Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    think so?
  • Options
    JexJex Posts: 283
    Whats the "/ Sub -" mean?
    "Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
    1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited March 2014
    they have two main stages playing at the same time?
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    On the Lolla board that "source" was a screenshot of someone's computer. I'd hold tight still...
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Isn't the announcement tomorrow?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    I skipped Lolla in 2007 and I was only 40 minutes from downtown Chicago. I let myself down with that move. I will not skip for 2014 though if they play. Hope the rumors are true.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    Noload said:

Tickets on sale tomorrow, lineup will come around the 10th of April so it can be released in the April News.
  • Options
    qq New York Posts: 97
    Hmmm Pearl Jam/Outkast/Bowie is a pretty incredible 3 days of headliners.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Noload said:

Tickets on sale tomorrow, lineup will come around the 10th of April so it can be released in the April News.
    While I don't know if PJ is playing or not, I know Lollapalooza is not waiting until April 10th due to PJ's monthly newsletter.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,548
    Lineup announcement should be before 10 AM tomorrow, with 3 days onsale at 10 AM. No one is really sure if the lineup is coming out tonight with the lottery results or at some point before the onsale. But we should at least know all the bands before they go onsale (per Greg Kot). A newspaper article or ad usually leaks ahead of the official announcement too.

Single day tix should be released later, I would assume thats when we'll know who is playing what day. Last year, however, we knew who was playing on which day right away.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I thought I read somewhere that the remaining headliners were tomorrow.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,548
    Also hoping that the screen shot is real, with the part saying Tool could be the Saturday headliner and AM subbing for PJ
  • Options

Lineup announcement should be before 10 AM tomorrow, with 3 days onsale at 10 AM. No one is really sure if the lineup is coming out tonight with the lottery results or at some point before the onsale. But we should at least know all the bands before they go onsale (per Greg Kot). A newspaper article or ad usually leaks ahead of the official announcement too.

Single day tix should be released later, I would assume thats when we'll know who is playing what day. Last year, however, we knew who was playing on which day right away.

This will be the first year tickets and lineup announced at the same time. Usually we get the line up after the tix are on sale.

• Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    If that is the line-up, I am there. Although this would probably rule out PJ in the immediate area for their tour (stupid Lolla clause), seeing PJ, Bowie, Outkast, Weezer, and Arctic Monkeys would be pretty damned awesome. Will just have to travel for the actual PJ tour.
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Burying the lead ... Bowie???

People spent a decade chasing that rumor on the Coachella boards. Ain't gonna happen.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,910
    Outkast isnt gonna be sub headliner. They are a headline act. No was is that lineup legit.

I mean, besides the Bowie headline giving it away.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    never understood the restriction lolla puts on bands for where and when they want to play if they want to participate in the festival. lollapalooza.... all about the music right? then why are they preventing just that? preventing these bands from playing venues/cities within a certain radius?

is this so people are forced into talking about THAT pearl jam show at lolla instead of THAT pearl jam show at the united center? seems silly to me.
  • Options
    rival. said:

never understood the restriction lolla puts on bands for where and when they want to play if they want to participate in the festival. lollapalooza.... all about the music right? then why are they preventing just that? preventing these bands from playing venues/cities within a certain radius?

is this so people are forced into talking about THAT pearl jam show at lolla instead of THAT pearl jam show at the united center? seems silly to me.

It also seems that Lolla only enforces the rule on certain bands. Eminem is playing in Detroit this summer and Outkast is also Headlining Summerfest up in Milwaukee. So either both those bands are not playing Lolla, or they are above the law.

• Options
    It's essentially a non-compete clause. If there were 2 or 3 bands you wanted to see, you cannot just pick them off as one offs, but you must go to the festival. Coahcella does it, Outside Lands does it ... I'm sure others do as well.

San Francisco has deemed the weeks before and after Coachella as "Localchella" ... as all the bands that can't play in LA come up to San Francisco.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    Chili Peppers played Rosemont in May 2012 and then headlined Lolla that same year. Kings of Leon played Chicago this month and will likely be at Lolla. I think it depends on the situation.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    There is usually a time limit on it ... I have heard anywhere from 30 - 90 days.

• Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    jimed14 said:

Burying the lead ... Bowie???

People spent a decade chasing that rumor on the Coachella boards. Ain't gonna happen.

That is the bit that makes me the most skeptical

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    edited March 2014
    this just deosn't excite me one bit. It eliminates virtually all other midwest shows. I don't think a Lolla greatest hits set is worth not getting 2 in the UC, 2 in Milwaukee, possibly then no Indy.....fuck Lolla and tour the midwest on your new album like you should have done for both backspacer and LB. I don;t care about outkast, Bowie, Kings.....none of them

Don;t even begin to tell me Wrigley was touring on LB either, that is a whole other cluster, the 2009 shows at UC were prior to BS like Wrigley was to LB and they only played a few songs versus the rest of the dates which got far more new stuff. Yes we have gotten shows, that is awesome, but I would just love to see a show in the are that is with the album release, not before it.
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    edited March 2014
    hrd2imgn said:

this just deosn't excite me one bit. It eliminates virtually all other midwest shows. I don't think a Lolla greatest hits set is worth not getting 2 in the UC, 2 in Milwaukee, possibly then no Indy.....fuck Lolla and tour the midwest on your new album like you should have done for both backspacer and LB. I don;t care about outkast, Bowie, Kings.....none of them

Don;t even begin to tell me Wrigley was touring on LB either, that is a whole other cluster, the 2009 shows at UC were prior to BS like Wrigley was to LB and they only played a few songs versus the rest of the dates which got far more new stuff. Yes we have gotten shows, that is awesome, but I would just love to see a show in the are that is with the album release, not before it.

While I do agree 100% with your statement and would much rather have a Midwest tour than another Chicago event show, we in the Midwest should be forever grateful we got the greatest weekend in Pearl Jam history called PJ20 at Alpine Valley! No offense to my home state of Wisconsin but we had no right in hell in getting those two amazing shows. They should have been played in Seattle or The Gorge. We were sooooo lucky to have to drive a few hours for two amazing sets.

People flew from all over the world for those two shows and spent a lot of money to be there. While I spent a lot of money on beer.
    Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    With most rumors, they end up being false, so I'll believe it when I see it. Some people seem to get enjoyment from posting rumors (not the folks here but the postings they reference) to fool with people. Hope this one is true though. Need some good news.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    edited March 2014
    by no means am I saying Chicago has not gotten great shows in the immediate commutable area (Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri. My small beef is they keep coming to the midwest between albums, after they play a proper album themed tour, playing 5 or 6 new ones. On the flipside playing a few before the main tour, a month or so before the album comes out. Are we spoiled in the midwest...fuck yeah we are. I know the plight of the south over the years, Seattle even, lets keep this to North America please....but I cannot travel all over the damn country anymore, tough for me I know, but since Chicagoland is a normal stop, why can't they make one after the album comes out(not 3 years after)??? I am glad they are spreading the love again to the south and western states again, but whyt not come back to the midwest for an album stop?

Fuck the area has had lolla 07/the Vic, Wrigley, PJ20 and all the other shows have been drop dead, and not unsatisfying in any way, but I would love to get a show in the area to be able to hear the new stuff. That is my point. Not a complaint as much as a plea
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Jex said:

I would assume it means substitution, in the event that the "#1" couldn't go for some reason
  • Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241

Jex said:

I would assume it means substitution, in the event that the "#1" couldn't go for some reason
    I would guess that's the sub headliner who will be playing directly before the headliner
  • Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    sgtppr67 said:

Jex said:

I would guess that's the sub headliner who will be playing directly before the headliner
    I believe this is correct. I think it is crap that Lolla doesn't release the lineup before tickets go on sale, which will sell out blind. I am only interested in this if PJ is there (hey, if I am not gonna get a tour stop, I am gonna go to this show).
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    as this will be my 4th year in a row at lolla...

I have bought tickets blind for the last 3 years... and the tickets have been selling out faster and faster each of those years without the artist being known. All of the 3 day passes last year sold out in less than 6 hours...

Last year, 3-day passes sold out, then next week when the lineup was supposed to be released it got leaked by a local outfit that was supposed to run a full page add of the line-up... and single day passes subsequently went on sale immediately...

so if you want your 3-day pass, you're likely going to have to buy it blind...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.