Options

Pearl Jam Lolla Almost Confirmed

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    Yeah, its not terrible. Its just not rock centric and that rankles people. While they may not be headliners that we all like, some do deserve to be a headliner (The hip hop acts at least).

• Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 542
    edited March 2014
    How the fuck do Imagine Dragons get billed above Weezer at Firefly? Radioactive is the dumbest song I have ever heard.
    Post edited by rival9500 on
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    What's Imagine Dragons? Never heard of em'
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    rival9500 said:

How the fuck do Imagine Dragons get billed above Weezer at Firefly? Radioactive is the dumbest song I have ever heard.

I'm not a fan, but currently they are much more popular than weezer and have a huge fanbase

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106

Guarantee you've heard them, even if you don't know who they are (Radioactive). They are MASSIVE right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagine_Dragons#Awards_and_accolades
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243

In case you wondered who their fan base is....my 13 year old LOVES them.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    This is fantastic news PJ isn't playing here. Bring on that Midwest tour!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited March 2014
    For those raggin on Zac Brown Band I challenge you to see them live then say who the fuck are they.The fucking rock is who they are.Think Pearl Jam of Country Music .Great talented musicians who get u moving.
    I last saw them with Foos Super Bowl weekend in NYC.They tore it up.Covers of Kashmir,Enter Sandman,Charlie Daniels,Van Morrison,and a rip your face off Rage cover of Killing in the name Of to close the show.Plus Chicken Fried is just a great Friday night beer drinking song with friends and family.I Invite you folks who have never tried ZBB give it a go.you will love the southern charm
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303
    YLed2 said:

This is fantastic news PJ isn't playing here. Bring on that Midwest tour!

Agreed, and I've seen Zac Brown Band, they are very entertaining live
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    JaneNY said:

I don't think the lineup is as bad as some people are saying. I too thought Pearl Jam might be on it, and probably would have tried to go, but this lineup is skewing younger. The lineup is not BAD, it just doesn't necessarily appeal to some people on here. Eminem is huge - I would love to see him, but not enough to make the trek to Lolla. Skrillex is also young and big right now, as is Lorde. I saw Skrillex at Lolla last year when he was there in his side project Dogblood, and that pulled in a very large (and pretty insane) crowd. There are a lot of people who would like to see Outkast. Sounds like a savvy business decision of Lolla management to bring artists that will bring younger show goers in - it will help ensure the longevity of the festival.

Maybe PJ will do some touring in the US in the late summer and/or fall.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you on 3C's business tactics and bringing in young people, I have a little bit of a different standpoint on it from the moral perspective...

I have gone the last 3 years... during which point in time Perry's tent started and has grown in size tremendously... which is great... but...

Last year I noticed a couple of times when I went by perry's tent, it's mostly populated by teenagers (i.e. let's say 14-21), fucked out of their head on drugs. literally. as someone who's been there and done that, it was kind of scary to look into that tent section and see, at times, 10-20,000 people completely fucked dancing along. I mean, yea, it looked like they were all having a great time... but at least 2 out of every 3 people looked like they were <21 years old, and barely knowing where they are...

now your telling me that skillerx is moving up on of the main stage... cool, great for skillerx... however this segment of the population of lolla is going to grow again...

and at the rate it's growing, soon enough lolla will be completely taken over by a giant rave for 14 year olds off the tether fucked out of their skull on drugs...

and sooner or later it's going to turn into a massive problem for 3C...

say what you want about my preference for rock music, beer, and maybe a little pot... but kids on hard substances taking over this festival might not be where 3C wants to steer this thing... that's where they're driving it with headliners like I see this year...

I think i'm done with going...

hangout or firefly look like great alternatives...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    Too much overlap at Lolla- I would never buy tix for that festival.

Pearl Jam's set was not even that great last time around anyway.

Yes, I'm a negative Nancy today hahaha
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924

Too much overlap at Lolla- I would never buy tix for that festival.

Pearl Jam's set was not even that great last time around anyway.

Yes, I'm a negative Nancy today hahaha

Agreed. I mean, any PJ show is pretty good. But I had spent the prior 3 days REALLY enjoying Chicago. So, by the end of their set, I was just ready to get home. Plus, MMJ and KIngs of Leon (at that time),who played right before them, were both really, really good. I thought the PJ set was pretty underwhelming comparably.

• Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    rr165892 said:

For those raggin on Zac Brown Band I challenge you to see them live then say who the fuck are they.The fucking rock is who they are.Think Pearl Jam of Country Music .Great talented musicians who get u moving.
    I last saw them with Foos Super Bowl weekend in NYC.They tore it up.Covers of Kashmir,Enter Sandman,Charlie Daniels,Van Morrison,and a rip your face off Rage cover of Killing in the name Of to close the show.Plus Chicken Fried is just a great Friday night beer drinking song with friends and family.I Invite you folks who have never tried ZBB give it a go.you will love the southern charm

i saw em last year and just got tickets to see em again. there is a reason they have no opener (like pj) cause they rip for 2-3 hours each night. great covers too. crazy crowds

2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106
    Decent perspective on Lolla '14 lineup on Consequence of Sound today, though it overlooks the fact that it sold out before the full lineup was announced. We're not sure of the impact that the perceived weak lineup will have on actual attendance or the market value of the tickets that people might attempt to re-sell. It will also be interesting to see how many are tentative next year on full-festival passes if they announce in a similar fashion.

I also think this whole notion of the rise of EDM and the death of rock to all be greatly exaggerated. Rock music has had harbingers of doom for decades now, not sure why people aren't tired of suggesting it at this point.

Notwithstanding certain acts like Daft Punk, who emphasize the aesthetic/visual as much as the music to enhance their show, live rock simply works better for festivals than Lorde standing up there like a statue with her dad on keyboards (or whoever that guy is) and the other guy on drums.
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    I've almost got my jetlagged infant to sleep. Just need confirmation. Still don't know Imagine Dragons...
    www.cluthelee.com