Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Great t-shirt idea guys (and girls). Awesome to see 10C involved in it. :) Hopefully it can turn into a national t-shirt, and not just a regional one. The more people know, the better.

And yes, local police are almost sure that the break-in was just something random and unconnected.

I hope the 10C can do something about that ticket other than make her give it to someone else. :( I hate to sound selfish, but i'm glad i'm not the one who has to make the difficult decision "Who goes in Brian's spot?"
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I was waiting for somebody to start a thread... I've started too many threads lately and feeling like I'm starting to annoy people...but I'll do it if needed.

Ok, here are some ideas I have... and with little time left we have before the Cleveland show, we need to get going with this T-shirt for our missing Pearl Jam fan.

I am thinking maybe it would be easier for the T-shirts to be distributed to the CCFA pre-parties where the fans can pick up the shirts there. And a willing person to take it up to the venue and if anyone wants to wear it, it's up to them. Then/or pass them on to the next CCFA pre-party in Detroit. Up to others to carry this on to next one...

In order to determine an estimate number of t-shirts, a new thread would be needed and also replying to the CCFA pre-parties threads to point to subscribed posters to that thread and post if they want that t-shirt.

What do you think?
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    Alexis is truly very excited about getting more publicity for Brian - more people, improved chances of getting leads on his disappearance.

Here is her response I'd like you to read:

Hi Melissa,
    I talked to Kevin Miles, the president of Crimestoppers here, and he really liked the idea of having people wear tshirts for Brian. I knew he would! He told me that you would be more than welcome to call him and talk to him about the best way to proceed with that. So, if you would like, you can give Kevin a call at 614-206-6315. He is an incredible person and very nice. He has not only worked tirelessly to help us, but he's also involved in 16 other cases here in central OH. I told him that I still have some of the old tshirts as well, so he may mention that to you also. Thanks again for this idea. It's truly my favorite one because of how much Brian loves Pearl Jam!
    Alexis

====================

I'm hoping someone would kindly step up and take charge of this - I am in charge of working with my interpreters for the shows and that takes up my time, too.

If that is not possible at all - let me know and I will get this going ASAP.

Hang in there, Alexis. :)

We'll get more people involved and hope Pearl Jam will bring him home.
    ~Q Magazine

• spike007spike007 Posts: 54
    IamMine wrote:
    Alexis is truly very excited about getting more publicity for Brian - more people, improved chances of getting leads on his disappearance.

Here is her response I'd like you to read:

Hi Melissa,
    I talked to Kevin Miles, the president of Crimestoppers here, and he really liked the idea of having people wear tshirts for Brian. I knew he would! He told me that you would be more than welcome to call him and talk to him about the best way to proceed with that. So, if you would like, you can give Kevin a call at 614-206-6315. He is an incredible person and very nice. He has not only worked tirelessly to help us, but he's also involved in 16 other cases here in central OH. I told him that I still have some of the old tshirts as well, so he may mention that to you also. Thanks again for this idea. It's truly my favorite one because of how much Brian loves Pearl Jam!
    Alexis

====================

I'm hoping someone would kindly step up and take charge of this - I am in charge of working with my interpreters for the shows and that takes up my time, too.

If that is not possible at all - let me know and I will get this going ASAP.

Hang in there, Alexis. :)

We'll get more people involved and hope Pearl Jam will bring him home.

I would love to help! Let me know what I can do :)
    spike007 wrote:
    I would love to help! Let me know what I can do :)

:)

Could you find the time to poll the fans on the board to get a general idea of how many t-shirts we need, and call Kevin to discuss about organizing this?

We need to bring Brian to the shows with us!
    ~Q Magazine

• EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    IamMine wrote:
    :)

Could you find the time to poll the fans on the board to get a general idea of how many t-shirts we need, and call Kevin to discuss about organizing this?

We need to bring Brian to the shows with us!

Why dont you make a thread/sticky order type form for people to sign up on.
    I will definitely wear a shirt to the two shows in Denver. It would be nice if all the 10 C member wore them. Maybe we could hand them out at the CCFA fundraisers for people to wear.. Im organizing the Denver fundraisers.. I would love to do this for Alexis and Brian's father.
    Here is the thread to sign up for the t-shirt:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=190766

Thanks!

I hope to get an estimate by Monday, at least for the Cleveland show.

Any inputs/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)
    ~Q Magazine

Here's two more ideas.

1) Maybe there could be a reward box set up at the CCFA and/or 10C ticket window? Put in $1, $5, whatever, and the money could be used to add to the reward fund? Speaking of that, it's currently at $100,000, but drops to $25,000 on Wednesday.

2) Does the band know about this? If we could get them to wear the shirts, maybe even announce something...we all know Ed likes to talk during the shows, maybe just a quick little "This guy Brian is missing...here's his picture, he has the stickman tattoo, if anyone sees him, please call your authorities...", that would get the word out to the fans who don't go on the forum. I don't want to give them a burden that they may not want to carry, but we all know Ed is a bit concerned about safety of the fans (Rodeskilde, quarter incident, etc.)

Certainly not every show, but at least once would be nice. We know Alexis will be at Detroit, and maybe the Cleveland show.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Message From Alexis:

Hi Mel,
    I'm really sorry that Crimestoppers wasn't more helpful. I was truly moved by how many people were wanting to wear tshirts! If you could, please pass on this message to the message board for everyone to see. I just don't think I can bring myself to go to the concert without Brian. Plus, I need to hope that I can still see them for the first time with him. So, I decided to auction them off to go towards finding Brian.
    Thank you!
    Alexis

Brian purchased tickets for the two of us to see Pearl Jam in Detroit at the Palace of Auburn Hills on May 22. He is a member of the Ten Club, Pearl Jam's fan club, and he purchased his tickets through them. When the Ten Club members buy tickets, they have tickets reserved in their name that they pick up at the box office the night of the concert. The seats are reserved on the floor or in the section directly next to the stage. Brian has been a Ten Club member for a long time, so they should be fanastic seats. I got permission from Ten Club to auction off Brian's tickets to help us raise money for Brian's reward! I have them listed on ebay, and they will be available to be bid for starting Wednesday May 17 at 12:00pm, and that will last for 3 days. So, if anyone is interested in bidding on them, or if you could spread the word about this, I would really appreciate it. Again, here is the information:

Pearl Jam Concert Tickets
    Floor/section next to stage
    Palace of Auburn Hills, Detoid
    May 22, 7:30 pm
    Sale on ebay starting Wed. May 17 at 12:00 for 3 days!
    The money will go to the Brian Shaffer reward fund!
    ~Q Magazine

• holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    I hope your Brian will soon be back with us. All of us I'm sure will do all we can do to help. Your Brian will be at the show if not in person than in thought. I hope your Brian is there in person. My Bryan will be there but unfortunately only in spirit. Here's sending good thoughts and hope your way
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    God, I really hope they find him. How does this kind of thing happen? It's so confusing.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
    God, I really hope they find him. How does this kind of thing happen? It's so confusing.

What's even more maddening about the situation is the fact that there's two ways out of the bar and they're both on camera. How the heck the cameras didn't spot him on his way out is the most confusing part of it all.

In other (somewhat) related news, another OSU student ran away to Tennessee. His car was found in Columbus and Crime Stoppers became involved in his case. He ended up going to local Tennessee authorities to turn himself in. His original story was that he ran away from his kidnappers, but later changed his story that he ran away.

The recent disappearance of Hiroshi Hayashi has a strange coincidence with other disappearances of OSU students. Hiroshi Hayashi went to Pickerington High School, the same high school that Brian Shaffer and Julie Popovich, who was abducted and eventually found dead last August, went to.

Link to Ohio State University newspaper

I hate to sound paranoid, but 3 people went to the same high school then on to the same university. I know it's just an odd coincidence, but it's all very, very strange. And quite sad.
    What's even more maddening about the situation is the fact that there's two ways out of the bar and they're both on camera. How the heck the cameras didn't spot him on his way out is the most confusing part of it all.

In other (somewhat) related news, another OSU student ran away to Tennessee. His car was found in Columbus and Crime Stoppers became involved in his case. He ended up going to local Tennessee authorities to turn himself in. His original story was that he ran away from his kidnappers, but later changed his story that he ran away.

The recent disappearance of Hiroshi Hayashi has a strange coincidence with other disappearances of OSU students. Hiroshi Hayashi went to Pickerington High School, the same high school that Brian Shaffer and Julie Popovich, who was abducted and eventually found dead last August, went to.

Link to Ohio State University newspaper

I hate to sound paranoid, but 3 people went to the same high school then on to the same university. I know it's just an odd coincidence, but it's all very, very strange. And quite sad.

Oh no...

Maybe he didn't "really" run away for fear of the kidnappers coming back?

I probably would change my stories if I thought my life was in danger...even to the cops.

I don't know... that is STRANGE.

I hope they keep questioning that person. Too many coincidences, if you ask me.

Thanks for the update!
    ~Q Magazine

IamMine wrote:
    Oh no...

Maybe he didn't "really" run away for fear of the kidnappers coming back?

I probably would change my stories if I thought my life was in danger...even to the cops.

I don't know... that is STRANGE.

I hope they keep questioning that person. Too many coincidences, if you ask me.

Thanks for the update!

The guy who ran away to Tennessee was under suicide watch within the past 12 hours or so.

Even though it wasn't really an "update", I felt like I had to share it because of the same high school.

Very very odd that 3 people from the same high school would disappear like that.
    The guy who ran away to Tennessee was under suicide watch within the past 12 hours or so.

Even though it wasn't really an "update", I felt like I had to share it because of the same high school.

Very very odd that 3 people from the same high school would disappear like that.

Agreed...what's up with that? What are the percentage of students attending OSU from the same high school, I wonder?

Also, I looked up that girl who was missing and found dead last year in August...she was really a pretty 20 years old model.

Look at Brian Shaffer...not a bad looking guy, either.

I'm not sure if that makes sense or not...but someone jealousy of their academic/socialization/popularity success?

I don't know...but something ain't right.

It's bugging the sh*t out of me.

I don't even know the guy, but him and his family, his gf Alexis have been on my mind heavily lately.

I hope we get good news soon... we need more good news on this sad, sick and tired abused Mother Earth.

No wonder she has been having nasty contratications (sp?) lately....
    ~Q Magazine

• estrojennyestrojenny Posts: 1
    You are absolutely correct. Jealousy was no doubt the motive. Brian is obviously very attractive, great personality, intelligent - 2nd year med student. He HAS everything going for him!

Everyone, please visit:
    http://www.findbrianshaffer.com

For those of you with MySpace accounts, we need you to start posting bulletins about Brian. Help to try to promote the tickets Alexis has up on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6630219211

NBC Dateline Interview
    http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=a85dc126-970f-4e0e-8d20-a38fa5da025b&f=00&fg=email
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    man, I so hope they find this guy. It worries me that with more and more time passing, things aren't looking too good. I went onto the findbrian website and printed the "missing" flyer they have posted on there. I'm going to copy them and hang them around town (I'm in Southern California). My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    PJPixie wrote:
    man, I so hope they find this guy. It worries me that with more and more time passing, things aren't looking too good. I went onto the findbrian website and printed the "missing" flyer they have posted on there. I'm going to copy them and hang them around town (I'm in Southern California). My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Great, I'm sure his family appreciates that very much! :)

I hope there'll be flyers at the pre-parties... I don't have any printer ink. :(

I live out in the boonies so the nearest one is a long drive.

I'm glad a lot helped out and hopefully we'll somehow raise some donations for Brian.

I'll be wearing the Missing tshirts for all the shows I'm attending.
    ~Q Magazine

• cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    I just wanted to stop by and say how I think all of this youre doing is awesome!
    I hope he comes back soon
    This t-shirt idea def shows how supportive and caring PJ community is and it def might help a lot finding him.
    It's just awesome what you're doing and all of you who will be wearing the shirts.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    Brian's father emailed me and said he thought that would be great if people wanted to do the t-shirts for the concerts.

Just so you know in case some were wondering about needing an approval.

I wore the tshirts to all 3 shows.

Now your turn to bring Brian to your other shows.

xo
    Iam
    ~Q Magazine

• just finding out about Brian, hope he is ok, comes home soon, printed flyers to post at Phillie/NJ and DC,home MD going to try printer "iron on" paper if i can find someone smart enough to tell me how to mirror the image? get one of my boys to throw it to ed or pass it up, if you are in front and see the tee being passed please help!
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
    just finding out about Brian, hope he is ok, comes home soon, printed flyers to post at Phillie/NJ and DC,home MD going to try printer "iron on" paper if i can find someone smart enough to tell me how to mirror the image? get one of my boys to throw it to ed or pass it up, if you are in front and see the tee being passed please help!

That would be GREAT!

Brian's dad and girlfriend, Alexis were very pleased that people were interested in wearing the t-shirts. :)

I wore them to all of the 3 shows I attended.

I'm not sure how exactly you can do it yourself...but I had it done at a mom and pop custom t-shirt place which was too expensive.

I was told by some people here on the board that it could be very cheap if it was done at Kinko's or something.

I had "Missing Pearl Jam Fan" on the front with stickmans under that heading on both sides of Brian Shaffer's name with a whole bunch of pictures of him that can be found on http://www.findbrianshaffer.com and a flyer on the back.

But I think a flyer on the front would do - probably saves a lot of money and still plenty of information and pictures.

If no one can still help you with the do-it-yourself shirt, I can email my dad and ask him how he made my VFC Bush/Cheney t-shirt.

Thanks for helping out!!! :)
    ~Q Magazine

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    just finding out about Brian, hope he is ok, comes home soon, printed flyers to post at Phillie/NJ and DC,home MD going to try printer "iron on" paper if i can find someone smart enough to tell me how to mirror the image? get one of my boys to throw it to ed or pass it up, if you are in front and see the tee being passed please help!

Hi I made iron t-shirts for my Dad's 60th. Not great quality but they will last one or two wears before the image starts flaking too much (that might me not doing it quite right :o ).

I remember in the software I used to print the image there was an option to 'flip' the image think in some software it's called 'mirror'. Hope that helps.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I debated whether to post this...but it does show the t-shirt very well. :)

Credit goes to Kerensa Wright for taking this picture. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/_DSC0227.jpg
    ~Q Magazine

• cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    The shirts look great! :)
    Hope it helps to find him...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    IamMine wrote:
    I debated whether to post this...but it does show the t-shirt very well. :)

Credit goes to Kerensa Wright for taking this picture. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/_DSC0227.jpg
    where can we buy it?
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
    Here's an idea I have...but hoping it won't take this long to find Brian!

What I am thinking of is someone local and is going to the Cincinnati show would take charge of this t-shirt thing.

The person would be taking donations and with that money, go and get some t-shirts made.

Then bring it to the CCFA pre-party to pass them out?

Brian's father is very pleased - and emailed me this morning and said media is one of the best tools to keep Brian out there.

I thought it would be a good idea to get media coverage on the CCFA party and also on Brian's missing at the same time.

He said he will find Brian no matter what and wants your help. Any help.

For those going to other shows, get them made if you can!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help. :)

xo
    Iam
    ~Q Magazine

• nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    All you folks are doing great things to keep this going. I hope they find Brian soon. It shows what kind of people PJ fans are.

Peace to you all
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    God I Hope They Find Him!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    God I Hope They Find Him!!

Me too, sweetie.

I'm really anxious to see who would like to take charge of the donations and get the t-shirts made as soon as possible.

Before you know it, you will be too busy preparing for the show.

If you want, I can call in Ohio and find out how much it would cost for a t-shirt - or a batch one - and how much to get it made with just a flyer or with the "Missing Pearl Jam Fan" like my t-shirt.

But again, it cost me 64 dollars for 3 shirts 'cuz I had both sides made, the flyer on the back.

The flyer provides more information on his disappearance and description of him and tattoo.

I felt the front that I made made it more personal for the PJ community - a sense of connection with Brian.

Brian's father is so desperate...he lost his wife and now his son. I can not imagine what that man is going through.

I am aware there are other 500,000 missing people, especially children - but THIS person we can help in a way where we can promote awareness of his missing in the PJ community and hopefully get a media coverage at the CCFA pre-party.

I know it would provide a little relief to his father, giving him hope that someone out there knows something.

Mel
    ~Q Magazine