Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    YES
    good luck on the Vinyl
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    YES
    I think Hank is on to something here- its great from a marketing stand point. Take it or leave, its something else available, for sale, to those that want it. They could even sell the boot-codes at the merch tents (although a code on a ticket stub without having to wait in line at the tent would be more efficient).

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    edited January 2014
    NO
    Didn't they release the shows the next day in 2005? or was it 2006?? In MP3?

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    NO
    cutz said:

Didn't they release the shows the next day in 2005? or was it 2006?? In MP3?

yeah,was a few days after?..wasnt the best option quality talking and we didnt have cd option after that
    they doing excellent job at mixing the last 2 years,i can wait to get the best quality,+ i buy the cd..
    and the audio recordings are fun too.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    NO

good luck on the Vinyl

:))
    ^^^ What is this guy called by the way? Mr. Freaky Laugh Smiley?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    YES
    brianlux said:

good luck on the Vinyl

:))
    ^^^ What is this guy called by the way? Mr. Freaky Laugh Smiley?
    I gave him some shrooms
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    NO
    jervin007 said:

I feel like the download for the show should already be included in the ticket price, not marked up an additional $10. Concert tickets are expensive enough as it is. I know phish includes a free show download with their mail order tickets, pearl jam should include the same for 10 club tickets.

this. might also be a great way to get casual listeners into the PJ bootleg experience

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    edited January 2014
    YES
    I wonder how many fans in say a 20000 capacity arena actually are aware of the fact that PJ release all their shows? Nowhere near that number are actually 10c members and there are even members here sometimes who post, "Where can I find a recording of show X," unaware that it's right under their nose. This idea from Hank is actually really smart when you think about it. I think a lot of people would make the purchase of a show high on the euphoria of what they just witnessed. Even if they weren't available immediately they could sell a voucher with a download code or as Hank said have it included in the ticket price as an added option. I don't see why they should do it for free as some suggested but if mp3/FLAC codes were available at the merch booth they would surely sell more boots than they do through the site here?
    Post edited by veddertown on
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    edited January 2014
    YES
    Well, i like the idea, so therefore i voted yes.
    But it could be nice if it was an option, when you buy tickets. Not everyone wants the bootleg, or wants to pay for it.
    And i have no need for it 72 hour after the show. I would much rather have that, whoever do the editing take their time and make really good sounding boots!

Ohh, yeah, as previously mentioned, there should probably be an mp3/Lossless-option, as well....
    Post edited by aennil on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    NO
    Would rather buy a cd ....

Don't think it's a great idea to rush the mastering or whatever it is that they do and I'm never in a rush to hear my shows again so soon. I like to hold my memory of a show for a while before I relive it and the time the bootlegs take give the perfect time window, by the time they release I'm chomping at the bit.

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    NO

well could give ticket holders a platinum option for 10.00 more you get a free MP3 download of the show the next day, and then they could just do everything like they do it now and the only ones who could hear the show early would be the ones who got the platinum option on their ticket, I would definitely pay 10.00 extra for that

And in doing so that bootleg gets shared ... And undoubtedly hits their sales when the boot is made available to all
  • Options
    YES

I wonder how many fans in say a 20000 capacity arena actually are aware of the fact that PJ release all their shows? Nowhere near that number are actually 10c members and there are even members here sometimes who post, "Where can I find a recording of show X," unaware that it's right under their nose. This idea from Hank is actually really smart when you think about it. I think a lot of people would make the purchase of a show high on the euphoria of what they just witnessed. Even if they weren't available immediately they could sell a voucher with a download code or as Hank said have it included in the ticket price as an added option. I don't see why they should do it for free as some suggested but if mp3/FLAC codes were available at the merch booth they would surely sell more boots than they do through the site here?

+1
  • Options
    YES
    I wonder how many bootlegs they sell for each show, on average? betwenn CDs, MP3's and FLAC versions
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    YES
    pdalowsky said:

well could give ticket holders a platinum option for 10.00 more you get a free MP3 download of the show the next day, and then they could just do everything like they do it now and the only ones who could hear the show early would be the ones who got the platinum option on their ticket, I would definitely pay 10.00 extra for that

And in doing so that bootleg gets shared ... And undoubtedly hits their sales when the boot is made available to all
    Fair point and appreciated Paul but as soon as the boots become available there is a huge trading community already hitting the sales and this will always be the case. You know there is a hardcore boot collecting community too and many audiophiles and completists among them. A lot of people here only get boots with their analog membership coupons and many people don't care for them at all. I'd bet if there was an option to pre-order shows at the merch table it would regain a lot of the trade lost through the sharing community plus spread the word over a much larger audience that are probably unaware when they go to a show that it will be released later through 10c. Some people who go to shows aren't actually even aware of this place.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    NO
    I still enjoy getting the physical CD. If there was another option to pay a little extra and have the CD sent to you down the road I might do it, but I still think an MP3 download should be included in the price of the ticket.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    YES
    CJMST3K said:

I would pay $100 more per ticket if it included Abbruzzese playing on the early material. :)

I would love to hear his take on the later material. Hehe.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    NO
    No, especially since I usually get 10c seats and I have to buy 2. That would mean I paid $20 extra for an mp3 of the show that I normally wouldn't even buy anyway. Press it on vinyl and yeah I'd prob pay $50 more though.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    YES
    was not expecting the numbers to be that lopsided
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    NO
    No. The need it now generation strikes again. Plus I like a physical CD. I'll wait for 10C to release those.
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    jervin007 said:

zevilone said:

phish actually includes it with every ticket, not just mail order for ticketmaster tickets you just enter the barcode at the livephish site

No shit. Didn't know that. Nice perk to going to their shows for sure.

it is, also they are usually available a few hours after the show ends, you do pay if you want the flac or the new ALAC-HD format.

id love it if pearl jam did the same. Though most people just email them to me after they download them.