Options

**Gorge Fanviews here**

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited May 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
Sorry this is late. Did you have a good time at the show? :)
xo

Acoustic Set: I Believe In Miracles (Ramones), Small Town, Off He Goes, Low Light, Man Of The Hour, I Am Mine, Crazy Mary, Black, Hard To Imagine

Electric Set: Given To Fly, Last Exit, Save You, Do The Evolution, Alone, Sad, Even Flow, Not For You, Corduroy, Dissident, MFC, Undone, Daughter, In My Tree, State Of Love And Trust, Alive, Porch,

1st encore: Love Boat Captain, Insignificance, Betterman, Rearviewmirror
2nd encore: I Won't Back Down (Tom Petty), Last Kiss (Frank Wilson), Crown of Thorns (Mother Love Bone), Blood
3rd encore: Yellow Ledbetter, Baba O'Riley (The Who)
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kat wrote:
    xo

Didn't go, but judging by your tardiness, you must have had a great time.
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    I will keep this short and simple.
    I have seen Pearl Jam 15 or 16 times. The first was Drop in the Park and I even flew over to Maui for a couple shows in 1998. I really enjoyed the Showbox show too because we were so close to the band and it is such an intimate venue.
    This show ranks right up there with the first Gorge show in '93 and the Seattle night two in 2000. I don't think any show will match the intensity of the first Gorge show (PJ was in fact the biggest band in country at that time), but Pearl Jam rocked this time as if it was 1993 all over again.
    The acoustic set was a great way to ease into things and it also allowed for a bunch of back-to-back rockers during the main set. They really seemed like a ROCK band Thursday night.

I can't wait for next year when I see them again.
    Trent
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    we ended up 14th row at the Gorge, clean view of the band. surprisingly there weren't that many people in front of us, so we had just great seats. i couldn't see mike behind the amp for most of the show, but he finally came out into view during the last half of the show. and he was on...they all were actually. what a show.

and yeah, this was pearl jam at their best. holy shit. they had the energy, i'm sure you can tell from the bootleg. the greatest show i've ever seen, easily. i stood for the entire set, as did our section...except for this one girl next to me, she wasn't into it for some reason. doesn't matter...

i was trying to get mike's attention between songs. finally at the end he gaves us a nod...so awesome. and when eddie messed up on betterman i swear to god he gave us a sheepish look...and he was on too, reminded me of ten era energy. so amazing. and matt was hitting harder than you can imagine...speaking of hard to imagine...what a song to hear live.

just the greatest experience..at the gorge even...look over and see such an amazing view of the river and the cliffs....good weather...good people around us....(thanks for the menthols blond girl). and i wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    xo
    The show was incredible! One of my favorites. They played LowLight for me!!!!!!!! I've wanted to hear that live for a long time. The crowd was great I thought. Everyone, including me, was jumping around and singing along as loud as they could. It's amazing to see how many people love a band just as much as me. I love PJ fans.

The band was great! Eddie had a lot of energy and was ripping through the songs. His voice sounded great. I love when he jumps over the speakers. It's so funny. I thought for a second during the one song(sorry, can't remember which one) when he came by the side of the stage, that he was going to start climbing the scaffling. I think some other people at first thought he was going to start climbing too. I loved the acoustic pre-set. It was great. It happened right as the sun was setting. What a beautiful backdrop that venue has too. It was a perfect day for it all. Then, the second set was amazing. They started with LAST EXIT, one of my fav. fast ones. Given to Fly was awesome... I love one all the hands fly up in the air during the song. It's a great sight to see. Undone was great to hear. I remember playing that one during the election last year. Hard to Imagine was great to hear live too. They did an amazing job on that one.

All 3 hours and about 15 minutes was incredible. I'll never forget it. I wish I could follow the Canadian tour! :( I'm heading to The Gorge tonight to see TOM! HELLOOOOOOOO TOM... COME DOWN TOMMMMMM! At least tonight, he'll actually show up! lol. See you there if you're coming! :)
    "If you guys wanna stick around we're willing to make this the longest Pearl Jam show that ever has been played" -EV, State College, PA, 5/3/03
    --
    5/3/03-State College
    7/12/03-Hershey
    10/1/04-Reading
    10/2/04-Toledo
    9/1/05- The Gorge
    7/22/06 & 7/23/06 THE GORGE!
    Tonight... WE ROCK THE GORGE!
  • Options
    After 18 shows, over 13 years, I must say that this was the best show i have ever seen them play. I'm so happy that i was there. . . . .i think one of the most powerful parts of the show for me was how they all went from sitting during the begining of Hard to Imagine to standing at the end of it.

Oh, and Matt has never ever sounded this amazing. In my tree? holy crap!
    you're cool, and cold in your calculations
    we're friends, only because of my situation
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Nuff' said??? Best show at the best setting..... Remarkable........ Thank you again TEN CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    this is probably the best show i could ask for to see them live for the first time....best show ive ever seen.
    "last stop on the west coast line, just south of the northern border" = Gorge I and II, 2006

I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-pees R Us.
  • Options
    This was the first time I'd seen them and I was blown away. I've been to alot of concerts (Nirvana, Metallica, Van Halen, Linkin Park, STP, AIC, Melvins, Live, etc. etc.) and this was by far the best show I've been to. The energy of the band and of the crowd was amazing. And I got to see some drunk blond girl puke into a cup. What's better than that??
    I'm Eric.

Gorge 9/1/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Seattle 9/22/09
    Portland 7/14/11 (Ed Solo)
    Seattle 7/15/11 (Ed Solo)
    Bridge School 10/23/11 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 10/31/12 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 11/1/12 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    phenomenal, absolutly the best thing that has ever happened to me it was my first PJ concert and it couldn't have been better, i didn't think it was possible to love them any more than i did but i do and i will never be the same after thursday night, awesome seats thanks TEN CLUB!!!! Pearl Jam fans are the shit, never met so many people on the same page as me. ;)
    How much difference does it make ?
    ***It's all state of mind***

----Gorge 05, Gorge 06' I & II, to be cont...
  • Options
    Seriously, the best show I've seen! Not only did I get kickass tickets from the 10C- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!, but I was front and center, able to take some great pictures without a flash before the sunset... So here, in no particular order, were the many reasons I loved this show:

I believe in Miracles, Low Light, Crazy Mary, HARD TO IMAGINE!?!, Last Exit, ALONE!!, Not for you, Corduroy, Dissident, undone (a nod from matt as I drummed the crazy ending riffs in the air), IN MY TREE!! (MY FAVORITE SONG EVER! That made my night!), State of love and trust, porch, Crown of Thorns!, Blood (who knew??), and of course, the Baba at the end to close it off, even though it was fucked up, but with all of the former reasons, it's all good!

Also, at the end, a friend was able to snag some items from the backstage area, such as the ORIGINAL second set's setlist, one stone's picks, and a FREE poster... (Thanx a million Nate!!!)-- btw- setlist included songs that were not played, like Masters of War (set 1), down (1st encore), u (2nd encore), and finally, bee girl (3rd encore)... talk about having a hell of a collector's item!!!!! I hope all of you had as phenomenal experience as I have, being this my 6th and BEST PJ show EVER!!! Many thanks to the cool folks I sat next to for their patience with all of my jumping and flailing with glee the whole night through, and of course, thanks to the best band in the world for making september 1, 2005 the best night of my life!

CHEERS!
    ...master of karate and friendship for everyone!
  • Options
    I thought the performance was a little messy and packed with mistakes

but the energy was enormous

three words HARD..... TO...... IMAGINE!!!!

also, seeing low light played with the sun going down over a beautiful vista was something I won't soon forget

thank you Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    imagine the most talented, incredible musicians in the world, playing in a dream, where mountain tops rise above the clouds, and the smell of sweet wine flows thru the breeze. imagine. nothing can compare to the gorge. thanks pearl jam, thanks 10 club, thanks to greg for the great bbq on alki beach.....hard to imagine anything better
  • Options
    I have never seen my fiance so excited and happy! He is just not a real excitable guy. Well he was so into the show and just kept telling me how great it was. We got awesome 10C seats. We also met several very cool people. I had a great time too, I just wish I hadn't gotten so messed up. My only complaint would be the security there. First we had 3 idiot security people lie to us and say we could not bring blankets, backpacks or anything. When we got to the venue people had brought all kinds of stuff. Then they were horrible in the reserved seating. You absolutely had to be in your specific seat. Oh well, this was a great show and I won't forget it. It was our first time at the Gorge and even though it was a 5 hour drive, it really wasn't that bad. Thanks to PJ, the 10C and all the great fans. Can't forget, I love my new shirt too (the blue with purple writing)! A concert shirt for a girl (excuse me woman, not teenager) that actually fits!
  • Options
    This is the most amazing venue I have been to..If you ever have the chance to go to the Gorge-GO!!!! You wont regret it.

The show-amazing doesnt even describe it. Ive been to about 18 PJ shows, and this one blows them all away...
    My eyes have seen you
    Let them photograph your soul
    Memorize your alleys
    On an endless roll- J Morrison
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    Hands down one of the best PJ shows ever. Thank you to the band for leaving it all on the stage!! Is there really any reason to doubt that PJ is the best band in the world right now?!?
    So awesome to hear Hard to Imagine and Undone!

And thank you to the 10 Club staff for taking care of us fans. 12 years in the Fan Club and not one disappointing moment for me.

Peace,
    Matt

PS: Vancouver rocked too - my voice is still hoarse! :)
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    any word on what the mystery song is called?
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    ...because I had seen Tom and the Heartbreakers August 30 & 31 at Red Rocks. Both amazing shows and I got a drumstick from night 2.

But I have to admit that this show at the Gorge was simply astounding!!! I have seen many PJ shows in different venues but this place is hands down the most visually appealing venue ever. Red Rocks is very near second. But the views from the Gorge are just amazing. The band was on and the crowd interaction was amazing. One of the greatest shows that I've been to is Soldier Field '95 and I have to admit that the Gorge show may have surpassed even that monumental night. I'm not saying it did, but it just may have.

I'd like to thank the band, the 10C and especially the fans who make this band play the way they do for us. And I did not forget David and Joe who were able to help me out with extra 10C tickets so that my friend and I could come just a little bit closer than the GA tickets I had. Thanks!
    ...theres going to be sex, drugs, rock and roll, chips, dips, chains, whips. You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing... I mean, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no...
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    <---still amazed by the show :eek:

It was nice to see old friends again, most of them whom I haven't seen since Bridge School 2003...AllNiteThing, Kaddikat (thanks for the ticket Momma :D), PJammin', SENROCK! and then meeting some new friends like decides2dream and soundgrunger :) Thanks for making my night, and to top that OFF, seeing PJ at the Gorge...what a GORGEous ass venue (hehe)! Seeing the beautiful sunset during Lowlight was the highlight of the night. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.:)

I was 11th row, on Stone's side w/my friend, Kaddikat..OMG! it was SO fuckin' amazing, I still can't get over that. One thing after the other! Opening it up w/I Believe In Miracles acoustic (i swear, that song has followed us since 2003, it is mine and VEDHEAD27's theme song:)) Anyway, that acoustic set was GREAT! And to end it w/Hard To Imagine, I IMMEDIATELY fell to the ground! :eek: Eddie was SO feeling that song and I felt it along w/him, especially during the part, "things were different then, all is different now
    i tried to explain, somehow..." I felt like I wanted to cry during that part.

And how could we forget...CROWN OF fuckin' THORNS?! The song that hardly gets played, and they saved it for a special occasion?! HOT DAMN!! Everyone felt the magic right then and there. I was blessed to have heard this song live for the first time @ MSG and to get it a 2nd time, was too overwhelming!

I will do a song-by-song review later on, I am just exhausted still, having driven from Seattle to Vancouver and then from Vancouver and Seattle yesterday, and I flew from Seattle to Oakland and didn't get home til nearly 8pm. I am SO tired that I am about to pass out on a beautiful Sunday.

THANKS PJ!! Thanks to Momma Kaddikat!!

*HUGS*

PJ fans are the GREATEST!!:)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Absolutely amazing show!! Thanks PJ and 10c!!! There's nothing like hanging with thousands of Jammers at a PJ show in such a beautiful natural setting!!
  • Options
    "If you guys wanna stick around we're willing to make this the longest Pearl Jam show that ever has been played" -EV, State College, PA, 5/3/03
    --
    5/3/03-State College
    7/12/03-Hershey
    10/1/04-Reading
    10/2/04-Toledo
    9/1/05- The Gorge
    7/22/06 & 7/23/06 THE GORGE!
    Tonight... WE ROCK THE GORGE!
  • Options
    This was my 13th PJ show and quite simply it was the best. The boys were on fire. Rare songs like Hard to Imagine, Lowlight, Alone were great to finaly hear live. Meet a ton of cool people. I saw the 10th Anniv. in Vegas and Benaroya Hall, and this show blew them both away.

Thank You Pearl Jam!!!
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    access to the internet, ah ! the gorge was awesome! 23rd row on mikes side, i recorded a little video of hard to imagine on my cell phone dont think i can upload it , though it looks like crap, i can listen to it over and over and over.!
    pearl jam puts other bands to shame with the setlist length! and the view, wa state is one of the most beautiful places ive ever been to, i stayed at discovery park for a long time on saturday, will visit again sometime soon I hope!
    ill have pictures to post when i get them developed.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Awesome show. I've been to quite a few shows, and on top of the outstanding scenery at this one, I was surrounded by such friendly fans! That's not been the case in the past! THen the awesome set! I loved it. I got a lot of it on my mp3 player because even though we can buy the downloads, I love hearing the crowd. I think the best part of it all for me was Porch. I'd never heard it live.

Thanks pj. and thanks tenclub for the AWESOME SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks also Kaddikat for getting the bus together! Even if the driver hit the center divider (more than once?)! It was awesome to go to the show in the company of fans!!!!!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Awesome show. I've been to quite a few shows, and on top of the outstanding scenery at this one, I was surrounded by such friendly fans! That's not been the case in the past! THen the awesome set! I loved it. I got a lot of it on my mp3 player because even though we can buy the downloads, I love hearing the crowd. I think the best part of it all for me was Porch. I'd never heard it live.

Thanks pj. and thanks tenclub for the AWESOME SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks also Kaddikat for getting the bus together! Even if the driver hit the center divider (more than once?)! It was awesome to go to the show in the company of fans!!!!!
    CLEAR ACROSS TOWN AND STILL......NOT YET!!!! HAHAHAHA OH MAN....
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    MineAmIMineAmI Posts: 114
    LOVE the not for you improv. BEAUTIFUL!! :):)
    we were but stones....your light made us stars
  • Options
    Im not sure I can add anything different to this thread. What an amazing venue - it was absolutely beautiful. The show was just something else that I can't put into words. My voice still isn't at 100% yet...Vancouver didn't help either ;)

Awesome show - awesome setlist - awesome friends to enjoy the show with. Thanks :)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    stpmattb wrote:
    Im not sure I can add anything different to this thread. What an amazing venue - it was absolutely beautiful. The show was just something else that I can't put into words. My voice still isn't at 100% yet...Vancouver didn't help either ;)

Awesome show - awesome setlist - awesome friends to enjoy the show with. Thanks :)

It's so true - it wasn't just the music but the whole day, the friends, the scenery made it such an awesome experience.
  • Options
    This was my 3rd PJ show(Missoula 98 and Seattle 03) and by far my favorite. This show pushed me from being just a regular fan to a uber-fan...i've joined the ten club and FINALLY signed up for the message boards.

The show was spectacular. It's about the 10th time i've been to the Gorge and this might be the best. We got decent seats for just going through ticketbastard(row 36 on Mike's side, but close to the center). My highlights were Crown of Thorns, which has been a fav of mine for quite some time and didn't even know that PJ played it live. MFC was great as usual. Crazy Mary was cool...espeacially Eddie handed a bottle of wine down to the crowd(I wonder if he made sure the person had a alcohol wristband on?). I thought Insignificance came off real good live.

VERY awesome show overall...I proud to claim I am now part of the extended PJ family.
    Missoula 1998
    Seattle 2003
    The Gorge 2005
    The Gorge 1 2006
    The Gorge 2 2006
  • Options
    The drive from Seattle to the Gorge was absolutely stunning, gorgeous, ear popping experience :)

sat with great friends left center row 22

I still can't believe there were Beverage Police patrols in the parking lot, funny shit, didn't stop us though!

the bathroom break after the first set was crazy, the whole floor section has to walk up to the edge of the lawn walkway to walk down to the bathrooms, the crowd was ridiculously squashed and of course there was 2 assholes in line that pushed their way thru causing people to fall down, it was crazy. There was no venue coordination at all IMO. Other than that the show was just beautiful.
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    My almost 13 hours journey (that`s on the way in to Seattle only) from Ecuador was totally worth it! I will do it again a hundred times. This was only my second time seing the band (1st one in MSG) but I know it´s got to be in between the top 5 best shows they had done ever. I got pretty good seats (row 19) and thought the set was just right in the money. I just think Tom Petty was an ass for not coming down, if he was really up there in that hotel, but other than that everything was perfect.
    I was glad to meet other jammers and hope to be able to do this again. Now that I´m back in Ecuador I´m just getting ready to hit the latin american tour. Hope to make all of them!!!

Andrés
    Give your self to fly