Options

**Gorge Fanviews here**

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I was at this phenomenal show and let me tell you it held up to my expectations and then some a few times over!!! I had pretty good 7th row Sec A 10c tickets...a little on the side but still very close! During the acoustic opening set i couldn't see Stone sitting behind the monitor....but once the electric set began I could see all 5 of them really well.....they were all just jamming!!! Before the sun went down it looked like Matt and his drum kit were suspended in mid air with nothing but blue sky and streaky white clouds behind him. It looked as though if he fell backwards....that would have been the end of him! It was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Mike FUCKING McCready was on FIRE!!! Him and his fire red hair were jumping all over the stage. Stone was in his grooving badass self just into the music and Jeff...Jeff was pounding his bass...just a machine as usual!!! They played for so long and played so many songs I had never seen live....what a treat for me to hear "hard To Imagine," "Sad," "UNDONE" and "Crown of Thorns" in one show at the fucking Gorge??? Not to mention all the "Helloooo Tom. Come dowwwwn Tom!!" chants to Tom Petty, hearing Ed hack through "Won't Back Down," hearing PJ play Low Light was also very cool as was "Baba O'Riley".....great fucking show all the way around! I loved the Gorge referenced lyric changes in Given To Fly to "made it to the river, had a smoke on a cliff" and in MFC "there's a lot to be said for out here." The weather was just perfect, the daytime rafting was an awesome way to prepare for what was an outstanding concert by my favorite band! Thanks again to Pearl Jam for playing the Gorge. Thank you Ten Club for the hook up on the 7th row tickets. Thanks everyone who had a part in making it happen!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    pjnava wrote:
    My almost 13 hours journey (that`s on the way in to Seattle only) from Ecuador was totally worth it! I will do it again a hundred times. This was only my second time seing the band (1st one in MSG) but I know it´s got to be in between the top 5 best shows they had done ever. I got pretty good seats (row 19) and thought the set was just right in the money. I just think Tom Petty was an ass for not coming down, if he was really up there in that hotel, but other than that everything was perfect.
    I was glad to meet other jammers and hope to be able to do this again. Now that I´m back in Ecuador I´m just getting ready to hit the latin american tour. Hope to make all of them!!!

Andrés

OH MY GOD!!!! DUDE!!! WHATS UP! REMEMBER ME? WHERES ANDREA!!!!! I WANTED TO FIND HER AFTER THE SHOW TO ASK HOW SHE ENJOYED HER FIRST SHOW EVER!!!!!! PLEASE TELL HER TO SIGN UP HERE AND GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!!!! IT WAS CRAZY MEETING U GUYS!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I was at this phenomenal show and let me tell you it held up to my expectations and then some a few times over!!! I had pretty good 7th row Sec A 10c tickets...a little on the side but still very close! During the acoustic opening set i couldn't see Stone sitting behind the monitor....but once the electric set began I could see all 5 of them really well.....they were all just jamming!!! Before the sun went down it looked like Matt and his drum kit were suspended in mid air with nothing but blue sky and streaky white clouds behind him. It looked as though if he fell backwards....that would have been the end of him! It was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Mike FUCKING McCready was on FIRE!!! Him and his fire red hair were jumping all over the stage. Stone was in his grooving badass self just into the music and Jeff...Jeff was pounding his bass...just a machine as usual!!! They played for so long and played so many songs I had never seen live....what a treat for me to hear "hard To Imagine," "Sad," "UNDONE" and "Crown of Thorns" in one show at the fucking Gorge??? Not to mention all the "Helloooo Tom. Come dowwwwn Tom!!" chants to Tom Petty, hearing Ed hack through "Won't Back Down," hearing PJ play Low Light was also very cool as was "Baba O'Riley".....great fucking show all the way around! I loved the Gorge referenced lyric changes in Given To Fly to "made it to the river, had a smoke on a cliff" and in MFC "there's a lot to be said for out here." The weather was just perfect, the daytime rafting was an awesome way to prepare for what was an outstanding concert by my favorite band! Thanks again to Pearl Jam for playing the Gorge. Thank you Ten Club for the hook up on the 7th row tickets. Thanks everyone who had a part in making it happen!

ME AND THE MASTER.......SAME FREAKIN HAIR!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    aNiMaL wrote:

Twice now and I still haven't met ya. Maybe at the next Seattle Show.

Did I mention that Porch ROCKED?!?!??!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Lizardjam wrote:

Seattle for sure!

Did I mention BLOOD fucking rocked@!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?! Holy jebsu that was cool.

Oh yeah, Starfucker, I didn't see you there, I had my football, but sadly there was more people than I have ever seen at the Gorge, so there was no room for that game of football you promised. There were people lining every square inch of space in that place all standing/jumping/rocking out at the same time. It was so cool looking back up at the crowd.
  • Options
    I was just courious, did that group bus ride to the show ever happen?

We ended up with a Yellow Hummer H3, so if we honked at you on the expressway or you saw us flying around the parking lot after the show, that was me and my friends :)
    My eyes have seen you
    Let them photograph your soul
    Memorize your alleys
    On an endless roll- J Morrison
  • Options
    Breathe wrote:
    I was just courious, did that group bus ride to the show ever happen?

We ended up with a Yellow Hummer H3, so if we honked at you on the expressway or you saw us flying around the parking lot after the show, that was me and my friends :)

I think we did see you!! At least, I think I did! I remember a yellow hummer...somewhere. I was on the bus. Though, it was scary on the way home!!!!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:

NOBODY MEETS aNiMaL........

AND HI. THAT PORCH? MY FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE VERSION THAT 2 MONTHS AGO I CALLED IT AND SAID THEY'D BUST OUT WITH THAT ONE!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    NOBODY MEETS aNiMaL........

AND HI. THAT PORCH? MY FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE VERSION THAT 2 MONTHS AGO I CALLED IT AND SAID THEY'D BUST OUT WITH THAT ONE!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

I don't recall that, but cool! I said before the show that I hoped they'd play it. Out of all the amazing songs they sang, that was my favorite!

• Options
    Christ, Okum! I cannot believe how great yor photos are!
    Thanks so much for sharing them with us!!
    :D
    ~*~*~*~*~Official Kiwi Jammer No 4 (Honorary)~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    I came from Phoenix, AZ to see the show. I flew in the night before and stayed at the Ramada by the airport. When I left the hotel in the morning there was a group of about 5 or 6 people, some with PJ shirts on. For some reason seeing them just started the day and the drive off right! The excitement of the day and seeing other people who had obviously traveled to see this great band we love, Pearl Jam...I was on my way!!!

The drive was a little longer than I expected and I was surprised to see the terrain change from the pine trees and mountains to sort of a desert terrain (not unlike some parts of Arizona). I stayed out at Moses Lake, I knew I wouldn't be up for a long drive after the show.

I arrived at the Gorge and walked...waiting to see this beautiful venue that I had seen pictures of on the internet. It's like it appears out of nowhere. I stopped first and bought my poster, t-shirt and hoodie. I grabbed (bought) a bottle of water and beer and headed toward the seats. I stopped to take a few pictures first...WOW...the view...the weather was beautiful, it was GREAT!

I found my seat (I had gone alone to the show) I was happy to see I was sitting on the aisle. I was 13th row on Stone's side. (The 3 other main PJ shows I have gone to have all been on Stone's sides also.) I was sitting next to a guy who was there from Connecticut by way of Chicago and a guy next to him from Colorado Springs. They were both nice and we guarded our posters, tied to a chair in a new PJ t-shirt.

The show started off acoustic which was great for me because I don't think I have seen PJ do an acoustic set live. "I Believe in Miracles" was a very pleasant and unexpected start to the show. I thought that with the things going on with the hurricane and other things in the world, it was a nice message/start to the show. The acoustic set sounded great! The sun setting behind the stage...the sky...so beautiful!!! They took a quick break, so I thought I could sneak off ot the bathroom and get a beer. They had stopped selling beer...by the time I was getting back in, PJ was back and playing "Save You". This song has special meaning to me...I rushed back to my seat.

The energy in the crowd was contagious! I was singing as many words as I could remember, jumping, dancing...taking it all in. I took some pictures, but didn't want to over do it and miss too much or take away from the show. At one point Ed came over to our side of the stage, I took 5 pictures, 3 were blurry and one was of the guy's arm in front of me...but 1 turned out pretty good!! :o)

It was great to hear songs that are not usually played live, "Hard to Imagine", "Undone"....I also loved hearing "Lowlight". Ed forgot some of the words...we taunted Tom Petty to come down, the energy was great, the guys were rocking....over 3 hours of just PJ! I loved it!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!! Can't wait for my next show...whenever that will be!!!!!!
    Link to my pictures!
    http://pics.livejournal.com/chrisp703/gallery/0000b89s

BTW, I love seeing everyone's pictures and the different view points and moments captured, thanks for sharing!!!!
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options
    Wow! Awesome pics! In the last pic with the set list... I don't remember Bee Girl being played??? Maybe I'm losing it.

It wasn't played - no worries! They had some songs on the Vancouver setlist they didnt play as well - it happens :)

By the way, I think we were sitting near one another based on what you said. I was Sec B Row 22 in the middle.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    I sat directly in front of these guys and they were so sweet. I am infinitely sorry that I am so tall (6'5"). I guess you can take comfort in the fact that Great Danes don't live as long either. All kidding aside, I am glad I had a chance to meet you and Kaddikat and share what was perhaps the best Pearl Jam show in history. The energy. The sound. The view. The people. All incredible and just outside the realm of superlative...

M
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    <---still amazed by the show :eek:

It was nice to see old friends again, most of them whom I haven't seen since Bridge School 2003...AllNiteThing, Kaddikat (thanks for the ticket Momma :D), PJammin', SENROCK! and then meeting some new friends like decides2dream and soundgrunger :) Thanks for making my night, and to top that OFF, seeing PJ at the Gorge...what a GORGEous ass venue (hehe)! Seeing the beautiful sunset during Lowlight was the highlight of the night. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.:)

I was 11th row, on Stone's side w/my friend, Kaddikat..OMG! it was SO fuckin' amazing, I still can't get over that. One thing after the other! Opening it up w/I Believe In Miracles acoustic (i swear, that song has followed us since 2003, it is mine and VEDHEAD27's theme song:)) Anyway, that acoustic set was GREAT! And to end it w/Hard To Imagine, I IMMEDIATELY fell to the ground! :eek: Eddie was SO feeling that song and I felt it along w/him, especially during the part, "things were different then, all is different now
    i tried to explain, somehow..." I felt like I wanted to cry during that part.

And how could we forget...CROWN OF fuckin' THORNS?! The song that hardly gets played, and they saved it for a special occasion?! HOT DAMN!! Everyone felt the magic right then and there. I was blessed to have heard this song live for the first time @ MSG and to get it a 2nd time, was too overwhelming!

I will do a song-by-song review later on, I am just exhausted still, having driven from Seattle to Vancouver and then from Vancouver and Seattle yesterday, and I flew from Seattle to Oakland and didn't get home til nearly 8pm. I am SO tired that I am about to pass out on a beautiful Sunday.

THANKS PJ!! Thanks to Momma Kaddikat!!

*HUGS*

PJ fans are the GREATEST!!:)
  • Options
    I never thought that I would ever hear a Mother Love Bone song played live in my life. Crown of Thorns was absolutely amazing and I will remember it forever...
  • Options
    Those pictures are amazing. I didn't recognise Mike with glasses on! At first I though it was Stone, then I was like "why does he have Mike's strat?"

It's been too long!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    Probably the best Pearl Jam show I have ever seen. I was front row, right in front of Mike. :-) I think I broke my feet at the show, but it was worth it. You can't imagine how beautiful the Gorge is til you really get there. The bus trip out to the Gorge was awesome as well. Thanks KaddiKat!!

Rose
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    Flew in from chicago..the view was incredable at the gorge the band sounded amazing and the acoustic set was cool as hell...Then I got FUCKING PISSED.

WTF's up with no beer being sold after dark?? Sorry, but I enjoy having some beers while I watch a band!! After the sun went down you could still buy a beer in the beer garden but you could NOT hear the band!!! Then it wasn't but a few minutes later and they shut the whole thing down. I ad a alcohol commision lady tell me that this band is "KNOWM" for there rough crowds. I just fucking laughed. I asked her if she thought if this was a "rough crowd". She actually said "yes. I think it is" I laughed again.
    I don't blame the band for this whats so ever but it's safe to say that this was Bull Shit!!!

And really..TC..thanks for the shit ass fucking seats. Wheelcahair on the side so far over you couldn't see shit. I could see more from a top of the grass for christ sake. Then the fucking seat police guy was just being a fucking prick. You couldn't stand 1 inch outside of the seat. He finally backed off. He said he should quit before I kick his ass. I said he was very wise.

So really if it wasn't for the band of course and the view, the gorge SUCKS!!
    I've never had any of these problems at Alpine, St. Louis, Indy, etc.

The show was outstanding other than that. I guess I'll just look forward to the midwest summer tour next year.
    Only real stars can rock an arena while sitting down with a notebook and a bottle of wine.
  • Options
    tbone1 wrote:
    Flew in from chicago..the view was incredable at the gorge the band sounded amazing and the acoustic set was cool as hell...Then I got FUCKING PISSED.

WTF's up with no beer being sold after dark?? Sorry, but I enjoy having some beers while I watch a band!! After the sun went down you could still buy a beer in the beer garden but you could NOT hear the band!!! Then it wasn't but a few minutes later and they shut the whole thing down. I ad a alcohol commision lady tell me that this band is "KNOWM" for there rough crowds. I just fucking laughed. I asked her if she thought if this was a "rough crowd". She actually said "yes. I think it is" I laughed again.
    I don't blame the band for this whats so ever but it's safe to say that this was Bull Shit!!!

And really..TC..thanks for the shit ass fucking seats. Wheelcahair on the side so far over you couldn't see shit. I could see more from a top of the grass for christ sake. Then the fucking seat police guy was just being a fucking prick. You couldn't stand 1 inch outside of the seat. He finally backed off. He said he should quit before I kick his ass. I said he was very wise.

So really if it wasn't for the band of course and the view, the gorge SUCKS!!
    I've never had any of these problems at Alpine, St. Louis, Indy, etc.

The show was outstanding other than that. I guess I'll just look forward to the midwest summer tour next year.

The Gorge def doesn't suck! I was so into the show the last thing on my mind was wasting time in a beer line.

Rose
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!!! DUDE!!! WHATS UP! REMEMBER ME? WHERES ANDREA!!!!! I WANTED TO FIND HER AFTER THE SHOW TO ASK HOW SHE ENJOYED HER FIRST SHOW EVER!!!!!! PLEASE TELL HER TO SIGN UP HERE AND GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!!!! IT WAS CRAZY MEETING U GUYS!!!
    Of course I do!!! She was speechless, she didn´t say a word until I asked her about the show. I will tell her to sign up. Did you see they are now coming to South America? Andrea is thinking of going to Argentina, I´m trying to get in touch with someone that will tell me how to hire the band to do a show here in Ecuador *fingers crossed*, and will try to go to at least one the shows down south...
    Take care
    Give your self to fly
  • Options
    Very, Very late here but I got back today!!!!!

OMG what a fucking awesome show!!!!!!! I have been to handfulls of PJ concerts, and the Gorge was by far up there with the best I have been too!

Don't want to repeat too much of what has already been said here but I wanted to say THANK YOU PEARL JAM! and the TEN CLUB for fucking awesome seats (Row 20 seats 17/18) Right in the center of the stage!!!!!!

Amazing, amazing concert.
  • Options
    Hello Hello...I have to say that The Gorge has the most beautiful view I have ever seen...my best friend and I went all the way up there from Miami, Florida and I would have to say...it was worth the sleep deprivation and cramped car rides...Pearl Jam was amazing as usual! As for the Beer situation...Did you see those hills? Makes sense that they would want to confine the drinking..I could barely walk up or down them sober...THANK YOU PEARL JAM FOR ANOTHER AWESOME SHOW!!!!
  • Options
    One thing I forgot to ask. At the concert when Ed said something like, "Don't know when we will be back and thanks for your support over all these years" It kind of sounded like they might be throwing in the towel. I remember him saying this twice. The first time the way he said it, I felt immediately strange. Did anyone else catch that? I don't think his first statement made it onto the boot.

I went home worrying about it, but maybe he just meant concerts at the Gorge. Maybe I just read too much into it.
  • Options
    Mortimer wrote:
    One thing I forgot to ask. At the concert when Ed said something like, "Don't know when we will be back and thanks for your support over all these years" It kind of sounded like they might be throwing in the towel. I remember him saying this twice. The first time the way he said it, I felt immediately strange. Did anyone else catch that? I don't think his first statement made it onto the boot.

I went home worrying about it, but maybe he just meant concerts at the Gorge. Maybe I just read too much into it.

i heard that too and had the same sentiment. i don't think he's talking about the band not playing ever again, but he sure made it sound like they weren't going to play the gorge again. did anyone else get that impression? i remember ed saying something like "if we never play here again, we'll be fine with that". it didn't sound like he was pissed or anything, more to the effect "we just played an amazing show and we want to go out with a bang". just speculating...

as for the show, absolutely amazing. i came up from santa barbara and met commy in seattle. we drove over found out we were in row 14 and from 1pm to 7pm we just kept saying "row 14". i can't say enough about how great the show was. i really hope this was not their last show at this amazing venue.
  • Options
    No, I don't think Ed was referencing "throwing in the towel", but rather the rareness in playing in such a cool venue. I believe he said "If we never play here again, we'll certainly never forget it". I think he spoke for all of us that nite. Ditto what everybody else has said...great show, awesome setlist, beautiful scenery...and the best PJ show I've seen in 10 years. And I thought the Missoula show on Monday nite was awesome...but together...it made for a great week. Thanks to 10C...and to PJ for doing things their way. The Gorge, Canada, Latin America...the good times are just beginning.

PS: Do I speak for everyone when I say that Pearl Jam needs to play a 3 night stint at the Gorge at the end of next year's US tour?!?!? Badass!!
    Las Cruces '95 -- ABQ '98 -- Dallas '00 -- Lubbock '00 -- ABQ '00 -- Missoula '03 -- Las Vegas '03 -- Phoenix '03 -- St Louis '04 -- Missoula '05 -- The Gorge '05 -- The Gorge '06 --
  • Options
    Mortimer wrote:

Yeah, but they've been saying these things for years. It's honest. Because you never really know what's going to happen. Seems like it started in the late 90's. I have heard it many times.

Please don't worry.
    ~*~*~*~*~Official Kiwi Jammer No 4 (Honorary)~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    mookie505 wrote:
    No, I don't think Ed was referencing "throwing in the towel", but rather the rareness in playing in such a cool venue. I believe he said "If we never play here again, we'll certainly never forget it". I think he spoke for all of us that nite. Ditto what everybody else has said...great show, awesome setlist, beautiful scenery...and the best PJ show I've seen in 10 years. And I thought the Missoula show on Monday nite was awesome...but together...it made for a great week. Thanks to 10C...and to PJ for doing things their way. The Gorge, Canada, Latin America...the good times are just beginning.

PS: Do I speak for everyone when I say that Pearl Jam needs to play a 3 night stint at the Gorge at the end of next year's US tour?!?!? Badass!!

That's exactly what he said, his tone made it sound worrysome to me.... Good points and yes it was an amazing evening that I will never forget, for sure!

A 3 night stint next year sounds like heaven to me.. Why should DMB get all the 3 night Gorge stints? BTW I saw DMB at the Gorge 2 1/2 weeks ago, that concert was lame in comparison to 9/1.
  • Options
    Probably the best Pearl Jam show I have ever seen. I was front row, right in front of Mike. :-) I think I broke my feet at the show, but it was worth it. You can't imagine how beautiful the Gorge is til you really get there. The bus trip out to the Gorge was awesome as well. Thanks KaddiKat!!

Rose

The view from the 2nd row wasn't so bad either. Mike is one crazy mo-fo to watch on stage!!!
    rock musik rockar röv.