~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• imalive wrote:
    Lately I'm a little apprehensive whenever I check this thread. Always afraid that there will be bad news about Gracie. :(

we're a little apprehensive each day.

here's the other dog healer. gracie chowed down on some fresh cooked rice this morning. we also discovered macaroni (from mac and cheese) makes a great pill pocket. we hope gracie doesn't catch on like she cathes on to everything else :roll: :mrgreen:

IMG_0292_zpscdc07cb3.jpg
    I am so sorry you are going through this, although I know you would probably do it all over again if given the chance. I have come in here frequently of late and every time I write a post I can't go through with posting it. We lost our Harley, the one-time escape artist, a couple of months ago. It was quick, he hadn't been really sick, but he did have some health issues. I just found him on his side in my son's room. I miss him every day. And when I watch pugs on the internet, I miss him even more. My 10 y.o. is heartbroken. They were best buds. Harley slept in his bed. So I get that kid/dog connection thing so well. Whenever my son was sick or crying, Harley was right there, trying to figure out how to fix it. We are searching for another pug. I am sure we will find one. I am so glad that you have Gracie and that she has you. :)
    So sorry for your loss :cry: Sending my best to you & your family. I'm sure another pooch will come along and steal your hearts all over again. RIP Harley
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • imalive wrote:

we're a little apprehensive each day.

here's the other dog healer. gracie chowed down on some fresh cooked rice this morning. we also discovered macaroni (from mac and cheese) makes a great pill pocket. we hope gracie doesn't catch on like she cathes on to everything else :roll: :mrgreen:

IMG_0292_zpscdc07cb3.jpg
    I am so sorry you are going through this, although I know you would probably do it all over again if given the chance. I have come in here frequently of late and every time I write a post I can't go through with posting it. We lost our Harley, the one-time escape artist, a couple of months ago. It was quick, he hadn't been really sick, but he did have some health issues. I just found him on his side in my son's room. I miss him every day. And when I watch pugs on the internet, I miss him even more. My 10 y.o. is heartbroken. They were best buds. Harley slept in his bed. So I get that kid/dog connection thing so well. Whenever my son was sick or crying, Harley was right there, trying to figure out how to fix it. We are searching for another pug. I am sure we will find one. I am so glad that you have Gracie and that she has you. :)
    So sorry for your loss :cry: Sending my best to you & your family. I'm sure another pooch will come along and steal your hearts all over again. RIP Harley

Thank you. :)

This article is for Gracie. We Don't Need To Tell You Golden Retrievers Are Amazing, But We Will Anyway
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/2 ... lp00000009
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

Thank you. :)

This article is for Gracie. We Don't Need To Tell You Golden Retrievers Are Amazing, But We Will Anyway
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/2 ... lp00000009

RIP Harley. I know from experience that it will get better in time.

the golden thing ^^^^^ is great. it sooooooo reminds us of gracie as a pup :mrgreen:

we went to the vet today....we are going to do no more doxyrubicin (chemo) and we declined prednisone, because we think it makes gracie uncomfortable. the vet told us to keep feeding gracie whatever she likes and we will let whatever happens, happen. gracie went to the park today and is feeling pretty good for now :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Rob, I'm glad Gracie had a nice day with you today.

Please, as always, give her a hug and a kiss on her beautiful snout just from me.

Love that Golden girl... :)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    IMG_4279_zps964de414.jpg

The Unlost Dogs enjoying the October sunset from the summit of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island, Maine.

Sailor the Lab is 12 1/2, Sweet Pea the Treeing Walker Coonhound is about 15, and Tessie the Who Knows What is 5.

Love my crew. Really do.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • IMG_4279_zps964de414.jpg

The Unlost Dogs enjoying the October sunset from the summit of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island, Maine.

Sailor the Lab is 12 1/2, Sweet Pea the Treeing Walker Coonhound is about 15, and Tessie the Who Knows What is 5.

Love my crew. Really do.
    Lovely photo! I had the pleasure of visiting Acadia this past summer and it instantly became one of my favorite places on earth. Star gazing atop Cadillac Mtn on a clear night was awe inspiring
    IMG_4279_zps964de414.jpg

Love my crew. Really do.

that is a good looking bunch! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Lots of love and belly rubs to Gracie and all the other hounds!

It's single life for me these days. Selling up the house I'm in and looking for a new one. Saddest bit is a may lose the capital city goofball if the Ex finds a house where she can have dogs :(

I'm looking to buy and she is looking to rent so fingers crossed she can't have pets!! :lol:

579_zps8fa8a489.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    IMG_4279_zps964de414.jpg

Love my crew. Really do.

:D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Austicman wrote:

579_zps8fa8a489.jpg

:mrgreen:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Rob I just heard the news about Gracie, I want to say I am deeply sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful fun soul who I know brought you so much joy. Damn cancer. Hugs from Monty and I.

They will not go quietly,
    the pets who've shared our lives.
    In subtle ways they let us know
    their spirit still survives.
    Old habits still can make us think
    we hear them at the door
    Or step back when we drop
    a tasty morsel on the floor.
    Our feet still go around the place
    the food dish used to be,
    And, sometimes, coming home at night,
    we miss them terribly.
    And although time may bring new friends
    and a new food dish to fill,
    That one place in our hearts
    belongs to them...
    and always will.

- Author unknown
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    :(
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    sorry Rob and Codie.....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • So sorry for our friend's loss. The world lost a beautiful, friendly and just plain cool dog today. You guys are in our thoughts. :-(
    Hold onto the thread, the currents will shift. ;)
    11/30/93-Las Vegas, 12/1/93-Las Vegas, 11/1/95-SLC, 11/2/95-SLC, 7/10/98-San Diego, 7/11/98-Las Vegas, 8/18/00-IND, 7/6/06-Las Vegas, 10/7/09-LA4 @ Gibson, 10/9/09-San Diego, 9/25/11-Vancouver, 10/31/12-Las Vegas I (Ed), 11/1/12-Las Vegas II (Ed), 7/19/13-Chicago, 12/6/13-Seattle
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    IN MEMORY OF:~~~~~~~~~~

~SURFER~....SEN's prince doggie

~Baskin & King Champ~SEN's doggies & Surfs parents.........
    ~Ginger~Rose's Doggie
    ~beautiful Jim~
    ~Penny~......Pacifiers Doggie
    ~Bailey~......KevinBeetle's Doggie
    ~Duffy~.......SweetRelief's Doggie
    ~Blitz~........DinghyDog's Doggie
    ~Butch~........NY PJ1's Doggie
    ~Max~..........Spat's Doggie
    ~Casey~........idratherbe's Doggie
    ~GOMER~........cateeto's Doggie
    ~OTIS~...........tremorvoid's Doggie
    ~UNO & Mason~........PJaddicted's Doggies
    ~Rocky~..........Glorified Irish Guy's Doggie
    ~Trapito~...........pearljamgirl07's doggie
    ~ENZO~.............Obi Once's doggie
    ~Caesar~.............blazedoutbee's doggie
    ~shelby~.............imalive's doggie
    ~Moose~............bubba's doggie
    ~Sam~...............alexxxers doggie
    ~Buster~.............Theovl316's doggie
    ~Trixxx~.........PJ_ROCKS' doggie :cry:
    ~Ace & Momo~............Whispering hands' doggies
    ~Hank~.............Stillhere's doggie
    ~Hammond~.........Kraven's doggie
    ~Cooper~...........imalive's doggie nephew :)
    ~Petey~...........PJaddicted's very beautiful and SO loved, boy :cry: We will miss seeing you in active and relaxxxing pictures BIG PETE~

~Cleo & Winston~ Whispering Hands family
    ~Chloe~.......D2D's doggie
    ~Nikki~.......OHtheRitual's doggie
    ~Sammi~......haffajappa's beautiful doggie
    ~Maddy~.......dcfaithful's family dog
    ~Brutus~.......shimmymommy's dog

once i figure out how to edit my first post in this thread, i will add miss gracie there :(

~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Life's simple pleasures are given without thought from our furry friends.

We are thinking of you all tonight.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i am so sorry for the loss of gracie. i lost my lab Nash back in april and i still struggle with missing him sometimes. i don't really know what to say other than i am thinking about you right now, and i know how you feel, because i have felt that way before.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Oh my, I can't describe my sadness. Sending all my best to you and the family Rob. Gracie had grown very close to all of hearts through this message board. Please let us know if there's anything at all that we can do for you in your time of grief. RIP Gracie
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    {{{BIG HUGS}}} to Rob and Codie... :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    photo IMG_1703_zpsa01939d3.jpg

photo IMG_3446_zpsbdb53456.jpg

thanks to everyone for your support....this sucks real bad....our sweet little girl didn't suffer and was a tough trooper until the end. we will miss Gracie terribly.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    imalive said:

photo IMG_1703_zpsa01939d3.jpg

photo IMG_3446_zpsbdb53456.jpg

thanks to everyone for your support....this sucks real bad....our sweet little girl didn't suffer and was a tough trooper until the end. we will miss Gracie terribly.

such a beautiful, sweet girl
    I rubbed the tummy of a 4 1/2 month old Golden at Home Depot today. Many, many emotions.....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    imalive said:

I rubbed the tummy of a 4 1/2 month old Golden at Home Depot today. Many, many emotions.....

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    imalive said:

I love that puppy photo. John and I send our love and best wishes and good thoughts. We are very sad, but happy you and Codie and Gracie had such good times together. What a special dog. I think all of us on this thread feel lucky to have known Gracie, even if we never got to rub her tummy in person.

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Enkidu said:

What a special dog. I think all of us on this thread feel lucky to have known Gracie, even if we never got to rub her tummy in person.

That's a great way to sum it up. Gracie was the sweetest dog I never met. =((

Rob and Codie, I am so sorry and so sad for you. I know this is a tough time for you. I hope it helps that so many people cared so much about Gracie. I'm sending good thoughts your way..

Note: Of all days for the message board to be updated! I couldn't log in on my computer at work. All day I just wanted to come here and say how sorry I am. :(
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    photo IMG_2230_zpsbe96ab58.jpg

I'm gonna try to remember gracie like this ^^^^^. hopefully, that's what it's like in doggie heaven.

losing our 13 YO shelby was terrible and I told myself at the time that she had had an awesome life (she had) and that there really wasn't anything to mourn...I never really convinced myself of that but I really hate that gracie didn't even get 6 years. I think she always loved the one she was with and loved wherever she was but, man, there are so many things she never saw...the ocean, a campfire. damn, it makes me sad.

it's tough not having the little treat monster at the door every time I come and/or go. so damn quiet around here....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i'm so sorry about gracie.

the pics are making me cry.
    did you see me? i saw you.
    Sweet, sweet Gracie. She brought such love and light, and I am so very, very glad I got to meet her in person in Montana.

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    How to know when your cat is fully charged
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893