vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

14567810»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    jrnyc wrote:
    i am now thinking back to that girl EV yelled at in Los Angeles, maybe it was a combination of her behavior and the list czars protecting the rail. Some of the blame that was directed 100% at her maybe should be directed at the people on the rail instead.
    I don't see how that's possible. No one has the right to try and displace people in the pit if they don't want to be displaced. We all have the right to stay in the space we're occupying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jrnyc wrote:
    i am now thinking back to that girl EV yelled at in Los Angeles, maybe it was a combination of her behavior and the list czars protecting the rail. Some of the blame that was directed 100% at her maybe should be directed at the people on the rail instead.
    I don't see how that's possible. No one has the right to try and displace people in the pit if they don't want to be displaced. We all have the right to stay in the space we're occupying.

Ill gotten gains, most of those list people in front got there with their bogus list and by cutting in front of people who should have been there.
  • They need to randomly allocate ticket numbers for ga and tell people if they are interested in lining up that they can arrive 1 hour before doors and line up in order of the tickets. This would get rid of the nonsense altogether
    168dcfb.jpg
    They need to randomly allocate ticket numbers for ga and tell people if they are interested in lining up that they can arrive 1 hour before doors and line up in order of the tickets. This would get rid of the nonsense altogether
    yeah, that would be sweet.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    They need to randomly allocate ticket numbers for ga and tell people if they are interested in lining up that they can arrive 1 hour before doors and line up in order of the tickets. This would get rid of the nonsense altogether
    Except for all the threads looking to swap for lower number tickets. :?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • They need to randomly allocate ticket numbers for ga and tell people if they are interested in lining up that they can arrive 1 hour before doors and line up in order of the tickets. This would get rid of the nonsense altogether

That defeats the purpose of GA and at that point we should just go back to seats. I think waiting all day for a good spot is fine! I did it in my hometown because that show is most important to me. It doesn't make you bad or lame or whatever. And if you want to do that EVERY show, go for it. I choose to sleep in, hang out all day, etc. But cheating the line is rude. GA works. It's the invented systems and cheating that is flawed. And it only holds up if people agree to it.

That defeats the purpose of GA and at that point we should just go back to seats. I think waiting all day for a good spot is fine! I did it in my hometown because that show is most important to me. It doesn't make you bad or lame or whatever. And if you want to do that EVERY show, go for it. I choose to sleep in, hang out all day, etc. But cheating the line is rude. GA works. It's the invented system that is flawed. And it only holds up if people agree to it.
    duska3419 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Except for all the threads looking to swap for lower number tickets. :?
    :lol: Whybwould anyone trade for a higher number??
  • I've been to shows all over the world for many different bands. If you want a spot up the front you get there early and lineup, if you want to go get a feed or go to the toilet that's fine someone watches your spot and lets you back in when you return. I've met some of my best friends while lining up for shows, I actually really like the experience of the lineup, you get to chat to people that you at least have 1 thing in common with. I also find it enhances the experience of the show as I then know most of the people around me.

I have only ever seen a couple of number systems that were in anyway worthwhile. For the entire 2009 Australian/NZ Pearl Jam tour the number system was in place. I only put myself on the list for one show and that was the Auckland show and that was because the lineup was in a nice little grassed area so we didn't really have a line we sat under the trees. My second favourite lineup ever. The rest of the time I just sat in my place in the line and if anyone tried to cut in front of me who hadn't been there longer than me I told them that there was noway they would be getting in front of me.

That defeats the purpose of GA and at that point we should just go back to seats. I think waiting all day for a good spot is fine! I did it in my hometown because that show is most important to me. It doesn't make you bad or lame or whatever. And if you want to do that EVERY show, go for it. I choose to sleep in, hang out all day, etc. But cheating the line is rude. GA works. It's the invented system that is flawed. And it only holds up if people agree to it.
    GA works, of course. But I don't understand how random draw entry order defeats the purpose of GA.... nothing would be different once everyone is in the building.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    They should use the Springsteen GA method. Everyone who arrives by a certain time gets a wristband with a number. People line up in order and a random number is chosen, making that person first for entry and the order goes from there. Very fair IMO
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • jervin007 wrote:
    They should use the Springsteen GA method. Everyone who arrives by a certain time gets a wristband with a number. People line up in order and a random number is chosen, making that person first for entry and the order goes from there. Very fair IMO

What is the problem you have with people lining up all day, this is how the majority of ga works for bands all around the world.
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol: Are you talking about a cranky little dark haired younger chick with a whiny look on her face the whole show? I think I was right in front of her - she asked me what that Of The Earth sign said and when I told her she just scowled. :lol: I kept noticing her sourpuss face because she was surrounded by joyous faces, so really stood out. :lol: Or maybe you mean the girl with long black hair. She really did try to push passed me and some guy (not Zod), and we weren't moving, but the guy next to me started to tell her to fuck off and stuff; he went off on her a little. It was a bit harsh. I just told her that i was staying where i was and then turned back around and forgot about her.There was just nowhere for her to go. All the space was full.... Strangely and sadly, I noticed that every person i saw trying to worm their way to the rail were female, and the stories of those at the other shows are too, and it seems like the list freaks are mostly women as well.... What's that about??? :think:

And I know you were at least somewhat close to me Genevieve, because i overheard you explaining to some people how to pronounce your name before the show started. :D I think you were behind and to the right, because i was directly in front of Eddie for the whole show.... it's been fun realizing who was around me after the fact... kind of makes me wish that 10c screenname tags weren't dorky. :lol:

There was a chick with a short haircut with lots of blonde streaks in it. She looked about 40 and was trying sooo damn hard to get up front. She was trying her hardest and kissing this South American guys hand and saying how he was the only nice one. It was ridiculous.
    Yeah it's fun to finally meet people. We were a bit to the right of you.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

GA works, of course. But I don't understand how random draw entry order defeats the purpose of GA.... nothing would be different once everyone is in the building.

It would be different because not everyone has the same chance to be up front. You have to rely on winning a draw. If I want to drag my ass out of bed early and wait all day to get front row I have a shot with GA. If we're going to randomly draw to get in the building let's just assign seats again!
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,132
    It's a shame if a small number of people abused the list system at some shows on the tour. I had GA for two shows on the tour. My experience is outlined below.

I had GA for Worcester 2 and Seattle on this tour. I didn't try for the rail in Worcester. I was 10 people from the rail in front of Jeff & had a great time. My friend (who lives in the Seattle area) and I decided to line up early to get close for Seattle. I was a bit concerned about "the list" because of the stories I had read here about people getting great list numbers then enjoying the city and coming back an hour before doors to their old spot in line. I can say that didn't happen in Seattle. There were line checks at specific times (which were announced to all who were there) so all would know when the next one was. If you missed 1 line check you no longer had a number & had to get a new (worse) one if you so chose to get a number again. Here is when the line checks were held: 6am, 9am, 11:30am, 2pm, 4pm, 5pm. As you can see, it would be impossible to go enjoy the tourist sites of Seattle & make it back for the next line check. People were looking out for each other. Donuts and (lots of) coffee were bought for sharing with other fans. I met awesome fans from (among other places) Brazil, Italy, Australia, Canada, Rhode Island, Denver, Ohio, and NYC. I caught up with friends from Chicago I had met on the 1st leg. When it was time to go inside the Key we were walked in. I had the rail between an Italian man and a Brazilian woman. This was my 58th PJ show and my first time on the rail. It was a memorable experience not only for the show (which I loved) but also for the people I shared it with. If GA can be run this way for future USA/Canada shows, then I think it can not only continue but flourish.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com