vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The people with the numbers on their hands seem to be acting like f'n children.

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.

I just don't understand the mentality of the "the rail" entitlement. It is so funny that the original tour email said "Because the entire GA section is fan club only, there is no need for early entry" and yet people line up before the sunrise instead to waste their vacation with a number on their hand. The part I don't understand is why you would go through all this effort when you can show up when the doors open or maybe even after they open and get like 3 people from the front. If you people didn't line up all dang day, and everyone just showed up when the doors open, you might still be able to get the rail. It's craziness thanks to like 100 people or whatever it is that makes up the front row.
    Bingo. I could never waste an entire day standing in line chit chatting with a couple other fans.

Go walk around the city....grab a bite at a local eatery.....have a blast at the pre-party.....OH Wait!..spme of these numbered hand people do in fact do these things, and then hop back in line just prior to gate opening!!!! :lol:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    eddiec wrote:
    I want to hear more about this crazy bitch who was shouting orders at the line like a Nazi. :corn:
    :lol: She was out of her mind. She was shrieking for an extended amount of time about everyone backing up and shit, screaming orders as though she had some kind of authority, and honestly, it wasn't even what she was asking us to do. It was how she was asking. It was like fucking nails on a chalkboard but worse. People were getting REALLY pissed off, and it went on for quite a while. People were becoming belligerent just because of her horrible voice and tone. I don't know where the fuck she got off yelling at everyone like. Like, SCREAMING. I have NO idea why she wasn't shouted down by the people at the front of the line... I guess they approved?!?? Some nice lady came running down the line in kind of a panic trying to ask people to move back nicely, but it was hard for her, because that crazy woman just kept on screaming and screaming, and people were just mad and I think connecting the screaming lady to the poor woman who was walking down the line trying to be nice. I told her that if that woman would shut the fuck up people would be more inclined to cooperate. I think she understood, but the screaming didn't stop. It was absolutely bizarre. :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    i would love the pit, and would probably show up pretty early for a spot in line...

but I do not want to put up with any of this shit and spend all day waiting only to get "cut" 3rd grad style by pushy, slimy assholes.... or get displaced by venue officials/security who don't understand, don't care, and/or are not prepared. This would force me to get pushy and stressed out, and I really don't feel like going down that road and its not in my nature.

Unless there is some sort of sanctioned, universal, and organized system in place (like the Boss), I will continue to put in for reserved.
  • Talk about lazy, what's next OpenTable type app where all you do is check in on your phone, don't even have to show up to the venue, that's why there's a reserved section.
    Or maybe a GA line valet service, pay someone to wait in line for you. Effing ridiculous!!
    Worcester 2...got into the city...bought my shit..then went bar hopping. Ended up at the Pre-party until right before showtime. Strolled thru GA entrance and ended up middle of the GA pit. Great location..plenty of space..no problems.

Give me a fun time with cool people over the rail and Band handouts any day.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    GA and rail is the best way to see this band...no wonder why people get crazy about it..this tambourine excuse is bullshit..i dont give a fuck about picks of harmonica,,...see Mike in front you of playing in the top shit ever..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    kc007 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    The people with the numbers on their hands seem to be acting like f'n children.

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.
    Gotta get those picks and tambourines. This place has gone fucking crazy
    :corn:

Its kind of entertaining !
    Have to reiterate, this is shit going on outside, but once everyone's in, all is forgotten and pure joy ensues. :D But it sure would be nice to be able to join the fucking line before the show and have a pleasant, fun time instead of having all that shouting and bullshit get on my nerves before entering the building. Being anywhere near such high strung and stressed out people isn't fun at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    GA and rail is the best way to see this band...no wonder why people get crazy about it..this tambourine excuse is bullshit..i dont give a fuck about picks of harmonica,,...see Mike in front you of playing in the top shit ever..

to play devil's advocate:

Assigned seating, when done the right way (not the blocks of tickets they did in '03...that sucked too) is perhaps even better. There's no stress. You get your tickets and then enjoy the day doing whatever you want. And if you have to take a piss during the show, guess what? Your seat is waiting for you when you're done.

I did 1 GA show this tour, out of 5, and had a blast. But waiting in line for hours before the show, and then standing for 2 hours once inside the building (and then for 3 hours during the show), was rough. I am glad I did it, but I wouldn't want to do it often.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Doesn't really matter who has the numbers. The band likes it. But seriously, when you see the excitement and joy in the pit and the higher level of energy it brings to the band, why would anyone want to get rid of it, even if they.... what? Can't stand for 3 or 4 hours I guess??

Just to be clear where I stand (haha, I know no one gives a shit, but I mean to explain my prior comments). I have no problem with GA in and of itself. What scares the shit out of me is that if this whole list thing pisses off enough or the wrong kind of people it is eventually going to get ugly and hearing some of this has me fearful of a freaking riot. That will impact everything.
    BinFrog wrote:

to play devil's advocate:

Assigned seating, when done the right way (not the blocks of tickets they did in '03...that sucked too) is perhaps even better. There's no stress. You get your tickets and then enjoy the day doing whatever you want. And if you have to take a piss during the show, guess what? Your seat is waiting for you when you're done.

I did 1 GA show this tour, out of 5, and had a blast. But waiting in line for hours before the show, and then standing for 2 hours once inside the building (and then for 3 hours during the show), was rough. I am glad I did it, but I wouldn't want to do it often.
    i know..i dont do the line ,i dont the list..i walk in last person of 10c GA entrance ..(we have early entrance here,the floor isnt only 10c tix)
    but i done the rail..its the best shit ever..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Im all for bringing back seating.... either way, Im fine. I dont need to have GA and my seats on the side are more than fine.
    Sure, my seats would be infinitely better without GA, but oh well.
    edited December 2013
    rival. wrote:
    bring back reserved seating. obviously pearl jam fans aren't mature enough to handle standing in line to earn their spot where they desire once in the venue.
    Who gives a shit what people are doing outside of the venue?? GA is for when you're IN the building! I find it hard to believe that people would want to get rid of awesome GA just because there are 50 people acting like dicks outside of the building hours before the show. :roll: This handful of idiots and what they do long before the show even starts have the power to ruin things for thousands of people and the band?? Wow, they are more powerful than I thought! The list has nothing to do with the actual state of the pit.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Don't get me wrong, this was great:

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    8.jpg

:mrgreen: :twisted: 8-):D
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    8.jpg

damn,that band is epic even to watch fuckin fotos!
    BinFrog wrote:

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    8.jpg

Ah, so that's what they look like live? :lol: I've never been close enough to see! :lol:
    ckravitz wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Doesn't really matter who has the numbers. The band likes it. But seriously, when you see the excitement and joy in the pit and the higher level of energy it brings to the band, why would anyone want to get rid of it, even if they.... what? Can't stand for 3 or 4 hours I guess??

Just to be clear where I stand (haha, I know no one gives a shit, but I mean to explain my prior comments). I have no problem with GA in and of itself. What scares the shit out of me is that if this whole list thing pisses off enough or the wrong kind of people it is eventually going to get ugly and hearing some of this has me fearful of a freaking riot. That will impact everything.
    Not like I've seen every line with a list, but what I have seen doesn't make me think that the situation is even remotely nearing anything like that. There are some people acting like dicks, and some people getting annoyed, but there isn't any actual violent rage or anything close to it. I don't think there is any risk here. It's just unfair and fucking irritating. :)
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    This is an absolute riot!! Someone please capture tomorrow night's "line and list" drama on video..

First of a multi-part documentary on the drama of the Pearl Jam message forums...Please tune in next week for the return of *awyer.. :o:o
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:
    This is an absolute riot!! Someone please capture tomorrow night's "line and list" drama on video..

First of a multi-part documentary on the drama of the Pearl Jam message forums...Please tune in next week for the return of *awyer.. :o:o
    :lol:
  • Wma31394 wrote:

Tomorrow line/list should be one hell of a finale. Can not wait for the stories. :o :corn:
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I just don't understand why these listers bother. It's like they have OCD or something. Everyone who shows up even half an hour before doors gets an amazing spot.

EXACTLY! If everyone who wanted to be close just showed up half an hour before the doors, they'd probably STILL get the rail or be very very close. The hand numbers are ruining it by having OCD. I walked into Phoenix's floor at 8:10 and ended up 10 people from the stage.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Wma31394 wrote:

Tomorrow line/list should be one hell of a finale. Can not wait for the stories. :o :corn:
    I wonder if the line started already...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Wma31394 wrote:

the problem is people will comment 5 pages about the show and 30 about the ga line..

opener

1 OF THE EARTH.... :o :shock: :corn:
    I wonder if the line started already...
    THE LINE? NO..

THE LIST ..?? YES!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Not like I've seen every line with a list, but what I have seen doesn't make me think that the situation is even remotely nearing anything like that. There are some people acting like dicks, and some people getting annoyed, but there isn't any actual violent rage or anything close to it. I don't think there is any risk here. It's just unfair and fucking irritating. :)

I've seen the line when picking up Ten Club tix but never long enough to draw any conclusions so all my "experience" is based on the stories here. That's actually good to hear that more is being made of it than what really is going on.

Still, I'm very glad I wasn't in that line with that chic shrieking because it would have been hard not to yell back at her and probably get my butt kicked (knowing my luck) by her pro boxer boyfriend. :lol:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    curly wrote:
    my friend and I got #17 and 18 at 9am in OK city...
    we came back at 515pm and kinda non chelont made our way past the 100+ people to the front of the line...
    it was pure luck and I got the rail between ed and stone... was my 14th show since 95' and I'm pretty sure it will be my one and only time ever being that close...

I'm so thankful of the Number system but did hear a lot of people noting they knew nothing about it...
    and quite frankly,... I was amazed they even let us up to the front before the doors opened...
    granite we were being extremely friendly,...but if people would have said "no way, back of the line"...
    I would have gone to the back and not been upset at all...
    the internet has so much good to offer, but just as much bad as well and evil as well...
    so for people not "in the know" or don't live "on line" I give them much respect....
    and the end of the day,... I think I have to agree with the first come first serve policy...
    specially when tix are sold....someday I hope it goes back to half the tickets are printed up and sold at the venue in a first come first serve on a particular Saturday morning......that would be a dream though...

I read other's and keep an open mind on this....as I can totally see both sides also...

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever fucking read.
    :lol: I thought it was a joke! :lol: ..... But there is a good point there.... why are people such fucking sheep? I don't get why the majority are letting the minority rule. The people farther back in the line (like after the first 120 or so) really can't do anything about it, and have no reason to anyway since they aren't tight wads about the rail, or else they'd show up earlier. But wtf are all those people from 20 - 120 doing letting people leave for hours and then get back in line? ... Those list people should be really happy that I won't wait all day, because if I was up there I'd probably throw a shit fit. :lol:
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol: I thought it was a joke! :lol: ..... But there is a good point there.... :

OK but will you give a review of the show? Or did you already do it somewhere? 8-)
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • 20 shows later...
    20 lines and lists...
    People have complained about these assholes.......

Yet NOBODY here has truly called anyone out on this.
    Why the fuck not?
    I am sure SOMEBODY here knows EXACTLY who these assholes are who are running these BULLSHIT lists.

Yet nobody calls these fuckers out?

I don't get it.

What makes these fucking pieces of shit so special?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Im getting fucking angry just reading this crap.

Guess I should go stand in the GA line.
  • The list is a total joke. In San Diego some gal with black hair and a voice that could peel paint was running it. I was about 90-120 deep and nobody around me had a number. When she came back to "line up" everyone, the group in front of me said they didn't have number, didn't know about the number and that was the end of it. It still pissed a bunch of people off to see a large group stroll up in line just because they got a "number". I find it humorous that the "number system" is an indication of the people who seem to move in the opposite direction of the band they hold so near and dear to their hearts.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    2014... i am urinating on "the list"