Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Spoken wrote:
    Did anyone get a new cover / sleeve sent to them?

I did...mine was banged up really bad. Seam splits and crushed corners galore. I sent detailed pics of the damage and I ended up getting the record and the cover/sleeve shipped together.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Safer to buy from a record store i say :roll: :)
  • Options
    JWPearl wrote:
    It was the 10c "exclusive digital content" that suckered me, plus possible colour variations....so it was a risky bet .
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    Today marked the first day I did not look for the vinyl when picking up the mail. Amazingly, five minutes later, someone knocked on the door to deliver the replacement for the faulty copy I bought in the local store.

Two copies at home, but still nothing from 10C...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    On Nov 8th, I emailed 10C about not getting LB vinyl at all since I got confirmation email on Oct 11or so. Got an automatic reply on the same day. But still, no vinyl, and no email about anything from them. Writing to UMG right now.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    On Nov 8th, I emailed 10C about not getting LB vinyl at all since I got confirmation email on Oct 11or so. Got an automatic reply on the same day. But still, no vinyl, and no email about anything from them. Writing to UMG right now.
    I bought mine around the release date and it arrived last week...so yours should be arriving anytime soon!
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    JWPearl wrote:

it shouldn't be but in this case i agree with you im still waiting :fp:
  • Options

Can you pm me their contact info? I'm still waiting for mine too and I got the same automatic replies from 10c that you got.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    My replacement arrived today. Record look okay havent played it yet.
    The seam inside the cover has a crack in...
    And the cover looked the same as the original on difference was
    the record was in a white sleeve, everything else the same..

I think I will just keep it, don't think I can be bothered emailing them again...
  • Options
    Finally got it, with replacement vinyl included. Both red vinyl, and both looking great!
    Terrible bonus digital content for fan club members? That's a paddlin'
  • Options
    Just got home to Australia, thought I would have it waiting but no, the waiting goes on….
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    GlenGlen Posts: 111
    My order arrived in Australia today it contained one red vinyl in sleeve (yes with some problems) and another red vinyl supplied separately and unsolicited. Thank you Ten Club for the proactive measure guess you got to some of these before they got shipped.
    Im not supersticious, Im just a littlesticious.
  • Options
    Dan0zDan0z Posts: 10
    Mine also arrived to Melbourne Australia today, red vinyl replacement included with red vinyl album. Definitely a big difference in the quality of the vinyls. The original has lots of ripples and pot holes in the vinyl and played OK but I did notice some pops here and there (no skipping though). The replacement is perfect and sounded miles better than the original copy.

The cover was fine, a slight bend on the right bottom corner and some sort of white dusty mark that won't rub off on the inner gatefold. No splitting like others had described.

It makes me wonder, did it take so long to arrive because our albums got rerouted back to the manufacturer to add the replacement vinyl before shipping to Australia?? anyways after a lot of frustrating waiting, I finally got it and I am super stoked.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    another long week,... no vinyl,...
    oh where oh where can my baby be,..? :fp:
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 393
    Glen wrote:
    My order arrived in Australia today it contained one red vinyl in sleeve (yes with some problems) and another red vinyl supplied separately and unsolicited. Thank you Ten Club for the proactive measure guess you got to some of these before they got shipped.

Got the same here in Norway today to.. Two reds.. Was awfully surprised when I saw the extra record thrown in there and thought I was the luckiest MF out there, but I guess there are more than a few of us :shock: :D Go 10C!

Stian
  • Options
    loix71loix71 Posts: 283
    dayday wrote:
    happy to report that ups delivered a complete replacement today! i was expecting only a new jacket and sleeve, but the vinyl was included as well. now i have the original damaged copy, the replacement vinyl in the plain black sleeve, and a new complete copy. this one is spinning now and sounds perfect. it was shipped in a higher quality mailer, so there is no damage to the jacket. they also took care to remove the vinyl from the sleeve before shipping.
    very happy with UMG and the tenclub for their handling of this situation. hope everyone else ends up as satisfied as i am!

+1
    thank you 10 C.
    :D
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
  • Options
    kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    Anybody else in Canada still waiting for their original shipment??
  • Options
    kingmatt wrote:
    Anybody else in Canada still waiting for their original shipment??

Yes

Got a reply to my latest email: They say they have re-sent the order on Nov 14, 2013 and that it may take an additional 4-8 weeks to arrive. :roll:

I guess I'm not alone at least ;)
  • Options
    MrmaceMrmace Posts: 15
    Just received my Canadian original shipment earlier this week..............album seems to be fine was hoping for red vinyl oh well lol.....
  • Options
    Just received my vinyl (from the original order) here in Brazil last week. It plays well... until the last track, Future Days. It “jumps” a few times and then it gets stuck, repeating and repeating the same two seconds. It’s like it’s scratched, though I can’t see any scratches on the surface. It was so frustrating, after all this delay, to hear this problem exactly on the last song...

Anyone received a copy with this same problem?

I already sent an e-mail to the address that 10 Club recommended, but got no answer yet.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    Got my album in last week. Has some noticeable scratches and some popping sounds. Now to get a replacement, hope it doesn't take too long to get a good copy...and let's make it red :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ok..im a bit confused..you guys waititng from 10th-15 th october this was shipped and u got it at usa last weeek,with a replecement vinyl in the package??same european folks?that means they shippent returned back and recent it with an extra vinyl??
    nothing arrive here yet..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    :D:D:D IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Arrived home tonight to a hefty package from Seattle - the actual album, a spare vinyl in plain black sleeve, and an extra inner sleeve all shrinkwrapped.
    Guess my order that was 'shipped' on Oct 10th got pulled back...

Outer cover has tiny blemish on one corner, nothing I would ever complain about seeing as it has travelled 1000s of miles, bought other albums brand new locally in worse condition!!!
    Inner sleeves, lyric book, sticker sheet & both records look immaculate!!

The turntable is warming up now, might have time for a side before I have to go out again.....!!!
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    ok..im a bit confused..you guys waititng from 10th-15 th october this was shipped and u got it at usa last weeek,with a replecement vinyl in the package??same european folks?that means they shippent returned back and recent it with an extra vinyl??
    I think they weren't sent at all. The shipping notification was sent before they even got the records in, like when they printed the labels or soemthing in preparation. So, once they knew there was a problem they must've held some of them back until they got replacements and then just added them to the package and sent at a later date. That's my theory anyway.

Now, why so many of us got double reds is a mystery to me!
  • Options
    Glen wrote:

Got the same here in Norway today to.. Two reds.. Was awfully surprised when I saw the extra record thrown in there and thought I was the luckiest MF out there, but I guess there are more than a few of us :shock: :D Go 10C!

Stian

Du kan skicka en till Pål som tack för den signerade Soundgarden vinylen! ;)

Eller till mig! ;)

/Finn
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Finally arrived, with replacement vinyl, inner sleeve. Opened the original and all looks good, including stickers, have yet to spin it. Original vinyl looks a bit rippled to the centre. The packaged looked licked it had been opened and re sealed. Sadly no red wax, hey ho.
  • Options
    Mine arrived today - west london. Scored a red LB with red replacement. Cheers TC, it was worth the wait.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Seems like a lot of reds have been sent to Europe. Crazy that some people got two!

Makes me think the red ones won't be so rare after all.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Just to be clear, the first copy is damaged. I am just happy that the replacement was added to the shipment. It takes a long time for stuff to arrive over here. So if a replacement was needed to be ordered after the first one arrived, then I may not get to play it until january.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bazzer wrote:
    I think they weren't sent at all. The shipping notification was sent before they even got the records in, like when they printed the labels or soemthing in preparation. So, once they knew there was a problem they must've held some of them back until they got replacements and then just added them to the package and sent at a later date. That's my theory anyway.

Now, why so many of us got double reds is a mystery to me!
    OH OK,.THANKS!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”