Options

*** Los Angeles 2 Fanviews Here 11/24/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    JohnDalton wrote:
    Parking for me for both nights was FREE and EASY.

Arrived at 5pm and parked right on MLK Blvd, about two blocks from the venue.

A tip for next time!

I avoided street parking for the simple fact that the area is one of the worst in LA.

Interesting side note...While walking to the Subway across the street I heard a group of men talking about how they used to "stick up" places "back in the day". Comforting conversation as I walked past with a wallet full of cash and expensive tickets :shock: :D
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    JohnD.JohnD. Posts: 63
    I avoided street parking for the simple fact that the area is one of the worst in LA.

The place we found parking was well lit and very close to the venue. But then, I'm a pretty big guy and no one tends to fuck with me. It was a breeze leaving- and I didn't have to pay a red cent.

I keep forgetting in my posts to thank the 10 Club. I was in the pit and about 15 feet away from the band. Just incredible.
  • Options
    jck747 wrote:
    JohnDalton wrote:
    I saw SD and LA1 and LA2 was the best show of the three in my estimation. To me the set list flowed quite nicely, and the crowd was totally vibing with the band all night. I was 10 deep in the pit, and it was just cool looking over to see Judd Apatow totally into it and dancing and Craig Ferguson groving. The show was epic and special.

All this said, I'm a bit worried about Ed. In LA1, when he was throwing that girl out, he had a look in his eyes that I've seen before. And I've only ever seen it in people who were struggling with a problem I won't be specific about here because I want to be respectful. And last night, his erratic, emotional behavior did nothing to assuage my concerns. The endless bottles of wine are one thing, but I think something else may be going on.

I hope after Seattle in December Eddie settles down and takes some stock.

Very interesting post. The forum seems split 50/50 between being seriously concerned and not being concerned at all. I think with all the issues people have mentioned, the show would have rated far below what people have rated it. It like they're saying there were so many issues with instruments, setlist changes, vibe etc. but the show didn't suffer at all from it. Really weird.

The band played their asses off, Ed was amazing, the croud was really in it so the minor speedbumps were hardly noticed. Maybe there was an angry meeting after the show amongst band and crew, I dunno. Aside the blatant guitar-drop, the show cam across as a kick-ass show to me in the stands.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    That guy getting taken out definitely affected the mood. Ev was concerned, Matt was concerned.

Ev was definitely in an aggressive/pissy mood soon after. Some people like this ("like an old pj show!") others don't ("feels uncomfortable"). But it was definitely a thing, maybe only noticeable from close. No, it's not a huge deal, but it was easy to see how it affected everyone on stage. It may have affected you as a listener, wherever you were standing/sitting.

Which emphasizes the subjectivity -- in an arena show, it's a different experience depending on who you're near, how the sound is where you are, how well you can see, etc etc.

I was disappointed by so many repeats -- but that's me. If I hadn't been to night 1/didn't look at the night 1 set list, then the setlist would've felt completely different.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    RH256879 wrote:
    That guy getting taken out definitely affected the mood. Ev was concerned, Matt was concerned.

Ev was definitely in an aggressive/pissy mood soon after. Some people like this ("like an old pj show!") others don't ("feels uncomfortable"). But it was definitely a thing, maybe only noticeable from close. No, it's not a huge deal, but it was easy to see how it affected everyone on stage. It may have affected you as a listener, wherever you were standing/sitting.

Which emphasizes the subjectivity -- in an arena show, it's a different experience depending on who you're near, how the sound is where you are, how well you can see, etc etc.

I was disappointed by so many repeats -- but that's me. If I hadn't been to night 1/didn't look at the night 1 set list, then the setlist would've felt completely different.

I enjoy angry Ed. That said, I made a comment to my fiance in SD that the band looked happier than I had ever seen them. LA brought out some attitude in Eddie.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    JohnD.JohnD. Posts: 63
    jck747 wrote:
    JohnDalton wrote:
    I saw SD and LA1 and LA2 was the best show of the three in my estimation. To me the set list flowed quite nicely, and the crowd was totally vibing with the band all night. I was 10 deep in the pit, and it was just cool looking over to see Judd Apatow totally into it and dancing and Craig Ferguson groving. The show was epic and special.

All this said, I'm a bit worried about Ed. In LA1, when he was throwing that girl out, he had a look in his eyes that I've seen before. And I've only ever seen it in people who were struggling with a problem I won't be specific about here because I want to be respectful. And last night, his erratic, emotional behavior did nothing to assuage my concerns. The endless bottles of wine are one thing, but I think something else may be going on.

Very interesting post. The forum seems split 50/50 between being seriously concerned and not being concerned at all. I think with all the issues people have mentioned, the show would have rated far below what people have rated it. It like they're saying there were so many issues with instruments, setlist changes, vibe etc. but the show didn't suffer at all from it. Really weird.

The band played their asses off, Ed was amazing, the croud was really in it so the minor speedbumps were hardly noticed. Maybe there was an angry meeting after the show amongst band and crew, I dunno. Aside the blatant guitar-drop, the show cam across as a kick-ass show to me in the stands.

It was a fucking fantastic show. But like I said, being so close up I could see Ed was having some issues. He stormed off stage for about 10 minutes! I think he went and calmed himself down, and kind of excused his behavior by saying he was worried about the guy who was carried off.

I would just say that between LA1 and LA2, I am concerned about Ed. It is behavior that makes sense to me in one context. I hope I'm wrong.

BTW has anyone mentioned the Spinal Tap-esque type moment where Eddie was unable to free himself from the arm strap of the big swinging ball to finish off Porch? That was hysterical.
  • Options
    This was an amazing week for me.
    AZ, GA, 11 heads back - dead center
    LA1, GA, 3 heads back - dead center, 4 heads to the left of the infamous “girl”
    LA2, GA, 11 heads back – Mike’s side

I’m by no means a vet (15 shows since 2000), but I feel it’s all about what you give back to EV. When you are on or near the rail it is your job to feed him your energy and keep him rockin’. I’m 42, so EV has to be at least 45, he is no spring chicken and requires our help. As far as energy goes, LA2 was defiantly the weaker of the 3, but still a effing spectacular show and I am so grateful that I was able to be there.

Did EV's guitar tech not show his face again after Sirens?

Thank you 10C for the GA tix.
    Thank you PJ for bringing it every single time you tee it up! GOAT!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,407
    stickfig13 wrote:

This is overblown. There is less than one violent crime per day in that neighborhood on average and, per capita, it has less than half the number of violent crimes of the most dangerous neighborhood in L.A. (Chesterfield Square). It's comparable to Hollywood in violent crimes per capita. And it's even less of an issue when there are 17,000 people in the area with additional police presence for a rock show.

Until the Expo Line opened two years ago, I parked on the street for USC football games at the Coliseum for years-- and the neighborhood used to be worse, just as crime across the city in general used to be worse-- and I never had an issue.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    So I assume Yellow Ledbetter was cut because of time restraints? I am pretty sure it was around 11:30 or so when RITFW hit, I would have loved to hear YL as it is one of my favorite songs but they ended with a bang nonetheless.

I am still having a post-PJ buzz, the LA gigs were both stellar. Interesting how both involve a pissed off Eddie, LA1 with that incident with the fan during Corduroy and LA2 with the techs (well from what we are guessing it is the techs mostly). Eddie was noticeably less talkative during LA2 but both shows featured awesome kickass performances all around.

The sound was muddy both shows but I noticed a better balance. When I was on Stone's side in GA I could barely even hear Mike's guitar so when he was soloing I didn't hear anything except the occasional high pitched note very faintly. In the lodge sections farther back still on Stone's side I could actually hear everyone's parts although it was still fairly muddy. It is probably just the natural tendencies of the venue
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    kmac1976 wrote:
    So Cal Trifecta complete! I'll keep this short because I don't have the brain power to write a long review of my own personal PJ weekend. Crazy, one song away(Deep) from hearing the full TEN album.

San Diego and LA1 are neck and neck IMO, totally different shows/vibes, but both great. Being from the area, I was happy to see that LA can still rock with the best of them, because you never know with LA. I heard just about everything I was hoping for, minus Hard to Imagine, Of The Earth, Crown of Thorns....not complaining though...can't wait for the boots.

Met some cool people from all over the country/world....namely Dave from SD, Vascu(sp) from New Orleans, Christian and Jerry from SoCal, Steve from Chicago, met a guy from Oslo, Norway, Christina from VA. Thanks to all for making it a special weekend.

For those who have tickets to upcoming shows, the band is on fire with these setlists, enjoy!!

-PJ KEVIN

PS....LA Sports Arena...you've been hosting events for 50+years, and you still haven't figured out how to properly streamline cars out of the parking lot? Absurd that they have one exit for the parking lot. :oops: :fp:

Hey Kevin! What a weekend...what a show! It was great to meet you and the other guys you mentioned and next time they are in SoCal...we'll have to do it all over again!

OCEANS...NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!...LOW LIGHT...Amongst The Waves...MY FATHER'S SON!!!...and caught a used pick from Mike at the end from a perfect 20 foot flick of his wrist!

Take care man!

Dave
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    JohnDalton wrote:

He keeps talking about how 2013 has been a horrible year, so I hope Ed has a better 2014...BUT...in my eyes, he and the band are on fire...and the new LB tracks are complementing their immensely great discography very nicely to make this tour the best of all time for me.
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Great show, I like this setlist better than night 1 but both were outstanding. Crowd was amazing both nights 8-)

On a side note if you got to view a show on the rail this tour can you please PM I have a couple of questions about it.

Adam
  • Options
    What a GREAT long weekend! I thought Thursday's SD show wouldn't be beat...but then came LA2 (LA1 was great too of course). Thank you Mr. Mike McCready for perfectly flipping me your used guitar pick...landing into my outstretched and open hand from about 20 feet away...my hand instinctively clutched it and my night was cemented as an all-time classic. 3 outstanding shows in 4 days...finally experiencing Oceans...and NO WAY...and then a used pick? Amazing.

I'm not a religious person, but last night was as close as I may ever get to heaven (besides enjoying my family of course!)! This pick sailed like an act of god into my hand without me even moving an inch...I was stunned. After the show I happily gave it to my buddy Bryan (first time on the floor for him) and we both left knowing we saw the greatest concert in our lifetimes.

Thank you Pearl Jam. Thank you fellow PJ fans and new friends. HAVE FUN IN OAKLAND!!!

*** My SoCal Summary ***

SD: First time in pit, stone's side, amazing setlist, my favorite show out of my 12 and I didn't think it could be topped in LA.

LA1: TM tickets, upper right corner, greatest hits setlist...angry eddie debut (followed by angry eddie #2 a night later), but an amazing show with fantastic energy.

LA2: 2nd time in pit, mike's side, NO WAY!!! was the highlight of an unbelievable setlist...I think this was the best of the 3 shows, but then again, everyone has different experiences. All I know is PJ is at the top of their game and I just had the most amazing 3 day musical experience of my lifetime.

THANK YOU PEARL JAM, TEN CLUB, NEW FRIENDS (Kevin, Christian, Jerry, Jason...that SD shirt is sweet! & everyone I danced with near the side rail by Mike last night! It was a night to remember!!!
  • Options
    Dissident81Dissident81 Chicago Suburbs Posts: 43
    mcrok wrote:
    BigAngry wrote:
    Fan Club 198XXX, got 10c reserved seating tix on Stone's side, Loge 29, row 5. Great view of the stage, though I'd rather have been on Mike's side than Stone's, given how nuts Mike always gets during shows. But I digress...

After reading the setlist for LA 1, I was worried that tonight's show was going to be the lesser of the two, but this one was fantastic. I brought a friend of mine, a huge Social D fan, frequent concertgoer, and who had never seen PJ live before, and she said that it clocked in as one of her top 5 concerts of all-time. This was my 5th time seeing 'em live since 1998, and this was definitely top two with LA 1 in '06.

I'm SO stoked that I got to cross No Way off my bucket list. One of my favorite PJ songs from Yield. Stone's guitar with the special FX on infallible was deliciously heavy. Was disappointed that the bass overpowered EVERYTHING in the mix on My Father's Son... I mean, I know it's a Jeff-centric song, but I couldn't hear the guitars over him.

Yup, I think this is why "My Father's Son" is not a regular rotation...just too bass heavy for these venues. Too bad bc it is such a badass song.

Um... no. They have a SOUNDBOARD and professional A/V engineers. Any amateur could fix that. They obviously need to take the time to do so.
  • Options
    kmac1976 wrote:
    So Cal Trifecta complete! I'll keep this short because I don't have the brain power to write a long review of my own personal PJ weekend. Crazy, one song away(Deep) from hearing the full TEN album.

San Diego and LA1 are neck and neck IMO, totally different shows/vibes, but both great. Being from the area, I was happy to see that LA can still rock with the best of them, because you never know with LA. I heard just about everything I was hoping for, minus Hard to Imagine, Of The Earth, Crown of Thorns....not complaining though...can't wait for the boots.

Met some cool people from all over the country/world....namely Dave from SD, Vascu(sp) from New Orleans, Christian and Jerry from SoCal, Steve from Chicago, met a guy from Oslo, Norway, Christina from VA. Thanks to all for making it a special weekend.

For those who have tickets to upcoming shows, the band is on fire with these setlists, enjoy!!

-PJ KEVIN

PS....LA Sports Arena...you've been hosting events for 50+years, and you still haven't figured out how to properly streamline cars out of the parking lot? Absurd that they have one exit for the parking lot. :oops: :fp:

Hey Kevin! What a weekend...what a show! It was great to meet you and the other guys you mentioned and next time they are in SoCal...we'll have to do it all over again!

OCEANS...NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!...LOW LIGHT...Amongst The Waves...MY FATHER'S SON!!!...and caught a used pick from Mike at the end from a perfect 20 foot flick of his wrist!

Take care man!

Dave

Glad you guys had a rocking time last night! Would love to keep in touch with you guys... PM me!

-PJ Christian
    120XXX
  • Options
    I was at both, LA1 with ticketmaster in Loge 20. Had 10C tix Sunday- got Floor C, 6 rows back. Although they weren't great, I was looking forward to the energy in the fan club seats, which, in my mind, is a big part of the show and would make up for the less than stellar view. Wrong. At least where we were, the crowd around us seemed asleep. Sitting, texting, standing still. I get that not everyone goes nuts for 3 hours, but it was kind of a bummer. Crowd around us in loge 20 Saturday night was more into the show.. Each show had it's own vibe, for sure, and each had special moments. These were my 8th and 9th shows. Night 1 seemed more like a PJ show to me.
  • Options
    clk019clk019 Posts: 84
    LA1 and LA2 were my first shows in more than three years. Man oh man I forgot what the days after are like. Thankfully I'm a web developer so I can stare at the computer with headphones on re-living moments from this band we all love.

There are a lot of little things that stick out from LA 1 and LA2 -- moments of interaction on stage that makes you smile, puzzled, overjoyed. But for me No Way was the show, was perhaps the highlight of the evening.

Each of us has a song for certain moments in their lives. For me, during one of those times when things just weren't right, no path in sight, it was No Way. To be able to hear that live standing next to the love of my life and thinking back to the dregs that I managed to make of 1998-1999... well hope and faith is a powerful thing and that song and much of Yield gave me some of that.

Gentlemen... thank you.

I, I never wanted
    To write these words down for you
    With the pages of phrases
    Of things we'll never do

07/26/98, 10/8/00, 06/21/03, 9/9/05, 05/16/06, 05/17/06 – (WOW), 5/19/06 – (DOUBLE WOW), 05/20/06, 08/05/07, 06/17/08, 05/07/10, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/20/14 – (THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVER), 11/14/16 – (Temple of the Dog), 05/09/22. Coming Soon: 08/29/24 and 08/31/24.

• Options
    did anyone get pictures of night 2 in LA when Ed came out to the crowd during alive? I would love to see them.
  • Options
    Holy Shit! AWESOME SETLIST!!!

Oceans!??!!??!?!!?
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Great night. SD was the best, but I love talky/home town Ed. LA1 great fun sitting in the floor seats with some great 10C folks - fun sharing stories and enjoying the show despite being hard to see. Last night really happy with my 10C seats - sec 17 row 6 so Mike's side - great views. I did seem to be in the traffic lane though - couple of groups of guys that had to do beer runs every time a slower or LB song started. But viewlines great - esp of Matt and Mike! Mike definitely showing off - for Gene Simmons? Similar to his crazy playing for his dad in SD.

Got my Love Reign O'Me - Mother was amazing. LOVED the set this show opened with.
    I didn't think Ed was so off as folks here are saying - we did get 3 hours! He did mention 2013 as a bad year at all 3 shows. Not sure what's up but he's mentioned losing people and appreciating life more - lost my father earlier this year and my mom's in hospice so I think I might have a sense of what he's going through- emotional times for sure ( I cried when I first heard Sirens - "death over our shoulder" - wow). And yet he's out there giving us all these incredible shows!

Thanks 10C and PJ. Wish I was heading north. Darn Thanksgiving!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    chalon wrote:
    JohnDalton wrote:
    Anyone who is saying that Ed wasn't having some major problems last night likely just didn't have the same vantage point I had. Yes, there were times when he was having fun, but there was also times where he was supremely pissed off and angry, gesturing angrily and running off stage. This was my 17th show and I've never seen him do anything like that.

He was erratic last night.

I don't know. I was right behind the stage and had a good view the whole time. He only really seemed "angry" for the Sirens thing. The rest of the time it really just more seemed like he was making sure everyone else knew what song they were playing next and/or when they were done with the set.
    I was on the rail. Only visible anger from Ed was during sirens when his acoustic guitar was severely out of tune. The rest of the show there was frustration and it didn't seem like the band got into a groove. Not sure why, but I'm sure it being second night after a pretty epic night might have had something to do with it.

I was still so happy to be there and it was still a good show. Each show holds different memories for me and they are all special for different reasons. Last night was special because even though the band didn't start off tight, they did everything they could to carry on. If they didn't put on a good performance last night it wasn't for lack of commitment and passion, and I love them so much for that. Sometimes you just have off nights but I'll take PJ on an off night any day. Can't have epic shows all the time anyway.

Lou Reed cover was very sweet, I cried a little.
  • Options
    JH315JH315 Posts: 7
    JM9240 wrote:
    did anyone get pictures of night 2 in LA when Ed came out to the crowd during alive? I would love to see them.

Look on the previous pages. I took some pics and linked them.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,753
    Any pics of the actual setlist???
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I was still so happy to be there and it was still a good show. Each show holds different memories for me and they are all special for different reasons. Last night was special because even though the band didn't start off tight, they did everything they could to carry on. If they didn't put on a good performance last night it wasn't for lack of commitment and passion, and I love them so much for that. Sometimes you just have off nights but I'll take PJ on an off night any day. Can't have epic shows all the time anyway.

Not good performance/off-night/not tight? The Sports Arena is located right next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. It's official address is 3939 S. Figueroa St., 90037. I was at the above address on 11/24/13 from about 7:30PM to about 11:30PM. Were you elsewhere? :) I thought it was epic and still can't believe what a great night it was.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Three Southern California shows in four days. 75 different songs (100 total) over the course of 9.5 hours. What more could we ask for?

Each concert had a completely distinct feel. San Diego was one of those nights people will be talking about for years. The family reunions, Ed stories, set list and vibe represented pure happiness for 3.5 hours. Felt like it could have gone on for another few hours and no one would have left.

After the stellar opening trio of "Pendulum," "Release" and "Long Road," L.A. Night I was a pure adrenaline rush. Growing up in Southern California and having attended hundreds of local shows since 1982, that was easily the best Los Angeles crowd I have ever been apart of. Also curious to hear if anyone else wells up while seeing "Release" live as I do.

The much-debated L.A. Night II was pure old school rock n' roll. On-stage arguments(?), on-the-fly set list changes, possible rock star fit, lyric mistakes and timely cover songs. Did anyone else notice that "Mother" was played in the same building that was one of only two U.S. arenas that staged "The Wall" in 1980?

Since I first saw Pearl Jam at Lollapalooza more than 21 years ago, they have never sounded better or more intense. Hoping to see them again next April at Coachella.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Not good performance/off-night/not tight? The Sports Arena is located right next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. It's official address is 3939 S. Figueroa St., 90037. I was at the above address on 11/24/13 from about 7:30PM to about 11:30PM. Were you elsewhere? :) I thought it was epic and still can't believe what a great night it was.
    lol

Sorry a little sleep deprived. I thought they put in a good performance but if others did not, it wasn't for lack of passion and commitment. However, I don't think they were tight, looked like Ed was switching stuff up and the rest of the guys kept having to look at him to figure out what was happening next. In the end they pulled it out and pulled it off.

Were you at night 1? I think having that to contrast with night 2 certainly doesn't help, I thought night 1 was a whole other level!

Not trying to pick the band apart, was just reacting to others' comments and voicing my own opinion :)
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

lol

Sorry a little sleep deprived. I thought they put in a good performance but if others did not, it wasn't for lack of passion and commitment. However, I don't think they were tight, looked like Ed was switching stuff up and the rest of the guys kept having to look at him to figure out what was happening next. In the end they pulled it out and pulled it off.

Were you at night 1? I think having that to contrast with night 2 certainly doesn't help, I thought night 1 was a whole other level!

Not trying to pick the band apart, was just reacting to others' comments and voicing my own opinion :)

I wasn't at night 1. In fact, this was my one show this tour. Last show was Gibson LA-3 which was short and bland except for Hunger Strike. LA2, yesterday, was a whole different thing. I have seen them a few times and nothing came close. So if there is better, I haven't witnessed it and 'm not sure if I would desire anything better than the level I perceived yesterday. No way and Breath were certainly special moments. I thought every song, though, were at levels I have never seen before. Better than Irvine 1 2003, SD 2003, LA1, 2006, etc.
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 106
    Yeah, I mean, it's hard to complain when they are playing easily 30 minutes to an hour more than they did on the last tour. I only went to LA1 at Gibson last time around, and it was a really fun show, but I would say all three shows I went to on this tour (SD, LA1, and LA2) were inarguably better. Might also be that the songs on Lightning Bolt are stronger than the ones on Backspacer, for the most part. Crowd was also way more into it for both LA shows than they were in LA1 09 and LA1 06 I thought.

All three shows were fabulous, but in their different ways. Ultimately if I had to rank all three I'd probably put SD at the top (even though my seats were kinda bad), but I had a great time at all three shows in the end. And I'm really glad I went for the "mini tour" of the three shows, rather than doing only one show like I did on past tours. 75 unique songs in 3 shows, I don't think there's any other band in the world that can come close to that. When they're playing that many songs I don't mind a lyrics mistake here or there.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I wasn't at night 1. In fact, this was my one show this tour. Last show was Gibson LA-3 which was short and bland except for Hunger Strike. LA2, yesterday, was a whole different thing. I have seen them a few times and nothing came close. So if there is better, I haven't witnessed it and 'm not sure if I would desire anything better than the level I perceived yesterday. No way and Breath were certainly special moments. I thought every song, though, were at levels I have never seen before. Better than Irvine 1 2003, SD 2003, LA1, 2006, etc.

I think show experiences are very subjective but I'm so glad it was such a great experience for you! I don't think you need to he concerned with LA 1, I generally don't think about shows I was not at :)