*** Los Angeles 2 Fanviews Here 11/24/13 ***

Comments

• I missed LA1. (Still kicking myself) but sorry this show did not hold a candle to Phoenix or San Diego.

Crowd (atleast where I was) was a joke, and Ed just seemed off tonight. Setlist from the beginning I thought was good but after MFS it was just a jumble fest and the tech issues didn't help.

A shame seeing what a great rock hall that building is.

Off to Oakland which I'm hoping will recapture the mystique of the PHX and SAN shows
  • jninejnine Posts: 43
    I liked the show, but Eddie was so pissed the whole night it was making me feel uncomfortable, like when your parents fight. He turned around and was flipping off someone, maybe his tech, early on, then he was totally thrown when the guy who fainted was taken out. He went over to the side and was talking to the sound woman he did a tribute to the night before, he was really mad. He was so all over the place. I was in the very front and I saw Mike and Jeff look at each other more than a few times and sort of lift up their eyebrows like what is he doing? At the end, the rest of the band looked like they were going to do Y Led., but Eddie did the hand under the chin "cut" signal and then told Mike, after this I'm done, I don't want to do anymore. Then they left. At the beginning, Ed said what a great day he and Mike had surfing, but I guess it didn't make him mellow or relaxed. Really strange vibe to the whole show. Still, the band sounded good and they were really into it. I saw Cindy Crawford and her husband and Cindy seemed pretty into it.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :o Breath :o:mrgreen:8-) No Way 8-)
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    edited November 2013
    Strange, strange show.

Ed got pissed about something during Sirens and he was not the same after that. The rest of the show he was huffing and puffing around, calling several audibles (he did the throat cutting gesture at the end of Blood to signal the band that that was it for the set before quickly leaving the stage) or directing the band, and just in general projecting an attitude of much displeasure.

First signs of a problem were Ed clearly audibling to Small Town. After Even Flow, he noted a fan had been pulled from the GA pit due to an emergency but was doing fine. I'm not sure what happened during Sirens, but it seemed like there was tech issue with his guitar. He held it behind him for his tech George (right?) to grab and as the tech got there he just dropped it. Think Lebron dropping his warmups even though the ballboy was standing right next to him waiting to take them from him. At one point shortly after a beach ball got kicked up on stage and he angrily kicked it off. After they returned for the encore (I think), he mentioned something about being amateur and that he/they would be professional. During Betterman, he clearly motioned to Matt to end the song instead of going into the SIFL bit, but Matt missed or ignored it and Ed was visibly angry. Even After Hours had some venom to it despite his heartfelt intro. And for some songs, he seemed to be just going through the motions and trying to get them over with.

This attitude was a complete 180 from his demeanor in San Diego where he and the band were all smiles all the time. It was just bizarre watching this tantrum play out and not really understanding what was going on. From my perspective it cast a shadow over the entire show. I heard several people saying it was a great show on the way out, but it made me wonder how much they were paying attention to the drama playing out on stage. This crowd seemed to be a hits crowd, and weren't nearly as enthusiastic as the crowd the previous night, but I didn't think it was a horrible crowd. If Ed was upset with the crowd, it seemed mostly unwarranted. Ed may have been upset at George, because after the Sirens thing, I didn't see him the rest of the night. If that was the case, Ed really let it bother him the rest of the show.

That said, there were several highlights: Love Reign, No Way, the Pink Floyd stuff (Interstellar intro to Corduroy, ABITW2 tag, Mother), Blood, Immortality, and Breath. Lightning Bolt (the song) was really, really good tonight, too.

But the story of the show is "what the fuck was up with Ed?"
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • CristianB wrote:
    My brother, Sean, was the one who had to get taken out during Future Days. He is doing fine. I want to thank everyone who helped me get him to the front and over the rail. He basically fainted and his legs just buckled. It was scary at first because I thought he was having some kind of seizure. They checked his vitals and he was fine, just a little bit out of it for awhile. They said it might have been a combination of dehydration and lack of air.

The arena medical crew was great. A doctor told us that the band was telling the crowd that Sean was doing alright and then he told Sean to go back out there and prove the band right. We made it back on the floor for the first encore. Thanks again to the best fan community in the world for helping out in what was a pretty scary situation.

(Got my Oceans opener...first time in 27 shows.)

Good to hear! The same thing happened to my girlfriend during the LA Kings rally when they won the Stanley Cup... we had been standing outside in the hot sun and she felt dizzy, we had the Staples Center staff take her on a wheelchair and check her BP and everything... the staff said she was dehydrated. She drank cup after cup of water and was fine afterward.
  • Woo-hoo!!! First time in the pit! At last minute on my way in, traded my 2 tix for one GA. I was about 6 people deep on Stone's side. As read on other GA posts, most everyone in close proximity just couldn't have been nicer and more friendly. I went alone but quickly felt like I came with a group of friends. Thank you to that super nice guy and his female friend wearing a hat (his name started w/M and her name was Milly...hope I remembered that right). Anyway, after second encore without any hesitation he let me stand in front of him so I could see better. And, he wasn't much taller than me. It changed my experience completely. :o I am eternally grateful to both of you for displaying such kindness. Kindness is Magic! LOVE/NURTURE. - Eileen :P
  • Fantastic show. Oceans :-)
    Great set. Great energy. Band amazing. Mike on fire.
    Anybody else notice after eddies guitar didnt work for sirens, his usual guitar tech wasnt seen for the rest of the night? And mike guitar trouble for end of alive so he just crowd surfed instead. Great show. :D
    Dublin 00, Dublin 06, Madrid 07, Nijmegen 07, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, East Troy PJ20 11 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 12 (1 & 2), L.A. 13 (1 & 2), Amsterdam 14 (1 & 2), Milan 14, Vienna 14, Berlin 14, Stockholm 14, Oslo 14, Boston 16 (1 & 2), London 18 (1 & 2).
  • juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    What a setlist, damn I wish I was there!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • tcadd94tcadd94 Posts: 611
    Strong set, but looks like a weird show. Still would've liked to been there, though!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Fan Club 198XXX, got 10c reserved seating tix on Stone's side, Loge 29, row 5. Great view of the stage, though I'd rather have been on Mike's side than Stone's, given how nuts Mike always gets during shows. But I digress...

After reading the setlist for LA 1, I was worried that tonight's show was going to be the lesser of the two, but this one was fantastic. I brought a friend of mine, a huge Social D fan, frequent concertgoer, and who had never seen PJ live before, and she said that it clocked in as one of her top 5 concerts of all-time. This was my 5th time seeing 'em live since 1998, and this was definitely top two with LA 1 in '06.

I'm SO stoked that I got to cross No Way off my bucket list. One of my favorite PJ songs from Yield. Stone's guitar with the special FX on infallible was deliciously heavy. Was disappointed that the bass overpowered EVERYTHING in the mix on My Father's Son... I mean, I know it's a Jeff-centric song, but I couldn't hear the guitars over him. Mike McFuckin' McCready was on fire, alternating the Even Flow solo behind his back, then one one knee in front of his amp... he tried to hop over the rail into the crowd on the side by him while playing the solo in Alive, but fell on his ass onto the seats and had a good laugh about it. Then he crowdsurfed in the center of the pit for a few yards.

The crowd was into it, too, but strangely, not the few rows in front of me, save for a few people. A handful of people actually sat for the entire show around me.

Ed seemed okay-ish to me, but the reason he dropped/threw down the acoustic during Sirens is because it was out of tune, not because it wasn't plugged in. I could definitely hear that there was some off-key sound when he started playing it. He did stop singing Future Days while CristianB's brother and he were pulled from the pit, and he fucked up when he started singing again because it looked a bit scary from where I saw. The brother looked like he was taken out on a stretcher, but the lights were low, so I could be mistaken.

At the end of the show during either RITFW or Alive (I think it was RITFW), after Ed gave out tambourines, he stood on the blocks in front of Stone's side with his bottle of red, took a swig, and started pushing it through his teeth, smiling, then he danced back to the middle of the stage, laid down on the floor, took a hit off his wine bottle, and looked fully relieved that the show had gone well.

I really thought the show was great, and I didn't really get the vibe from Ed that he was frustrated or angry. They added just as many songs to the setlist as they took off, it looks like, so I feel I definitely got my money's worth.

And my friend is now a Pearl Jam convert, saying she will not miss them any time they play LA/OC again.
  • y70h.jpg

yuz2.jpg

ixdu.jpg

vwj5.jpg

1fay.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SputNickSputNick Posts: 104
    BF25394 wrote:
    Regarding Sirens, when Mike solos, Ed takes an acoustic guitar to play mike's part. When Ed started playing his part, there was no sound to the PA system. The tech ran out to get the guitar but instead of handing it to the tech, Ed flipped it over his back and let it drop instead.

If there was no sound to the monitor, Ed was lucky because the sound that went out to the crowd was distinct and horribly out of tune.

exactly the same thing happened in Brooklyn #1, and EV was again pissed, he just dropped the guitar and went to talk to the talk after the song.
    there is something wrong with that guitar...
    Binaural > Vs > No Code > Yield = Riot Act > Vitalogy > Ten > Pearl Jam > Dark Matter > Gigaton > Lightning Bolt > Backspacer
  • SputNick wrote:
    BF25394 wrote:
    Regarding Sirens, when Mike solos, Ed takes an acoustic guitar to play mike's part. When Ed started playing his part, there was no sound to the PA system. The tech ran out to get the guitar but instead of handing it to the tech, Ed flipped it over his back and let it drop instead.

If there was no sound to the monitor, Ed was lucky because the sound that went out to the crowd was distinct and horribly out of tune.

exactly the same thing happened in Brooklyn #1, and EV was again pissed, he just dropped the guitar and went to talk to the talk after the song.
    there is something wrong with that guitar...

Yeah.. I Remember that.. What is going on with Eddie?
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,476
    BigAngry wrote:
    Fan Club 198XXX, got 10c reserved seating tix on Stone's side, Loge 29, row 5. Great view of the stage, though I'd rather have been on Mike's side than Stone's, given how nuts Mike always gets during shows. But I digress...

After reading the setlist for LA 1, I was worried that tonight's show was going to be the lesser of the two, but this one was fantastic. I brought a friend of mine, a huge Social D fan, frequent concertgoer, and who had never seen PJ live before, and she said that it clocked in as one of her top 5 concerts of all-time. This was my 5th time seeing 'em live since 1998, and this was definitely top two with LA 1 in '06.

I'm SO stoked that I got to cross No Way off my bucket list. One of my favorite PJ songs from Yield. Stone's guitar with the special FX on infallible was deliciously heavy. Was disappointed that the bass overpowered EVERYTHING in the mix on My Father's Son... I mean, I know it's a Jeff-centric song, but I couldn't hear the guitars over him. Mike McFuckin' McCready was on fire, alternating the Even Flow solo behind his back, then one one knee in front of his amp... he tried to hop over the rail into the crowd on the side by him while playing the solo in Alive, but fell on his ass onto the seats and had a good laugh about it. Then he crowdsurfed in the center of the pit for a few yards.

The crowd was into it, too, but strangely, not the few rows in front of me, save for a few people. A handful of people actually sat for the entire show around me.

Ed seemed okay-ish to me, but the reason he dropped/threw down the acoustic during Sirens is because it was out of tune, not because it wasn't plugged in. I could definitely hear that there was some off-key sound when he started playing it. He did stop singing Future Days while CristianB's brother and he were pulled from the pit, and he fucked up when he started singing again because it looked a bit scary from where I saw. The brother looked like he was taken out on a stretcher, but the lights were low, so I could be mistaken.

At the end of the show during either RITFW or Alive (I think it was RITFW), after Ed gave out tambourines, he stood on the blocks in front of Stone's side with his bottle of red, took a swig, and started pushing it through his teeth, smiling, then he danced back to the middle of the stage, laid down on the floor, took a hit off his wine bottle, and looked fully relieved that the show had gone well.

I really thought the show was great, and I didn't really get the vibe from Ed that he was frustrated or angry. They added just as many songs to the setlist as they took off, it looks like, so I feel I definitely got my money's worth.

And my friend is now a Pearl Jam convert, saying she will not miss them any time they play LA/OC again.

I wasn't there but I am on board with this review. It sounds more realistic than most of the negative nelly ones.
    Eddie was mad, set list was weird, crowd lacked energy, sound was off. Boohoo ya'll.
  • Holy shit, what a set!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • I wonder if Ed pushing wine through his teeth was a tribute to Gene Simmons' blood spitting...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • one of the greatest thrills of my life was when Eddie came out to the crowd on alive and he held my hand for support!!! waited 23 years for that!
  • obinder26 wrote:
    Certainly not a bad show, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed -- can't really put it into words, but I suppose I was expecting more. Saturday was much better, but I don't for a second regret coming all the way from Chicago to see both shows.

Gahhh! I, too, came all the way from Chicago for both! So a virtual salute to you ...

In no way am I going to say I was disappointed in Night 2. I will say I felt like the first set was just "a really great show" for me. And then the encores started happening, and by the time I walked out of there, I was stoked up again.

Seeing the planned setlist compared to what we got was definitely interesting. I told my two LA buddies after the first set that it would be interesting to see what we were SUPPOSED to get after "Blood," when Ed clearly was telling everyone that was it after that song. "Lukin" and then "Betterman" would've been interesting to close.

VERY bummed to see, then, that we didn't get "Hard To Imagine" and "Down."

I knew going in there would be a handful of repeats. You know they'll do the three biggies from the new record both nights, and I can get behind that. I can get behind "Alive" both nights. I could hear "Porch" every show and be fine with it. But I was surprised to get "DTE," "Unthought" and "Given to Fly" both nights. Given the option, I'd love to have "Imagine" and "Down" instead of hearing those others back-to-back nights.

I agree with a lot of folks here ... the vibe from the band seemed to suffer at times, and Ed was definitely pissed at many points with a lot of the tech issues, obviously most notably during "Sirens."

But by and large, they plowed through the problems and still did a great show. Glad I got see "Mother" again after the Wrigley show. Glad I got to get "Love Reign O'er Me" for the first time since Chicago I '09, and very glad for one of the friends with me, who had a two-song bucket list for the show – "Oceans" and "Love Reign." He got one right out of the gate and one late. And I got to hear "Breath" live for the first time, which was awesome, as well as "No Way." (Was kinda surprised that was only the 11th time on that one. Knew it wouldn't have been a TON, but wouldn't have guessed that few.)

The only other thing I think would've been awesome would be for them to have played "Deep." They did 8 of the 11 from "Ten" on Night 1, and I knew they'd come back with "Even Flow" on Night 2. That left "Oceans," which they opened with," and "Deep." I really felt a couple times in the show, "Deep" would've been awesome. Like "Blood," then close the first set with "Deep." Or flip-flopped. But I guess that's why I buy the tickets and Ed writes the shows.

Still, great night. Now after two in Worcester and two in LA, I have to hunker down for the winter and hope for a spring tour when I'm in England and hope for a summer tour through the Midwest.

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    BigAngry wrote:
    Fan Club 198XXX, got 10c reserved seating tix on Stone's side, Loge 29, row 5. Great view of the stage, though I'd rather have been on Mike's side than Stone's, given how nuts Mike always gets during shows. But I digress...

I'm SO stoked that I got to cross No Way off my bucket list. One of my favorite PJ songs from Yield. Stone's guitar with the special FX on infallible was deliciously heavy. Was disappointed that the bass overpowered EVERYTHING in the mix on My Father's Son... I mean, I know it's a Jeff-centric song, but I couldn't hear the guitars over him.

Yup, I think this is why "My Father's Son" is not a regular rotation...just too bass heavy for these venues. Too bad bc it is such a badass song.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Show #2 for me this tour & I'm lovin it. :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    y70h.jpg

yuz2.jpg

ixdu.jpg

vwj5.jpg

1fay.jpg

What song was this during?! Anyone got a youtube link? :mrgreen:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • JH315 wrote:

FAN. FREAKING. TASTIC WORK. Man. Gorgeous shots. And looking at all your other sets, I think I know what I'm doing on the flight home to Chicago.

What do you shoot with?

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• 4th show of my 5 show mini tour. Incredible start to the show...Oceans-Low Light-Present Tense. Just awesome.

In addition to all the tech issues that have been mentioned, the volume on Mike's Guitar was way off. I was on Mike's side and couldn't hear him at all. Not on solos, not during Sirens, just not al all. If all these tech issues led to Eddie's frustration, I totally understand. Regardless, I had a great time, loved the songs they played and can't wait for Oakland.

Thanks PJ. You guys are on fire. :D
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
    2022: San Diego, LA1
    2024: LA1
  • Not a bad show. Weird vibe with Ed being all pissed off and the dude getting carried out of the pit. Setlist seemed to be all over the place...every time they seemed to get going, they played something slow or a new song and kinda took the crowd out of it. Maybe it was just where I was sitting...I had shitty seats in concourse 10 and most of the section was sitting down for a majority of the show. Still awesome to hear oceans and no way. All in all, it was a successful SoCal trip for the 3 shows. SD show was definitely my favorite.
  • JH315JH315 Posts: 7
    FadedGlory wrote:
    JH315 wrote:

FAN. FREAKING. TASTIC WORK. Man. Gorgeous shots. And looking at all your other sets, I think I know what I'm doing on the flight home to Chicago.

What do you shoot with?

Tonight was with a Canon G1X. It's not what I'd prefer, but no DSLRs allowed, so this is great for a pocket camera. Excellent shutter speed and good in low light. It's a fun camera for concerts.
  • First off, they played BREATH..so this show will be memorable to me for that.
    Lots of great songs played(Oceans, No Way, Present Tense, Immortality, Go, Daughter w/ABITW tag, Love Reign Over Me) but as mentioned flow was off. Think seeing guy pass out in GA gave Eddie flashbacks to Denmark. Mike seemed to be killing it for Gene Simmons. Different vibe from San Diego, which was all smiles. Had lots of sing along songs for the wife(Last Kiss Elderly Woman, Daughter) so that was good. Eddie mentioned he was bummed about Lou Reed, and it kind of showed in his mood. The Lou Reed cover wasn't my cup of tea, and then the setlist had Floyd and Who covers, but we got no Black or Yellow Ledbedder or Indifference. The didn't play Pendulum in the beginning either. All and all a great show, just wish they would have played more PJ stuff in the encores/later setlist.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • demaydemay Posts: 67
    Ed was drunk from the beginning. He's a much better lead singer/bandleader when he starts drinking during the show instead if before.
  • you know why ed was yelling at the band members in between songs? it wasn't cause he was angry, it's cause four other people on stage needed to know what song was next and it was loud in there.

from 3rd row stone side it was pretty clear there were none of these anger issues. yes, ed was pissed at his guitar tech when sirens guitar didn't work, but guess what, the guitar tech's job is to make sure the guitar works.

i will say ed was pretty drunk. dumped a lot of wine on his head during RITFW.

great show. anyone who thinks ed's divorcing the band is severly overreacting.
  • I've been to 10 shows now and I've had seats all over the place. This was my 1st pit experience. I've been closer with fan club seats instead of a pit but the vibe in the pit was great, very nice crowd. I didn't enjoy being short with several giants right in front of me, however..hehe. I was about 8 "rows" back on Mike's side. I got a good view of Gene Simmons. He made a very "known" entrance. I also ran into Natalie Maines after the show. She smiled and waved, which was cool.

Soooo... the show was great! The sound was muddy but I could hear Mike very well being right in front of his amps. I could tell that Ed wasn't in a good mood from the start. Just the fact that he wasn't at all chatty is an obvious sign. I agree that he might have been drunk before it began, and even annoyed that things weren't going right behind the scenes. It seemed like he changed up the set constantly, reading into the crowd's reactions. I saw up close the Sirens guitar problem. The guitar was tuned, fretted in the wrong key... a big oops. And man was he pissed. Maybe the guitar was out there for another song but Ed changed up so much, the techs couldn't keep up. At one point during the 1st set Ed flipped off someone behind Matt... or maybe it was Matt?? Matt reaacted like it was at him. It was almost tough to watch, but Mike stole the show with his awesome shredding!

All in all, it was a great show, maybe the only one I will get to witness this tour but I have no regrets, and this is still the best band in the world! I finally got to hear Oceans live! Finally.