Options

Jeff pissed at end of Baltimore show?

on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Anybody else see Jeff storm off the stage immediately after RITFW?

He looked really ticked off.
1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I noticed that too. I have no idea what had happened, I was loving that the random fan got pulled on stage.

I did notice though, unless I just missed it, that Eddie introduced the whole band but he did not include Jeff. I also noticed a few times how Stone, Mike, and Jeff were playing together and Eddie just doing his thing. That is not too out of the norm though. Hope everything is cool!
    Pearl Jam
    Definition: two words to describe the meaning of this name; simply amazing.
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    on2legs wrote:
    Anybody else see Jeff storm off the stage immediately after RITFW?

He looked really ticked off.

Someone posted this in Baltimore review.....

Amazing show as always. Bummed out though that Eddie forgot to acknowledge Jeff. He had a great performance and it sucked to see his face when he didn't get mentioned.
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    Yeah that was me. :)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I wondered the same.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,183
    Sheesh..... Hope it's just because no on dvr''d "Eastbound and Down" for him

KFP
  • Options
    My wife and I definitely saw a pissed off Ament leave the stage. We noticed Ed didn't acknowledge Jeff prior to that when introducing the band. Would Jeff get that upset over something like this? He was clearly upset at something, and I think it was Ed. Maybe they disagreed on what to play during the break before the encore?
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    He looked pissed no doubt, I was shocked he stormed off like that
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Maybe he had to pee really bad or something. Who knows?

not something to worry about.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    We were close on Jeff's side - really seemed like it was Ed leaving him out of the intros that put him in one foul mood, because he seemed good up to that point. I felt really bad, he looked really ticked off.
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    He forgot to introduce Jeff in Montana last year too. Jeff had already spoken to the crowd and everything so I guess it wasn't as big a deal, but it was still a little weird.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,183
    Stone never gets introduced at most shows I go to.... I think it's something else

1st Dez now Jeff :o
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    Definitely saw how pissed Jeff was....he threw down his ear plugs...and was looking down on his way off of the stage...with an intense walk for sure...had to have been because Ed forgot to introduce him...

Jeff looked like he was having the time of his life earlier in the evening....dodging the lights and what not....running around with Mike...etc...

Ed has always introduced everyone in the band to the shows i have been to...

Hopefully he make amends to Ament in Charlottesville!

On a side-note...when i was picking up 10c tix, two cops came in and asked the ticket worker if they could tell if the tickets he had in his hand were fake...30 seconds later the worker confirmed that they were indeed FAKE...scalpers tryin to rip people off...SCUM

keep your eyes open for fakes people!
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    I have seen Ed miss Stone and Jeff before, probably the others at some point too. He has usually had a bit to drink by the end....

Usually the crowd corrects him. :) If Jeff got butthurt over that then he needs suck it up or grab a mic and correct Ed.

I bet it was something else.
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    Any noticeable equipment issues during the show? Seen a few artists visibly pissed about that over the years.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Vytis33 wrote:
    Any noticeable equipment issues during the show? Seen a few artists visibly pissed about that over the years.

I would think it would be this before something petty like not getting introduced by Ed.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Hopefully everything is OK!

I went to the Vancouver show two years ago, and he never introduced Mike at the end. I have the bootleg, so whenever I listen to it, it sounds like Mike is wanting to introduce his friend (Tim Trujillo?), and Eddie just talked over him and never said Mike's name. If Mike was ticked about it that night, I'm sure he's gotten over it by now.

I assume that they'll get over it.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I heard he pointed his finger at Ed and said something unintelligible just before he stormed off. So I think it was something Ed did, for sure.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Mike D88 wrote:
    Vytis33 wrote:

I would think it would be this before something petty like not getting introduced by Ed.

Only. Jeff knows what it was really about, but we were super close on his side (aisle of 105) and I'm telling you, he seemed fine (and having a pretty good time) the whole show, then Ed forgets to intro him, and we never saw him smile again after that (well maybe a little smile at yellow shirt dude) but that was it, he was DONE. Probably something underlying it and that was a last straw?

The good news is, whatever it was, they're probably all over it now. Water under the bridge.
  • Options
    K_jamK_jam Posts: 137
    sounds like its 1996 all over again. ;)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954
    I couldn't tell but i wasn't really near the stage and left pretty much rigfht after the show was over. hope everything is ok.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    Smellyman wrote:
    Maybe he had to pee really bad or something. Who knows?

not something to worry about.

:shifty:
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    there is no way Jeff is that big of a pussy to get pissed Ed forgot to mention him. :nono:
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    mr bungle wrote:
    there is no way Jeff is that big of a pussy to get pissed Ed forgot to mention him. :nono:

maybe he was pissed that yellow shirt guy was dancing in his spot on the stage...for most of his time up there...seriously...
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    he must be pissed cos Eddie didnt give him a Tumbourine
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Hopper wrote:
    mr bungle wrote:

maybe he was pissed that yellow shirt guy was dancing in his spot on the stage...for most of his time up there...seriously...

Yellow Iowa shirt guy danced mostly on Stone's side, nowhere near Jeff.He carved out a nice little area for himself to jump around in and you could tell he was being careful to keep clear of the guys playing.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    phfyrebyrdphfyrebyrd U.S. Posts: 17
    Jeff, on behalf of those of us who were rocking out with you tonight:

Please forgive Ed. He didn't mean it. And we all love you!!!!

(Unless he did mean it, then i hope you guys can work it out. It wouldn't be Pearl Jam without you.)

Love, the fans.
    Makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

NYC 5/21/10; Buffalo 10/12/13; Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    Meh, shit happens. People get heated over shit and move on. The whole band stormed off the stage in Uniondale '03. So what? At this point, it's none of our business.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982

That "reporters" source: this thread :lol:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    We <3 you Jeff!
This discussion has been closed.