Options

Jeff pissed at end of Baltimore show?

Comments

• Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    pulling69 wrote:
    Hopper wrote:
    mr bungle wrote:
    there is no way Jeff is that big of a pussy to get pissed Ed forgot to mention him. :nono:

maybe he was pissed that yellow shirt guy was dancing in his spot on the stage...for most of his time up there...seriously...

Yellow Iowa shirt guy danced mostly on Stone's side, nowhere near Jeff.He carved out a nice little area for himself to jump around in and you could tell he was being careful to keep clear of the guys playing.

after he got on stage he started on Jeff and Mike's side...in Jeff's spot...and then moved over to the other side...
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    I thought Jeff looked "off" at the end of Lightning Bolt on Fallon. It felt really weird to see him emotionless, but when he hugged Mike at the end, I shrugged it off.

Three shows in the next four days...time for the boys to iron it out quickly...

Who knows...
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    He missed "The Walking Dead" and forgot to set his DVR.

Or maybe he was pissed the new Season of the Walking Dead is kinda lame...
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    What a baby. Seriously
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Smellyman wrote:
    I have seen Ed miss Stone and Jeff before, probably the others at some point too. He has usually had a bit to drink by the end....

Usually the crowd corrects him. :) If Jeff got butthurt over that then he needs suck it up or grab a mic and correct Ed.

I bet it was something else.

Agreed. Ed forgets people all the time.
    the context changes though if they had any friction earlier and it was perceived as intentional

this makes me sad, because Jeff was on fire last night. Other than Sweet Lew and Tres Mts, I have never seen him so happy.

What it could be:
    Disagreement (setlist/slight, etc)
    Diarrhea
    Equipment Problems
    Maybe he had a headache from when one of the lights he was swinging bonked him.
    It was also a very HOT show for those guys.
  • Options
    Jeff gets no respect. I heard EV wants to replace him with john entwistle
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    DJ_Junior wrote:
    Jeff gets no respect. I heard EV wants to replace him with john entwistle

:roll:
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    What was odd was him leaving front and center. He could have left back stage left to Mike or even behind Matt..

He walked right across the stage to the furthest exit like he wanted all the band members to see him leave.

(sigh!)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    watched the video.. thats how they left the stage for the first 15 years.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    thefixer9 wrote:

Watch your mouth! :nono:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,866
    Maybe Dave a. will be the new bassist. :lol:
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    skanji32 wrote:
    What was odd was him leaving front and center. He could have left back stage left to Mike or even behind Matt..

He walked right across the stage to the furthest exit like he wanted all the band members to see him leave.

(sigh!)

Toilets were probably on that side..
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Watch your mouth! :nono:

:lol:

Maybe he's pissed that Carl has his gun back....I know I am.. :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    thefixer9 wrote:

ah come on! carl showed restraint to not shoot that one walker when he was in the woods with hershel!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    My guess (and it's just that) is that he was pissed about equipment problems. Usually they interact I with the techs at the end, pass off their guitars and their IFB's but Jeff just put his guitar down by his amps and ripped his ear pieces out and looked like he placed them on Boom's keyboard as he exited. If he was mad at Ed I'd guess he would have chirped him as they crossed paths as he was walking off.

I think Jeff was just mad at himself (or his tech/his sound) more than Ed or anyone else.

But the truth is, we don't know what goes on in these guys lives day to day and we don't know if there is any tension between the guys. They're professionals and they all go way back. This will be nothing more than a buried tread by November.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

ah come on! carl showed restraint to not shoot that one walker when he was in the woods with hershel!

Great...Carl didn't shoot one walking...brownie points to him... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Oh God, I hope they at least wait until after Dallas to break up.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    They all seemed to leave quickly. No band group hug/ bow and final waves to the crowd. Did they run past venue curfew?
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    I went to the first 4 shows of this tour and I don't remember them collectively bowing at any of them. I wouldn't factor that into this.
  • Options
    Oh God, I hope they at least wait until after Dallas to break up.
    I woyldn't bet on it man, wouldn't bet on it. Sell your tickets while you have the chance.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    He was pissed when he realized he could have had a V8.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    My guess (and it's just that) is that he was pissed about equipment problems. Usually they interact I with the techs at the end, pass off their guitars and their IFB's but Jeff just put his guitar down by his amps and ripped his ear pieces out and looked like he placed them on Boom's keyboard as he exited. If he was mad at Ed I'd guess he would have chirped him as they crossed paths as he was walking off.

I think Jeff was just mad at himself (or his tech/his sound) more than Ed or anyone else.

But the truth is, we don't know what goes on in these guys lives day to day and we don't know if there is any tension between the guys. They're professionals and they all go way back. This will be nothing more than a buried tread by November.

Whatever the problem was, I can tell you it was NOT equipment problems. Tech problems are probably the easiest thing to notice from the audience, because there has to be communication between the musician and their crew. Repeated "WTF??" looks when something sounds wrong... obvious tinkering with an amp/guitar and then looking to the side like "Um, could use a little help here!" Or if they can't hear, they need to signal what to turn up or down in their mix. None of those problems was observable with Jeff last night.

Like, you could tell momentarily how pissed Ed was during, I think it was Porch, when he tried to go out to the front on Stone's side and he was moving so fast, his mic tech couldn't un-knot the cord fast enough. Or when the security in front wouldn't pick up the tamborine for the girl Ed threw it to, he even said into the mic "Can you help her out??" and then he looked peeved when he jumped into the pit and handed it to her himself. These things are visible (and I'm a tech geek so I particularly notice a lot of them.)

But with Jeff, we were right on the side, could see Jeff and his tech the whole night. There was none of that "WTF?" looking at his tech as musicians usually do if something is off. He loooked great and sounded great and seemed to be having a really good time. There was lots of good vibes around Jeff for most fo the show, there was NOTHING to indicate equipment problems or sound problems. No poking at his monitors, no signaling roadies, no puzzled/pissed looks.

Until Ed didn't introduce him. Maybe, as so many of you are theorizing, he just happened to realize he had to poop RIGHT WHEN Ed failed to introduce him.. but the timing was unmistakable in terms of the tanking of his mood to the degree it was visible.

Poop... maybe. Tech problems... absolutely not.
  • Options
    I guess the mods haven't woken up yet. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

Since we're commenting on something that happened onstage and was clearly something (what, we don't know, but no mistaking something happened), why would the mods cancel this?

Only if someone posted a pic of the giant poop Jeff allegedly took as soon as he got offstage would this seem inappropriate... and I'm not buying the poop theory anyway, so I do not expect to see any proof of poop! :mrgreen:

But seriously, why would this get locked?
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    I went to the first 4 shows of this tour and I don't remember them collectively bowing at any of them. I wouldn't factor that into this.

I thought they did that in Buffalo. I know they did in London and Wrigley.
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Probably just a bad day at work. We've all had 'em but we still go back the next day :)
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:

Since we're commenting on something that happened onstage and was clearly something (what, we don't know, but no mistaking something happened), why would the mods cancel this?

this.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    Did anyone who was at the Baltimore show see the band after the show outside the venue, around a hotel, etc?

(cue sarcastic responses now...)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2013 - London, Seattle
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    Ed really shouldn't have said Jeff was least important guy in the band. That was not nice... 8-)
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    Jeff was hoping that "Sweet Lew" was going to be the new closing song. Didn't happen.
This discussion has been closed.