Options

Rail security at Brooklyn II

Comments

• Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    This thread is just a reminder to me of what a me world we live in today. Our problems are always because of somebody else. There is no personal responsibility anymore.

"I wasn't dehydrated, but boy was I thirsty"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Security didn't even provide us with chairs... We were standing in line for 10 hours straight! I mean....we could've collapsed!!!!!!! Gimme a break.

Every man for themselves, that gives for a much better atmosphere! And let's remove the rails as well! And the security guys, what an unnecessary cost, people on the floor should just leave if they can't handle it! Stupid lady was handing out free ear plugs as well, did you see that??! Where is this world heading??

Why can't I just stand and enjoy my bud light, minding my own business?!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    its_ok wrote:
    This thread is just a reminder to me of what a me world we live in today. Our problems are always because of somebody else. There is no personal responsibility anymore.

"I wasn't dehydrated, but boy was I thirsty"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Security didn't even provide us with chairs... We were standing in line for 10 hours straight! I mean....we could've collapsed!!!!!!! Gimme a break.

Every man for themselves, that gives for a much better atmosphere! And let's remove the rails as well! And the security guys, what an unnecessary cost, people on the floor should just leave if they can't handle it! Stupid lady was handing out free ear plugs as well, did you see that??! Where is this world heading??

Why can't I just stand and enjoy my bud light, minding my own business?!

How about instead of "every man for themselves," you change your quote to "be a man." (Or woman). You people sound like children.
  • Options
    I was in the corner in the front row at Brooklyn. One of the security guards picked up mikes guitar picks. I asked him to give it to me, and he wouldn't. He offered to sell them to me. I said are you serious? He said yeah whats it worth to you? I told him Im not paying for something that was meant to go to fans. I tried taking a picture of his name tag and he ran to the other side of the stage. All the other security was great though.
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    yea it was bullshit. I dont think i was on the verge of dehydration but boy was i thirsty. One rail guard said he'd look backstage for water and never did. The other guy told me to go buy concession if i was thirsty. all they care about is making money and not the safety of their customers (unless you're crowd surfing off course lol)

thanks for the post

I get the concerns, but shouldn't it be someone's own responsibility to go and get themselves some water if they are so dehydrated? To me, this sounds like people would rather be on the verge of passing out rather than losing their precious spot on the rail. Seems kinda silly to me.

spoken like someone who has never been on the rail

Or ya know, spoken like someone with common sense.
    A person makes the choice to go to the rail knowing full well they will be there without access to water for a couple hours.
    It's not someone else's responsibility to give you water, so hey, bring water, leave to get water, or suffer without water so you can be at the rail. It's each person's choice, but don't bitch if your survival instinct isn't stronger than your need to be a bit closer to a band.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    HOLY FUCK! What the fuck is wrong with some of you! Bring me water!!?? No one took a gun to head walked you into the building then handcuffed you to the stage! If you need a drink because you don't feel well than fucking move! You're at a fucking rock concert for fucks sake! Their are millions of people that haven't had a clean drink or a meal in days and your asking for tap water so you can keep your trendy spot at a show?!?! How about they just put a concession stand right in front of the stage right next to a merchandise booth and let you bring in ropes so you can keep your coveted spot? Wait fuck, I need someone to bring me shit to my seat as well. I hate having to move. Some of you fuckers are completely delusional. This is truly one of the DUMBEST FUCKING THINGS IVE EVERE READ HERE! And that's saying a lot. Bring me some water... Fuck :fp: go fucking get it yourself. Stop being so fucking needy. Just make sure your 3 year old is well hydrated. Idiots.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    HOLY FUCK! What the fuck is wrong with some of you! Bring me water!!?? No one took a gun to head walked you into the building then handcuffed you to the stage! If you need a drink because you don't feel well than fucking move! You're at a fucking rock concert for fucks sake! Their are millions of people that haven't had a clean drink or a meal in days and your asking for tap water so you can keep your trendy spot at a show?!?! How about they just put a concession stand right in front of the stage right next to a merchandise booth and let you bring in ropes so you can keep your coveted spot? Wait fuck, I need someone to bring me shit to my seat as well. I hate having to move. Some of you fuckers are completely delusional. This is truly one of the DUMBEST FUCKING THINGS IVE EVERE READ HERE! And that's saying a lot. Bring me some water... Fuck :fp: go fucking get it yourself. Stop being so fucking needy. Just make sure your 3 year old is well hydrated. Idiots.

I cannot disagree one bit. One of the best rants I've heard here in a while Well done! :corn:
  • Options

The Force is very strong with this one.

Very well may be the one who fulfills the prophecy and restores balance between us and the delusional rail people.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    I honestly had no idea that the suggestion to sell water at the front, by the rail, would be such a polarizing idea - my apologies. I've articulated my opinions on the matter, and it's been interesting to hear that water distribution is a regular thing at EU shows. For the record, I didn't expect water - nor was I personally nearing dehydration. I was worried about someone near me, that's all. Oh well!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    benjs wrote:
    I honestly had no idea that the suggestion to sell water at the front, by the rail, would be such a polarizing idea - my apologies. I've articulated my opinions on the matter, and it's been interesting to hear that water distribution is a regular thing at EU shows. For the record, I didn't expect water - nor was I personally nearing dehydration. I was worried about someone near me, that's all. Oh well!

Yeah, have no idea how passing some water could be such a sensitive topic :) The argument that you've chosen to stand there doesn't really hold as you can make the same argument about security overall, not only water.

Good to see you looking after your fellow fans up front!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    My hero!!!!

Here's one more fuck for good measure.

#FHP
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

I think the baffling thing to those who you deem to be not in line with your thinking is "Why do you stay?"

If your health is at risk or you see someone who is in that situation; why can't you or that person take it upon themselves to go take a break? Never hear a response to that one, it always "you people are insensitive!"

Another guy even brought up a couple good points to your suggestion...

-once somebody gets water, then everyone wants it and it becomes a situation that could get ugly

-Can't give out bottles because god forbid people throw them onstage or elsewhere (pretty common at any event)

People like you don't like to hear answers to the question when it doesn't suit the exact kind of answer your looking for.

Please just tell me why can't people just walk away if they should? Why not move to a different area where they have more space? Why is it somebody elses problem (band, security, Obama, society, ect..), but there own?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    benjs wrote:

I think the baffling thing to those who you deem to be not in line with your thinking is "Why do you stay?"

If your health is at risk or you see someone who is in that situation; why can't you or that person take it upon themselves to go take a break? Never hear a response to that one, it always "you people are insensitive!"

Another guy even brought up a couple good points to your suggestion...

-once somebody gets water, then everyone wants it and it becomes a situation that could get ugly

-Can't give out bottles because god forbid people throw them onstage or elsewhere (pretty common at any event)

People like you don't like to hear answers to the question when it doesn't suit the exact kind of answer your looking for.

Please just tell me why can't people just walk away if they should? Why not move to a different area where they have more space? Why is it somebody elses problem (band, security, Obama, society, ect..), but there own?

For the water - I suggested they put it for sale. I don't feel entitled to it. In regards to the bottles - I was allowed in with my empty SIGG water bottle (because I wasn't allowed to come in with water), which I had had with me in line all day. Seems to me that thing could do MUCH more damage than a plastic water bottle. If I was nearing dehydration - you're damn right I'd be moving on. I just know for a band who cares so much about the safety of their fan base, it would be an incredibly easy thing for them to do to have a case of water on reserve to sell in these circumstances. What I will say is that you're 100% right that the venue/band/management has zero obligation to provide this service.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Like many others have said, being obsessive about getting to the rail comes with certain consequences. I've seen some people get downright nasty about getting a spot on the rail....pushing and trying to slide in, etc. It's not what I want to deal with at a concert so I never buy GA tickets. Would much rather be comfortable while watching my favorite band play than have to spend the entire concert thinking about whether I may lose "my spot". Everyone is responsible for their own hydration....it is not the responsibility of security or the band. If you willingly put yourself in a position that may result in a need to leave and get a drink, thereby losing your place, then that is on you. Time to grow up a little bit.
  • Options
    its_ok wrote:
    The argument that you've chosen to stand there doesn't really hold as you can make the same argument about security overall, not only water.

Good to see you looking after your fellow fans up front!

Ummm.....what?
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    I just know for a band who cares so much about the safety of their fan base, it would be an incredibly easy thing for them to do to have a case of water on reserve to sell in these circumstances.

And here is where I still think you just don't get it. It has nothing to do with the band being good guys and it has nothing to do with it being easy.

It is about being responsible for yourself, plain and simple.

You know who has a water bottle on hand? The frickin paramedic being paid to work the event and if it actually comes to that point then in most cases it was foolishness of the person who neglected to take care of them self.
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    smarchee wrote:
    should have the hose out and spraying the mosh pit like in the old days
    But then how would people hold up their phones constantly to film the show/take pictures!?!?!?! Their phones would get wet!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    I think the only fair solution to this is to provide bottled water to all pit ticket holders with numbers 150xxx or better.

Oh....I would add that Eddie should personally bless the water before it is given away; after all they are a caring band, so why not take advantage of that?
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    possomists wrote:
    I was in the corner in the front row at Brooklyn. One of the security guards picked up mikes guitar picks. I asked him to give it to me, and he wouldn't. He offered to sell them to me. I said are you serious? He said yeah whats it worth to you? I told him Im not paying for something that was meant to go to fans. I tried taking a picture of his name tag and he ran to the other side of the stage. All the other security was great though.

You should have given him a bottle of water.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I think the only fair solution to this is to provide bottled water to all pit ticket holders with numbers 150xxx or better.

Oh....I would add that Eddie should personally bless the water before it is given away; after all they are a caring band, so why not take advantage of that?
    Ohh. Blessed water from Eddie. Highly flippable on eBay.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

:lol:

Another well loved member pointed out to me there should probably have a on site massage for feet and calves from all the standing you do so you don't develop medical conditions in your legs. Probably best if you just bring a chair and cooler I think.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    LloydXmas wrote:

:lol:

Another well loved member pointed out to me there should probably have a on site massage for feet and calves from all the standing you do so you don't develop medical conditions in your legs. Probably best if you just bring a chair and cooler I think.
    Whatever you do, don't be selfish and light up a cigarette.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:

Cigarettes for members 75xxx or better only
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    It's the same mentality by those who think they should be able to walk away from the pit and have everyone move out of the way when they come back so they can stand in the same place as before - entitlement. If you are responsible and plan accordingly, you can plan/time your hydration and bathroom breaks out so that you can both be at the rail, not have to go to the bathroom and not complain that there's no water given out at the rail. I did it, it was a pain in the ass but it was worth it. If I had left the spot I had because I had to go to the bathroom or because I was dehydrated - that would be my fault. I wouldn't expect handouts or special treatment or anything else. That's childish and ridiculous. :fp:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Horos wrote:

Shit.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

:clap:

can we just end this thread please?
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos wrote:

Shit.
    I'll never even get close enough for 2nd hand smoke. :(
    #FHP
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    nevmiles wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    should have the hose out and spraying the mosh pit like in the old days
    But then how would people hold up their phones constantly to film the show/take pictures!?!?!?! Their phones would get wet!!!

well, I never considered that

all the more reason then to bring back the hose :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    edited October 2013
    I really don't think we should stop with water. I mean....I waited in line all day last week and I was STARVING by the time I got to the floor! The security guard wouldn't even give me a bite of his burger!!! So I had to feast on day old York Peppermint Patties that had been in my pocket all day and were squished. I must have looked like an idiot licking the wrappers to get 100% of each mint. My hands were so covered in chocolate that I couldn't even clap at the beginning of Corduroy!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!

I propose that 10c and the arena security deliver pizzas for all GA ticket holders to enjoy from the time they enter the floor until the band takes the stage. I am sure the band would want adequately fed members in the pit so nobody turns to cannibalism, rather than lose his or her space! I remember back in the 80's when they had vendors in the pit, just like at baseball games!!! C'mon 10c!!!
    Post edited by mookieblalock on
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    My hands were so covered in chocolate that I couldn't even clap at the beginning of Corduroy!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!

been there, so frustrating
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2