Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Andrew Coyne: Rob Ford’s good shot at re-election another example why we need to reform voting system

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... ng-system/

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are people from the suburbs that stupid?
    Remember how many people thought Sarah Palin was a good idea for vice-president?
    Never underestimate the stupidity of voters, from the burbs or otherwise. :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Andrew Coyne: Rob Ford’s good shot at re-election another example why we need to reform voting system

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... ng-system/

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are people from the suburbs that stupid?
    Remember how many people thought Sarah Palin was a good idea for vice-president?
    Never underestimate the stupidity of voters, from the burbs or otherwise. :fp:

agreed
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Happy to see this story hasn't gone away.

http://read.thestar.com/#!/article/51fb ... 02a2209327
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    really ... the best thing for us torontonians is for him to ride his own gravy train and enter into 2014 election without any controversies ... council is running the city now and for the most part are getting along without him getting involved ... the more controversies he brings forth - the more emboldened his supporters are because at the end of the day - they see it all as some conspiracy ... :fp:
  • The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

My opinion of Hulk Hogan just went down..... I wonder if he knows the deal with Ford? If he did, I doubt he would have let him win! .... Although Ford probably paid him off to do that!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    He took down The Hulkster!!! :shock:

Even Kwame is impressed

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvVhw1e3I6tPkN0qjcQlDV3tk6uR2AgvMuYbyoSPxh7R_5_mcr

:P
  • Jason P wrote:

Even Kwame is impressed

That picture reminds of the shirt with all of Darth Vader's expresions. Thanks for the chuckle!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

Jason P wrote:

Even Kwame is impressed

All he had to do was put his full body weight on the arm. Even the Hulkster can't hold that for long. :twisted:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    All he had to do was put his full body weight on the arm ....
    .... and a few bumps of crack can't hurt as well. Hulkster never had a chance :mrgreen:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiMApFLlJluS_9kJk1oVrGIIGaWB26dRfy2FdTqoJKjy2KeWla
  • byttermanbytterman Posts: 136
    fresh from the Globe a bit of plot-thickener...

Police have alleged crack video; Ford friend re-arrested in connection
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/live-alessandro-lisi-documents-released/article15163302/#dashboard/follows/
    I hope this has some affect on the voters, but if history tells us anything, no one who voted for this idiot will care. :? He went stumbling around the streets drunk a couple of months ago, causing a scene, and it was all on video, and no one batted an eye, so who cares if there is a video of him smoking crack?? :fp:
    :fp:

one more year of this jackass ...
    One more year (at least) of limitless headline possibilities! :P
    Jason P wrote:
    One more year (at least) of limitless headline possibilities! :P
    :corn: :corn: :corn:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    I hope this has some affect on the voters, but if history tells us anything, no one who voted for this idiot will care. :? He went stumbling around the streets drunk a couple of months ago, causing a scene, and it was all on video, and no one batted an eye, so who cares if there is a video of him smoking crack?? :fp:

I'm starting to think that you live in Toronto. ;)

And to Polaris with the "one more year of this jackass".........................We knew it would only be a matter of time before this happened. Hell who gets pulled over, or checked for a dubbie and then your whole world gets sucked into it for that charge. Only in Ameri ooooops, only in Toronto. But Blair I will not quote but did say there really isn't anything they can charge him for. Come on this guy is like John Belushi in Animal House running the city of Toronto.

Somebody just put the video or at least a parody on youtube so the public can have a laugh.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

Ford's now said that he sees no reason why a video of him smoking crack should be a reason for him to resign. :lol::lol::lol:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Ford's now said that he sees no reason why a video of him smoking crack should be a reason for him to resign. :lol::lol::lol:

Well he wasn't doing it on company time. And he did not use the city's money to purchase it. And if those people voted for him then he was really just buying a vote or two. And when you are hanging out with the homies, strange things end up on videos. Could be worse.....we could be waiting for the Rob Ford XXX video to surface. Ahhhhhh!

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    What an embarrassment.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Well he wasn't doing it on company time. And he did not use the city's money to purchase it. And if those people voted for him then he was really just buying a vote or two. And when you are hanging out with the homies, strange things end up on videos. Could be worse.....we could be waiting for the Rob Ford XXX video to surface. Ahhhhhh!
    Well even if you can dismiss the mayor of the third largest city in North America smoking crack with a bunch of gang bangers (I can't), what about all the lying about it? He's been denying everything for months.... also, isn't there a murder somewhere in this story? How much does Ford know about that?? I wouldn't be surprised if he does know something! .... Yeah, I'd say that any other mayor in the world would probably resign at this point. But not Rob Ford. He is definitely one of a kind! :lol:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Well even if you can dismiss the mayor of the third largest city in North America smoking crack with a bunch of gang bangers (I can't), what about all the lying about it? He's been denying everything for months.... also, isn't there a murder somewhere in this story? How much does Ford know about that?? I wouldn't be surprised if he does know something! .... Yeah, I'd say that any other mayor in the world would probably resign at this point. But not Rob Ford. He is definitely one of a kind! :lol:

Teflon Rob! ;)

I don't dismiss it. It is just so damn funny that all you can do is shake your head. The quote from the vid sums it up....."ahhhh, your not recording this are you?!!" Who would be stoopid enough to hit the pipe in a crack den while being the mayor? Then see you have been taped (do they still call it taped?) and then deny, deny, deny, I had to stir it up earlier in this thread just to be the anti to the haters. :)

honestly ... all you can do is laugh at this stage ...

the cops have surveillance of his buddy going into a dry cleaners and walking out with a pizza box!! ... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

really!?? ... a pizza box ... shit is too funny ...

and the dumbass mayor meets his drug dealer at a fucking esso gas station!?? ... how moronic do you have to be!??

:fp: :fp: :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

the cops have surveillance of his buddy going into a dry cleaners and walking out with a pizza box!! ... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and the dumbass mayor meets his drug dealer at a fucking esso gas station!?? ... how moronic do you have to be!??

It IS funny, for sure..... But it is also deeply disturbing. That fact that a man like this can still maintain a strong support base and can still walk around knowing that he's running the show despite his incredibly sordid history and present and can get away with all of this behaviour is terrifying to me. He's like the poster child for everything wrong with modern politics..... and in the end it is the CITIZENS who are letting it happen. APATHY. :nono: :fp:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It IS funny, for sure..... But it is also deeply disturbing. That fact that a man like this can still maintain a strong support base and can still walk around knowing that he's running the show despite his incredibly sordid history and present and can get away with all of this behaviour is terrifying to me. He's like the poster child for everything wrong with modern politics..... and in the end it is the CITIZENS who are letting it happen. APATHY. :nono: :fp:

pretty much why i've lost all hope in humanity ... :lol:

here's an article on his base ... http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/10 ... mayor.html

mostly seniors ... same people that send money to help friends stuck in Nigeria via Western Union ... :shock:
    Anyone in this thread read Stephen King's Under The Dome? (not the TV show - not the same at all)
    Rob Ford is TOTALLY Big Jim! And half of the people living in TO are the yokels in the town under the dome. That is bad! Very very bad!
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Anyone in this thread read Stephen King's Under The Dome? (not the TV show - not the same at all)
    Rob Ford is TOTALLY Big Jim! And half of the people living in TO are the yokels in the town under the dome. That is bad! Very very bad!

The half of the population that voted for Ford don't actually live in Toronto.
  • polaris_x wrote:

Should we speculate that Ford had that guy axed infront of the bar in a run around kind of way????

While watching the news last evening I enjoyed watching all the surveillance photos of him and his "driver". Who the hell just shows up and puts a white plastic bag in somebody's car? On more than a few occasions.

But, I think between his lawyers and the courts, he will probably ride this out for his year, or suffer one massive heart attack before the end of November.

like i've been saying ... business as usual is the best thing for the city ... he's not really doing anything although the whole subway fiasco is a joke ... let council run the city like they have been ... he's barely there anywhere - let him campaign for the year and hopefully, we can get enough of the non-voters out ...

for those who don't know ... half of toronto did not vote for this guy ... municipal elections have like the lowest turnout ... his base is strong for sure ... but most people in the city think he is an embarrassment ... we just don't need 5 different people running against him splitting the vote ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    like i've been saying ... business as usual is the best thing for the city ... he's not really doing anything although the whole subway fiasco is a joke ... let council run the city like they have been ... he's barely there anywhere - let him campaign for the year and hopefully, we can get enough of the non-voters out ...

for those who don't know ... half of toronto did not vote for this guy ... municipal elections have like the lowest turnout ... his base is strong for sure ... but most people in the city think he is an embarrassment ... we just don't need 5 different people running against him splitting the vote ...
    So having this guy as mayor is preferable to splitting the vote?

If this was happening with Vancouver's mayor I'm pretty sure the uproar and protests would be so intense he'd be forced to resign.... probably would have happened a long time ago. I don't really understand what's going on in Toronto, but even if everyone is disgusted, the overlying apathy about this guy is stunning. If Torontarians think this is how things would have gone in any other city, they're mistaken.