Charlotte NC Roll Call

Comments

• travissimotravissimo Posts: 10
    GA LOTTERY...can't wait!
  • go prego pre Posts: 642
    GA for me! first time 10c has come through in the ten years i've been a member. if this gets me near the front, it'll all be worth it. is it too early to ask when the 10c ticket window opens and when the venue opens?
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • bfieldsbfields Posts: 3
    Did anyone get shut out on Charlotte? I have not seen anyone bitching yet... We were lucky enough to each get wrigley tickets. Sold the extra pair to another ten club member. For face value of course! But lied to our friends at home and said we only had one pair. Nothing but loyal! My number may be low just because I joined later in life, but nothing will compare to that '96 show at memorial stadium. And this one will make 13. Where are we meeting for beers before?
  • mwmorrisonmwmorrison Posts: 40
    alex_sc wrote:
    alex_sc wrote:
    For those in or around Charlotte, any thoughts on the Blake Hotel? It's $112/night if you pre-purchase and that's better than most of the places I'm seeing within walking distance. Reviews seem mixed, though.

Never mind on this...Priceline was running an express deal so I'll be at the Omni. Thanks, William Shatner.

Good. I was about to tell how sketchy the Blake can be. :)
    8/4/00, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 9/21/12, 10/29/13, 10/30/13, 10/12/14
  • iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    bfields wrote:
    Did anyone get shut out on Charlotte? I have not seen anyone bitching yet... We were lucky enough to each get wrigley tickets. Sold the extra pair to another ten club member. For face value of course! But lied to our friends at home and said we only had one pair. Nothing but loyal! My number may be low just because I joined later in life, but nothing will compare to that '96 show at memorial stadium. And this one will make 13. Where are we meeting for beers before?

1996 was beyond epic!! Amsterdam 2 last year was a mindblower...and wife and I are lucky enough to have Wrigley Reserved/Lower Bowl Friday night!! And...back in hometown Charlotte in October. Life is good right? :D
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • bfields wrote:

I did. Looking for a spare GA, not bitching, just searching.
  • senoiachucksenoiachuck Posts: 106
    My wife and I will be there. Got 1st choice reserved because i'm old. 199,xxx. Cant wait. The set in London looks encouraging.
  • alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    mwmorrison wrote:
    Good. I was about to tell how sketchy the Blake can be. :)

Glad I switched it up!

It just hit me today that this is still 3 months away. Ugh. Need show now.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • JM44800JM44800 Posts: 106
    local show for me, I will be there!!!!
  • GremmieOOCGremmieOOC Posts: 167
    Flying down for the day from Rochester, NY. Then flying back the next morning to be home in time for trick or treating. Seated 143xxx. See you all there.
    Buffalo '96, Montreal '98, Saratoga '00, Toronto '03, Hamilton '05, Cleveland '06, MSG I '08, Mansfield I '08, Hamilton '11, Hartford '13, Charlotte '13
    EV-Montreal '08, Albany '09, Hartford '11
  • Got reserved for Charlottesville and Charlotte 141xxx. Now the fun of booking the hotel and getting the pre-party on!! Can't Wait!!!
  • dendron8 wrote:
    will be driving down from Raleigh - won GA tix! first PJ show since VA Beach in '08, totally stoked to see them again. Member 177xxx.

... and (hopefully not opening a can of worms) I wish they would come back to Raleigh... :)

I will put a vote in for Raleigh also!!!! :D
  • Allspread wrote:
    See you all there -

Unless it has changed since last year, Time Warner is a TOUGH place to get a beer. They do not sell alcohol on the floor. If you have a GA pit ticket, you are going to have to walk all the way through the back of the floor, and all the way to the top of the 100 level to the concourse and then stand in line with the entire arena to get a drink. Long, long lines.

If one of the Charlotte locals will chime in this has changed, I'll be happy to hear it -

flask, man. carry a flask.
    Vytis33 wrote:
    Booked over at the Hampton Inn-Uptown. Just a few blocks from the venue. Now if a local can recommend the best watering holes in walking distance that would be great.

Last time I was there it was for a 2009 Springsteen show and a bunch of us tailgated in a parking lot.

Stayed there for Panic Nye 2 years in a row, staying there for this too. Free shuttle to the show, plenty of watering holes nearby. I've got rec's if needed

I was also at the Charlotte 96 show
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Coming from Berkhamsted in UK
    Part of the on-going PJ world tour.

Have tickets for Charlottesville and Charlotte, hope to get Baltimore in the TM public sale.

Any views on Halloween in Charlotte NC vs. Charleston SC?
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • milan wrote:

Have tickets for Charlottesville and Charlotte, hope to get Baltimore in the TM public sale.

i live in Charleston...for Halloween I'd stay in Charlotte. Cheers.
  • AtticusAtticus Posts: 12
    This will be one of the extremely rare times that I don't have to travel for Pearl Jam. My office is about 4 blocks from the arena. 8-)
    Ice Palace - Aug 12, 2000 * Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000 * Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000 * The Showbox - Dec 06, 2002 * Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002 * Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002 * Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003 * Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11, 2003 * St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003 * HSBC Arena - May 02, 2003 * Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003 * Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003 * Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004 * Colonial Center - Jun 16, 2008 * Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008 * Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008 * PJ20
  • Spare GA anyone?

Please PM
  • HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 498
    Will be there. Won GA Tix, coming from Atlanta. Pretty jacked up!!
  • bfbeck3bfbeck3 Posts: 24
    milan wrote:

I live in Chas. Don't know anything about Charlotte for Halloween but I wouldn't recommend Chas.
    Memphis '00 Little Rock '03 Pensacola '12 Charlotte '13 Greenville '16 Columbia '16
  • I'll be there! Won reserved seats, my first choice. I was also at Columbia 08 and you are all right it was an awesome show. We're staying at The Aloft, looks like it's right around the corner from the arena. Looks like there is a Carolina Ale House close by, possible pre-show meet up spot?
  • vinnmann11vinnmann11 Posts: 65
    Booked a room at the Hyatt House, which looks to be right there at the arena. A little pricey, but I don't mind that I'll be within stumbling distance to the hotel!

Got my 2nd choice of reserved seats. Also booked at the Hyatt House right at the arena. Flying in from Orlando and taking the Sprinter bus from the airport to the Charlotte CTA which is right across the street. Can't wait! Anyone know if the reserved seats will be floor & 100's or will it include 200's also?
    Pre-1013...Married to a buzzkill...
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Dallas 2013
    Oklahoma City 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Milwaukee 2014
    Denver 2014
  • Heading here as well with the wife after attending the Charlottesville show night prior! Reserved seats. This is a pretty good venue as we've seen RHCP and Foo Fighters before and for sure didn't have as good seats as we hope to this time! I might start a new thread to see just how many other folks are doing these two VA/NC shows back to back.

I'm in for the 2!! Wanted to throw Bmore in the mix but not sure I can get off.
  • bburg1551bburg1551 Posts: 39
    I'll 100% be there!!! Second ever concert. Second ever PJ show. Not bad for a 17 year old, don't you think?
  • Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    bburg1551 wrote:
    I'll 100% be there!!! Second ever concert. Second ever PJ show. Not bad for a 17 year old, don't you think?

Nice! My first rock concert was PJ at Summerfest in Milwaukee in 1995, AND I was 17 at the time also! Damn, I'm feelin' old now. :lol: Luckily for me though, it wasn't on a school night. If you need someone to write you an excuse for classes on Wednesday, we'll work something out for ya at the pre-party. :D
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 19
    Is there going to be a pre-party?
    Don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved!
  • pearljammer23pearljammer23 Pinehurst, NC Posts: 31
    Carolina Ale House is a great choice for pre-party. Anyone have any connections in the area?
    "Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved."--ARISTOTLE

• THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Plenty of bars around....depends on what type of scene you are looking for.
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • So very excited for this show. I've been in Charlotte for 11 years now and love how the city has transformed itself over that time. It really is a great town and I hope that 10 club visitors will enjoy their stay in our fair city.

My buddy Mike from Chicago (who I met at PJ20) will be making the trip out here and we'll be in the reserved seats (which by my count based on the arena schematic on Ticketmaster, there are 764 seats behind GA on the floor).

Can't wait for Oct 30th. It will be my 10th show.
    "Hail, Hail the lucky ones...I refer to those in love"
    Mansfield, MA 9/16/98, 8/29/00
    Charlotte, NC 4/16/03, 10/30/13 (10th Show!!)
    Atlanta, GA 4/19/03, 9/22/12
    Asheville, NC 10/6/04
    Columbia, SC 6/16/08, 4/21/16
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Greenville, SC 4/16/16
  • tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,686
    halloween costumes appropriate?
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    PJinMaine wrote:
    I'm in....Wanted GA but got Reserved.....Booked the Omni the day tour was announced....Priceline.

Moved to the South 5 years ago...Seen some Epic Shows from all over including PJ20 at Alpine.

150-xxx

I scored reserved! Will be flying into Atlanta to hook up with my college roommate on the 29th and drive to the show the morning of the 30th. She has never seen them before so she can't wait although she is just a casual fan. After going to Wrigley, I'm super stoked!! How much did the room at the Omni cost on priceline? Set up reservations there the day the tour was announced but it is a bit pricey even at the AAA rate.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.