Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The real Bob and Doug ...

378097_10152850279945524_626768680_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

between toronto and london and the provincial government we have some real great leadership in Ontario ... I don't want to even think about the leaders of the opposition and 3rd party ... we're fucked :fp: :fp: :fp:.

I propose changing our welcome signs ... Ontario Now A Cesspool :lol::lol::lol:, elect me tourism minister :lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    dignin wrote:
    Of course it is. Rob Ford made it go away. But hopefully not forever. He's not exactly dealing with geniuses, but perhaps they were at least smart enough to have made a copy just in case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dignin wrote:
    Of course it is. Rob Ford made it go away. But hopefully not forever. He's not exactly dealing with geniuses, but perhaps they were at least smart enough to have made a copy just in case.

well ... there are a number of scenarios as it relates to this video ... what we do know tho is that the video is real not because of the reporters who saw it but because spanky himself told his staff where the video was ...

really - it's just about getting to October 2014 when we can properly dispose of this jack ass ...
    Nah .... He fits right in with this province ... And the 2 genius premiers currently running Ontario. If this province mattered any more we'd really look like a joke ;)

• Okay let's get off Rob Ford for a minute and ask ourselves how these people saw this video. Did some dude show up and say, "hey why don't you check this out?". He or they sure didn't send it over an email. What were these journalists doing with crack dealers? What a repetitive question that is starting to grate on me. And if it was sent via an email, how come there is no copy? And if these reporters were watching it with nobody around, how come they didn't have a good idea like pulling out their cell phone and videoing the video? Maybe they were enjoying a hit from the glass pipe, sitting in Etobicoke, watching the video and that video that I've seen of them doing just that was too expensive for me to purchase. Just produce the fucking thing or go away!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Okay let's get off Rob Ford for a minute and ask ourselves how these people saw this video. Did some dude show up and say, "hey why don't you check this out?". He or they sure didn't send it over an email. What were these journalists doing with crack dealers? What a repetitive question that is starting to grate on me. And if it was sent via an email, how come there is no copy? And if these reporters were watching it with nobody around, how come they didn't have a good idea like pulling out their cell phone and videoing the video? Maybe they were enjoying a hit from the glass pipe, sitting in Etobicoke, watching the video and that video that I've seen of them doing just that was too expensive for me to purchase. Just produce the fucking thing or go away!

Gawker and the Toronto Star were contacted through an intermediate, all your questions will be answered in the links below

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2 ... andal.html

http://gawker.com/for-sale-a-video-of-t ... -507736569
    Okay let's get off Rob Ford for a minute and ask ourselves how these people saw this video. Did some dude show up and say, "hey why don't you check this out?". He or they sure didn't send it over an email. What were these journalists doing with crack dealers? What a repetitive question that is starting to grate on me. And if it was sent via an email, how come there is no copy? And if these reporters were watching it with nobody around, how come they didn't have a good idea like pulling out their cell phone and videoing the video? Maybe they were enjoying a hit from the glass pipe, sitting in Etobicoke, watching the video and that video that I've seen of them doing just that was too expensive for me to purchase. Just produce the fucking thing or go away!

sorry ... but these are not very good questions ...

every media outlet has reported that the video was put up for sale ... the people who saw the video were to comply to certain rules ... if you actually read the story ... the people who saw the video were taken to a place in rexdale where they watched it ... it was obviously not emailed and it would be impossible to copy or videotape during the viewing ... when the video was watched - it was obviously with other people around ... what on earth would make you think drug dealers would let reporters watch it by themselves or email it?

this is the nature of dealing with drug dealers ... the video exists because of the following:

* 3 separate people saw it
    * ford told his staff where it was - hence the mass walk out on him
    * corroborating stories of the ford's family's connection to drugs
    does anybody outside toronto really care ... i find it amusing, but don't care who the mayor of toronto is or what substances he his putting into his body ... :lol::lol::lol:

lukin2006 wrote:
    does anybody outside toronto really care ... i find it amusing, but don't care who the mayor of toronto is or what substances he his putting into his body ... :lol::lol::lol:

It's a great story.
    lukin2006 wrote:

care is a subjective word ... it is kinda interesting its made so many major media outlets and tv shows tho ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

care is a subjective word ... it is kinda interesting its made so many major media outlets and tv shows tho ...

only because he's behaving badly, is amusing to people and people just love gossip.

dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's a great story.
    It really is a great story. :corn:
    But also, I care because he sets a really bad precedent for what Canadians in general will vote for and put up with. I want him to go down in flames so that other megalomaniacs like him might think twice before they decide they can get away with anything while in office, and so voters can be shaken out of their apathy as well... I know that's wishful thinking, but every little bit helps I guess.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's a great story.
    But also, I care because he sets a really bad precedent for what Canadians in general will vote for and put up with. I want him to go down in flames so that other megalomaniacs like him might think twice before they decide they can get away with anything while in office, and so voters can be shaken out of their apathy as well... I know that's wishful thinking, but every little bit helps I guess.

Not the kind of guy I'd vote for ... but since I don't waste my timing voting kind of a moot point with me. If he was doing a great job and no controversy then not 1 story would be written ... so it may make a good story in the end of the day it makes better gossip for people.

lukin2006 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dignin wrote:

It's a great story.

Not the kind of guy I'd vote for ... but since I don't waste my timing voting kind of a moot point with me. If he was doing a great job and no controversy then not 1 story would be written ... so it may make a good story in the end of the day it makes better gossip for people.
    Have to disagree. This story is not just gossip. A corrupt politician is worthwhile news IMO - it's important news. If he were doing a good job the stories would be about various good things happening in Toronto, and, come election time, about how he was doing well in the polls without controversy.
    All that's been happening in Toronto and provincially with the liberals lies about the cancelled gas plants and deleted emails has done is convince me even more that we need the right to recall legislation.

More layers, this will never end

A Pipe-Wielding Thug Stormed the Rob Ford Crackhouse, Seeking Video

http://gawker.com/a-pipe-wielding-thug- ... -511642073
    dignin wrote:

:lol:
    dignin wrote:

not hard to believe ... the video is apparently worth 200 grand :lol::lol::lol:

• polaris_x wrote:

every media outlet has reported that the video was put up for sale ... the people who saw the video were to comply to certain rules ... if you actually read the story ... the people who saw the video were taken to a place in rexdale where they watched it ... it was obviously not emailed and it would be impossible to copy or videotape during the viewing ... when the video was watched - it was obviously with other people around ... what on earth would make you think drug dealers would let reporters watch it by themselves or email it?

this is the nature of dealing with drug dealers ... the video exists because of the following:

Can't anybody have fun anymore? It was and is a knock on the fact that nobody wanted to cough up the money yet they keep chirping about the video. Either get your hands on it or let it go away.

Like I said before.....Ford probably purchased it himself.

"Any other questions?" :?:

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

polaris_x wrote:

Can't anybody have fun anymore? It was and is a knock on the fact that nobody wanted to cough up the money yet they keep chirping about the video. Either get your hands on it or let it go away.

Like I said before.....Ford probably purchased it himself.

"Any other questions?" :?:
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.... If not, well, I think it's not a very good idea to let something like this go away because the person in question bribed someone to make it go away. I mean, who are we going to believe?? Some reporters and some city hall staff, or Rob fucking Ford??? I'm going with the former!!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I was watching a video report and the tape was shot in Toronto's Little Mogadishu neighborhood ....

:think:

It's never a good sign when your city has a Little Mogadishu neighborhood. You should be striving for a Little Italy, perhaps even a Little Russia. :geek:
    Jason P wrote:
    I was watching a video report and the tape was shot in Toronto's Little Mogadishu neighborhood ....

:think:

It's never a good sign when your city has a Little Mogadishu neighborhood. You should be striving for a Little Italy, perhaps even a Little Russia. :geek:

:lol::lol:

we have it all here ... during soccer world cup ... pretty much no matter who plays ... there will be cars honking horns and flying flags ...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    this thread title reminds me of the bud light commercial with conan o'brien saying "vroom vroom, party starter" in a german accent....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    If you are going to be considered the center of the universe you have to have it all ;):lol::lol::lol:

Andrew Coyne: Rob Ford’s good shot at re-election another example why we need to reform voting system

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... ng-system/

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

lukin2006 wrote:
    Andrew Coyne: Rob Ford’s good shot at re-election another example why we need to reform voting system

Are people from the suburbs that stupid?
    dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Are people from the suburbs that stupid?

voters are stupid period ... but in his case if you get 3 or 4 candidates splitting 60% of the vote on the left and 40% of the vote on the right and he's the only candidate who represent the right ... he could win.

as for voters being stupid of course they are ... hell the corruption, the greed and wasted money in Ontario politics is just ridiculous these days ... all just vote buying ... I stay clear of the voting booths.