Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

dignindignin Posts: 9,303
edited December 2013 in A Moving Train
I'm thinking about throwing $5 at this because I really would like to see the video. But I could see how some people might have moral objections about giving money to something like this, considering the money will eventually go to alleged drug dealers. What does AMT think?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rob-ford-crackstarter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Judging by the guys oblivian to what he does and seems to not care. I wouldn't donate any money to this fund, as I know damn well it was not the first time he has probably visited a place like that. Just the dealers are too stupid to not have it on video on the previous visits.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I only donate money to the Jason P Foundation.

PM me if you would like to donate.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Jason P wrote:
    I only donate money to the Jason P Foundation.

PM me if you would like to donate.

No problem, but I would need to see a video of you smoking crack in return.

I needs my fix
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the only thing more embarrassing than this guy are the people who voted for him and still support him ... :fp:

as for the video - i wouldn't pay for it ... it doesn't really change my impression of him ... the city just wants to get to october 2014 so we can be rid of him in an election ... council is pretty much running the city without him ... he doesn't do anything ... so, to have an election for an interim mayor makes no sense ... if he steps down - let doug holyday run the city ...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm not Canadian, but I can think of better things to do with a fiver than put it toward this "fluid situation".
    Jon Stewart's bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlu2K0cPLA

and it's true.....we are all on crack
    $200,000 goal reached. Let's see if it was all worth it.

I did not donate by the way.
    dignin wrote:

I did not donate by the way.

guy has disappeared ... money will get donated to charity ... it's kinda surprising to see people actually kept donating after they said the guy disappeared ...

anyways ... without getting into too much details ... i know someone who knows his press secretary who resigned today ... apparently ford is more of a dufus than he appears ... :fp:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Maybe the guy disappeared or went underground because the video was fake or doctored in some way.

So now is the Toronto Star now becoming just a tabloid newspaper?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Maybe the guy disappeared or went underground because the video was fake or doctored in some way.

it's really hard to doctor videos ... pictures maybe ... the guy went underground because:

a) his life was threatened
    b) he sold the video to someone else who doesn't want it shown

ford's chief of staff (was fired) and his two press secretaries quit ... his primary staff are made up of ex-football players who will protect him ... two aides have been interviewed by the toronto police ...

the guy is definitely a crack head amongst other substance abuse issues ... everyone knows it ... why it hasn't been much of a story till now is simply because he doesn't really do anything at city hall ... so, everyone is content to let him finish his term and run the city without him ...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    For 1 % of the cost of the video talked about in the OP-- for a mere two hundred dollars-- I would post photos of my cat shredding toilet paper and I guarantee you would find that much more amusing than watch some red faced politician smoking crack.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    For 1 % of the cost of the video talked about in the OP-- for a mere two hundred dollars-- I would post photos of my cat shredding toilet paper and I guarantee you would find that much more amusing than watch some red faced politician smoking crack.

I agree I would ... I have 0 use for any politician.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

it's really hard to doctor videos ... pictures maybe ... the guy went underground because:

a) his life was threatened
    b) he sold the video to someone else who doesn't want it shown

ford's chief of staff (was fired) and his two press secretaries quit ... his primary staff are made up of ex-football players who will protect him ... two aides have been interviewed by the toronto police ...

the guy is definitely a crack head amongst other substance abuse issues ... everyone knows it ... why it hasn't been much of a story till now is simply because he doesn't really do anything at city hall ... so, everyone is content to let him finish his term and run the city without him ...

I haven't paid that much attention to it ... I just find the thing mildly amusing thats all. Anyone who has faith in the government or any politicians ... well enough said ... well actually no ... i'll say it again their corrupt :lol::lol:

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I just want to see Rob Ford hung up to dry. I don't care how it's done. If it takes people giving money to Gawker, then so be it. That guy is a maniac, and I just want to see him go down in flames! The more spectacular the crash the better. :corn:

.... I wonder if there really is a video??? The idea of him smoking crack doesn't surprise me at all, but the idea of a video of him doing it being in existence seems somewhat questionable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Toronto police spoke to Mayor Ford’s senior staffer after tip linked killing to alleged drug video

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor ... e12163629/

this is stuff you'd expect to read about Detroit politics ... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just hope the good people of Toronto have enough sense to not re - elect ... unlike Detroit with that kind of headline and nonsense going on he'd be a lock for re-election ... :lol::lol::lol:

it's pretty clear there is indeed a video ... one of his aides knew where the video was ...

everyone has been trying to get ford to get help for months now ...

as for his supporters ... they are steadfast ... like i said to many - this sort of thing won't change their opinion because they operate on a mandate of us vs. them ... it's like how people will continue to vote conservative despite all their missteps ...
    polaris_x wrote:

as for his supporters ... they are steadfast ... like i said to many - this sort of thing won't change their opinion because they operate on a mandate of us vs. them ... it's like how people will continue to vote conservative despite all their missteps ...

see my problem is this statement applies to all parties ... it's no different than the liberals of the last 9 years in Ontario, the conservatives before them, the same as federal politics. Unfortunately until so many people quit aligning themselves with a particular party or person and demand transparency and accountability nothing will change...and I don't personally think anything will change.

lukin2006 wrote:
    see my problem is this statement applies to all parties ... it's no different than the liberals of the last 9 years in Ontario, the conservatives before them, the same as federal politics. Unfortunately until so many people quit aligning themselves with a particular party or person and demand transparency and accountability nothing will change...and I don't personally think anything will change.

i would agree and disagree ... i would say that the fall of the liberal party of canada is proof that isn't necessarily the case ... the thing with the conservatives is they are never gonna drop below that 30% mark ... they got their majority through vote splitting and people abandoning the liberal party ...

i do think there is a significant level of partisanship amongst voters ... but i would say the loyalty to said party is strongest amongst conservatives ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i would agree and disagree ... i would say that the fall of the liberal party of canada is proof that isn't necessarily the case ... the thing with the conservatives is they are never gonna drop below that 30% mark ... they got their majority through vote splitting and people abandoning the liberal party ...

i do think there is a significant level of partisanship amongst voters ... but i would say the loyalty to said party is strongest amongst conservatives ...

Agreed. We could only hope for a Reform Party type movement on the right to split those votes. Which if the CONS stay in power long enough it could happen.
    :lol::lol::lol: all parties have a solid base that supports them no matter what ... but it don't matter to me, liberal, conservatives, NDP, greens their all corrupt, they all have their own agenda ... it's called power and greed, fleece the taxpayer. All politicians do is leech off the productivity of others ... the last politician that did whole lot for the canadian people was Tommy Douglas and that was an awful long time ago.

lukin2006 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: all parties have a solid base that supports them no matter what ... but it don't matter to me, liberal, conservatives, NDP, greens their all corrupt, they all have their own agenda ... it's called power and greed, fleece the taxpayer. All politicians do is leech off the productivity of others ... the last politician that did whole lot for the canadian people was Tommy Douglas and that was an awful long time ago.

what have you got on the greens? ... honestly, it might be the party best suited for you ...
    dignin wrote:

Looks like we may be in for a bit of a wait till this endeavor meets its conclusion.

http://gawker.com/thank-you-the-rob-for ... -510094141
    In the meantime you can read up on the Ford family’s history with drug dealing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor ... 14/?page=1
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

what have you got on the greens? ... honestly, it might be the party best suited for you ...

The green party has already proven to me they have know integrity ... wasn't May being offered a senate seat if Layton and Dion successfully created a coalition government ... just another one wanting to feed at the government trough.

lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

The green party has already proven to me they have know integrity ... wasn't May being offered a senate seat if Layton and Dion successfully created a coalition government ... just another one wanting to feed at the government trough.

Huh? I've never heard of this. And what was in it for Layton and Dion if May was in senate? Doesn't add up. Maybe you have more info than me.
    dignin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Huh? I've never heard of this. And what was in it for Layton and Dion if May was in senate? Doesn't add up. Maybe you have more info than me.

Elizabeth May discusses Senate seat with Dion

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... cle664338/

dignin wrote:

this was during coalition talks ... she supported the idea of a coalition to prevent harper from winning ... they discussed a senate appointment fairly openly at the time ...
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up guys. You learn something new everyday.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    dignin wrote:
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up guys. You learn something new everyday.
    So now you're voting Green Party next election, right? :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    This guy is bushleague.

Our U.S. capital had a mayor get arrested for free basing cocaine in a widely distributed video, did time in the federal pen (while still holding the title of mayor of Washington D.C.) ... and got re-elected after he served his time.

I don't even want to go down the laundry list that the Playa Mayor compiled. It's impressive.

Once again you Canadians fail to impress us.

:yawn: