Gary Clark Jr.

Comments

• papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    intodeep wrote:
    anyone have he itunes session?
    is it worth getting i have the album, bright lights ep,and gary clark jr ep
    Bought and listened to it today. Sounds really good.
    :corn:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    intodeep wrote:
    anyone have he itunes session?
    is it worth getting i have the album, bright lights ep,and gary clark jr ep
    Bought and listened to it today. Sounds really good.
    :corn:
    ok twist my arm i'll get it tonight :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Seeing him do his thing Tuesday night, and what a wonderful thing it is. :D
    I finally get to cross him off my list tonight.
    SUPER excited for him to melt my face off
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    intodeep wrote:

how was it ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

how was it ?
    i've not been out in public since. :cry:
    He melted my face right off. Its horrible. :cry:

I'll never miss a Gary show when he is in town. Dude flat our jammed.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    intodeep wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

how was it ?
    i've not been out in public since. :cry:
    He melted my face right off. Its horrible. :cry:

I'll never miss a Gary show when he is in town. Dude flat our jammed.

awesome, I doubt I'll be seeing him in Toronto, missed out on tickets and scalpers are asking $100 :?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Letterman - Next Door Neighbor Blues
    http://youtu.be/eC5oi6l0VmM
    I miss igotid88
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 625
    Can't wait for the Apollo show!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    seeing him Nov 26th Looking forward to it. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Jenfarr wrote:

Gonna go see him at terminal 5 sat night and I can't fucken wait. This fucker seems like a can't miss show and gonna have to see. Super excited!
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    igotid88 wrote:
    Letterman - Next Door Neighbor Blues
    http://youtu.be/eC5oi6l0VmM

I wish he'd play more stuff like this. I like his album, but it's kinda all over the place as far as styles.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Got tickets for KOL in D.C., he's opening up for them. Should be a great concert.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• badbrains wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:

Gonna go see him at terminal 5 sat night and I can't fucken wait. This fucker seems like a can't miss show and gonna have to see. Super excited!

Me, too. Can't wait. Saw him at Crossroads Guitarfest in April at MSG. All those amazing guitarists, and his "side stage" the first night with the kick drum was clearly one of the highlights. His "main stage" night 2 was mind blowing. He definitely filled that room. I think he might blow the roof off of T5. :shock: :D
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    After missing him countless times at various places for different reasons...just got word that I FINALLY GET TO SEE HIM TUESDAY!!!! :D:D So excited.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    Can't fucken wait till sat! This is gonna be 1 sick show!!!!
    badbrains wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:

Me, too. Can't wait. Saw him at Crossroads Guitarfest in April at MSG. All those amazing guitarists, and his "side stage" the first night with the kick drum was clearly one of the highlights. His "main stage" night 2 s mind b'ng He definitely filled that room. I think he might blow the roof off of T5. :shock: :D

Saw him at MIA, but that's it. Not a big Terminal 5 fan, so I'm happy we got Apollo tix (as I've never been there). 3 days away!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
    What an incredible and fun show last night!!! He is one hell of a musician and exceeded my already high expectations. Before yesterday he was one of those artists I kept on missing for one reason or another, so I'm really happy I finally got to see him! He definitely lives up to all his well-deserved praise.
    ~not a dude~
  • samjam wrote:
    What an incredible and fun show last night!!! He is one hell of a musician and exceeded my already high expectations. Before yesterday he was one of those artists I kept on missing for one reason or another, so I'm really happy I finally got to see him! He definitely lives up to all his well-deserved praise.
    I never heard of him until I've learned he and John Mayer joined the Rolling Stones in New Jersey on December 15, 2012. I've became more intrigued about him due to the fact that he played at the Orion Festival (created by Metallica), Made In America Festival (founded by Jay Z) both last year. I will see him at Danforth Music Hall in Toronto this upcoming Monday. GA Floor. I bought my ticket during the pre-sale on Wednesday, June 20. I know there was the VIP pre-sale on Thursday, June 21, but I would be on a cruise in Tahiti that day and Internet was really slow and costly so I bought the ticket shortly before I was in the cruise. Good decision as this show is completely sold out. I might see him again opening for Kings of Leon on February 26, 2014. I'm sure he will be big enough one day to play arenas/amphitheatres so I should cherish seeing him play in smaller venues as much as possible.
    samjam wrote:

Fuck ya! Sick! Neve heard of him till I saw the jay-z doc mia. Guy looks like he can whale on a guitar! T5 sat night, shit, I'm gonna literally lose my fucken mind!
    Can anyone seen him lately report if there is an opening act? What time does he come on? Ticket says 8PM...

Thanks.
    Jenfarr wrote:
    Can anyone seen him lately report if there is an opening act? What time does he come on? Ticket says 8PM...

Thanks.
    Check with the venue. For his 2 shows in DC yesterday and on Tuesday, 1st night there were two openers and he came on at 10, 2nd night there was one opener and he came on at 9:30.

I only went night 1 and caught the 2nd opener, a lady named Alice Smith. Cool style, dug her by the end of her set!
    ~not a dude~
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    samjam wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:

Thanks.
    Check with the venue. For his 2 shows in DC yesterday and on Tuesday, 1st night there were two openers and he came on at 10, 2nd night there was one opener and he came on at 9:30.

I only went night 1 and caught the 2nd opener, a lady named Alice Smith. Cool style, dug her by the end of her set!
    Good suggestion Sam! Jen, I called Apollo, they said there's one opening act from 8-8:45. Gary Clark Jr goes on at 9 and should be done by 11. Phew, I won't rush to be there by 8 then (work's kicking my ass today).
    Suziemay wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Jenfarr wrote:

Thanks.

Good suggestion Sam! Jen, I called Apollo, they said there's one opening act from 8-8:45. Gary Clark Jr goes on at 9 and should be done by 11. Phew, I won't rush to be there by 8 then (work's kicking my ass today).

Yeah, I checked around the interweb and found out Alice Smith is opening. Thanks for the timing info. Suziemay as we have dinner a rez in the neighborhood for 6:30, so we won't have to rush.
  • Just got home from Terminal 5 show.

:shock: 8-) :ugeek:

That is all.
  • Had to follow up on my splendid Sunday early morning review.

This show was so good. Had 2 short openers and he came on at 10:15 and played 2 hours. Wild Feathers was actually pretty good. Might have to check them out a bit more (Max Frost was good too, but I'm sure you can find similar around. Just my thought. At least he was entertaining to pass the time in GA waiting for Gary).

As for Gary Clark Jr - if you get a chance, see him now. I can't imagine you'll be able to see him in this small a place for $30 much longer. (And if you haven't listened to him - do. There's not much out there that sounds like him.).

He moved from BB to Albert Kings to Jimi to his own stuff which ranged from Blues to R&B to straight out rock.

Best part was my 14 year old son wanted to get as close as possible, and he was lucky enough to get 2nd from rail only behind a conveniently short woman right in front of Gary (you know you are close when the mic stand is an obstruction :lol: ). I will have to post a couple pics when I get around to uploading them. Would have been great show from anywhere in the building as his guitar work is just unbelievable, but it's nice to be able to see all the expression in his face and hands up close.

So, within a month's period I've now been 10 feet or less form Mike McCready and Gary Clark Jr. 8-)
  • I loved Gary's show last night at Danforth Music Hall in Toronto, even though I was really tired. I got to the venue at 6:30 PM and was surprised to see only 5 people in the line-up. I'm glad because I've learned a few days before that the first 20 (reduced to 19) would get a free Limited Edition Poster. I was at the rail holding my poster in my arms the whole time. Almost two hours of greatness. My favourite moment was during the 2nd solo of When My Train Pulls In as it was a lot heavier than the studio version. It's funny because the 2nd solo in the studio is actually my least favourite part of the song as I find the solo being more noise than art but what I saw last night I was like: "HOLY S***!" :lol: . I would definitely go see him again, but I don't know if I will go see him open for Kings of Leon on February 26.
    Great live show! It was awesome to get his autograph too. Nice to have seen him in a small venue. Dude is gonna be big soon.
    Jenfarr wrote:

Thanks.
    Yeah there was an opening act. They were called the Mueller Brothers. They came on about 8:30 pm.

Gary Clark JR, came on about 9:45pm