******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I guess that link didn't work. It was basically bashing Shady and rightfully so.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

I guess that link didn't work. It was basically bashing Shady and rightfully so.

oh was that the phil sheridan article?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    oh was that the phil sheridan article?

yes
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    My $95 tix just went up to $105. Another UGH for Philadelphia sports right now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Chip Kelly was at the Wing Bowl and has decided to go back to Oregon now :lol: . Anyone here ever go? I've never been.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Chip Kelly was at the Wing Bowl and has decided to go back to Oregon now :lol: . Anyone here ever go? I've never been.

to me there is nothing more embarrassing about philly fans than wing bowl. don't get me started... :nono:
    and i like the Ravens over the Niners - say 27-19
    pjhawks wrote:
    and i like the Ravens over the Niners - say 27-19

kinda like the ravens too. but am having an awful time getting a read on this game. something like 24-20.

wing bowl is the worst.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:

couldn't pay me to attend. typifies the philly fans IMO.

Also, from what I saw on comcast...kelly came off as a HUUUGE tool
    Whomever is responsible for having all the Philly threads closed, please stop.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    no, what happened today does not mean mike vick will be the eagles quarterback next year.

i'd be shocked if he is still on the roster come training camp.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    no, what happened today does not mean mike vick will be the eagles quarterback next year.

i'd be shocked if he is still on the roster come training camp.

Any chance we have a coaching staff by then? :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    yeah...maybe it really is a college guy and they are waiting until after national signing day? :? i thought it was donnatel and that he'd be signed by now. who knows.

here's an odd story i just found about that ray rhodes coaching tree :o :

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/02 ... p-call-40/

Eagles Wake-Up Call: The Bizarre Ray Rhodes Factor

If you want to win a Super Bowl, it’s probably best to just hire a former Ray Rhodes assistant to be your head coach.

Worked for Baltimore. John Harbaugh spent most of his time in Philadelphia working for Andy Reid, but it was Rhodes who hired him to be the Eagles’ special teams coordinator back in 1998. Harbaugh spent Sunday night dancing in confetti. He now has a .675 win percentage, three AFC Championship Game appearances and a Super Bowl title in five seasons with the Ravens.

That is not Rhodes’ only claim to Lombardi fame. Not by a long shot. Rhodes gave Sean Payton his first gig in the NFL when he named him quarterbacks coach of the Eagles in 1997. Payton got a ring with the Saints in 2009. Green Bay won it all the following year. Packers head coach Mike McCarthy was Rhodes’ QB coach in Green Bay in ’99.

Then there’s Jon Gruden, who got his first NFL coordinator job when Rhodes brought him to Philadelphia in ’95. Gruden won a championship with the Bucs in 2002. The head coach across the sidelines for the Raiders in that Super Bowl? Bill Callahan, who was the Eagles’ offensive line coach under Rhodes from ’95-97.

In all, three of the last four Super Bowls have been won by a head coach with a very specific Ray Rhodes connection. It is pretty bizarre, and really not getting enough attention.

Consider that level of potency compared to Reid’s coaching tree. Besides Harbaugh, Reid has seen assistants Brad Childress, Steve Spagnuolo, Leslie Frazier, Ron Rivera and Pat Shurmur move on to secure head coaching jobs. Those five have just one playoff victory as head coach between them.

Say what you want about Rhodes, but he had an eye for coaching talent.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    beat it demetrius bell. thanks for nothing.
    chinese-happy.jpg

we should have known he was gonna suck when he revealed his name was spelled wrong for years and he never said anything about it. :fp:
    pjhawks wrote:

we should have known he was gonna suck when he revealed his name was spelled wrong for years and he never said anything about it. :fp:

did he spell it with one L?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This move just reminds of the sick feeling in my stomach when hearing about the Peters news. I basically new the season didn't hold much promise after Peters went down.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:

did he spell it with one L?

the actual spelling is Demetress. i think the Bills had him as Demetrius like you have above.
    billy davis??

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/02 ... lly-davis/

odd hire to say the least. i wonder what took so long. probably wasn't chip's top choice.

as the article says, only positives i can think of is that he comes from good stock--working under fangio, wade phillips, capers, and lebeau.

jim johnson's defense in indy was pretty bad before coming here. still...this is a bit perplexing to me....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Vick for one more year
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Vick for one more year
    Strike 1. I can't deal with #7 for another year.
    Go Birds!!!!
    :lol: i seriously think a friend of mine is plotting to blow up the linc over this.

i think we all wanted a clean break from the andy reid era...but i still think there's a good chance he gets traded before september though.

one hell of an interesting off season is upon us.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    His base for '13 is around 3.5 so he's much easier to trade than before. It's still February, this team will look a lot different after FA and the draft. Once the new coaches look at a the tape of the players on this roster, there will be an overhaul.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    His base for '13 is around 3.5 so he's much easier to trade than before. It's still February, this team will look a lot different after FA and the draft. Once the new coaches look at a the tape of the players on this roster, there will be an overhaul.

i believe it's 7M with his signing bonus. still a very tradeable number for a team that suffers a qb injury during training camp or something. i assume we'll hear nothing but good things from the eagles regarding vick from now till then. so prepare yourselves.

for the record, i'm not for bringing him back. i wanted a clean break from the reid era....but it will be a bit interesting to see how he plays with an offense that runs the ball a lot more. vick is not a guy you want throwing 65% of the time. reid rarely put him in positions to succeed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    think we can all agree on this tom gamble signing being a good one. looks like he certainly did a solid job in san fran.

now we got somebody with a football pedigree checking roseman in the front office. lord knows we needed that. guy's got a ton of experience.

good move.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:

i believe it's 7M with his signing bonus. still a very tradeable number for a team that suffers a qb injury during training camp or something. i assume we'll hear nothing but good things from the eagles regarding vick from now till then. so prepare yourselves.

for the record, i'm not for bringing him back. i wanted a clean break from the reid era....but it will be a bit interesting to see how he plays with an offense that runs the ball a lot more. vick is not a guy you want throwing 65% of the time. reid rarely put him in positions to succeed.

I know it's 7m with bonus but when trading, I'm pretty sure the bonus isn't included in tradeable salary. I wouldn't be shocked if after a couple minicamps Vick is gone.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    So Nnamdi ate his lunch in his car for some "Me" time. He could've let the team know he was leaving games for lunch. :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer