The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    ..and I really want to like Kane. He is from Buffalo and should be a top echelon NHL talent. He may even end up on the Sabres before his career is over.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Let's keep in mind this is all from deadspin.com. Not exactly the New York Times here. With that said, Kane needs to start using his head. I don't think he has a drinking problem....he's 23 years old and likes to party...nothing wrong with that. He just needs to be way smarter about it....

I believe it is a problem because he cant be smarter about it. The taxi cab thing should have been a wakeup call that he needs to be smarter than a typical 22 year old college drunk. He has an entire brand to protect. If things like Deadspin are going to continue to "make stuff up", he needs to stay away from these situations.
    All these accounts make it appear he is towing the line of ending up front page contraversy again. Choking girls, anti-jewish remarks, encounters with police, etc...

Just the shirt he was wearing screams douchebag

Here is a Chicago Tribune Column on it.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ro ... 180.column

I do agree that he definitely needs to be smarter about it and not put himself in these types of situations. Honestly, I would have no problem if the Hawks traded him. Nothing to do with this latest drunken escapade....more the fact that he is considered a "superstar" type player, but has never scored more than 30 goals and seems to have regressed the past 2 seasons.
    Time to get this thread going again....

-Crawford needs to bounce back from last year's sophomore slump. God was he awful in the playoffs.
    -PP and PK need to improve big time.
    -Not sure if Quenneville is on the hot seat or not, but they need to get past the 1st round this year.
  • Time to get this thread going again....

-Crawford needs to bounce back from last year's sophomore slump. God was he awful in the playoffs.
    -PP and PK need to improve big time.
    -Not sure if Quenneville is on the hot seat or not, but they need to get past the 1st round this year.

Another fucking chicago sports thread boy you guys love the attention. :lol:
    Sounds like the Hawks are opening up in LA next Saturday at 2pm. Kings are raising the banner and getting their rings...nice way to start the season.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Going to the game tonight! Can't wait!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Going to the game tonight! Can't wait!
    NICE!!!

Hawks kicked some ass yesterday.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    the hawks are off to a great start.

if hossa and toews stay healthy, they'll be a top 5 seed for sure. I just worry about their lack of talented enforcers, ala byfulein a few years ago. but who knows? maybe crawford can be a hot goalie in the playoffs and chicago and hoist another cup.
    Very nice start to the season.

I'll be at the UC tonight for the home opener.
  • Fuck Yeah.
    So happy to see them playing again.
    Now lets try to stay healthy.
    45 or so games in 90 or so days? UGHH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFocbKXqSd4
    Very nice start to the season.

I'll be at the UC tonight for the home opener.

have fun and go hawks. the blues should be a tough opponent
  • 3-0

For the 1st time in 30 years!

:P
    3-0

Very nice start. Even though they almost blew it last night. The UC was rocking last night. Live hockey is the best.
  • 3-0

Very nice start. Even though they almost blew it last night. The UC was rocking last night. Live hockey is the best.
    Actually they are 3-0 for the 1st time in 40 years!
    4-0!

Awesome win last night coming back from down 2-0. Power play has looked great so far which is a nice surprise after the disaster that it was last year. How sweet was the winner in OT by Hossa. Kaner was so patient with the puck and gave Hossa a perfect backhand pass.
    4-0!

Awesome win last night coming back from down 2-0. Power play has looked great so far which is a nice surprise after the disaster that it was last year. How sweet was the winner in OT by Hossa. Kaner was so patient with the puck and gave Hossa a perfect backhand pass.

what a great game indeed. hossa is clearly the mvp so far. a highlight for me was kruger. he went right behind crawford just in case the puck snuck through the 5 hole like it did atthe end of both 1st and 2nd period. great play, really knew his goalie's weakness.
    6-0!! Great to see a strong game by Crawford last night. Nice to have 12 points already with this 6 game road trip coming up here.
    6-0!! Great to see a strong game by Crawford last night. Nice to have 12 points already with this 6 game road trip coming up here.

as soon as i said to myself the hawks will shut em out, franzen scores. but, a win is a win...the hawks get two days off after a couple of OT games..let's hope they dont come back 6-6 :lol:
    davidtrios wrote:

as soon as i said to myself the hawks will shut em out, franzen scores. but, a win is a win...the hawks get two days off after a couple of OT games..let's hope they dont come back 6-6 :lol:

Yeah, hopefully they don't pull what they did last year when they had ZERO shutouts the entire season. Crazy.

6-7 points on this road trip would be very nice.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Figures... The year I don't want to give the NHL any of my attention whatsoever, the Hawks start out on a tear.
    So I guess we won't be going 48-0-0. Still nice to pick up a point on the first game of the road trip. Crawford made some big saves in the 3rd and OT to keep it tied up. Now on to Vancouver...fuck the canucks!
    So I guess we won't be going 48-0-0. Still nice to pick up a point on the first game of the road trip. Crawford made some big saves in the 3rd and OT to keep it tied up. Now on to Vancouver...fuck the canucks!

47-0-1!
    Hawks-Sharks tonight. Should be a good one.
    Hawks-Sharks tonight. Should be a good one.

cant wait..
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Top two teams in the league, should be a GREAT one. I'll be at the official roadwatch to cheer them on. GO HAWKS!
    mattcoz wrote:
    Top two teams in the league, should be a GREAT one. I'll be at the official roadwatch to cheer them on. GO HAWKS!

8-)
    What a wild 1st period that was. Hawks then controlled the 2nd and 3rd periods pretty well after that. How good was Saad? That kid is going to be real good. Happy he finally got his first goal. Already 6 points on the road trip...hopefully can pick up a couple more in these last 2 on the road.
    What a wild 1st period that was. Hawks then controlled the 2nd and 3rd periods pretty well after that. How good was Saad? That kid is going to be real good. Happy he finally got his first goal. Already 6 points on the road trip...hopefully can pick up a couple more in these last 2 on the road.

great game, definately paying the price today for watching it...damn u west coast games.
    davidtrios wrote:

great game, definately paying the price today for watching it...damn u west coast games.

Yep, these west coast games are killer. Happy the game in AZ tomorrow night starts at 8.
    outstanding

44277_10151447771572744_737478614_n.png