The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    davidtrios wrote:
    outstanding

44277_10151447771572744_737478614_n.png

Very nice. What a douche.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to tonight is that clown Bollig going after Torres. And then Bollig will probably get his ass kicked like he always does. Why that guy continues to dress is a mystery to me.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    cakewalk!!!!
    davidtrios wrote:
    cakewalk!!!!

That was a good one. We own Mike Smith so far this season.
    shutout! first one in almost two years
    davidtrios wrote:

What a road trip. What a start. 10 out of the first 12 games on the road and Hawk start off 10-0-2. Crazy. Now 7 in a row at home.
    davidtrios wrote:

What a road trip. What a start. 10 out of the first 12 games on the road and Hawk start off 10-0-2. Crazy. Now 7 in a row at home.

this team is insane. theyre still winning despite sub-par efforts from sharp and hossa. who woulda thunk it?
    davidtrios wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

this team is insane. theyre still winning despite sub-par efforts from sharp and hossa. who woulda thunk it?

Yeah, once those 2 get going, watch out.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    :thumbup:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How the hell was a penalty shot not called there?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    How the hell was a penalty shot not called there?

missed what you're talking about... fell asleep on the couch there for a while...

can't believe the kings are back in this game.... :o :fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    15 straight games with a point to start the season. Unbelievable. Loving every minute of it.
    15 straight games with a point to start the season. Unbelievable. Loving every minute of it.

it's hard to believe but theyre playing flawless hockey. when they broke up the team after the cup, i was pissed off but they resigned their key stars and its paying off this season.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    davidtrios wrote:
    cakewalk!!!!

That was a good one. We own Mike Smith so far this season.

looks like you guys own the entire NHL thusfar,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    davidtrios wrote:

it's hard to believe but theyre playing flawless hockey. when they broke up the team after the cup, i was pissed off but they resigned their key stars and its paying off this season.

Yeah, it's hard to complain about anything with this team right now. Canucks tomorrow night. I'll be at the UC on Sunday night against Columbus.
    very impressive
    being on the verge of making NHL history tonight.
    I will be peeking in , in between periods.
    platessmall.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    Really wish I could watch this! :x
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    Really wish I could watch this! :x

center ice package is only 50 bucks.....guess it's no good if you are on the road, in which case, the online version is also available for 50 bucks.

great for out of market fans.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    congrats to the fans of the blackhawks.
    platessmall.jpg
    Hossa got rocked. I would expect about a 2-3 game suspension for that. Maybe more depending if Hossa has another 'C'.
    Hossa got rocked. I would expect about a 2-3 game suspension for that. Maybe more depending if Hossa has another 'C'.

Yep. What a nonsense play by Hansen. The Canucks make me want to puke. I hope we see them in the playoffs this year.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Good time to be a Blackhawks fan!
    (I am not)
    It's crazy that this team is one of the greatest teams of all-time. The playoffs are pretty much secured. I just hope we don't lose anymore to injury.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    pretty blatant shot to the head. i don't know how hansen can call that a "hockey play". :roll:

i've enjoyed watching the hawks play since i can only get about one ranger game a week televised out here. it's sometimes dangerous when teams start this hot... you never want to peak too early in the season!

while emery and crawford have monster numbers this early in the season, how confident are hawks fan that they can keep this level of play up? i feel like both can implode any time. this team has been stacked for seasons, and the only flaw has been their goaltending...
    rival. wrote:
    pretty blatant shot to the head. i don't know how hansen can call that a "hockey play". :roll:

i've enjoyed watching the hawks play since i can only get about one ranger game a week televised out here. it's sometimes dangerous when teams start this hot... you never want to peak too early in the season!

while emery and crawford have monster numbers this early in the season, how confident are hawks fan that they can keep this level of play up? i feel like both can implode any time. this team has been stacked for seasons, and the only flaw has been their goaltending...

they said the last few teams that started this hot won the cup, so i am personally optimistic. i agree that the goaltending has been shaky the last couple of years. however, i also think this is a special team right now. plus, many of the key players have the experience of being a champion already so that can only help them.

all that being said they need to calm down right now...save some for May. :)
    rival. wrote:

Yeah, it was a definite head shot. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter. It was a reckless play. I'm sure he'll get a game or 2 suspension....he has a hearing today with the NHL.

Hawks are a very fun team to watch. I'm not to worried about the peaking too early thing. As long as there aren't any major injuries, this team should be making a deep playoff run.

Emery and Crawford have both been great. I don't expect them to keep it up, but the Hawks D has been great at the same time. Whenever those guys go into a bit of a slide, I can see the D carrying the team. Nick Leddy has been awesome this year. He is so much more confident with the puck in his own zone. Great to see young guys like Leddy and Saad making big contributions.
    Wow, only 1 games suspension for Hansen.
    Wow, only 1 games suspension for Hansen.

Surprised by that. I thought it would be 2 or 3 games. I don't think it was intentional, but was definitely a reckless play. I thought the league would send a message with a few games suspension since they are really trying to crack down on head shots. Oh well. Fuck Vancouver.
    Heading to the UC in a few mins for the game tonight. Let's keep the streak going!!
    16-0-3! This team is unbelievable.
    16-0-3! This team is unbelievable.

extremely exciting game last night..keeps on rolling!