R.I.P Petey 5/26/09 - 9/24/12

Comments

• densandensan Posts: 563
    I wont take any of your stuff, but pm and I'll help. My dogs are my kids and we are a family. :(
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I too don't really do posters + postage to NZ would be stupid so I don't want any of your stuff, although the puppy is gorgeous, but PM me your paypal addy & I'm happy to bump small bit of $$ your way. Glad your dog looks like he's doing ok. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Don't have a lot of money atm but pm me your paypal address I'll send something. Dogs are more than pets they are family!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Don't have a lot of money atm but pm me your paypal address I'll send something. Dogs are more than pets they are family!!

:thumbup:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Hearts & thoughts.
    So many wonderful good people here.
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Thank you all for the overwhelming support and love from all of you 10 club members. As much as we bitch moan and complain (myself included :? ) This place is not all business all the time. Its more family than any thing. And with that said My family thanks you all for all of your support and helping out.

As I last updated The dog (Petey) was comming around. We were on our way to see him and take him home. Just as we get him settled in he and he acclimated himself to being back home later in the night he started to have a few more cluster seizures. If this happens to any one else that owns a dog or animal try and get a towel in there mouth and dont block there breathing. Dont hold them tight and dont let them thrash around and hurt themselves. The main thing during clusters (thats one long seizure with no breaks) Is the animals temperature will rise fast. So its important to get them to the hospital. Petey reached 106 and thats high. The faster you get it down the less chance for more problems like brain bleeds.

With our Vet not being a 24 hr hospital we had to bring him to thier sister hospital. They stabilized him and got him back to "normal". Seems he is going to be a manic when it comes to seizures.

We spent all night in the hospital and all daybreak and morning so far tending to his whims and cries. We dont know if its Brain damage or just him acclimating to the meds. I will keep you guys posted on how he comes out of it in the next few days.

Im very sorry if this update seems here and there. As you can imagine Im very tired with only an hour of sleep. Its getting hard to hold a thought. The emotional part takes the biggest toll.

Petey is home as of now. We are trying to get the correct dosage maintained in him and then we can see if his motor skills have been damaged. Brain damage is the biggest thing we have to watch for due to the severity of the seizures.

My family and I want to Thank every one here that has helped out and sent us love and support. It is so overwhelming and unbelievable. Im going to try and catch some sleep. Seems like Pete is tiring now after being so amped up after comming through. Doctors told us the meds should make him sleepy. But they dont know our Petey. He is 100 MPH all the time :D The meds only made his motor skill like a drunken sailor.

So thank you all and all the love from my family back at you all. Lets hope we get Petey going back in the right direction.

All the love to you guys & Gals,
    Don ;)
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
    edited September 2012
    Great news that he is home!
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• We are prayin for ya Petey, be strong fella.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Go Petey!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D:D :thumbup:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • I'm glad Petey is home with his family. So happy for you
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Sending positive thoughts your way & hoping things get better soon.

Been down a similar road with our cat, except it was heart problems, thankfully the meds helped & she is doing well now.

Hoping the same thing happens for Petey & life gets easier for you & your family!

There are so many great people on this board!
  • Don,
    I'm sitting here all teary & sniffling & my dog was looking at me.
    Cheech then came over & put his paw up on my leg. Now it could
    very well be due to the fact that I smell like BBQ chicken, but I rather
    think he knows a fellow pooch needs some well-wishes.
    All our best to Petey for a full, speedy recovery.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Glad to hear that Petey is back at home with his family. Sending positive vibes your way.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Sweet good news!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Sorry to hit everyone with some bad news but You all earned knowing where we sit with Petey now. :( Petey had a bad night. After we got him home and settled in he was better. Acting his same old clumsy self and a lot worse because he was doped like a rock star ;) So around 10:30 he took a nap and by 12am he was up he went to go eat and began to have more seizures. He had 2 in 15 minutes and seemed to be ok.

We called the vet and he said as long as they arent long lasting he should be ok. He ended up having 2 more around 2:30 then he had the big ones again at 5 where he wasnt comming out. We then had no choice to bring him back to a 24 hr hospital.

He has been there since yesterday. He had to spend last night there so we can get the correct meds in him and so if he does have any big seizures he is already in the hospital.

We are looking to have him back tomorrow or by Monday depending on how he does. He now has a bell around his neck so they can hear if he seizes. That was my biggest worry on how we would know if he seizes while we sleep.

SO please send your best wishes Peteys way. He is a trooper. So full of energy and life. I would hate for that to be altered in any way.

I will try and put up a picture as soon as I learn how to add it from my phone.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and wishes to Petey. :D

Positive thoughts that better news comming.
  • Hope they get the meds situated for him.. Petey is in my thoughts!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Best wishes to Petey and to your family as you deal with this!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Keeping you all in my thoughts today. Get better Petey!

Thanks guys. I would love to post a picture. I have a new phone and dont have the time to figure it out right now. So if some one can PM me I can text or email a picture for you to put up on my behalf.

Thanks guys/Gals :D
    No seizures in the past 12 hrs. Thats the longest with out one. Lets keep it up. Off to say hello to Petey :D
  • Awesome good to hear he is getting some rest!!

PM sent for pic will post for you.
  • And here's Petey!!! Keep him in your thoughts & prayers!!

2498919590040909838S500x500Q85.jpg
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Hope the pooch is doing better :)
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Awe ..... what a cutie!
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    And here's Petey!!! Keep him in your thoughts & prayers!!

What a meatball... hehe Dogs and cats are awesome. Love it when i come home from work and the pets come to the door.. no where is teh wife and kid though .. :lol:

Cmon Petey!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Petey is a beautiful pup Don... But I really like the fact that YOU are kept within the cage and HE gets the big room with sliding glass doors to the patio :lol::lol:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    And here's Petey!!! Keep him in your thoughts & prayers!!

Awwwwwwwwww!!! He's so cute Don!! We wish him all the best mate. :D:D:D xxxxxxx
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    AHHHHH what a handsome guy!! Go Petey! I'm rootin' for ya, pal!
  • Well who could not love that face. :D