Comments

• Options
    Ok tag from Alpine...but good tears, joyous tears :D

Still makes me misty eyed.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    Crown Of Thorns - Amsterdam 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSj4qbJ-Erw
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Crown Of Thorns - Amsterdam 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSj4qbJ-Erw

I just watched this one this morning and got tears. I just feel so blessed that I was there!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Redlamp8Redlamp8 Posts: 12
    Plenty...

Pearl Jam helped save me as I went through my divorce and the depression that accompanied it. And shortly after when my friend Kelly died of breast cancer at age 36, Pearl Jam pulled me through. And as a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, many of PJ's songs and lyrics have profound meaning for me.

Release
    Black
    Rearviewmirror
    Not for You
    Just Breathe
    etc...
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die.
    The in-between is mine.

09/16/95 Austin, TX
    10/17/00 Dallas, TX
    05/16/06 Chicago, IL
    09/22/12 Atlanta, GA
    11/15/13 Dallas, TX
    10/14/14 Memphis, TN
    04/26/16 Lexington, KY
    08/13/18 Missoula, MT
    08/20/18 Chicago, IL
    09/18/22 St. Louis, MO
    08/31/23 St. Paul, MN
    09/05/23 Chicago, IL
    09/07/23 Chicago, IL

• Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Came close when they did Given To Fly AND Footsteps at my first ever show.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    Countless times for many different reasons and spanning all ages!

Emotions like the full spectrum of a rainbow!
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
  • Options
    Black Live in Venice 2010 (Heineken Jammin Festival) made me cry!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BpfRCpXfEA
    _E_l_t_o_n_w_i_s_e_
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    I cried in Santa Barbara 03' when Jack Irons came out for a special appearance of in my tree and hail hail :oops: It was such a HUGE unexpected surprise.
    I miss that guy on drums so much and hope he is doing well.
  • Options
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Just watched "Chloe/Crown of Thorns" from Toronto 9/11/11 and broke down in tears-such a beautiful moment-anyone who was there was very fortunate! :clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Just watched "Chloe/Crown of Thorns" from Toronto 9/11/11 and broke down in tears-such a beautiful moment-anyone who was there was very fortunate! :clap::clap:
    one of the best monents of my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdiCLZOxB3Q
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: sorry... A LOT, many times, so much beauty, it's overwhelming!!

We should probably change the question

Has PJ NEVER made you cry?!? :o:o

It should be hard to find someone who has never ever cried with PJ...
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    This is the very first time I can post on the forums. That could make me cry of joy!

And, I agree with others who have mentioned that PJ and EV songs have brought me to tears, sometimes sad and melancholy, others full of excitement and joy.

One of their songs that will always give me watery eyes is "Man of the Hour"...
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    Just listened to 5/21/10 MSG start to finish today. Yellow Ledbetter always gets me but with star spangled banner... Tears were flowing and I'm trying to drive... Can't wait to see them again. Black from that show got me today to.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Funny I should come across this thread now. I dont usually post on here ( or anywhere) After not having a computer for ages the first place I came to was here. As a single mum to a 10yr old boy & strugglin with health issues I am having a much needed night in my own. Over many years Pearl Jams music has had me in tears. Tears or joy, heartache,happiness,& just simple understanding. Backspacer has taken it to a whole new level. Its amazing how you feel the song was written just for you, how you feel every word Eddy sings like it was meant for you. Tonight has been a hard one & even tho I sit here with tears streming down my face I always feel so much better after my PJ fix. Thank you PJ for all the years, you have taken me through many ,many stages of my life. My only wish now is you tour Australia again so I can let my son enjoy the experience.
  • Options
    A lot of them have made me cry!

Many of the songs from the self titled album really hit me hard. I had dropped out of school to go and volunteer in New Orleans. I had been there for nearly a year when the album came out. I drove an hour to get the cd, since there wasn't much open in the way of record stores at the time.

I was disillusioned with the US, with the world. Dissapinted in humanity. Lonely, lost, wondering and wandering. Wasn't sure if I wanted to go back to school or if I believed in the idea of school anymore.

I probably cried with each and every song on that album. It isn't even one of my favorites, but at that time in my life, seeing the hopelessness and destruction around me, the songs really had meaning. There was so much loss, and so much of it was being ignored by the rest of America. It was, and still is, a very sad mark on American history. Many of the songs spoke to the problems that made Katrina much worse than it could have been, and some others talked about feelings of loss and despair. They were all very powerful, given the setting.

I ended up traveling and wandering aimlessly around the world for a few years after that. I read and re-read Into the Wild, not knowing that they were making a movie or that EV was writing music for the soundtrack. When I finally heard it, it spoke volumes to me. I really connected with the main character and having a soundtrack to that story that was done by my favorite artist - it felt like it was written just for me. Society and GuAranteed are still two of the many songs on that record that I try to live by in a way.

Most Pearl Jam records have come out at seemingly perfect times in my life, so they have all made me emotional at some point. Riot Act came out just as I was gaining an understanding of how the world really worked. Songs like 1/2 Full and Green Disease had an impact on my world view, and Thumbing My Way and I Am Mine made me evaluate my spiritual beliefs and my view of why we are here on this earth.

Binaural didn't really hit me until recently. Sleight of Hand in particular has really spoken to me now that I am older, working and having the feeling that I might be doing this same job for quite some time. I suppose I'm listening to it as a cautionary tale.

When music speaks to you, you get emotional. It's one of the only things that actually makes tear up. I identifyp with all of the music from this band, so in time I'm sure more and more of the songs will make me emotional.
  • Options
    Everytime I see them.
  • Options
    Listening to Mansfield 7/11/03 boot... Untitled just killed me. So beautiful. Tears streaming down my face. Then mfc got me smiling again. Then blood next... Phew talk about an emotional rollercoaster! I'm exhausted now. That's why we love pj right?
    :D Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    KnZiE94KnZiE94 Posts: 158
    They have made me cry many times. Including during my first PJ concert in Missoula. I just can't help it a lot of the time!
    BRAD- April 21, 2012 Seattle, WA
    BRAD- April 27, 2012 Seattle, WA

Pearl Jam- September 30, 2012 Missoula, MT
    Pearl Jam- November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
    Pearl Jam- December 6, 2013 Seattle WA
  • Options
    Long Road - Copenhagen - 2007
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Back in the day, when P.J came out with Better Man it was as if Eddie slipped into the mind's of women, Touching upon the hard truth's of reality. Been there! Very emotional song. The other song is Alive! Because I never met my real Father, And who I thought was my Dad wasn't . The next song is Daughter! Because I was tossed around like a little Rag Doll my whole childhood, That I didn't feel a since of belonging anywhere. Nobody's Daughter!!
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Lots of times...Smile does that to me because of very happy memories.

Off He Goes will get me because of a childhood friend. Still around and he's had a hard go. Sometimes I wonder if I should try to reach out to him. Strange history, a history of reaching out, but not having the hand reach to accept the offer of rekindling a friendship. Still, I know I'd do anything for him.

Light Years...I printed the lyrics and a picture of my nephew. He passed away this summer, cancer, less than 2 weeks away from his 10th birthday.

Most any opening chord of any concert I've been to, especially Wash at PJ20.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Today:) unexpectedly heard EVs 11/1 Vegas show - Patriot ... Ed's voice sounds great and this song has so many relevant words right now. The whole show is amazing. Eddie just amazes me with his gift of humility, kindness and sharing his voice...I feel so thankful and joy filled.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    edited November 2012
    I was sitting in the 3rd row of Eddie's concert in Phoenix balling like a little baby. I am a fucking baby I know. People were giving me weird looks all around. However, I was being really emotional because I had taken my wife to see Ed for our birthdays (October) but I could not afford him when the pre sale happened or when the tickets first went on sale. We were stuck with the choice of either the last row in the balcony or section 1 obstructed view seats. I thought there was no way that the seats would be that obstructed because Ed was a solo artist and he would be more up front and centered then a band.

Got to our seats and found out obstructed is obstructed. I had a perfect view of a 6 foot PA speaker in all black. I was able to see Ed's knee and my wife could see his guitar neck when he was playing the guitar. Really, who designed this building? Mr Brady? George Costanza?

We were happy to be in for the show but resigned to the fact I was 'not' going to 'see' Ed, we kicked back and enjoyed the music!

After a quarter of the way though the setlist, I got a tap on the shoulder.

It was a live nation guy, who asked me if it was just us two (the wife and I). I nodded yes and he instructed me to come with him. I nudged my wife and told her to grab our things. She was visibly upset, "We were NOT taking pictures, it was the couple in front who had to be told to stop, Not us". I looked at her again and said just grab your stuff and hurry... I had an idea, but not to what extent of what was about to happen.

Jim, from Live Nation, took us into the tunnel down by the floor to wait until the song had finished. He then motioned for us to follow him, and follow him, and follow him, all the way down to the Orchestra pit. 3rd row, front and center. I could reach out and touch the stage.

It took the remainder of betterman to collect myself and was still emotional for the rest of the evening. I don't care though, it was a killer in the moment feeling that I will never forget.

Happy Birthday Wicker's wife!
    Post edited by AzWicker on
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    AzWicker wrote:
    I was sitting in the 3rd row of Eddie's concert in Phoenix balling like a little baby. I am a fucking baby I know. People were giving me weird looks all around. However, I was being really emotional because I had taken my wife to see Ed for our birthdays (October) but I could not afford him when the pre sale happened or when the tickets first went on sale. We were stuck with the choice of either the last row in the balcony or section 1 obstructed view seats. I thought there was no way that the seats would be that obstructed because Ed was a solo artist and he would be more up front and centered then a band.

Got to our seats and found out obstructed is obstructed. I was able to see Ed's knee and my wife could see his guitar neck when he was playing the guitar. Really, who designed this building? Mr Brady? George Costanza?

We were happy to be in for the show but resigned to the fact I was 'not' going to 'see' Ed, we kicked back and enjoyed the music!

After a quarter of the way though the setlist, I got a tap on the shoulder.

It was a live nation guy, who asked me if it was just us two (the wife and I). I nodded yes and he instructed me to come with him. I nudged my wife and told her to grab our things. She was visibly upset, "We were NOT taking pictures, it was the couple in front who had to be told to stop, Not us". I looked at her again and said just grab your stuff and hurry... I had an idea, but not to what extent of what was about to happen.

Jim, from Live Nation, took us into the tunnel down by the floor to wait until the song had finished. He then motioned for us to follow him, and follow him, and follow him, all the way down to the Orchestra pit. 3rd row, front and center. I could reach out and touch the stage.

It took the remainder of betterman to collect myself and was still emotional for the rest of the evening. I don't care though, it was a killer in the moment feeling that I will never forget.

Happy Birthday Wicker's wife!
    :clap::clap:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Chloe/Crown of Thorns in Vancouver, 2011.

Couple tears...
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    kg91kg91 Posts: 8
    Yes, the song come back has one of the best lyrics. The first time I heard this song I cried, it is such an amazing song. The best version was the Berlin '10 version or the Verona version dedicated to Johnny Ramone.
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    I've wept like a birthing parent nearly every show, and nearly every album. Lately when I hear arc and no more, I get kind of wept away because arc is just the core song of so much of anyone.. just pure. I felt the same when seeing the Tibetan monks and the romanian womens' folk choir, too. No More just brings me every second back to my love for arlo, woody, and pete seeger. I become who i was in high school, and feel all the optimism and hope I ever had felt in just a few lines and chords.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Well eddie's comfortably numb got me last night...

Also this

http://youtu.be/h5RrcruaK6Q

Cuts off the last note but still a good video

"That's why she'll be back again...."

Sometimes this has a happy ending...even if it is a difficult process to get there. This song gave me strength so many times. Absolutely love this version. Thx pj.

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50136948n

this will make me cry soon i think..