Gaslight Anthem

Comments

• OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    Alternative Press gave Handwritten a 4-1/2 star review. The band posted a scan from the magazine on its Facebook page.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Def looking forward to this album and agree with whoever said they are one of the best new bands out there. Hoping to see them in DC on 20 July.
  • sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    This weekend can't come fast enough :D
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Gaslight Anthem's Super Deluxe Boxset (autographed copy) is for sale on their website. Limited to 300 copies.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,373
    http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/handwrittenstore/

Super Deluxe Boxset looks nice first 300 are signed!!!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    I'm not interested in buying the Super Deluxe set but how can you call it "Super Deluxe" and not include the vinyl? Never seen that before...
  • MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    Broke down and ordered last night even tho the price tag with shipping and tax was 73.00 for me. Seems that as of this morning the autographed copies have sold out.

No retreats, No regrets.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
    So I'm heading up to Portland in a bit for the show tomorrow :D
    It's gonna be a blast. It's a new venue for me, I haven't seen anyone there before.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    sickgirl wrote:
    So I'm heading up to Portland in a bit for the show tomorrow :D
    It's gonna be a blast. It's a new venue for me, I haven't seen anyone there before.

That's awesome. So all of these venues on this tour are like 300-400 people max. Pretty cool. Hopefully they'll start playing some more songs from the new album now that it is pretty close to release.
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    "Hopefully they'll start playing some more songs from the new album now that it is pretty close to release."

In an FB post they said that this small tour will have couple new songs, but mostly they want to give back to the fans in a small venue and play LOTS of old songs. Bring on Seattle tomorrow!
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I'm still trying to find affordable tickets, or ticket, for the U Street show in DC. If anyone has extras or knows where non-astronomically priced extras can be found, please point me the way!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    Would love to see them in a small venue. Really digging sink or swim ATM
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    solace23 wrote:
    Would love to see them in a small venue. Really digging sink or swim ATM

Love Sink or Swim

Angry Johnny and We're Getting a Divorce are probably my favorite tracks
    What a great show! Saw them in Portland at the Hawthorne Theater, first time I've been to that venue, small for sure, perfect! A great set list , played most of my favorites for sure They covered baba o'riley, and while it was awesome, wasn't as intense as when Pearl Jam covers it. Met some great people. Also loved his commentary.
    When he pulled out his 12 string rickenbacker he goes, "I really wanted to buy this guitar, but can't really go around buying shit just because, so we wrote a song that needed a 12 string. Then I had to buy it." Missed what he said right after, but then he said, "and now we're going to play a Tom Petty song, well, not really, but it might as well be." He also commented on all the guys with mustaches and "little tiny girls, with tattoos, wearing mom jeans, they go all the way up, what's the deal with that?" It was really a great show, and totally worth all the random things that went wrong on my way to the show

Gonna have to go see these guys a lot more.
    Here's a few pics, they're just from a disposable camera. My phone decided to stop charging, so couldn't use that, anyways though...

001_crop.jpg
    002_crop.jpg
    010_crop.jpg
    010_crop.jpg
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Great pictures!
    The show in Seattle was phenomenal. Always great to see a band in a small place! This band has alot of similarities to PJ and of course how I found out about them was on this forum.
    THey played some rarely played songs (divorce and senor and queen), which was nice to hear.
    Anyone know why they never play probably my favourite song of theirs, We did when we were young?
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Got this email today

Dear 45 RPM Club members,
    About three weeks ago the 45 RPM Club was officially linked from The Gaslight Anthem's website to the InfiniteMerch.com web store. Sometimes people under-estimate the speed of the net and we were guilty of putting something up in final testing stage before we were ready.  As soon as we posted the club in the store, all of you were very much ready.  However the size selection was not up that morning and you did not have an opportunity to make a size choice because of this.   If  you wrote to us and we confirmed the size addition to your membership, there is nothing to do.  If you did not write to us, please send a note to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tshirts@45rpmclub.net">tshirts@45rpmclub.net</a><!-- e -->.  We will notify you directly of your membership update.   It's just as important to us as it is to you that we get this right.  

Thank you for your patience, and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience,
    FC Staff
    Has anyone heard any of the previewed tracks off the new album yet? I'm trying to stay away until official release.
    edited July 2012
    I've been staying away as well. The only one I've heard was "here comes my man" and that was live...

Bilioxi and 45 were also played at the show.
    Post edited by sickgirl on
    solace23 wrote:
    Has anyone heard any of the previewed tracks off the new album yet? I'm trying to stay away until official release.

Been avoiding them. I hate preview tracks. I've heard (obviously) 45, Here comes My Man and Biloxi Parish. The last two being heard live. 12 days and I'm kind of surprised the album hasn't leaked yet. Really looking forward to it.

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Got this email today

Dear 45 RPM Club members,
    About three weeks ago the 45 RPM Club was officially linked from The Gaslight Anthem's website to the InfiniteMerch.com web store. Sometimes people under-estimate the speed of the net and we were guilty of putting something up in final testing stage before we were ready.  As soon as we posted the club in the store, all of you were very much ready.  However the size selection was not up that morning and you did not have an opportunity to make a size choice because of this.   If  you wrote to us and we confirmed the size addition to your membership, there is nothing to do.  If you did not write to us, please send a note to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tshirts@45rpmclub.net">tshirts@45rpmclub.net</a><!-- e -->.  We will notify you directly of your membership update.   It's just as important to us as it is to you that we get this right.  

Thank you for your patience, and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience,
    FC Staff

Joined up yesterday. When I emailed them about the shirt, they told me is was going to printed on Gildan Heavy Cotton and would be pre-shrunk. Also said there were going to be plenty of shows on the horizon!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    Got this email today

Dear 45 RPM Club members... and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience,
    FC Staff

Cool. Weird that I didn't get that e-mail but I have received every other e-mail from them. I emailed them about this issue a week or so ago and they got back to me within a few days and confirmed my shirt size. Seems we should be getting this package not too long after Handwritten is released.
    POP POP!
    I just got shipping conformation, from them. So we should start getting it soon. I'm pretty stoned to find out my membership #. my pearl jam membership lapsed about ten years ago so my number here isn't fantastic, but since I signed up with these guys the first day its got to be good.
    I lied, just an an order update. That's what I get for getting on here before I'm all the way awake....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Has the new album leaked yet? I haven't seen anything out there yet...
    I don't think it has, but I haven't looked, really.
    No leak yet.

Here is an acoustic performance Brian did for 96.5 The Buzz in Kansas. He plays "Smile" saying he just learned the song 2 days ago.

http://podcast.965thebuzz.com/krbz2/355 ... dlink=true

POP POP!
    POP POP!
    sickgirl wrote:
    I just got shipping conformation, from them. So we should start getting it soon. I'm pretty stoned to find out my membership #. my pearl jam membership lapsed about ten years ago so my number here isn't fantastic, but since I signed up with these guys the first day its got to be good.

Here's the response I received from the GA fan club when I asked what my number was(I signed up the first day). Gotta love the Cust service they responded to my email within 15 minutes. Hopefully well see a bunch of US shows in the fall.

We're sending out the ID cards with random numbering out in two weeks with the T-shirt and sticker pack.
    With random numbering?
    solace23 wrote:
    With random numbering?

I'm sure they just wanted to get the word out and give a little more time to fans who may not have heard about the initial launch. It kinda stinks for all the people who signed up right away myself included but who knows maybe you'll get a better number.
    That kinda sucks in a way. I joined the very first day..