Options

*** Amsterdam 2 Fanviews Here 6/27/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I'm nearly at a loss for words to describe how good the last two days were, last night was the best gig I have been to in the 18 years I've been going to gigs for. It was already an incredible show up to the encore, but when they came out and did Release it tipped it over the edge!

I'm so glad I made the effort to travel outside of the UK for a gig (my first time ever!), and even more glad that my mate convinced me to get tickets for the second night, as I had originally only planned to do night one. My first trip to Amsterdam too - what a city!

I've gotta call bullshit on the people who don't think the band are getting better with age - it's not about perfection, it's about passion and having a good time.
  • Options
    candleofthought26candleofthought26 Posts: 81
    edited June 2012
    After the 1st night, I didn't want to shower; wanted to keep that high and everything about it with me as long as possible. I was seated. I got to watch and become part of a sea of people set on fire, while hearing many of my longtime hopefuls. While I've only seen a handful of shows, I know in my bones that this crowd was something special. I swear that Eddie's voice during Love Reign O'er Me shot bolts of lightening through the building. I didn't think it could get better.

Then last night delivered an irrevocable dose of high that is still coursing through my veins. The second encore felt so energized and insane. You'd think we believed we were watching them play for the last time. This was my first time on the floor, ever. I am hooked. I saw Eddie crack a beer and light a cigarette, and watched Mike's expression as he played Little Wing, 6 feet away from me. I can't fucking stop replaying it in my mind over and over; watching the youtube footage to get back there for just a brief moment, and wishing so hard I could see just one more show. How am I supposed to get back to "real life" now?

Wash, Crown of Thorns, Alive, Once, Footsteps, Nothing as it seems ... and everything as a package. Oh I am sinking - and I don't want to be pulled out. So incredibly beautiful.
    Post edited by candleofthought26 on
  • Options
    Both evenings were amazing but I do have to say that the 27th felt more complete. That had to do more with the fact that I was at the Ten area for the first time.
    Seeing PJ up close, dancing/singing with the crowd and making friends with fans from Sittard-Geleen made this evening unforgettable.
    Goffertpark, Netherlands, 2007
    Goffertpark, Netherlands, 2010
    Ziggo Dome, Netherlands, 26-6-2012
    Ziggo Dome, Netherlands, 27-6-2012
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    If anyone has got photos of Eddie when he was standing next to the 'No Crowdsurf' sign fooling around please post them here...

I was standing right in front but never pulled the trigger...

Thanks.
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Black PearlBlack Pearl Posts: 116
    If anyone has got photos of Eddie when he was standing next to the 'No Crowdsurf' sign fooling around please post them here...

I was standing right in front but never pulled the trigger...

Thanks.
    Don't know of any pictures, but there is a video around on youtube ...
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    PJKnopfPJKnopf Posts: 51
    Hi all,

after getting back home at about 3am after a 3-hour drive I had to calm down the whole day yesterday from this fxxxing great 2-day-experience.
    I'm so glad I managed to get off work for three days and to convince my wife that I MUST go to BOTH shows.
    I know that everyone who's not into PJ tells you you're crazy to go to two shows in a row 'cause they tell you "they are playing the same songs so why you wanna see the same concert twice?" And the only thing you can answer is: "You don't know anything, just shut up and listen!" ;)
    Night 1 was already fantastic, Eddie must have read my setlist request thread (Indifferenece!!! :D )
    The show was really rocking from the start then a great speech in dutch and singalong Small town, then rocking again with EF, WWS, Rats and so on. I couldn't hardly imagine that Night 2 will top it but how wrong I was...
    Starting off with Wash (also on my wishlist) and then Last exit, Animal, SOLAT... whooooo!
    53 different songs in two shows - the combination of crowd pleasers and rarities - just mindblowing!
    Until Amsti II my favourite show was Duesseldorf 2007 (ok, Amsterdam I & II have only been shows no. 5 and 6 for me so there are others that can compare it better) but now my ranking has easily changed :lol:

Thanks for two unforgettable nights and writing history in "de nieuwe zaal" which now really is a rock'n'roll arena.
    I'm pretty sure that it will take a long long time 'til the Ziggo will see a comparable show.
    Maybe only in four or five years when PJ will return to Europe again.

Rock im Park 2000 - Arnhem 2006 - Duesseldorf 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Amsterdam 2012 - Amsterdam 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Amsterdam 2017 (EV Solo) - Amsterdam 2018 - Berlin 2018 - Amsterdam 2019 (EV Solo) - Duesseldorf 2019 (EV Solo) - Berlin 2022 - Frankfurt 2022 - Amsterdam 2022
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    290620121115.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Black PearlBlack Pearl Posts: 116
    We brought binoculars to the show and from our seats, before the show started, I could just about read half of the lighting technician's setlist ... I could not believe what I saw!!! :shock: Opening with Wash and Release in the encore ... Alone and Footsteps ... I knew it was going to be a good night!!! I watched the front rows for a while and seeing everyone having a blast and the band's interaction with them put a smile on my face. I wish I could have been there with them, would have made an amazing night even more memorable.

I got to cross off a few favorites tonight ... can't believe I got to hear Deep, Alone, Footsteps and Crown of Thorns in one night ... I even liked Bugs!!! :)

Thank you guys, and thank you Brian!!!!

PS: Dimitris, love the t-shirt!!! 8-)
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    NotexNotex Posts: 27
    speechless

:D:D:D
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    IWAS@AMS2

2hgwc4y.gif
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options

PS: Dimitris, love the t-shirt!!! 8-)
    ill wear it at the rest of the tour at all shows..(if i can wash it and dry between the shows..lol)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CC252CC252 Posts: 61
    Still on a massive high after this show. My first trip to Amsterdam (great city) and my second show of the Tour after Manchester II.

So many highlights. The Bugs intro into Better Man I could get used to! Wash was an unbelievable opener, Crown of Thorns for the first time for me. Footsteps for the first time since my first show at Manchester in 2000. Other first time songs for me over my 6 shows, Glorified G, NAIS, Alone, Release and Dissident (first PJ song I ever bought) made this a night that I will never forget.

Already decided that I'm buying all 13 of these shows when they're released, as the atmosphere and good feeling amongst the fans present has been totally overwhelming so far.
    Manchester - Torino - London - Amsterdam - Leeds - Praha
  • Options
    ZweeffZweeff Posts: 32
    Loved night 1 but night 2 was the best ever.
    Had so much fun with the people around me, thanks to all that made this happen, the crowd, the band and Brian off course.
    Enjoy Werchter and the rest of the tour! Wish I could be there. :D:D:D
    Amsterdam 1996/ Pinkpop 2000/ Rotterdam 2000 CANCELED/ Arnhem 2006/ Nijmegen 2007/ Rotterdam 2009/ Nijmegen 2010/ Amsterdam 1 2012/ Amsterdam 2 2012/EV Carre July 25 and 26 2012
  • Options
    need to write about that show.. :D
  • Options
    wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    I still can't put this into words.
    :shock:
    This is like the best setlist ever! At least for me :D They played so many of my all-time-favorites like Deep, Once, ALONE, Dissident, Footsteps, I got Shit, NAIS... and despite Once & NAIS I've never heard them live, so I was completely stoked!!
    Wash as the opener was amazing, that was the opener I always wanted to have (despite Go, I still need that one ;D)

:o <- That's how I looked when they started to play Release in the encore... and then I had to cry because everything was just so beautiful.

:shock: :shock: :shock: <- That's how I looked after Ed started playing Bugs. Like...are you kidding me?? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS SHOW??????

...and then...
    CROWN OF THORNS!!!!
    MOTHERFUCKING CROWN OF THORNS!!!!!!!!!
    I cried my eyes out and I still cry writing this. It was amazing and beautiful and all I ever hoped for for a concert....

What the fuck. I still have to process it. Can't wait for my next 5 shows :D
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I don't know if it's been said here before, but...they need to let charter members make up the setlists more often! That one is a frickin' DOOZIE. :D
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    Jerome230 wrote:
    I don't know if it's been said here before, but...they need to let charter members make up the setlists more often! That one is a frickin' DOOZIE. :D
    great idea/..even the last member come to the community yesterday!!! :D
  • Options
    So glad I bought tickets for show 2 as well... First only wanted to go to the first show but I couldn´t resist the urge of buying tickets for show 2. Finally got to hear those songs I only knew from bootlegs... Can´t wait till they come back
  • Options
    TenVsRhysTenVsRhys Posts: 47
    On the other side of the world and I'm still looking at this setlist and saying "shit".

You lucky bastards.
    TenVsRhys
    1995 - Sydney Mar 10th, Melbourne Mar 18th, Brisbane Mar 21st and 22nd
    1998 - Melbourne Mar 3rd, Brisbane Mar 14th and 15th
    2000 - London May 29th and 30th
    2009 - Sydney Nov 22nd
    2011 - EV Brisbane Mar 12th, Sydney Mar 18th and Mar 19th
    2014 - Gold Coast Jan 19th, EV Sydney Feb 11th, 12th and 13th
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale Apr 8th, Miami Apr 9th
    2017 - EV London Jun 6th and 7th
  • Options
    Going to both shows is a no brainer.
    Finsbury Park, London 11-07-93
    RDS, Dublin 26-08-95 (Mirror Ball Tour)
    Bramham Park, Leeds 25-08-06
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
    First Direct Arena, Leeds 08-07-14
  • Options
    ok....

this was a very unique show....

from every way u see it...

alot of friends told me before the sho songs wanna see at this show..every single one of them was in this setlist..

the night start perfect ..fans did the ola..amazing feeling in this amazing venue..sound perfect..

was lockers at the venue,so all was free to rock,no poister,shirts,tubes,to hold them..

Wash.....remind me Alpine..i knew gonna be so special again..

Last exit,.finnaly Liran got it..her favo song..

i was in the back from 10c pit,in the barrier infront of public sale tix..
    i turn next ot me to Karen from netherlands..i told her..Animal..next..

animal..solat in the row....crowd gettin crazy already..
    the setlist already was awesome as a start but couldnt think how can go later..

ed speaks about the liar at amsterdam..lol

at corduroy i realise crowd is complitly different than the previus night..all was into..
    claping and make unreal noise..

i couldnt believe that i got shit will be played,after rats the previous night,almost those two goes together..
    i was posting here with ian about daughter tag..i never get wma with it..and after i sent
    song 8 daughter for the relay on the forum,i said to my self...daughter?so early?

hmmm...and then..
    9....".in case you didnt meet him last night..mr mike mccready..."

i start textin..9th song..even fl....i didnt' get the chance to finnish flow...
    "this song is called Nothing as it seems....
    i throw my mobile...i dont rememebr a shit..i close my eyes and didnt look at the stage at all..i let my mind and body do whatever the fuck Mike guitar made them to do..

i enjoy iy so much..i felt so pleased after that..i didnt care wshat they gonna play after..but how could i know that would be epik???!!

10. Got Some,was so hard played..remind me the exitement when we saw that that early morning greek time on tv show,1st time played..dissident..always favo to be played..
    12. Once..i said directly..theres my chance today to get my 1st time Mamasan trilogy..i knew Alive will be played,wasnt played the 1st night..i hope footsteps will be on the set..

Glorified G.i thought alot will be jealous with this..
    and deep..hehe..she doeasnt like the view..i dont fucki n know why im getting so fuckin crazy with that one..
    i just like crazy..i could see people staring me.,.

bugs.....ed with the guitar..i try to remeber where the fuck they play that ..i remeber only philly and i thought i was missing another place..
    i sent the text..i thought..noone will believe this shit..

better man..great great jam at the ed..i saw eddie jumping and jamming..i thought..man..he must be so tired doing this shit so hard..

encore..

we dont usally play this one here....

what??the song starets..

Release...sure.what the fuck..is that release im listening..

NO WAY IN THE FORUM ANYONE WILL BUY THAT ONE...!!!!!!

shit..let me listen the lyrics to be sure!!!!!!!

i sent the text...

reply for Marta..:..Dimi.,..noone believe you...you making this up...

hail hail rock hard and then..

serious collectors the next one..thought brother will be..

is that fu ckin Alone???

Alone????omg....

now is where noone will not fuckin believe it.. :lol:

God at solo..he do the whole solo with slide..sound amazing!!!

crowd start claping in rythm at the last words of eddie..

Don't even think about reachin' me....OMG..YES......
    crowd singing so loud this one...

and then..the best RVM I ever watched,even from youtube..they kam like crazy..now they finnish,.no again..i see eddie show Matt 3 fingers..
    again..jam..again jam..again..jam..

mike plays this on the floor..

what an amazing encore...

what else will this show will give us???..

im sure alive will be at the last encore..as ylb..

how wish i could listen crown of thorns i said to the german guy next to me..
    the crowd getting nuts..screaming ,the band is backstage..
    and they still screaming more more more..

i see Kevin on stage,changing the the setlist..

i say crowd of thorns please....please..

Matt start plays on drums..seems they gonna play sleight of hand or in my tree form the first of what i hear..

and no no...

Stone got this..

OH....FUCKIN HEY.....

FUCKIN FLYING FUCK...

CROWD OF THORNS..

First tears of the tour...i directly take my moblle and call a special p[erson to listen that...

i just sing..you ever hear the story??

i cant fuckin believe it...
    after all this songs..this one here..in fuckin Amsterdam???

the shows i was not gonna do in the first place...

its my kinda of love..

i knew already this show is MUST BE,LISTEN,WATCH ONE..THIS IS HISTORY TODAY..

From tears ,im up to a huge smile..my mobile up in the air,open connect with Usa ..

it's the kind that, it's the kind that...
    leaves me alone
    like a crown of thorns, it's all who you know

and Eddie point his finger to the back..like talking to someone..

Mike starts solo..he sent me away!!!

so i'm singing
    this is my kinda love
    it's the kind that moves on
    it's the kind that leaves me alone, yeah

omg.Mike plays different from the middle and up....amazing...

Sonic Reducer...amazing..always amazing live..

im going to Matej from Slovenia ,he is behind at the barriers from public tix..

i say to him.what the fuck is that today???am i fuckin sleeping of what..??

he says..i dont know man,,im speachless...

Alive..there we are..now im sure...got it..

eddie at mike side..see the sign..no crowd surfing..
    he points and say what the fuck is that??make fun that he will jump..

he goes at right side..
    a group of 7 people at seated put up signs.."remember pinkpop 92..
    he remember..he make fun that he will jump to the crowd..

Baba sounds like a party..crowd knows the lyrics and jump around..

ylb ...

i start to realise..that this will end...first time in a pj show,im kinda happy listen ylb

im so fuckin full of an amazing live show..of the best band in the world...

Mike fell down at during solo..trying to get at the edge of the stage...

lights up..i see around..

faces with huge smile..and in eyes shocked cos cant believe what the fuck they just experience..

a guy next to me,tells me was great dancing with you at the whole show...

i realise...must be the first time ever..mucis..a live show sent me so far away..

thank you pearl jam....

ill never forget that night....

yeah...

FUCK YEAH....

THIS NOW..IS FUCKIN ROCK N ROLL BUILDING....

History is written.....

.....I WAS AT AMSTERDAM 2.....
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,071
    Well said Dimi. Us folks in the way upper level had a great fucking time too!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    ok....

alot of friends told me before the sho songs wanna see at this show..every single one of them was in this setlist..

the night start perfect ..fans did the ola..amazing feeling in this amazing venue..sound perfect..

was lockers at the venue,so all was free to rock,no poister,shirts,tubes,to hold them..

at corduroy i realise crowd is complitly different than the previus night..all was into..

i couldnt believe that i got shit will be played,after rats the previous night,almost those two goes together..
    i was posting here with ian about daughter tag..i never get wma with it..and after i sent
    song 8 daughter for the relay on the forum,i said to my self...daughter?so early?

hmmm...and then..

i throw my mobile...i dont rememebr a shit..i close my eyes and didnt look at the stage at all..i let my mind and body do whatever the fuck Mike guitar made them to do..

i enjoy iy so much..i felt so pleased after that..i didnt care wshat they gonna play after..but how could i know that would be epik???!!

10. Got Some,was so hard played..remind me the exitement when we saw that that early morning greek time on tv show,1st time played..dissident..always favo to be played..
    12. Once..i said directly..theres my chance today to get my 1st time Mamasan trilogy..i knew Alive will be played,wasnt played the 1st night..i hope footsteps will be on the set..

and deep..hehe..she doeasnt like the view..i dont fucki n know why im getting so fuckin crazy with that one..

bugs.....ed with the guitar..i try to remeber where the fuck they play that ..i remeber only philly and i thought i was missing another place..

better man..great great jam at the ed..i saw eddie jumping and jamming..i thought..man..he must be so tired doing this shit so hard..

encore..

what??the song starets..

i sent the text...

is that fu ckin Alone???

Alone????omg....

and then..the best RVM I ever watched,even from youtube..they kam like crazy..now they finnish,.no again..i see eddie show Matt 3 fingers..

Matt start plays on drums..seems they gonna play sleight of hand or in my tree form the first of what i hear..

and no no...

Stone got this..

OH....FUCKIN HEY.....

FUCKIN FLYING FUCK...

CROWD OF THORNS..

First tears of the tour...i directly take my moblle and call a special p[erson to listen that...

its my kinda of love..

From tears ,im up to a huge smile..my mobile up in the air,open connect with Usa ..

leaves me alone

so i'm singing
    this is my kinda love

he goes at right side..

ylb ...

i start to realise..that this will end...first time in a pj show,im kinda happy listen ylb

faces with huge smile..and in eyes shocked cos cant believe what the fuck they just experience..

i realise...must be the first time ever..mucis..a live show sent me so far away..

thank you pearl jam....

yeah...

FUCK YEAH....

History is written.....

Superbly put Sir...
    My 17th show and truly amazed as I already said.... wasn't til now I checked back through all my shows and realised that was my first mamasan trilogy too... Some reason I thought we got it at O2 London!!

Anyone know how many times the trilogy has been played?

Definately best show by a mile that I've seen...
    Before now was Manchester 09 / Prague 06 that were my faves but this...... oh my goodness.....
    How can it get any better than that!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Anybody know what Mike CD's (?) handed out after the show?
  • Options
    with star anna
  • Options
    with star anna

Ah, ok, thanks... :thumbup:
  • Options
    djwalddjwald Posts: 21
    What a great post, Dimi (and also others who wrote so passionately how good the Amsterdam shows were). These shows were 13 and 14 for me, so for a 10c member I am still quite fresh :)

Most of the shows I have seen since 1995 were in Australia with Melbourne 95, 06 and Adelaide 09 being my favourite. I would have been happy after the last aussie tour if that was the peak, because it was so god damn good - but then this week happened.

I never experienced PJ quite like this. The set lists (esp 2nd show) the energy of the crowd, the playfullness of PJ on the first night and the intensity of them on the second night - this week is something that will be apart of me forever.

Dimi - I love the t-shirt and i would like to make one as well..... Im going to EV both nights in Amsterdam and would be cool to see anyone else there - 1 month after the mammoth event so we can all have a beer and celebrate.

Cheers to all!
  • Options
    ellyn27ellyn27 Posts: 165

FUCKIN FLYING FUCK...

CROWD OF THORNS..

its my kinda of love..

leaves me alone

so i'm singing
    this is my kinda love

love the detail - i was right really on the same wavelength!!! thanks for sharing
    My whole life... like a picture on a sunny day...

~*~Rotterdam August 13 2009~*~Bilbao July 9 2010~*~East Troy September 3 & 4 2011~*~Amsterdam June 26 & 27 2012~*~Stockholm July 7 2012~*~
  • Options
    ok....

hmmm...and then..

encore..

what??the song starets..

i sent the text...

is that fu ckin Alone???

Alone????omg....

and no no...

Stone got this..

OH....FUCKIN HEY.....

FUCKIN FLYING FUCK...

CROWD OF THORNS..

its my kinda of love..

leaves me alone

so i'm singing
    this is my kinda love

he goes at right side..

ylb ...

thank you pearl jam....

yeah...

FUCK YEAH....

History is written.....

Me and my brother were just standing in front of you (the 2 blue Sabotour shirts). You heard there was an article in the dutch newspapers about you? This show was amazing. I asked my brother a few times if I was dreaming.. What a set!!

I''m proud to repeat you: I was at Amsterdam2!!
    Antwerp 2006 Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Berlin 2009 Manchester 2009 London 2009 Dublin 2010 Belfast 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Manchester I 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II (Hell Yeah!!) 2012 Berlin II 2012 EV Amsterdam I 2012 Brad Utrecht 2013 Amsterdam I 2014 Amsterdam II 2014 Berlin 2014
  • Options
    CarosiksCarosiks Posts: 15
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Carosiks

For all of you to enjoy, it was a amezing show.