Options

*** Amsterdam 2 Fanviews Here 6/27/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,015
    i am still absolutly blown away, i cant understand even today what happened and i know i wont see a show like that again but i wish they would do that agin with the set list they have so much power to make every single person in the place buzz with their setlist choices ... keep mixing it up ....love
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    not a bad night

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    Awesome show in front row Mike side. What more can you ask? :P
  • Options
    Co RivalCo Rival Posts: 49
    It can't get any better then this show! It was great!
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007 Dusseldorf, Germany - Copenhagen, Denmark - Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands
    2010 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
    2011 East Troy 1 & 2, Wisconsin
    2012 Amsterdam 2, Netherlands
    2014 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
  • Options
    RENE1966RENE1966 Posts: 49
    Still relive it with a smile.
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 456
    I didn't think I would ever see a better combo over Philly 3&4, but PJ somehow managed to top themselves in both nights in Amsterdam. The first encore (night 2) will never be topped. As an interesting note to the show, we sat on the side of the stage 30 feet from their wives and kids. It was fun watching the band interact with them during the show.
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703

Are you the one with the big Portugal hat on, you've made some friends behind you :lol:

( If so then i tapped you on the shoulder and you told me it still was 0-0 )
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    MojoJojoMojoJojo Posts: 29
    Wow!! What an amazing night, the setlist was fantastic, the band were amazing (as always), I was row 2/3 practically in front of Eddie...man, oh man. I actually got tears in my eyes at work earlier as the realisation dawned on me that I'm probably not going to see the mighty PJ again for a while but took solace in the fact they treated us to such a magical performance :D:D
    Wembley Arena 2007;
    O2 Arena 2009;
    Hyde Park 2010,
    Manchester 20 June 2012
    Manchester 21 June 2012
    Amsterdam 26 June 2012
    Amsterdam 27 June 2012
    Leeds 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
  • Options
    maya_vmaya_v Sofia, Bulgaria Posts: 59
    A week after both Ams shows I'm still stoked with a permanent smile on my face. :) These were my first PJ shows ever and the setlists (especially the second night) were some kind of a reward for me for waiting so many years to see this amazing band live. Saw them from the first row between Ed and Stone the first night (many thanks to Rich from Vegas, will never forget what you did for me), I got so emotional during the performance of Black, had tears in my eyes. The second night I was Mike side 7 row and had a blast. The setlist of my dreams...it was epic! Crown Of Thorns, Release, Alone and Footsteps were so special. Also met some lovely people there (the German guy who was protecting me), cheers everybody! :)
    A huge Thank You Pearl Jam for making me the happiest girl those both nights at Ziggo Dome!
    Amsterdam 26/06/2012, Amsterdam 27/06/2012, Milan 20/06/2014, Padova 24/06/2018, Berlin 21/06/2022
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    maya_v wrote:
    A week after both Ams shows I'm still stoked with a permanent smile on my face. :) These were my first PJ shows ever and the setlists (especially the second night) were some kind of a reward for me for waiting so many years to see this amazing band live. Saw them from the first row between Ed and Stone the first night (many thanks to Rich from Vegas, will never forget what you did for me), I got so emotional during the performance of Black, had tears in my eyes. The second night I was Mike side 7 row and had a blast. The setlist of my dreams...it was epic! Crown Of Thorns, Release, Alone and Footsteps were so special. Also met some lovely people there (the German guy who was protecting me), cheers everybody! :)
    A huge Thank You Pearl Jam for making me the happiest girl those both nights at Ziggo Dome!
    i think in my facebook you used other words to describe your feelings...hhehehehehe
    im not saying anything, no worries.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    maya_vmaya_v Sofia, Bulgaria Posts: 59
    edited July 2012
    maya_v wrote:
    i think in my facebook you used other words to describe your feelings...hhehehehehe
    im not saying anything, no worries.. ;)

Lol you have a good sense of humor, Dimi. :D Yes, I used other words but the meaning was the same, anyway. :)
    Post edited by maya_v on
    Amsterdam 26/06/2012, Amsterdam 27/06/2012, Milan 20/06/2014, Padova 24/06/2018, Berlin 21/06/2022
  • Options
    RideRick wrote:

Are you the one with the big Portugal hat on, you've made some friends behind you :lol:

( If so then i tapped you on the shoulder and you told me it still was 0-0 )

No, it wasn´t me. But before the show i saw that portuguese fella. Not cool to wear such a big hat inside the venue :nono:
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
  • Options
    cant forget that night..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cant forget that night..
    8-) same feelings old men..

p.s.: something went wrong on my facebook.. lost you.. will try connect again.. ;)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    RideRick wrote:
    cant forget that night..
    8-) same feelings old men..

p.s.: something went wrong on my facebook.. lost you.. will try connect again.. ;)
    who u calling old man..hehehehehehehehehe
  • Options
    who u calling old man..hehehehehehehehehe

:oops: that's true.. i'm way older.. in PJ years :lol:
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    I'm just now back home from the trip of a lifetime and I had to weigh in on this amazing show. While night 1 in Amsterdam was amazing in it's own right, this show was one for the ages. Much love to Brian for curating one of the most perfect set lists I could have possibly imagined. I know I'm just echoing the same sentiments as all those that have posted in this thread already but damn...what a fucking night! I'm so honored to have been a part of this show. The European fans really know how to bring it. Cheers to everyone that shared this awesome experience!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    I'm just now back home from the trip of a lifetime and I had to weigh in on this amazing show. While night 1 in Amsterdam was amazing in it's own right, this show was one for the ages. Much love to Brian for curating one of the most perfect set lists I could have possibly imagined. I know I'm just echoing the same sentiments as all those that have posted in this thread already but damn...what a fucking night! I'm so honored to have been a part of this show. The European fans really know how to bring it. Cheers to everyone that shared this awesome experience!

Thank you so much Brian!!! We will never, never, never forget this night!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Lucky man BRI u did a great job on the set list what a bast u must of had hanging with band thats why they are the best band in the world
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Have not read all 14 pages of this thread (yet :mrgreen: ) but I am sure I will be echoing previous posts in my response.

HISTORY! That is what this show was. I got to the venue at 10:30 (# 35)and had a fantastic time hanging out with all the early birds. Very relaxed atmosphere, people respecting each other and the number system, perfect entry system in to the venue. I got front row center (a bit towards Jeff) and was smiling the whole night. I can't even count the amount of times I thought to myself "I can't believe I am front row for THIS!".

A few random thoughts:

Ed drinks some STRONG stuff!
    The word Amazing can not even begin to describe the security guards at this show. Hans was the man!
    My head exploded during crown of thorns
    Brian F needs to be a 10C employee in charge of writing setlists!
    Hanging out with the Rob after the show and doing the wrap up (my wife said I sounded stoned :lol: )
    I was at Amsterdam 2!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    RedPearlRedPearl Friesland, The Netherlands Posts: 84
    Best PJ show I've been too so far!!!
    - Arnhem 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Werchter 2010 -

- Amsterdam I 2012 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Werchter 2012 - Berlin I 2012 -

- Amsterdam I 2014 - Amsterdam II 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Werchter 2014 -
  • Options
    Thankyou for a great setlist brian and of course the band for an amazing night, its only really just starting to sink in what happened that night after going over the u-tube footage. I feel really fucking priviledged to have been there. So many highlights and songs that were on my wishlist.

Some fav bits for me were I Got Shit, Dissident (close to tears :cry: ) Release (simply awesome), RVM (how the fuck did the roof stay on :shock: ), Crown of thorns ( no intro but beautiful solo from Mike) and Baba.

Thankyou PJ :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    RedPearlRedPearl Friesland, The Netherlands Posts: 84
    Highlight for me was Footsteps! But this was an amazing night. Just epic!! Still can't believe I was there...
    - Arnhem 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Werchter 2010 -

- Amsterdam I 2012 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Werchter 2012 - Berlin I 2012 -

- Amsterdam I 2014 - Amsterdam II 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Werchter 2014 -
  • Options
    :D
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    i would give anything to hear crown of thorns live..
    what an awesome setlist!
    Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror..
  • Options
    what an awesome setlist!
    will be great to play it tonight at Copenhagen... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    what an awesome setlist!
    will be great to play it tonight at Copenhagen... :mrgreen:

idi zilevw! kala na peraseis kai popse :)
    Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror..
  • Options
    RedPearl wrote:
    Best PJ show I've been too so far!!!
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Crossed off: In My Tree & Breathe :evil:
    Crown of Thorns
    Sonic Reducer
    Alive
    Baba
    Y. Led w/ Little Wing

The "PERFECT ENCORE" Brian :ugeek: ...........Too bad they dropped the first 2 songs :fp: .

Plus opening with Wash 8-) then getting RELEASE :shock: to open the 2nd set......AMAZED
    Add on :
    SOLAT
    I Got Shit
    NAIS
    Deep
    Alone
    & an It's OK tag :angel:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :clap::clap::clap:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!