Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    but but but....

then all the collectors would be up in arms because they paid an arm and leg for it... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    81 wrote:
    but but but....

then all the collectors would be up in arms because they paid an arm and leg for it... :lol:

But maybe they would love a cheaper non-limited, not-so-special black copy to listen to :D The other one can collect dust on their shelves and become more valuable :mrgreen:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    but but but....

:lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    OK, got the joke now as well :oops: :lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Yes please on marble rye!
    I've been listening to this again a lot, on my ipod and CD ... My turntable has had some issues, so I was forced to mainly listen to mp3 and CDs during the last couple of weeks. But I have spun some records yesterday, and it seems to work again. However, it made me realise once again how much better the sound of vinyl is, compared to mp3 or a CD. Well, to me at least.

So I guess it's time for a good ol' bump! :D I wanna spin this baby one day ...
    Long-time-no-bump-bump :shifty: :wave:
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    They should do a pre-order for the re-issues, and give 10 Clubbers fair warning - say, a month in advance, and PJ would only press as many that were pre-ordered - no set "limited to X" amount bullshit.

Regarding the vinyl vs CD conversation...

Think of the vinyl sound, the analog sound as a sound wave. Sound_Wave.jpg It encapsulates the whole aural spectrum. Now...apparently the human ear only has a certain range that it can hear. Those who invented CD's took this into consideration, and literally chopped off a fraction off the top (high frequency) of the sound wave and chopped off a fraction off the bottom (lower frequency) because they assumed we couldn't hear those frequencies anyway. This is called compression. But if you played a song from vinyl, then played the same song on CD, you can tell the difference. The vinyl sounds warmer, richer.

This is why anyone who wants to hear Benny on vinyl should be able to, without breaking the damn bank.

Come on, Pearl Jam. RE-RELEASE BENAROYA HALL ON VINYL.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • I want one too.
    Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow Virginia, 7-1-2003; Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin, 3-9-2011 & 4-9-2011; Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica, 11-20-2011; 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic, 7-2-2012; 02 World, Berlin, Germany, 7-4-2012; Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden, 7-7-2012; Oslo Spektrum, Norway, 7-9-2012; Forum, Copenhagen, Denmark, 7-10-2012; 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, Maryland, 10-27-2013; Global Citizen Festival, NYC, 9-26-2015; Foro Sol, México D.F., 11-28-2015; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-01-2016; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-02-2016; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington, 8-8-2018; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington 8-10-2018.
    http://livefootsteps.org/USER/?USR=1225

• If PJ wants to send me the design templates, the licence and the original dat tapes then I'll do the re-issue for them :lol:
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • I have Benaroya on Vinyl (along with everything else :D ) and for the record my records don't collect dust. It's how I listen to PJ in my house. I love having playlists etc on my ipod for the car, running/walking, but what I love about my records is it makes me listen to the albums as the band want me to. It makes me not able to just skip songs like 'parachutes' so I end up having an appreciation for them.
    It drives me nuts seeing sealed Benaroya's on ebay. Knowing some clown who's probably a ten club member bought it with the sole purpose of selling it on for a huge profit. Music is meant to be played, not stuck in it's packaging or worse, prostituted to make you loads of money.
  • I have Benaroya on Vinyl (along with everything else :D ) and for the record my records don't collect dust. It's how I listen to PJ in my house. I love having playlists etc on my ipod for the car, running/walking, but what I love about my records is it makes me listen to the albums as the band want me to. It makes me not able to just skip songs like 'parachutes' so I end up having an appreciation for them.
    It drives me nuts seeing sealed Benaroya's on ebay. Knowing some clown who's probably a ten club member bought it with the sole purpose of selling it on for a huge profit. Music is meant to be played, not stuck in it's packaging or worse, prostituted to make you loads of money.

Agreed 100%. Always said this, buying a record to keep it sealed stops others from hearing it. Especially with something like a 2000 print run like BH. People on here collect records, keep them sealed and don't have a record player?!?!?!?! WTF, thats just plain silly
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    I have Benaroya on Vinyl (along with everything else :D ) and for the record my records don't collect dust. It's how I listen to PJ in my house. I love having playlists etc on my ipod for the car, running/walking, but what I love about my records is it makes me listen to the albums as the band want me to. It makes me not able to just skip songs like 'parachutes' so I end up having an appreciation for them.
    :clap::clap:

(all my vinyl is open and played...OFTEN)
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    I have Benaroya on Vinyl (along with everything else :D ) and for the record my records don't collect dust. It's how I listen to PJ in my house. I love having playlists etc on my ipod for the car, running/walking, but what I love about my records is it makes me listen to the albums as the band want me to. It makes me not able to just skip songs like 'parachutes' so I end up having an appreciation for them.

Agreed 100%. Always said this, buying a record to keep it sealed stops others from hearing it. Especially with something like a 2000 print run like BH. People on here collect records, keep them sealed and don't have a record player?!?!?!?! WTF, thats just plain silly
    Agree 100%
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

agree 100%...but who would've guessed back then, that the prices would have been as high as they are now

remember when?
    benaroyahallvinylorder.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
    Jerome230 wrote:
    They should do a pre-order for the re-issues, and give 10 Clubbers fair warning - say, a month in advance, and PJ would only press as many that were pre-ordered - no set "limited to X" amount bullshit.

Regarding the vinyl vs CD conversation...

Think of the vinyl sound, the analog sound as a sound wave. Sound_Wave.jpg It encapsulates the whole aural spectrum. Now...apparently the human ear only has a certain range that it can hear. Those who invented CD's took this into consideration, and literally chopped off a fraction off the top (high frequency) of the sound wave and chopped off a fraction off the bottom (lower frequency) because they assumed we couldn't hear those frequencies anyway. This is called compression. But if you played a song from vinyl, then played the same song on CD, you can tell the difference. The vinyl sounds warmer, richer.

This is why anyone who wants to hear Benny on vinyl should be able to, without breaking the damn bank.

Come on, Pearl Jam. RE-RELEASE BENAROYA HALL ON VINYL.

I like that pre-order idea! And thank you for the explanation of the vinyl vs CD sound :thumbup: This is exactly how I feel it :D

It's good to see more contributions in here :wave:
    pjradio wrote:

agree 100%...but who would've guessed back then, that the prices would have been as high as they are now

remember when?
    benaroyahallvinylorder.jpg

Good times! :) Love that image snap shot. ;)
    demetrios wrote:
    Love that image snap shot. ;)

curious, what made you take a screen grab of that?....way to look forward
    aqo2t.jpg
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    'Nuff said - what do you think?

I am new to the whole vinyl thing but that is an album I am really dying to listen to on vinyl. I am not a collector, I just want to be able to afford that beautiful recording on vinyl and listen to it at home. Unseal it and just enjoy ... :D
    I'm with you. I think it would be GREAT if people bought vinyl, 'just because'... instead of thinking it's some sort of monetary investment or something. I think it would be GREAT if any fan who wanted copy, could get a copy... without having to pay a shitload of cash to someone for something that originally cost them 35 bucks.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    pjradio wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I screen grab every purchase I've made. I remembered somebody was looking for it here so I hook them up. :)
    demetrios wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I screen grab every purchase I've made. I remembered somebody was looking for it here so I hook them up. :)

great idea...i might have to start doing that :thumbup:

still amazed that $46 was the cost of that
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    People on here collect records, keep them sealed and don't have a record player?!?!?!?! WTF, thats just plain silly

Quoted. For. Truth. That statement is a fact of epic proportion.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    This would be awesome!!! To everyone except those who kept theirs to sell for $1500. :roll: A first pressing would still be special (aren't they numbered by hand or something?), but I'd looooooove a reissue. No way will I ever ever pay $1000+ for Benny Hall, so fingers crossed that they will do this! .... It might help that vinyl is making a big comeback, thank god. Plus, for those good people who actually value their vinyl for the music that they make when you play them rather than for what they're worth on eBay would be happy for reissue too, since surely many of theirs are worn out by now! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    pjradio wrote:

still amazed that $46 was the cost of that

Even more amazing was I was a poor student when it came out. I paid the $46 as well but it took me a full day to pull the trigger on buying it (I really couldn't afford it at the time). I'm glad I did :) I think it still didn't sellout until the day after that. (Which means it took 2 days to sell the 2000 copies).
  • sonnasonna Posts: 377
    One for sale now on ebay. £800.00!!!!!!!!!

Shame on you #154....
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • and one for sale in the lost dogs forum.
    Its probably been snapped up already though!
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
    Bumpity!

I wouldn't mind getting one of these babies as a wedding pressie :mrgreen: It's just one of my essential all-time favourites! Thank you, Pearl Jam :wave:
  • PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    got it opend it played it love it :)

get that for a re-release out their wont make much difference to the value of original anyway

an anyone that keeps them sealed are of their head :fp:

their made to be listend to spin spin ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Holy Hell, yes please!

Would more than likely be my most prized asset if I have had the chance to own it.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Jerome230 wrote:

The problem with that is there would be some people who would complain that a month wasn't enough time and they didn't have the money. After 10C stopped taking pre-orders, you'd have those people complain that they should make more, that now they have the money and are pissed that they aren't available anymore.

It's kinda like what happened to the PJ20 DVD's. They were available for weeks and when they were gone, all of a sudden people were like "WTF?" 10c can't win no matter how they do things.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,