Euro: Amsterdam 2012: couches-hotels-pre party-other info

Comments

• Marley05Marley05 Posts: 35
    3 coming from Texas into Amsterdam on the 25th looking for a hotel in the Museumplein, if anyone has any suggestions.

If y'all know the area keep posting for a meetup! We may think about doing a facebook group since logging in might be easier for some of us from America. ?!?!?
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Marley05 wrote:
    3 coming from Texas into Amsterdam on the 25th looking for a hotel in the Museumplein, if anyone has any suggestions.

If y'all know the area keep posting for a meetup! We may think about doing a facebook group since logging in might be easier for some of us from America. ?!?!?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=188012

Join in if you like :D
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Marley05 wrote:

If someone does a FB group, please post! 6/25 is coming up very quickly!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 136
    I will also be in Amsterdam with my wife. We arrive on 6/25 and will be going to both AMS shows. Staying at the Grand Hotel Amrath and are looking for info on pre-parties. It sounds like maybe there is one being planned at the Bulldog? Or am I missing something? We're also going to the Main Square Festival in Arras. Looking forward to my first trip to Europe.
  • Marley05Marley05 Posts: 35
    appie wrote:

Check this out, I think it'll be a great way for us AMS PJ partiers to keep in touch while there!
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Appie. Just sent PM.
    Post edited by Whipping_Boy on
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    have 3 tickets to amsterdam night 2 available - section 202

PM me if interested
  • MojoJojoMojoJojo Posts: 29
    Dudes, I'm so freakin excited for this :D:D:D I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam and to go watch my favourite band of all time, I mean that's just the cherry on top! Roll on June!!
    Wembley Arena 2007;
    O2 Arena 2009;
    Hyde Park 2010,
    Manchester 20 June 2012
    Manchester 21 June 2012
    Amsterdam 26 June 2012
    Amsterdam 27 June 2012
    Leeds 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
    so we're just going to have a bunch of people roaming around looking for couches!?!?!?!

cmon ... lets hear some preparty talk!?!?!?!

:mrgreen:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    so we're just going to have a bunch of people roaming around looking for couches!?!?!?!

at 25th we gonna meet in a bar..lets see where,,maybe some dutch people can recoment a bar?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

at 25th we gonna meet in a bar..lets see where,,maybe some dutch people can recoment a bar?

sounds good

might go to tom petty that night... not sure
  • so we're just going to have a bunch of people roaming around looking for couches!?!?!?!

sounds good

Tom Petty plays 24. June. Jack White 25. June.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene

sounds good

ill contact some dutch friends..appie can help us too
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Exactly 30 days until I'm on a plane headed for Amsterdam!

I think we're going to need a bar that is near both a coffee shop and metro station. One that won't be packed with tourists (besides PJ fans of course). Any recommendations?
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Counting down the days....

I'll be near the Bulldog cafe Sunday-Saturday, probably wearing PJ/10c shirts everyday.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2

sounds good

Tom Petty plays 24. June. Jack White 25. June.

ahh yes... sorry... i'm jetlagged just thinking about it ;)

I'll be near the Bulldog cafe Sunday-Saturday, probably wearing PJ/10c shirts everyday.

i'll be there sunday - thursday ;)
  • MarsMars Posts: 3
    Hey guys.. are the tickets for the Amsterdam gigs e-tickets? Just checking cause I'm buying from a guy on Facebook and wasn't sure.
    Mars wrote:
    Hey guys.. are the tickets for the Amsterdam gigs e-tickets? Just checking cause I'm buying from a guy on Facebook and wasn't sure.
    10c?
    Mars wrote:
    10c?
    nope! normal ones.
    Mars wrote:
    Mars wrote:
    10c?
    nope! normal ones.
    wait..
    Mars wrote:
    Mars wrote:
    10c?
    nope! normal ones.
    pm sent
  • Mars wrote:

If you paid a postage fee, you got the ticket by mail. If not you got an e-ticket.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    Mars wrote:

If you paid a postage fee, you got the ticket by mail. If not you got an e-ticket.

this is true

and if you're buying night 2... buy from me instead ;) i have actual tix ;)
    Mars wrote:

this is true

I live in Brazil though. It's a lot easier to have e-tickets in my case :/

Is 66.55 euros the face value?
  • Yes, its the face value.
    Mars wrote:

this is true

I live in Brazil though. It's a lot easier to have e-tickets in my case :/

Is 66.55 euros the face value?

yes

and yes etickets are great for long distances... as long as the person is someone you trust and can track down and strangle if they sell you crap tix ;)
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210

I'll be there Tues & Wed, except when I'm queuing I guess, in my New Zealand t-shirt. Say hi if you see me. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    morello wrote:

I'll be there Tues & Wed, except when I'm queuing I guess, in my New Zealand t-shirt. Say hi if you see me. :)
    pillowpants will be with me,so,we all meet ;)
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    morello wrote:
    pillowpants will be with me,so,we all meet ;)
    Ooh yay, pillowpants is another name I've seen around here for years so look forward to meeting. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011