Options

Euro: Amsterdam 2012: couches-hotels-pre party-other info

Comments

• Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    :o monday? we are at work on monday... how about something on tuesday, the afternoon before the first Amsterdam show? are there people planning to meet somewhere?
    sure some people will meet at the day of the show,but most 10clubbers go early at the venue..

well, at the venue, on tuesday, people can meet at one of the bar at the ziggodome: http://tinyurl.com/cenqbvp

So...is this still the plan for the day of the shows? I don't think I'll make it for night 1 as we will be queuing and heading in for the early entry. But for night 2 we have seated tix and can hang in a bar right up until showtime. My question is which bar in the Ziggo? - it looks like there are a few. I think we should pick a primary bar and back-up bar in case one is overcrowded or reserved for VIPs. I'd also be interested in hitting a bar after the shows - maybe something back in town?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    For those arriving in Europe on Sunday, the England/italy Euro 2012 match begins at 20:45 Amsterdam time. We arrive in AMS at 18:15, so we are hoping to find a fun place to watch the match!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    For those arriving in Europe on Sunday, the England/italy Euro 2012 match begins at 20:45 Amsterdam time. We arrive in AMS at 18:15, so we are hoping to find a fun place to watch the match!
    alot ofplaces will have beer and tv.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Stones Cafe in the redlight district is a place for Brits to watch. Coco's of the Outback also shows the match on big screens.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Stones Cafe in the redlight district is a place for Brits to watch. Coco's of the Outback also shows the match on big screens.
    super.. :)

now go get some sleep,its late there..i know u are frikkin exiting.. :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JB185927JB185927 Posts: 23
    I get in Sat night and fly out on the 27th (only going to 1 show there) to Praha.

Have no real plans for my time in Amsterdam either, staying about 1km from the city centre (west-ish direction).

I'm up for some soccer (sorry, being Aussie, have to call it that) and beers on the Sunday night. I'm seated on Tuesday so can do the pre-show drinks as well.
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Yay, I'm so looking forward to meeting you all. I also forwarded the pre-party time and location of the 25th of June to some Couchsurfing-Pearl Jam fans who are interested in joining in.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    Nastasja wrote:
    Yay, I'm so looking forward to meeting you all. I also forwarded the pre-party time and location of the 25th of June to some Couchsurfing-Pearl Jam fans who are interested in joining in.
    are u coming to Tara bar?
  • Options
    amiramir Posts: 131
    I'm also staying at Durty Nelly if any jammers want to meet up. I'm going to be there till friday.
    Anyone else staying an extra couple of days in Amsterdam?

Also, is there anyone who has a couch/spare bed where I can crash on the 29th?
    (I'm staying in amsterdam till sunday and then going to Berlin)

I booked a hostel for the week but didn't get a room for friday for some reason,so I thought it might be nice to meet some locals instead :)

Thanks,
    Amir
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    weather in Amsterdam next week..
    DAY 65F - NIGHT 55F
    DAY 19C - NIGHT 13C

40% of Rain Monday and Wednesday
    20% of Rain Tuesday..

ive been 3 times in my life in Amsterdam....never saw sun.... :roll:
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    DAY 65F - NIGHT 55F
    DAY 19C - NIGHT 13C

20% of Rain Tuesday..

you've never been with me sweetpea ;)
  • Options
    DAY 65F - NIGHT 55F
    DAY 19C - NIGHT 13C

20% of Rain Tuesday..

you've never been with me sweetpea ;)
    true sunshine.. :mrgreen:

buddy,when u arrive?u taking wife with???

heheheheheheheh..what a quesytion was that?? :fp:
  • Options
    sure some people will meet at the day of the show,but most 10clubbers go early at the venue..

well, at the venue, on tuesday, people can meet at one of the bar at the ziggodome: http://tinyurl.com/cenqbvp

So...is this still the plan for the day of the shows? I don't think I'll make it for night 1 as we will be queuing and heading in for the early entry. But for night 2 we have seated tix and can hang in a bar right up until showtime. My question is which bar in the Ziggo? - it looks like there are a few. I think we should pick a primary bar and back-up bar in case one is overcrowded or reserved for VIPs. I'd also be interested in hitting a bar after the shows - maybe something back in town?

Before the show people, who aren't inline for the early entrance, can meet at one of the bars. But I don't know what bar yet and how they are. The venue is new, Pearl Jam is the first band playing over there... But picking a primary bar is a good idea...

About after the show: I don't if there are any plans for then. Maybe some people will meet and decide to look for a bar.
    Usually known as...........
    Arnhem 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Quick question. What do I do with my poster tube during the show? I have standing for both Amsterdam shows.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    rafie wrote:
    Quick question. What do I do with my poster tube during the show? I have standing for both Amsterdam shows.

i would say hold on to it if you don't have a packpack with you, thats what ive done at any shows that ive been at
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    So...is this still the plan for the day of the shows? I don't think I'll make it for night 1 as we will be queuing and heading in for the early entry. But for night 2 we have seated tix and can hang in a bar right up until showtime. My question is which bar in the Ziggo? - it looks like there are a few. I think we should pick a primary bar and back-up bar in case one is overcrowded or reserved for VIPs. I'd also be interested in hitting a bar after the shows - maybe something back in town?[/quote]

Before the show people, who aren't inline for the early entrance, can meet at one of the bars. But I don't know what bar yet and how they are. The venue is new, Pearl Jam is the first band playing over there... But picking a primary bar is a good idea...

About after the show: I don't if there are any plans for then. Maybe some people will meet and decide to look for a bar.[/quote]

Do you know about any of the bars right outside of the Ziggo? Looks like there are a few options there as well. Maybe we'll just figure this all out Monday at the Tara.
  • Options

Do you know about any of the bars right outside of the Ziggo? Looks like there are a few options there as well. Maybe we'll just figure this all out Monday at the Tara.
    exactly,,in tara we meet,we chat,we drink..and we talk about all..

mood_excited.gif
  • Options
    rafie wrote:

It is possible to rent a locker/safe for € 2,00.
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    this saturday: pre-party @ tivoli Utrecht!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/307217452696941/
  • Options
    rafie wrote:

Sweet!!!! Would it be big enough for a poster tube?
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

• Options
    rafie wrote:
    rafie wrote:

Sweet!!!! Would it be big enough for a poster tube?

I don't know. I can't find info about that.
  • Options
  • Options
    Looks like Skunk Anansie was the first band to play ZiggoDome:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 882&type=3

.....when it was still under construction......
  • Options
    ellyn27ellyn27 Posts: 165
    amir wrote:
    I'm also staying at Durty Nelly if any jammers want to meet up. I'm going to be there till friday.
    Anyone else staying an extra couple of days in Amsterdam?

Also, is there anyone who has a couch/spare bed where I can crash on the 29th?
    (I'm staying in amsterdam till sunday and then going to Berlin)

I booked a hostel for the week but didn't get a room for friday for some reason,so I thought it might be nice to meet some locals instead :)

Thanks,
    Amir

Hey Amir,

I am also staying at Durty Nelly. I tried to send you a PM but the boards are messing up and it wouldn't let me. We should hang out! Hope to see you in AMS!

-ellyn
    My whole life... like a picture on a sunny day...

~*~Rotterdam August 13 2009~*~Bilbao July 9 2010~*~East Troy September 3 & 4 2011~*~Amsterdam June 26 & 27 2012~*~Stockholm July 7 2012~*~
  • Options
    How about all the people going to the jack white concert on Monday meet up at the bulldog at 17:00 and go to the show together.

• Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 456
    rafie wrote:
    How about all the people going to the jack white concert on Monday meet up at the bulldog at 17:00 and go to the show together.

which bulldog? there are about 10 of them.

I am flying in from houston for petty, jack white, and both PJ shows. staying in rembrant square. is there a meet-up before Petty?
  • Options
    :D
  • Options

your baseball is all packed!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

awesome.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    this tie tomorrow im leaving to go to Athens,,in 48 hours from now i fly to DAM
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

awesome.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    this tie tomorrow im leaving to go to Athens,,in 48 hours from now i fly to DAM

flying to London 17 hours, then a connecting flight to Dam......gonna watch England/italy match Sunday night at pub in AMS!