Pearl Jam to Perform at Midtown Music 2012

Comments

• LG_PJLG_PJ Posts: 53
    Pretty sure florence and the machine are playing after ludacris and before pearl jam. ludacris will be done a good 3 hours before pj comes on
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    LG_PJ wrote:
    Pretty sure florence and the machine are playing after ludacris and before pearl jam. ludacris will be done a good 3 hours before pj comes on
    You are correct...can't wait :D
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    marcos wrote:
    atl has had problems at rap shows in the past, inst ludacris from that area too maybe i dont listen to rap, but common this is stupid for pearl jam to play right after them. talk about a bad festival lineup

That is weird as I thought Ludacris was dong the acting thing full time, didn't know he was still active. But festivals do try to mix it up as a means to be hip & different.

I like some hip hop but just don't see the need to see it live with all the sampling and prerecorded beats. Maybe this will be different and it's always good to expand one's horizons I suppose.

I'm not a hip hop fan at all...but Music Midtown, while it draws others, is aimed at Atlantans as well. And Atlanta is a huge hip hop center with plenty of artists and producers of that music based there.

I'm not thrilled with the hip hop...but as a long time Atlantan, it doesn't surprise me. In addition to the out-of-towners, they are also trying to appeal to a wide cross-section of locals.

I mean, it is a metro area of 5 million people. And it's 'music' midtown - not 'rock' midtown. :)
    LG_PJ wrote:

See...that will be great.

I know that the locals who attend MM don't normally stay all day. They come and go. So showing up for Florence is an easy way to be there early for PJ...without having to hear a note of hip hop...if that is an attendee's desire. :)

Plenty of stuff to do in Atlanta if a person wants to skip the hip hop portions.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Hmm i want to go to see florence and the machine so i can start tryign to get a good spot for pj but i don't like florence and the machine and would much rather go shake my groove thing to Girl talk at 8pm :(

Not complaining this is a good problem to have :) causeit means i'm seeing pearl jam
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Hi. New member...not new to PJ :D The goods site says they are not selling tickets, but I've read some people already have them. Do I need to go directly to festival site? I would rather buy through ten club if i can. thx
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    lcusick wrote:
    I do not know what to do?? I am interviewing on Tuesday for a new job. If I get this new job, I probably will not be able to get time off to travel to Atlanta to go to this show. The new job will not start until Aug. 25th- so how can you ask for time off when you haven't even worked somewhere for a month. Tickets go on sale Saturday. Should I buy tickets??? I need a new job because my current job is going to give me a nervous breakdown, but I haven't seen PJ live since 2009. I couldn't make PJ20 because my son got married that weekend. What would you do???

Last year, I started working at my new job in July, and even though I was still on probation I got to go to PJ20 b/c I told them after I was hired that I bought the tickets and Pricelined the travel before I got the job and if I backed out then I would be out a lot of money. I also told them it would be the only weekend I would need off for the rest of the year which was absolutely the truth. They were cool with it.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    I in. :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Saltypaws wrote:
    Hi. New member...not new to PJ :D The goods site says they are not selling tickets, but I've read some people already have them. Do I need to go directly to festival site? I would rather buy through ten club if i can. thx

Welcome aboard. Since this is a festival, there are no 10 Club seats. You will only find concert tickets in the Goods section of pearljam.com if it's a regular (non-festival show) where 10 Club has an allotment of seats.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Where is everyone staying? anyone find any good deals?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Saltypaws wrote:
    Hi. New member...not new to PJ :D The goods site says they are not selling tickets, but I've read some people already have them. Do I need to go directly to festival site? I would rather buy through ten club if i can. thx

Welcome aboard. Since this is a festival, there are no 10 Club seats. You will only find concert tickets in the Goods section of pearljam.com if it's a regular (non-festival show) where 10 Club has an allotment of seats.
    Tickets go on sale through live nation/ticketmaster Saturday, but if you have a citi card you can use it to by tickets as part of the citi card presale.

Welcome to the site!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    Got my hotel room booked Fri-Sat night at the Hampton Inn by the World of Coke. less than 2 miles away. pumped to see Avett Bros., Foo Fighters as well. Saturday morning ticket sales will be crazy, but hope that they come through.

We need to find a good place to meet up and have some drinks that afternoon before venturing into the park.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
    The Independent is a nice little bar across from the side of the park that is near park tavern. I belive there will be an entrance there.

they have pool tables and i think they still have old school nintendo set up at hte bar you can play :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Thanks for the welcomes and the info. Long story short...I've been riding the wave with Pearl Jam since we were both in our twenties. I have always loved them, and have NEVER seen them live. :shock: I am a cancer survivor. Started thinking about a bucket list...and seeing PJ live was the first thing i thought of. Learning to surf was second...do they make surf boards with training wheels? 8-) This is the year. Wish me luck with tickets. Big hello and thanks to everyone for this site. :D
    Saltypaws wrote:
    Thanks for the welcomes and the info. Long story short...I've been riding the wave with Pearl Jam since we were both in our twenties. I have always loved them, and have NEVER seen them live. :shock: I am a cancer survivor. Started thinking about a bucket list...and seeing PJ live was the first thing i thought of. Learning to surf was second...do they make surf boards with training wheels? 8-) This is the year. Wish me luck with tickets. Big hello and thanks to everyone for this site. :D

Congrats on beating cancer! You are in for a treat when you finally get to see them live. Best of luck getting tix and hopefully we'll have a proper tour soon.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• tigers84tigers84 Greenville, SC Posts: 457
    2day passes are how much, cant find??
    BUGS IN THE WAY, I FEEL ABOUT YOU
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    tigers84 wrote:
    Early bird is 100 with the citi presale. public sale on saturday
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    LukinFan wrote:
    Where is everyone staying? anyone find any good deals?

Staying at the Days Inn downtown...I heard that's where the party will be! :mrgreen: Paid $93 per night.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    intodeep wrote:
    The Independent is a nice little bar across from the side of the park that is near park tavern. I belive there will be an entrance there.

they have pool tables and i think they still have old school nintendo set up at hte bar you can play :D
    they better have some Mike Tyson Punchout there, too!! 8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

I'm really hoping that Band of Horses gets added to Midtown
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Whats the rush in getting tix. It dosn't sell out. Also, I have some friends stayong at the artmoore something. Full kitchen suites. Fo cheap.
  • lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    Thanks Porch sitter. I think I am going to buy tickets and go. I really will only have to take the Friday off and if I am honest right away, maybe they will understand. Also, if I cannot go, I am sure that someone else will buy the tickets from me if I had to cell them.
  • tigers84 wrote:
    Early bird is 100 with the citi presale. public sale on saturday

Heard an interview on the radio; early bird prices are going until Peter Conlon (organizer) decides to jack up the price. Probably in the summer?
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    just bought my ticket...will figure out airfare later

so excited to see PJ, Flo & Machine, Girl Talk and my lil brother for the wknd
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720
    lcusick wrote:
    I do not know what to do?? I am interviewing on Tuesday for a new job. If I get this new job, I probably will not be able to get time off to travel to Atlanta to go to this show. The new job will not start until Aug. 25th- so how can you ask for time off when you haven't even worked somewhere for a month. Tickets go on sale Saturday. Should I buy tickets??? I need a new job because my current job is going to give me a nervous breakdown, but I haven't seen PJ live since 2009. I couldn't make PJ20 because my son got married that weekend. What would you do???

Once I knew I was getting the job.... I would tell my potential new job that i had an out of state wedding that weekend... if i really wanted to go... and see how they react. Ive done it a few times... i have never encountered a problem. Those out of state weddings are awesome...
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Going---booked a room at the Artmore Hotel! Excited!!!
    Saltypaws wrote:
    Thanks for the welcomes and the info. Long story short...I've been riding the wave with Pearl Jam since we were both in our twenties. I have always loved them, and have NEVER seen them live. :shock: I am a cancer survivor. Started thinking about a bucket list...and seeing PJ live was the first thing i thought of. Learning to surf was second...do they make surf boards with training wheels? 8-) This is the year. Wish me luck with tickets. Big hello and thanks to everyone for this site. :D

Wow! Awesome story!!! :D

I don't think it will be a problem to get tickets - especially if you grab them on Saturday morning. I'm going to get up early (I'm 4 hours behind eastern time) and get them set, just for peace of mind about it.

Hope you check lots of things off your bucket list this year! And for many years to come!
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    Have a question for anyone who has been to a PJ Festival show before.

I know they have posters for sale at the show (New orleans 2010, Ect) Did you buy your poster early and hold onto it all day and hope for the best, or buy it online after? I would love to get one for the upcoming Music Midtown show, but dont want to ruin it at the event all day.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
    R-Dub81 wrote:
    Have a question for anyone who has been to a PJ Festival show before.

I know they have posters for sale at the show (New orleans 2010, Ect) Did you buy your poster early and hold onto it all day and hope for the best, or buy it online after? I would love to get one for the upcoming Music Midtown show, but dont want to ruin it at the event all day.

I bought both ACL show posters after the festival (the camper one and the tv show taping one). Both were in the Goods section for $30 so that worked out perfectly. I didn't have to lug it around at the festival (good thing with all the rain and mud). But you never know what posters will be available in Goods AFTER a show, so who knows with this one.

• Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'm really hoping that Band of Horses gets added to Midtown

You coming Roger?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford