Options

Alpine valley........

Comments

• Options
    Listening to Wash night 2 while going through my boots trying to determine which were stolen.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Listening to Wash night 2 while going through my boots trying to determine which were stolen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqNcdslz1fA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Actual video my buddy took from our seats of Release. Yes, that is me screaming a couple times, "I called it! I fkn called it!". :lol:

I had called Release as the opener since the day they announced they would play PJ20 and we bet on it the night before. The video is pretty raw, but it's good and you can really tell just how loud it was down where our seats were.....fkn awesome experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTF426at90
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    Maybe a reach here but if Apline this year is another "festival" type thing can anyone else see a lineup like this coming together. Alot of the bands at the DeLuna festival have huge PJ connections.

I'd love to see these bands at Alpine for round 2...

Foo Fighters
    Gaslight Anthem - BOB produced their new album, touring with SG
    Band of Horses - toured with them in 2010
    The Wallflowers - Jack Irons is drumming for them
    Guided By Voices - Pollard opened 2 shows in 2006
    Corin Tucker Band
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Maybe a reach here but if Apline this year is another "festival" type thing can anyone else see a lineup like this coming together. Alot of the bands at the DeLuna festival have huge PJ connections.

Foo Fighters
    Corin Tucker Band

Interesting, I think ALpine will start the tour and they will tour through September doing the midwest and south.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496

Foo Fighters
    Corin Tucker Band

Interesting, I think ALpine will start the tour and they will tour through September doing the midwest and south.

I'm thinking the same thing. There were strong Des Moines rumors going on. So how about WI to IA down through OK and TX and across the south? I'll take that and let's have Gaslight open the PJ only shows while we're at it.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    With the DeLuna fest announcement, I like the odds of Alpine as they will be playing the states anyway. Bring on the US tour!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    cgm93cgm93 Posts: 32

Foo Fighters
    Corin Tucker Band

I'm thinking the same thing. There were strong Des Moines rumors going on. So how about WI to IA down through OK and TX and across the south? I'll take that and let's have Gaslight open the PJ only shows while we're at it.

We need a stop in St. Louis on the way down from Iowa! :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    cgm93 wrote:
    We need a stop in St. Louis on the way down from Iowa! :D

they just did st louis a couple of years ago. so i doubt they would stop again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    pureoc wrote:
    With the DeLuna fest announcement, I like the odds of Alpine as they will be playing the states anyway. Bring on the US tour!!!

+1
  • Options
    Bump for the best...and here is a link I found while trying to track a package at work.

http://bcove.me/3ambq971

It's great PJ is doing their part for our mother Earth, but I must say what I took most out of the video was...I want the AV 2011 boots/boxset already!!

The last of the video where they show a shot from the rafters of PJ20 at Alpine...goosebumps.

' :wave: to all my friends'
  • Options
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I think about you often sweet alpine :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    I think about you often sweet alpine :D
  • Options
    I was really looking forward to PJ21 being there again for Labor Day weekend, but it's starting to sound pretty meek it will happen again. But still trying to remian optimistic.

I MISS YOU ALREDDDDDDDIE
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Listening to it again, and it makes me so fucking happy that I was there. Through the pissy rain, the overpriced beers and the huge lines. It was the ultimate weekend with the best band in the world and the best fans and friends. I don't give a ratsass <
    speedyism ;) what people (mb) say about the first night set either. It was the best weekend of my life. Here's to alpine and PJ20!!
    #freespeedy

It was the best weekened ever. Even through all the madness I would do it all over again. Silly question...but what were people saying about first night set? I thought it was pretty damn awesome myself. Just sayin...
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    we have to go back...

You can always go back. ;)
  • Options
    Listening to it again, and it makes me so fucking happy that I was there. Through the pissy rain, the overpriced beers and the huge lines. It was the ultimate weekend with the best band in the world and the best fans and friends. I don't give a ratsass <
    speedyism ;) what people (mb) say about the first night set either. It was the best weekend of my life. Here's to alpine and PJ20!!
    #freespeedy

It was the best weekened ever. Even through all the madness I would do it all over again. Silly question...but what were people saying about first night set? I thought it was pretty damn awesome myself. Just sayin...
    That they were no impressed with the set.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    #freespeedy

That's Ludicrous! The first night set was way better than night 2. They start out with Release. Push me Pull me, In Hiding, Who You Are, In The Moonlight, and Love Reign O'er Me.

Come on! Killer Setlist any day of the week.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    #freespeedy

I thought night 1 was exponentially better than night 2.
  • Options
    I thought night 1 was better than night 2 as well...craziness althought both were equally wonderful in their own unique ways. But if I had to pick...definitely night one was best to me.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Options
    I thought night 1 was better than night 2 as well...craziness althought both were equally wonderful in their own unique ways. But if I had to pick...definitely night one was best to me.

Quite possibly the best performance of Release of their career?

The variety of the songs from the set on Night 1 was amazing, howver kind of a weak second encore in my opinion because I think they ran out of time. I heard somewhere else that the original setlist was supposed to include Yesterdays, Present Tense, Down, I Got Id and the encore was supposed to include Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns and supposed to end the night with Indifference - but like I said, they ran out of time. Imagine that setlist? :shock:

So lucky I was there. Not too shabby seats either! Lottery!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    YLed2 wrote:

The variety of the songs from the set on Night 1 was amazing, howver kind of a weak second encore in my opinion because I think they ran out of time. I heard somewhere else that the original setlist was supposed to include Yesterdays, Present Tense, Down, I Got Id and the encore was supposed to include Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns and supposed to end the night with Indifference - but like I said, they ran out of time. Imagine that setlist? :shock:

You are correct about the stuff that got left off of night 1, I wish they could have fit all of those in! I thought both nights were great but I'd probably lean towards night 1 if I had to pick a favorite. I just can't wait for the bootlegs. And you are so lucky winning the lottery on this special night! :o
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    YLed2 wrote:

You are correct about the stuff that got left off of night 1, I wish they could have fit all of those in! I thought both nights were great but I'd probably lean towards night 1 if I had to pick a favorite. I just can't wait for the bootlegs. And you are so lucky winning the lottery on this special night! :o
    wow indeed win the lotery!!
  • Options
    Amazing band, amazings fans :wave: , amazing weekend.

Truly an experience I will never forget.
  • Options
    we have to go back......Kate....we have to go back
  • Options
    its ok..tell us..when we will do it again..its ok...we love you anyway....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qChewj2hf7M
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

:D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options

Maybe an announcement this week? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oplZsGFW6xo
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    JB109352JB109352 Posts: 45
    we have to go back...
    Just had a total flashback to Lost! God I miss that fricking show. I have never been so engrossed in a television show before or since. Maybe a rewatch of the whole series is in order :corn: