Options

**Vedder Poster **Winner announced**

13»

Comments

• Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Loujoe wrote:
    in arizona we were front row at desert pavilion stone side...just a show short of PJ10...EV looked down to a woman standing right next me...he was handing his tambrine to her...I compulsively snatched it...i know uncool...i had it for a few minutes then he looked kind of pissed so i went to hand it back to the girl and someone else grabbed it and it got passed around for a while and made it back to her...

Mike Watt EV DG at Tramps NYC 97ish...great show...

If you pick me give the poster to the tamborine girl

Will do but what if some one snatches it from her :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    Bump for awesome thread :D
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:
    Bump for awesome thread :D

:D 6 Days left to enter :D
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    If I won this I would hang it in my bedroom! A girl can dream right? :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I've never met him but his voice is what drew me to Pearl Jam. I'm looking forward to spending my 25th birthday at his how in Tulsa! :D
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    MattCam420 wrote:
    I once, in high school, ordered a pizza as Eddie Vedder :lol:

Also, at the New Orleans 03 show at the UNO Lakefront arena, I was in about the 8th row center and attempting to leave early :oops: ( I know), I had to work really early (6 am) and had a 3 hour drive home and was exhausted. This was the only time ever at a show, I was gonna skip out a little early to beat the crowd and get home. However, after "Know Your Rights" I was attempting my exit when I hear over the mic "We're not done with you yet!" I turn around and I swear he is looking right at me and my friend! Needless to say, I smiled and returned to my seat. Never left a PJ show early since :D . In fact, if you go listen to the boot from the 03 show, you can hear him say it right after KYR. So, thanks Ed, for making me realize my mistake and feeling like a zombie the next day at work :lol: .

Thanks for the chance btw, that print is amazing!

:lol::lol::lol: ur pizza story made me laugh!!! brilliant!!! :lol:
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Suziemay wrote:
    Wow, you're doing a giveaway too? Very cool! Don't include me, but I will share!

Waited outside the Beacon after night 1, think it was 2+ hours? Can't remember now. Ed finally comes out and I thought for sure all that waiting was for nothing but sure enough of all the hands reaching out he managed to grab mine, and he made eye contact and said thank you. I tried to say, "No, thank YOU" but there were a ton of screaming people around me so he quickly made his way to the opposite end where there were less screaming people and talked to some fans.

It was more like a lingering hand-hold than a handshake. Ed's got soft hands :mrgreen::mrgreen:

someone who got to shake his hand once, told me the same thing! That his hands are soft! OOOOoooh! I hope I get to shake his sot hands one day :)
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    My math may be off by 1 or 3 but as of now 53 entrees. I guess thats odds of 1 and 53 chance of winning :D
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Here is my entry:

A week and a half ago, I had surgery. I was absolutely terrified. I hadn't been put under anesthesia since the mid-1980's, and was really, really afraid of that whole thing, mostly because about 10 years ago, one of my high school girlfriends went in for a 'routine operation' and died on the operating table.

I was really, really scared.

Before the surgery, the anesthesiologist came into the room to discuss what he would do, etc. And as he was walking in the door, my girlfriend who had brought me to the hospital, etc was making some sort of joke about Pearl Jam, trying to cheer me up. The anesthesiologist overheard the joke as he was walking in, then asked if I had any 'concerns'. I told him about my fears...and he said "Well, do I understand that you like Pearl Jam or something?" and my friend piped in and said "Oh GOD yeah...she is a HUGE fan!!!" The anesthesiologist then said that he had some PJ music and that he'd play it all through the surgery for me in the operating room! Obviously, I would be asleep...but I'm a believer in the subconscious being able to do amazing things...and so I told him I would be quite happy if he'd do that.

20 minutes later when I arrived in the operating room, he had Even Flow playing. I was so relieved! Everything was so bright and white and stainless steel and scary...and everyone was wearing masks...But Eddie's voice was there, among all that unfamiliarity. And because of that, I knew it would be okay. I was out before the end of the song.

Later a nurse in the recovery room told me that the anesthesiologist did indeed play Pearl Jam for the entire 2 hours of my surgery. And that it was the hit of everyone's morning!

So there you go...my Eddie story.

Thanks...and good luck to all.
  • Options
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Here is my entry:

A week and a half ago, I had surgery. I was absolutely terrified. I hadn't been put under anesthesia since the mid-1980's, and was really, really afraid of that whole thing, mostly because about 10 years ago, one of my high school girlfriends went in for a 'routine operation' and died on the operating table.

I was really, really scared.

Before the surgery, the anesthesiologist came into the room to discuss what he would do, etc. And as he was walking in the door, my girlfriend who had brought me to the hospital, etc was making some sort of joke about Pearl Jam, trying to cheer me up. The anesthesiologist overheard the joke as he was walking in, then asked if I had any 'concerns'. I told him about my fears...and he said "Well, do I understand that you like Pearl Jam or something?" and my friend piped in and said "Oh GOD yeah...she is a HUGE fan!!!" The anesthesiologist then said that he had some PJ music and that he'd play it all through the surgery for me in the operating room! Obviously, I would be asleep...but I'm a believer in the subconscious being able to do amazing things...and so I told him I would be quite happy if he'd do that.

20 minutes later when I arrived in the operating room, he had Even Flow playing. I was so relieved! Everything was so bright and white and stainless steel and scary...and everyone was wearing masks...But Eddie's voice was there, among all that unfamiliarity. And because of that, I knew it would be okay. I was out before the end of the song.

Later a nurse in the recovery room told me that the anesthesiologist did indeed play Pearl Jam for the entire 2 hours of my surgery. And that it was the hit of everyone's morning!

So there you go...my Eddie story.

Thanks...and good luck to all.

Nice. :clap:
  • Options
    Last Day to enter.

This is a great print people. I will be drawing a name on April 1st :D
  • Options
    good luck everyone! :D
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    i still have an unused front row..................balcony ticket for the ryman. just waiting until they invent that go back in time machine so i can use it.
  • Options
    jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    I'll take a chance.. Only interaction with Eddie is 2 decades of great music

Ty
  • Options
    The Winner is kellanazzie.

I will send PM asking for details on where to ship :DThanks to all that shared their stories and entered this give away. I wish I had a poster for all of you.

Thanks again, Don :D
  • Options
    great job dwhite76, congrats kellanazzie :clap::clap:
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    :shock: WOW!! Thanks so much Don!! Just amazing &
    I think I had a hot flash when I saw my inbox this morn. :D
    I won $100 once from a radio station, back in 1986 I think it was, so this is womderful.
    Awesome giveaway 8-) TY TY TY!!!
  • Options
    Wow, congratulations to the winner - an awesome giveaway for sure!! :mrgreen:
    "That guy you used to be, he’s still in the car. He’ll always be in the car. Just don’t let him drive." -- Eddie