Options

There's a Ten doormat up for bid on e-bay

Up Here In My TreeUp Here In My Tree Posts: 541
edited March 2012 in Lost Dogs
Unfortunately, the minimum bid is $999. If I hadn't just bought Benaroya I'd be all over it. Just can't justify that cost right now.

Looks to be in good shape
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    that's a riduculous price imho. is that the one that claims less than 50 produced? i don't know production numbers for sure, but i've easily seen 200 of them on the bay in the last 10 years. every one of them been sold 4 times?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Good question. I have no idea how many were produced but I've only seen it twice on e-bay and never on these boards or pjcollectors. To be fair, I'm never looking for the doormat specifically. But it would be cool to have at a more reasonable price.
  • Options
    i wouldn't go any higher than a two or thee hundred bucks for a VERY nice one. there's a slightly worn one up right now for only 99 bucks....

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    There were several hundred of these produced, and these typically fetch ~$200 (give or take) depending on the condition. They also show up on eBay every so often, and the guy asking $999 or best offer for his and claiming less than 50 were made is delusional to say the least.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Sorry if I was missleading, the seller is not claiming that 50 or so were made. He's not claiming a number at all.

Where is the one selling for $99? Is that on e-bay? I'm very interested at that price.
  • Options
    Found it - never mind
  • Options
    nah it's me who said that. i thought i read it in his descrip. another one recently sold claimed "less than 150".

just search pearl jam door mat on ebay. the two of them should pop right up....

• Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    There's two on ebay.. one is 999, the is 99....................
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    100 Pacer wrote:
    There were several hundred of these produced, and these typically fetch ~$200 (give or take) depending on the condition. They also show up on eBay every so often, and the guy asking $999 or best offer for his and claiming less than 50 were made is delusional to say the least.
    There arent THAT many of them popping up lately, but they are around more often than you'd think.

I'd say a worn one is going to be close to $200, and a perfectly new one maybe $300-$400? Its a really iconic promo and we all know PJ prices have been skyrocketing the last few years. There's no right answer either - I've been so wrong guessing values lately its an impossible thing to gauge.

If you do want one, just dont pay $999 -- that is definitely insane. :lol:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    I wish someone would make a bootleg version of one of these and sell them for cheap
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Back when Ten came out my buddy worked in a CD store and got a unused one of those from the Epic rep. He gave it to me and told me I could never sell it. I had it framed and hung it on my wall. About 7 years ago I met a fan named Cyndi Wright at a PJ gig.She made such an impression on my buddy and I in terms of her passion for the band that I asked my buddy if he was cool with me giving her the Doormat. I shipped it to her as a suprise. That was a fun item to give away.

Andrew
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    This thing weighs a ton!!! Imagine shipping theses days would be brutal
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    pdalowsky wrote:
    This thing weighs a ton!!! Imagine shipping theses days would be brutal

I had one shipped to me from the States a few years back. I believe postage was ~$30. It certainly is a heavy item.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    I think its about 16 pounds. I seem to remember that # when I gave mine away and mailed it
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    I've been looking for one of these for a long time. Been watching eBay for about a year now for this thing, and I've seen them listed for 300, 499, 550, 799 and 999. None of them have sold. If for any reason someone has one in good condition, I have a yield lp in good condition I'd be willing to swap for it maybe plus some cash to make it a bit more enticing.