**Star Trek Fan Thread**

eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Watching 'Insurrection' on Channel 4 in Ireland, great movie. I grew up with 'The Next Generation' when I was in college. My dad was a big fan in the '60's of the original.

Any Star Trek Lovers here?

New movie (Star Trek 2) is currently under production. I thought the Star Trek remake was top shelf.

Post your favourite Star Trek episodes, movies, quotes here.

Live long and prosper!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Look, I'm a doctor, not an escalator
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    eddiec wrote:
    Watching 'Insurrection' on Channel 4 in Ireland, great movie. I grew up with 'The Next Generation' when I was in college. About the same time Ten came out. My dad was a big fan in the '60's of the original.

Any Star Trek Lovers here?

New movie (Star Trek 2) is currently under production. I thought the Star Trek remake was top shelf.

Post your favourite Star Trek episodes, movies, quotes here.

Live long and prosper!

Star Trek: The Next Generation' had a good run. I would catch an episode every now and then. Always enjoyed my space shows :D

The remake was awesome, not just for a Star Trek movie, but for any movie period. It had a great feel to it. I'm excited about part 2...

I was reading that they were going to film the sequel in Real 3D, but are now planning to shoot it in 2D and then up-convert the movie to 3D...Major Lameness,
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Kaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    number 1, go take a number 2
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I liked the original show on reruns and the first 2 movies. It was OK after that.

In college, late night one night....knock on my door. Neighbor wants to come in and bring a friend and partake in some green, leafy materials which I was known to harbor.
    Said sure, come on in.
    In he comes w/the kid from Stand By Me, who was also on Star Trek The Next Generation. Got good and baked and he was a total tool.
    In retrospect he probably had other things to do with his days than get wasted so I was probably the total tool.
    :lol: But I could party like a champ those many years ago!

wil-wheaton.jpg
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Love it !

but hope there's no test ;) I'd be a fan of the original too and all the old movies

we enjoyed a marathon months ago on a Sunday

I still have a crush on Kirk

James_Kirks_evil_counterpart.jpg

awesome stuff :D
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    pandora wrote:
    Love it !

but hope there's no test ;) I'd be a fan of the original too and all the old movies

The King of a new form of acting called: Pause acting. :lol:
    eddiec wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Love it !

The King of a new form of acting called: Pause acting. :lol:
    :lol: his voice pause manner of speaking pause always just sends pause with emphasis
    .... me! :lol:

that pic is evil Kirk ... :twisted:
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I've always been a huge fan. Deep Space Nine is my favorite Star Trek show, with Next Generation close behind. I like The Original Series and all their movies (except for 5) quite a lot as well. I've been wanting to do a Next Gen and DS9 rewatch for a while now even though I've seen several of the episodes many times..especially the classic TNG ones. Not really a fan of Voyager or Enterprise.

While watching Breaking Bad for the first time, I recently saw the episodes with John DeLancie (Q). I always like watching stuff and unexpectedly seeing Star Trek actors in them.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "This is Ceti Alpha Five".....one of my favorite all-time movies....loved TOS and TNG...Voyager was cool, but I missed a lot of its later run....Enterprise was hit or miss....but will sit down to watch re-runs.

Deep Space Nine....ahhhh my beloved DS9....the pinnacle of the TV franchise.....own all seven seasons on DVD :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    "This is Ceti Alpha Five".....one of my favorite all-time movies....loved TOS and TNG...Voyager was cool, but I missed a lot of its later run....Enterprise was hit or miss....but will sit down to watch re-runs.

Deep Space Nine....ahhhh my beloved DS9....the pinnacle of the TV franchise.....own all seven seasons on DVD :ugeek:

When the DS9 writers created 'the Dominion' they brought the series to a whole new level.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Funny, I was just wishing for a Star Trek thread so I could post this picture:

star-trek-light-e1332030686285.jpg

It recently sold on etsy.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    eddiec wrote:
    tybird wrote:

When the DS9 writers created 'the Dominion' they brought the series to a whole new level.
    Ben Sisko was a whole new level....but you are quite correct, the Dominion War really separated DS9 from all other Trek series....the introduction of the Borg to did the same thing for TNG.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Funny, I was just wishing for a Star Trek thread so I could post this picture:

star-trek-light-e1332030686285.jpg

It recently sold on etsy.

I want one!
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    This is my kind of thread! If there were a test I'd probably place in the top percentile (and yeah, I'm proud of that).

35lpxd.jpg
    These guys are hard core! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6feDDeCFvpE
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I saw Capt Kirk speak last labor day at a convention and Capt Picard is lined up for this labor day :geek:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    In honour of William Shatner's 81st birthday, here is one of his finest acting moments in Star Trek. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPl ... ata_player
    In honour of William Shatner's 81st birthday, here is one of his finest acting moments in Star Trek. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPl ... ata_player
    I will seek to find the whole episode :geek:

that was awesome! found a bit more now I am intrigued

thank you :D

could God be a bad guy in this ;) he met his match in Kirk

Happy Birthday Bill! :clap: Love you dearly!!
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    The original series is my favorite. I'm also a fan of TNG and DS9. I'm not a Voyager fan at all. Enterprise was just starting to get pretty good when it was canceled.
    My favorite of the movies (have seen them all) is the 2nd one. The fifth is my least favorite but I thought the first one wasn't very good either.
    Probably my favorite episode of the entire franchise is "The City On The Edge Of Forever" from the original series. Joan Collins plays a social worker in Depression-era Chicago. I won't say any more in case someone hasn't seen it...would hate to spoil this gem for anyone. The last line of the episode: "We were successful." - Spock
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Yefa wrote:
    The original series is my favorite. I'm also a fan of TNG and DS9. I'm not a Voyager fan at all. Enterprise was just starting to get pretty good when it was canceled.
    My favorite of the movies (have seen them all) is the 2nd one. The fifth is my least favorite but I thought the first one wasn't very good either.
    Probably my favorite episode of the entire franchise is "The City On The Edge Of Forever" from the original series. Joan Collins plays a social worker in Depression-era Chicago. I won't say any more in case someone hasn't seen it...would hate to spoil this gem for anyone. The last line of the episode: "We were successful." - Spock
    That's my favourite episode too. Anytime I see it on TV there's no turning it off. Top quality, for sure.
    Yefa wrote:

That is my favorite episode of the original series as well. My favorite line of that episode is Spock's line to McCoy at the end.

William Shatner is also in Dallas today performing his one man broadway show. I'm not going though.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935
    I love the next generation but I never had the chance to watch all the seasons from the next generation and i've never watched the other series, now and then I watch next gen on netflix.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    I had the pleasure of being unemployed for about 2 months before my current job.
    So I went and filled out a bunch of applications, then went home and waited...
    If anyone else has nothing but free time I HIGHLY recommend watching DS9 start to finish. :lol:
    SOOOOOO good! :ugeek:
    MLMF Det
    Yefa wrote:
    Written by Harlan Ellison
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    tybird wrote:
    Yefa wrote:
    Written by Harlan Ellison

He is indeed the credited writer on the eppie. It was largely rewritten before filming began, however. See the link below for details on the differences between Ellison's original script and what was filmed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_o ... Production
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    I had the pleasure of being unemployed for about 2 months before my current job.
    If anyone else has nothing but free time I HIGHLY recommend watching DS9 start to finish. :lol:

I've been wanting to do that since the show became available on Netflix. I got through 2 episodes, but there's just so many other shows I've been watching for the first time i'm having to put shows I've already seen on the backburner. I still want to watch Star Trek in "timeline order" some day starting with Enterprise, TOS, TOS Movies, TNG, and ending with DS9. TNG and DS9 episodes would be alternated duing the time when they aired concurrently. :ugeek: I'm fine with leaving out Enterprise and starting with TOS though. I'd probably also leave out some of the lesser episodes of TOS and TNG if I did this. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Better Dan wrote:

I've been wanting to do that since the show became available on Netflix. I got through 2 episodes, but there's just so many other shows I've been watching for the first time i'm having to put shows I've already seen on the backburner. I still want to watch Star Trek in "timeline order" some day starting with Enterprise, TOS, TOS Movies, TNG, and ending with DS9. TNG and DS9 episodes would be alternated duing the time when they aired concurrently. :ugeek: I'm fine with leaving out Enterprise and starting with TOS though. I'd probably also leave out some of the lesser episodes of TOS and TNG if I did this. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
    :lol:
    FYI...My girl wanted to KILL me! I was not working and watching "Star Track"(she just says it to piss me off :lol: ) all day. It was great. :?
    "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" holds a special place in my heart. :ugeek: :lol:
    MLMF Det
    pandora wrote:
    I will seek to find the whole episode :geek:

that was awesome! found a bit more now I am intrigued

thank you :D

could God be a bad guy in this ;) he met his match in Kirk

Happy Birthday Bill! :clap: Love you dearly!!

As cool and funny as that scene is, it comes from the worst Star Trek movie ever made- the 5th.