what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Jamily.... I was thinking this morning about when I first started listening to Pearl Jam 20 years ago. I still have that same feeling when I pop in a cd of theirs. The goose bumps, excitement, adrenaline, the good and the bad feelings. Although I could of never, ever believed that so many friendships could have been built through there music. The Jamily means so much to us. :D:D
    John and Shawna
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Seeing fun. in NYC in June!!! Yaaaayyy! Should be exactly what the band name says- fun!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Leaving this place for the whole summer? :think:
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    paysonites wrote:
    Jamily.... I was thinking this morning about when I first started listening to Pearl Jam 20 years ago. I still have that same feeling when I pop in a cd of theirs. The goose bumps, excitement, adrenaline, the good and the bad feelings. Although I could of never, ever believed that so many friendships could have been built through there music. The Jamily means so much to us. :D:D

:clap:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    samjam wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    wow. music never ceases to amaze me. :)
    Me too, me too. It's a beautiful thing! I consider myself lucky to be someone who gets so completely affected by music! I feel bad for those who don't!!

I feel the same way! I feel bad for people that just don't "get" music like many of us do. I've been in love with music since I was a little kid. I can remember rummaging through my stepdad's vinyl collection as early as 6 or 7...good memories :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    afroannnie wrote:

I feel the same way! I feel bad for people that just don't "get" music like many of us do. I've been in love with music since I was a little kid. I can remember rummaging through my stepdad's vinyl collection as early as 6 or 7...good memories :D

I don't trust anyone that doesn't love music. I work with a woman who "just never got into it". :shock: What a sad life that must be! I just don't get it! Music has been heavily in my life for as long as I can remember. And there's so much out there! We're so lucky!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I may not have to work this weekend!

2uge4p4.gifgreenstars.gifbliss.gif19.gifstudsmatta.gif
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Soundwave festival today with my big bro Iain! :D:D looking forward to seeing Bad Religion! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Suziemay wrote:

Those are cute animated gifs.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Those are cute animated gifs.
    I can't take credit, all I do is go here: http://www.pic4ever.com/

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Just got an email from a colleague saying that he was switching phones yesterday and found a picture of me riding a mechanical bull from a trade show a few years back... :oops: I really need to learn to be more stealth in my outside-of-work excursions!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Just got an email from a colleague saying that he was switching phones yesterday and found a picture of me riding a mechanical bull from a trade show a few years back... :oops: I really need to learn to be more stealth in my outside-of-work excursions!

I rode a mechanical bull at a trade show once...

no 81, there are no pictures :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I rode a mechanical bull at a trade show once...

no 81, there are no pictures :lol:

:lol:

I love me a good trade show!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,343
    I have to steal these, cause that's what's on my mind right now :D
    Suziemay wrote:

I have to steal these, cause that's what's on my mind right now :D
    Suziemay wrote:

:clap::clap: :wave:
    I suddenly have a hot date tonight...

with me... :cry:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I suddenly have a hot date tonight...

with me... :cry:

:( Where's the Mr.?
    afroannnie wrote:

out schmoozing with some corporate boss...again.

*sigh* I really wanted to go out to dinner...sushi, steakhouse, italian...

- Christopher McCandless
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i always find myself singing crazy mary while taking a shower :?
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:( Can you go tomorrow?
    people that show up to a party empty handed piss me the fuck off :x

i'm tempted to tell them that they can't drink unless they go to the store and get something
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:( Can you go tomorrow?

prob not...he's being a poopie head lately.

Should I find a date here? :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

:wave: there are a bunch of morons at my house right now and i'm trying to ditch this "party"
    conman wrote:

i'm tempted to tell them that they can't drink unless they go to the store and get something

and tell them to bring something better than miller high life :P
    RKCNDY wrote:

prob not...he's being a poopie head lately.

I'm sure you could find 1 or 2 here :lol:

81..is your cousin available?
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:wave: there are a bunch of morons at my house right now and i'm trying to ditch this "party"

sure...c'mon over! :D

- Christopher McCandless
    afroannnie wrote:
    conman wrote:

and tell them to bring something better than miller high life :P
    :lol:

seriously, there will be a fight if someone drinks my high life
    RKCNDY wrote:
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

sure...c'mon over! :D
    i'll catch the next flight out ;)
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Finally- Burke fired Wilson
    Took long enough
    Still won't make the playoffs
    Gibson1972