Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Maybe this is what happened to me?? :fp: :fp:

Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years and didn't know it
    Apparently what happens in Vegas stays there ... until your lawyer finds out about it.

Such is the lesson Janeane Garofalo and writer/producer Rob Cohen reportedly learned when they discovered they'd been married for the past 20 years, and just didn't know it.

According to the New York Post's Page Six, Garofalo recently recounted the scenario during the "Ben Stiller Show" reunion at the New York Comedy Festival. The 44-year-old comedic actress said that she married Cohen, a former writer for the "Ben Stiller Show," in Vegas as a joke, not realizing that the marriage was the real deal.

"Rob and I got married, for real, which we had to have a notary dissolve not 30 minutes before we got here tonight,” Garofalo said Saturday. “We were married for 20 years until this evening.”

It all began the way most things happen in Vegas (or so we hear): with plenty of drinks.

"We got married drunk .... We dated for a year, and we got married at a drive-through chapel in a cab," she recalled. "[We thought] you have to go to the downtown courthouse and sign papers and stuff, so who knew? We were married, and apparently now that [Rob] is getting married for real, his lawyer dug up something."

You were married to Rob Cohen?
  • Options
    How that test totally just boned me
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    As it seems my container actually has suffered significant water damage because of Sandy even though the company said it was fine. Going through my pack list makes my heart is sink lower and lower. I know this is just material things, but those boxes contained the reduced remnants of my life :cry: I hope some of the stuff is salvageable :?
    oh boy..hope all gets well with that..think positive

I'm trying, Dimi. I try not to think about everything that was in there and not to think about books being exposed to water :? I hope the insurance pays if nothing can be saved. But maybe the records survived?!

Oh no... :( I hope your vinyl survived!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    DS1119 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Maybe this is what happened to me?? :fp: :fp:

Janeane Garofalo was married for 20 years and didn't know it
    Apparently what happens in Vegas stays there ... until your lawyer finds out about it.

Such is the lesson Janeane Garofalo and writer/producer Rob Cohen reportedly learned when they discovered they'd been married for the past 20 years, and just didn't know it.

According to the New York Post's Page Six, Garofalo recently recounted the scenario during the "Ben Stiller Show" reunion at the New York Comedy Festival. The 44-year-old comedic actress said that she married Cohen, a former writer for the "Ben Stiller Show," in Vegas as a joke, not realizing that the marriage was the real deal.

"Rob and I got married, for real, which we had to have a notary dissolve not 30 minutes before we got here tonight,” Garofalo said Saturday. “We were married for 20 years until this evening.”

It all began the way most things happen in Vegas (or so we hear): with plenty of drinks.

"We got married drunk .... We dated for a year, and we got married at a drive-through chapel in a cab," she recalled. "[We thought] you have to go to the downtown courthouse and sign papers and stuff, so who knew? We were married, and apparently now that [Rob] is getting married for real, his lawyer dug up something."

You were married to Rob Cohen?

that would explain a a lot
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    As it seems my container actually has suffered significant water damage because of Sandy even though the company said it was fine. Going through my pack list makes my heart is sink lower and lower. I know this is just material things, but those boxes contained the reduced remnants of my life :cry: I hope some of the stuff is salvageable :?

:( :( So sorry to hear that hun.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    is it december yet? :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    pork shank
  • Options

I'm surprised Rick missed this one!

That sounds dirty.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I'm surprised Rick missed this one!

That sounds dirty.

too busy thinking about pork shanking. or is it shank porking?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

That sounds dirty!

Damn your gutter mind! :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

That sounds dirty!

Damn your gutter mind! :lol:

its all your fault, enabler
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    1. Pack list=smart
    2. Material things are sentimental, and it may not matter in the grand scheme, but I feel that sentiment (much of my stuff has been in storage for over 4 years--getting it out in December, FINALLY, and I have missed it and dread finding out what I have lost--it represents a lifetime)
    and, 3. I HOPE IT IS MOSTLY SAVED, (of course, with the vinyl). :)
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    $15,000 for a lower set of dentures for my dad, who is a veteran and has medicare benefits (under which dentures are not covered)?!?!?!? You have GOT to be kidding me!!
    (and no, he's not getting them). That's crazy to me.
  • Options
    all six of them
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    sex with all six of them
    fixed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Scored a bunch of sweet concert posters at my internship today!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    samjam wrote:

that's awesome Sam!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    screenhunter_03-dec-10-1329-1.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    samjam wrote:

that's awesome Sam!
    Thanks! Sure made a couple hours of poster re-organizing worthwhile! :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    wondering why a woman would marry a rapist only hours after he hit her
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    wondering why a woman would marry a rapist only hours after he hit her
    because, "she can save him and help him change into a better man" :fp:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Lisa's boxes :(
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    12 feet wide
    $15 Million
    Biggest screen in baseball history

All for the losing-est team in baseball

:thumbdown:

money would have been better spent on a really good player

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    12 feet wide
    $15 Million
    Biggest screen in baseball history

All for the losing-est team in baseball

:thumbdown:

money would have been better spent on a really good player

Smart
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    EmBleve wrote:
    ozgurkd wrote:
    world also should not be as injust and full of fake people as it looks like these days
    must just be my eyes my tired eyes
    maybe it's not.

Yes sure maybe it is not
    already had left the door open for that
    maybe i am fake and bad whatever
    would love it better being a dishonest, fake, cruel etc person but functioning
    oh maybe it was for the sake of good people that I was cleared off the road for a while...made a slave of insomnia so world could take a break :)))

sorry, I am in sour mood
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    The amount of responsibility I have right now at 20 years old is freaking mindboggling.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    The amount of responsibility I have right now at 20 years old is freaking mindboggling.

Have a beer
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

Have a beer
    I like this suggestion right about now.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Have a beer
    I like this suggestion right about now.

Now you're getting the hang of it
  • Options
    thrust.gif