Options

Toronto 9/11 Poster For Trade

13»

Comments

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    j1kotwic wrote:
    I can honestly say I had no idea that making this post could be considered distasteful. I actually thought that I was doing what you are supposed to be doing on Lost Dogs. I didn't realize that it would cause any disruption whatsoever... I read the rules on posting/trading and figured I was good to go. I was unaware of any other unsaid rules...as I am not big into blogs or forums (I only visit PJ forum, and do so seldom). And I was a bit defensive when people started attacking me, I apologize for that. If I do try to trade anything in the future on lost dogs, I will take others thoughts into further consideration so as to not hurt so many feelings. Ok, those are my final thoughts on this thread for now. Have a good weekend.

You have nothing to apologize for. Just ignore the angry mob. The majority of the people who frequent this forum have no issue with what you did.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    j1kotwic wrote:
    I can honestly say I had no idea that making this post could be considered distasteful. I actually thought that I was doing what you are supposed to be doing on Lost Dogs. I didn't realize that it would cause any disruption whatsoever... I read the rules on posting/trading and figured I was good to go. I was unaware of any other unsaid rules...as I am not big into blogs or forums (I only visit PJ forum, and do so seldom). And I was a bit defensive when people started attacking me, I apologize for that. If I do try to trade anything in the future on lost dogs, I will take others thoughts into further consideration so as to not hurt so many feelings. Ok, those are my final thoughts on this thread for now. Have a good weekend.

You have nothing to apologize for. Just ignore the angry mob. The majority of the people who frequent this forum have no issue with what you did.

+1 :thumbup:
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    It just hurts the person that wanted to buy the last poster (AND KEEP IT, because he really wanted it) and couldn't because it was sold out, all because some &#%&&*^* bought one just to trade away. :evil: :evil:

I don't know the specifics of this pretty heated discussion but in reading the recent posts this comes to mind. Can't said person above who missed out buy the exact same individual Toronto poster from elwayvedder's charity sale and donate money to a good cause at the same time?? :think:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    thank you all who have shown such heart in this thread. Just for newbies and people that haven't lurked here in some time, we are talking about this:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=180420

and with hopefully a new fund-raising thread coming to a Lost Dogs forum near you soon (just waiting for 1 major donation to finalize before posting)!
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Aussie357 wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    j1kotwic wrote:

+1 :thumbup:

+2 :thumbup:
    Classy move Aussie357 :clap:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    Hey guys, I have a copy of the Edmonton Emek poster for trade. I havent gotten it yet, as I have no idea when it will be offered for sale or if I'll really even be able to buy it.

But yeah, I'd like to trade it for a Billboard poster or maybe even a used car. Feel free to pm me. Thanks.
    you are the only reason i read lost dog forum.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    It just hurts the person that wanted to buy the last poster (AND KEEP IT, because he really wanted it) and couldn't because it was sold out, all because some &#%&&*^* bought one just to trade away. :evil: :evil:

Maybe a scalper would have bought that last poster and put it on ebay, you never know. See? It all worked out for the best even though it's none of my business since I didn't buy the poster.

Nice work, OP! You didn't do anything wrong. You bought the poster with your hard-earned money so it's yours to do what you wish.
  • Options
    They are going to be releasing more PJ20 posters I think, so you might be a little too preemptive here!

j1kotwic wrote:
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    j1kotwic wrote:
    I can post a picture when I get it... I just bought it from 10c yesterday and I should receive it in the mail next week.

Flipping already.... :roll:
    You have'nt even received it yet! :P

Hhaha I know, a bit preemptive on the trade (not flipping, flipping is selling for a profit). But I've wanted a PJ20 Poster since September 3rd, and still haven't been able to get one yet!
    Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11,2003, House Of Blues Orlando - Apr 12, 2003, St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003,Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004, Cruzan Amphitheatre - Jun 11, 2008, St. Pete Times, Forum - Jun 12, 2008, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• Options
    It`s unfortunate for you (op) that you were the first to throw a trade up here from the "new" posters, and have to take all this heat. I doubt you will be the only one. I`m sure everyone who visits this forum has thought about doin the same sort of thing, I know I have. Can`t wait to see what happens when some of the more coveted posters go up forsale, pretty sure we`ll see some of those up for trade and or ebay. Dwell on the positive - ya did nuthin wrong. peeaaasss
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    DocHinchy wrote:
    It`s unfortunate for you (op) that you were the first to throw a trade up here from the "new" posters, and have to take all this heat. I doubt you will be the only one. I`m sure everyone who visits this forum has thought about doin the same sort of thing, I know I have. Can`t wait to see what happens when some of the more coveted posters go up forsale, pretty sure we`ll see some of those up for trade and or ebay. Dwell on the positive - ya did nuthin wrong. peeaaasss

This.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL