Options

Toronto 9/11 Poster For Trade

Comments

• Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    PJ51390 wrote:
    Whatever! Nothing escapes me Vitalogy man!

This place is "fucking doomed," as you so nicely put it, because someone buys a poster from the 10c on a Thursday and is already trying to trade it for way more than it is worth on a Friday.

And oh yeah, he doesn't even have the poster in his hands before he puts it up to be traded.

Find something productive to do with your time. Evaluating, policing and providing your unneeded opinions trades on pearljam.com does not constitute being productive. If you put this same sort of effort towards something productive you will annoy less people.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    j1kotwic wrote:
    PJ51390 wrote:
    Whatever! Nothing escapes me Vitalogy man!

This place is "fucking doomed," as you so nicely put it, because someone buys a poster from the 10c on a Thursday and is already trying to trade it for way more than it is worth on a Friday.

And oh yeah, he doesn't even have the poster in his hands before he puts it up to be traded.

Find something productive to do with your time. Evaluating, policing and providing your unneeded opinions trades on pearljam.com does not constitute being productive. If you put this same sort of effort towards something productive you will annoy less people.

I guess I could be more productive and sit here on pearljam.com and flip posters all day, will that annoy you less?
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    boyo79 wrote:
    Why not start a thread ISO of the PJ20 poster? Are you gonna buy a poster from each sale and try and trade for the poster you want?!?!?!

So what if he does...

If you guys don't want to make the trade- don't. But back off the guy... The market will work it out.

The Lost Dog parasites are out of control....

A bit over the top don't you think?

OP - start a thread saying you are after the PJ20 poster, you'll have more luck than in this thread. Also check on expressobeans.com
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Which AV are you looking for?
  • Options
    In my opinion, the thread starter didn't do something so wrong to be criticized so much. It's not the best way to find a poster that you're looking for, but OK, let it go. He's looking for a PJ20 poster, he'll probably get it from another guy who is willing to trade a poster that is probably a spare. Come on guys, he didn't try to flip the poster, he didn't try to sell it, he tried to trade it.

It's not only supply and demand, it's also luck. You said that the PJ20 poster is worth more than the Toronto I poster. Well, that's true, but in the bottom line those who were lucky enough or fast enough managed to grab them for $30 from the 10C.
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    Which AV are you looking for?

Any one of them would be cool. I like the Sept. 3 Ames Bros one the most.
  • Options
    pantelis79 wrote:
    In my opinion, the thread starter didn't do something so wrong to be criticized so much. It's not the best way to find a poster that you're looking for, but OK, let it go. He's looking for a PJ20 poster, he'll probably get it from another guy who is willing to trade a poster that is probably a spare. Come on guys, he didn't try to flip the poster, he didn't try to sell it, he tried to trade it.

It's not only supply and demand, it's also luck. You said that the PJ20 poster is worth more than the Toronto I poster. Well, that's true, but in the bottom line those who were lucky enough or fast enough managed to grab them for $30 from the 10C.

This is right.

There is a group of "regulars" here that like to enforce their own set of standards through sarcastic ridicule.

Ignore them.
  • Options
    You guys really need to lay off the OP. I try never to get involved in this kind of demoralizing shit, but you're picking on the guy like a bunch of bitchy vultures with your judgemental, "Holier than thou" attitudes.
    It's not like he's trying to sell a Benny vinyl for $1000 (a 2000% profit on the original price) - both posters were $30-ish upon release, and I'm sure someone who wanted the Toronto probably missed out yesterday and would work a trade out for it.
    This mass response is something I would expect to see after a "Sawyer" move - not from a guy making his FIRST single small post on Lost Dogs. Absolutely rediculous. :roll:
    The whole point of Lost Dogs is to help people get what they're looking for, whether realistic or not - not to ridicule people for trying. You all preach family, support, generosity, charity........... I can't see any of that here.
    @ j1kotwic - not sure which one you want, but I have an extra PJ20 Hampton, and it's yours for the Toronto if you want. When you get the Toronto, send it to elwayvedder for his charity sale. Let me know if that works.
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Aussie357 wrote:
    You guys really need to lay off the OP. I try never to get involved in this kind of demoralizing shit, but you're picking on the guy like a bunch of bitchy vultures with your judgemental, "Holier than thou" attitudes.
    It's not like he's trying to sell a Benny vinyl for $1000 (a 2000% profit on the original price) - both posters were $30-ish upon release, and I'm sure someone who wanted the Toronto probably missed out yesterday and would work a trade out for it.
    This mass response is something I would expect to see after a "Sawyer" move - not from a guy making his FIRST single small post on Lost Dogs. Absolutely rediculous. :roll:
    The whole point of Lost Dogs is to help people get what they're looking for, whether realistic or not - not to ridicule people for trying. You all preach family, support, generosity, charity........... I can't see any of that here.
    @ j1kotwic - not sure which one you want, but I have an extra PJ20 Hampton, and it's yours for the Toronto if you want. When you get the Toronto, send it to elwayvedder for his charity sale. Let me know if that works.

I stand by my comments. You shouldn't look to trade something you don't even have in your possession yet. It could get lost in transit to you or 10 Club could ship you a jacked up product (it's happened to me)... then where does that leave the person you made the trade with?
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    Aussie357 wrote:

Thank you Aussie357 for that thought. Very kind of of you...dont ya make me smile?!
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:mrgreen:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:

I stand by my comments. You shouldn't look to trade something you don't even have in your possession yet. It could get lost in transit to you or 10 Club could ship you a jacked up product (it's happened to me)... then where does that leave the person you made the trade with?

Stand by your comments - it's your freedom, and I'm not singling anyone out here. If the OP ordered a poster that I missed out on and wanted, I would set up a trade that could be completed upon receipt of the ordered item - no delivery = no trade. I don't see what is wrong with that. It's up to the individuals trading - not us.
    This is only my opinion.
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:

Thank you Aussie357 for that thought. Very kind of of you...dont ya make me smile?!

You're more than welcome Dave. If the OP doesn't want the trade, you can have the Hampton for your sale.
    Cheers bud.
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:

That works great! I really appreciate it. Once I receive the Toronto poster, I will send to elwayvedder. You can confirm with him that he got it and it's in good shape before you send me the PJ20 Hampton. Does that work for you?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Thoroughly impressed Aussie :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Thoroughly impressed Aussie :mrgreen:

Me too. Class moves by classy PJ fans.

Glad to see this all worked out... The market fixes everything.

Cheers.
  • Options
    j1kotwic wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:

That works great! I really appreciate it. Once I receive the Toronto poster, I will send to elwayvedder. You can confirm with him that he got it and it's in good shape before you send me the PJ20 Hampton. Does that work for you?

Sounds good. PM elwayvedder and work it out. When he gets the poster, I'll forward you the Hampton.
    Cheers!
    P.S - Feel free to donate a few extra bucks to Dave's charity efforts if you feel up to it :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    Aussie357 wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:

You're more than welcome Dave. If the OP doesn't want the trade, you can have the Hampton for your sale.
    Cheers bud.

WOW!! I hope the powers that be pick your email for that colored vinyl....it would be deserving...
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    j1kotwic wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:

Sounds good. PM elwayvedder and work it out. When he gets the poster, I'll forward you the Hampton.
    Cheers!
    P.S - Feel free to donate a few extra bucks to Dave's charity efforts if you feel up to it :D :thumbup:
    I can vouch for Aussie357 if that helps at all :D
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Awesome Chad - This is the kind of person created when a native Aussie moves to Canada - mixing both great cultures.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    It just hurts the person that wanted to buy the last poster (AND KEEP IT, because he really wanted it) and couldn't because it was sold out, all because some &#%&&*^* bought one just to trade away. :evil: :evil:
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    It just hurts the person that wanted to buy the last poster (AND KEEP IT, because he really wanted it) and couldn't because it was sold out, all because some &#%&&*^* bought one just to trade away. :evil: :evil:

this... and not to mention, to have the balls to put it up here on LD the next day...
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    j1kotwic wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:

Cheers!

Awesome. PM sent to elayvedder. Your generosity is contagious. I can and will donate.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Let's think about it in a totally different way.

There are 3 players - the OP - The Owner of the PJ20 Print - and the Guy Who didn't get a Toronto Print yesterday when they were on sale.

Scenario #1 - Happy People : The Guy who didn't get a Toronto Poster actually did get one yesterday AND KEEPS IT - hangs it on his wall - done. Sad people : the OP, the PJ20 Print Owner who really wants a to trade his PJ20 poster for a Toronto Poster. 1 Happy - 2 Sad.

Scenario #2 - (what was attempted) Happy People : OP finds someone to trade with - OP gets his poster PJ20 poster - PJ20 Owner trades for the Toronto poster her really wanted - done. Sad People : The guy who still didn't get a Toronto Print yesterday - perhaps should have tried a little harder (I mean they were up for hours). 2 Happy - 1 Sad.

Cheers.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Shorty wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Let's think about it in a totally different way.

There are 3 players - the OP - The Owner of the PJ20 Print - and the Guy Who didn't get a Toronto Print yesterday when they were on sale.

Scenario #1 - Happy People : The Guy who didn't get a Toronto Poster actually did get one yesterday AND KEEPS IT - hangs it on his wall - done. Sad people : the OP, the PJ20 Print Owner who really wants a to trade his PJ20 poster for a Toronto Poster. 1 Happy - 2 Sad.

Scenario #2 - (what was attempted) Happy People : OP finds someone to trade with - OP gets his poster PJ20 poster - PJ20 Owner trades for the Toronto poster her really wanted - done. Sad People : The guy who still didn't get a Toronto Print yesterday - perhaps should have tried a little harder (I mean they were up for hours). 2 Happy - 1 Sad.

Cheers.

Nice argument- you would make a good lawyer!
  • Options
    PJ51390 wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

this... and not to mention, to have the balls to put it up here on LD the next day...

No matter what anyone does, someone ends up missing out - that's just how it is.
    If you look at this instance in a different light, then those who missed out still have a chance to get this poster, unlike if they were all bought and kept. I'm sure you'll be able to pick this particular one up from elwayvedder for less than the value of a PJ20 poster.
    I know we've all missed out on items we've wanted, but I'm even more sure that a great majority of members have bought items with the "Trade-bait" mentality in mind.
    I understand your point, but do we need to condone or condemn everything that we either agree or disagree with here in the forums with such ferocity?
    I'm not sure if "balls" come into this.......... I'm sure that the OP (first post in LD) had no intention of upsetting anyone, or stirring up this hornet's nest. Infact, I'm pretty sure that besides the fact that this was an innocent post, we most likely won't see another post from him for a while now. Wouldn't it be great if we welcomed new input and gave friendly advice, instead of taking part in crucifixions???
    JMHO.
  • Options
    Aussie357 wrote:
    PJ51390 wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:

No matter what anyone does, someone ends up missing out - that's just how it is.
    If you look at this instance in a different light, then those who missed out still have a chance to get this poster, unlike if they were all bought and kept. I'm sure you'll be able to pick this particular one up from elwayvedder for less than the value of a PJ20 poster.
    I know we've all missed out on items we've wanted, but I'm even more sure that a great majority of members have bought items with the "Trade-bait" mentality in mind.
    I understand your point, but do we need to condone or condemn everything that we either agree or disagree with here in the forums with such ferocity?
    I'm not sure if "balls" come into this.......... I'm sure that the OP (first post in LD) had no intention of upsetting anyone, or stirring up this hornet's nest. Infact, I'm pretty sure that besides the fact that this was an innocent post, we most likely won't see another post from him for a while now. Wouldn't it be great if we welcomed new input and gave friendly advice, instead of taking part in crucifixions???
    JMHO.

I can honestly say I had no idea that making this post could be considered distasteful. I actually thought that I was doing what you are supposed to be doing on Lost Dogs. I didn't realize that it would cause any disruption whatsoever... I read the rules on posting/trading and figured I was good to go. I was unaware of any other unsaid rules...as I am not big into blogs or forums (I only visit PJ forum, and do so seldom). And I was a bit defensive when people started attacking me, I apologize for that. If I do try to trade anything in the future on lost dogs, I will take others thoughts into further consideration so as to not hurt so many feelings. Ok, those are my final thoughts on this thread for now. Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    j1kotwic wrote:
    I can honestly say I had no idea that making this post could be considered distasteful. I actually thought that I was doing what you are supposed to be doing on Lost Dogs. I didn't realize that it would cause any disruption whatsoever... I read the rules on posting/trading and figured I was good to go. I was unaware of any other unsaid rules...as I am not big into blogs or forums (I only visit PJ forum, and do so seldom). And I was a bit defensive when people started attacking me, I apologize for that. If I do try to trade anything in the future on lost dogs, I will take others thoughts into further consideration so as to not hurt so many feelings. Ok, those are my final thoughts on this thread for now. Have a good weekend.

Please don't take it personally. There are differing opinions about what's "appropriate" on Lost Dogs beyond the rules. I've already shared my thoughts many times over so I won't do that here but there will always be people who jump all over you you just have to do what you think is right and don't let people get to you. If you really are breaking forum rules, Kat or Sea will lock it and then you'll know. :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Lost Dogs is now being run by the Taliban!