The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    It's so bad right now that I can't wait for the Cubs season to start.
    Be careful what you wish for
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    It's so bad right now that I can't wait for the Cubs season to start.

So bad. Predators and Rangers coming up here doesn't help things much either.
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Making the trip to Columbus this weekend to see them, from the 3rd row!!! Good chance i'll be meeting a few of them so I promise to give them a reminder that the All-Star break is over :lol: Just plain brutal lately!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    maynardsux wrote:
    Making the trip to Columbus this weekend to see them, from the 3rd row!!! Good chance i'll be meeting a few of them so I promise to give them a reminder that the All-Star break is over :lol: Just plain brutal lately!

they might have a chance in columbus :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    trap game for my nyr tonight

i feel a hawks victory
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

i feel a hawks victory

You were right on. Man was that a brutal stretch...nice to get a win.
    maynardsux wrote:

Enjoy! I've been to Columbus for a Hawks game before....always a ton of Hawks fans out there. Hopefully get another win.
    maynardsux wrote:

Enjoy! I've been to Columbus for a Hawks game before....always a ton of Hawks fans out there. Hopefully get another win.
    Nice stadium and nice hood around nationwide. I've done flyers, red wings and pj there. Good times all
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Nice stadium and nice hood around nationwide. I've done flyers, red wings and pj there. Good times all

Yeah, it's a nice area around the arena. Wanted to do PJ there a couple years ago, but was able to get to Indy....my asshole friend had to get married in Mexico the next weekend.
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    81 wrote:

Yeah, it's a nice area around the arena. Wanted to do PJ there a couple years ago, but was able to get to Indy....my asshole friend had to get married in Mexico the next weekend.

Managed to see that Pj show there a couple of years ago, (and on my birthday to boot!), and fell in love with the arena, couldn't get over how clean it was! Even though i live literally 10 minutes from the Joe Louis in Detroit, prefer taking the trip to Columbus because its so much easier to get such great seats there (that and your not crammed in like sardines)....2nd year in a row doing this "roadie" to see the 'Hawks but will be hard to top last year when my sister's friend, a sister of goalie Marty Turco, got us "backstage" to meet the guys....Added bonus is that its the first arena i've been too that has happy hour AFTER the game....good times indeed!! :D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

i feel a hawks victory

You were right on. Man was that a brutal stretch...nice to get a win.

i knew it ..easy call
    especially when i heard biron( i love him and have complete faith ,but it was a mistake to not roll with henry after tues night performance)

got a big 2 points and confidence builder
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    maynardsux wrote:

I have to go to a seminar in Columbus next month. Just so happens the Hawks are visiting the Jackets the night before. I got 5th row behind goal in the zone we'll attack twice. Can't wait!
    Nice weekend for the Hawks. Columbus is so bad. Huge to get a win against the Blues...I like the rivalry there getting heated up again.
    Brutal loss last night. Giving up 3 goals in the last 9 mins of the game. All on deflections and redirects. A couple of big games coming up on the west coast this weekend.
    maynardsux wrote:
    ....Added bonus is that its the first arena i've been too that has happy hour AFTER the game....good times indeed!! :D

:P
    Awesome win last night! God do I hate Vancouver.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    The way the last 2 weeks have gone...
    Has almost made me forget about that little 11 game winless streak a month or so ago......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    The way the last 2 weeks have gone...
    Has almost made me forget about that little 11 game winless streak a month or so ago......

I know....it has been a completely different team these past 10 games. Possible home ice advantage for the first round which seemed almost impossible 2-3 weeks ago.

I know....it has been a completely different team these past 10 games. Possible home ice advantage for the first round which seemed almost impossible 2-3 weeks ago.

All this without Toews....NICE

Getting HOT at the right time....
    Usually means a DEEP playoff run.....

All this without Toews....NICE

Getting HOT at the right time....
    Usually means a DEEP playoff run.....

Yeah, the fact that this has all been without Toews is pretty amazing. Hopefully he can get back for the playoffs.

Hoping for deep playoff runs for the Hawks and Bulls....that way we won't have to watch the awful Chicago baseball that awaits us this season.

Yeah, the fact that this has all been without Toews is pretty amazing. Hopefully he can get back for the playoffs.

Hoping for deep playoff runs for the Hawks and Bulls....that way we won't have to watch the awful Chicago baseball that awaits us this season.
    Can the Bulls Beat Miami, in a 7 game series.....

We will find out soon...
    yes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    How can the Hawks power play be this bad???? This is painful to watch.
  • KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Looks like Toews is still not going to play. Probably a good idea after the hockey game broke out at the last fight against Minnesota.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Between the 'Hawks, Cubs, and Gophers all taking a big, heaping shit today... I might just quit watching sports altogether.
    Shitty loss last night giving up the tying goal with 3 mins left. Home ice in the first round isn't happening anymore. If they beat the Wings in regulation tomorrow, they will lock up the 5th seed and play Nashville. If they lose, they get 6th seed and play whoever wins the pacific division (LA, SJ, or Phoenix). The Hawks haven't played well against any of those 4 teams this year so it doesn't really matter who they get. I'm just pumped to watch some playoff hockey.
    At least there's no stupid "backing into the playoffs" talk this year. That aggravated me last season. We didn't back in. We played 82 games just the same as Dallas did and ended up with more points. Just because Dallas lost on the last day and needed to win to get in has nothing to do with Chicago ending up with more points over an entire season of play.

I hope the Sharks get the Pacific. They always choke in the playoffs. I don't want the 5 seed. Nashville can wait another round.
    At least there's no stupid "backing into the playoffs" talk this year. That aggravated me last season. We didn't back in. We played 82 games just the same as Dallas did and ended up with more points. Just because Dallas lost on the last day and needed to win to get in has nothing to do with Chicago ending up with more points over an entire season of play.

I hope the Sharks get the Pacific. They always choke in the playoffs. I don't want the 5 seed. Nashville can wait another round.

Yeah, I think SJ would be the best matchup for the Hawks out of those 4 teams, but even that isn't a great matchup. Hawks have played well against Nashville last couple of times they played so that might not be the worst either. I'm just ready for the playoffs to start already!
    That shootout goal by Kane was sick. Gotta wait to see what happens with Phoenix and SJ/LA tonight.
    How about 4-0-2 against the Wings this year!