Options

Eddie Vedder 2012 Tour FLORIDA Shows Thread

Comments

• Options
    I'm thinking the Jacksonville show might be the easiest to get into.
  • Options
    PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    Easy choice for me, Clearwater! I just live a few minutes away and I have seen many shows there. Love the place! They did add more seats in there so that nice comfy leg room isn't what it used to be but it's still a great place. I hope to get tix for Orlando also but that is up in the air. I have never seen Ed solo so this is going to be amazing for me!
  • Options
    groovengrooven Posts: 32
    I guess I'll put it out there, if anyone is lucky enough to gain a seat to the Clearwater show and will have an extra ticket, I'll gladly give my right (insert preferred body part here) to tag along!

I may end up stalking Ruth Eckerd Hall to buy regular admission but would prefer to hang out with fellow members!

Went to see Ed in Boston night 2 and...well, it was simply amazing.
  • Options
    AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    I have contacted 2 hotels downtown very close to the venue within walking distance. I am possibly setting up a group rate of $115 a night(parking is extra). The normal is $169. This is an awesome hotel I am told. If there is interest I will do a contract with the hotel so you can call and get the rate. My question is: Is $115 a night too much or would anyone be interested in that rate. Trust me it would be a park at hotel and not have to leave until the next day. If at least 10 people let me know they will book there, i will call the hotel back and make it happen. She is also going to talk to the sales team today and try to get the price down. Any feedback would be appreciated
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    AliveinFL wrote:
    I have contacted 2 hotels downtown very close to the venue within walking distance. I am possibly setting up a group rate of $115 a night(parking is extra). The normal is $169. This is an awesome hotel I am told. If there is interest I will do a contract with the hotel so you can call and get the rate. My question is: Is $115 a night too much or would anyone be interested in that rate. Trust me it would be a park at hotel and not have to leave until the next day. If at least 10 people let me know they will book there, i will call the hotel back and make it happen. She is also going to talk to the sales team today and try to get the price down. Any feedback would be appreciated

I would be interested once I see how the lottery shakes out and the ticketmaster sales. I am definitely hoping to attend the Jacksonville show.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    i feel so excited for all of you that are attending!..YAY! Eddie coming to Florida!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I'm so excited for this, but it just hasnt sunk in yet.
    When do we hear about the drawing? monday is it?

I'm just as crazed a fan as the next fella, but I'm not as interested in seeing multiple shows like some of you. I thought the setlists didnt vary too much...Am I wrong?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I put in for 3 shows so I have $507 dollars on hold till they choose which show I can attend that is if I get chosen
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
  • Options
    I'm so excited for this, but it just hasnt sunk in yet.
    When do we hear about the drawing? monday is it?

I'm just as crazed a fan as the next fella, but I'm not as interested in seeing multiple shows like some of you. I thought the setlists didnt vary too much...Am I wrong?

I only saw Ed solo 1 time. It was the 2nd of 2 nights in Chicago. I'm pretty sure he played some different songs each night, and that was 2008 so he has more to choose from now for sure. I definitely think it's worth doing 2. I may even end up doing 3 depending on the lottery situation.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    I passed on the lottery because I will probably only need 1 ticket but I am 99% sure I am flying down for the Clearwater show. Should be a great night! Later in the tour, too. We saw him early on last year and it did seem like it took a few shows for Eddie to really hit his stride.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    JimmyV wrote:
    Later in the tour, too. We saw him early on last year and it did seem like it took a few shows for Eddie to really hit his stride.
    so very true
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Hope you all enjoy the shows, i will be in Florida in April but will be back home by the time
    Ed plays, :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    you can all sleep on my couches/floor for the orlando show.

byopillow
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    jhulud wrote:
    May 8 Jacksonville, FL Moran Theater
    May 10 Clearwater, FL Ruth Eckerd Hall
    May 13 Ft Lauderdale, FL Broward Center For The Performing Arts
    May 16 Orlando, FL Bob Carr Performing Arts Center

which venue would be closest to Weeki Wachee, FL? im trying to get deets for my dad/stepmom
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    chuwochuwo Posts: 43
    Clearwater would be the closest venue to them. I am in Spring Hill, very nearby Weeki Wachee. Let me know if you need additional info
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 364
    chuwo wrote:
    Clearwater would be the closest venue to them. I am in Spring Hill, very nearby Weeki Wachee. Let me know if you need additional info

I'm in Spring Hill too! Cool :) Glad to know its not just me here!!! Did you put in for Clearwater & Orlando? I put my name in for both of those. Hoping to get lucky!
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Amantria wrote:
    chuwo wrote:

I'm in Spring Hill too! Cool :) Glad to know its not just me here!!! Did you put in for Clearwater & Orlando? I put my name in for both of those. Hoping to get lucky!

Cool! I can't believe there is more than one of us here! I'm actually on the Pasco side of Spring Hill. I put in for Clearwater, Orlando, and Jax. If I miss out I'm going to try my luck with the public sales.

--Sharon D.
  • Options
    Hey :) Awesome to meet you, Sharon! I'm Amanda. I live like 5 mins from Spring Hill Drive and Mariner Blvd. :)

I didn't put in for Jacksonville....I've never attempted to drive over there. Hopefully we'll get thru with the lottery - if not its public sales for me as well.
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Amantria wrote:
    Hey :) Awesome to meet you, Sharon! I'm Amanda. I live like 5 mins from Spring Hill Drive and Mariner Blvd. :)

I didn't put in for Jacksonville....I've never attempted to drive over there. Hopefully we'll get thru with the lottery - if not its public sales for me as well.

Crack up! I am like 5 minutes from Spring Hill Dr and Mariner too!
    Jacksonville is like a 3-hour drive from here. My work has an office in Jax so I am used to going there, it's actually Orlando I'm a little dicey over. I actually used to always go to the South Fla. Pearl Jam shows when they used to come here but decided against that this time. Jax is closer and a smaller market and I thought (maybe!) easier to get tix to.
  • Options
    WE'll have to have lunch one day!!! Orlando is doable since its what, 2 hours or so....I'll worry about the drive if I can get tix. the 3 hr jacksonville drive has me nervous tho. I"m probably going to have trouble finding someone to go with me to Clearwater & or Orlando as is... no one i know here loves the band like I do, and my husband flat out refuses to go :?
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Amantria wrote:
    WE'll have to have lunch one day!!! Orlando is doable since its what, 2 hours or so....I'll worry about the drive if I can get tix. the 3 hr jacksonville drive has me nervous tho. I"m probably going to have trouble finding someone to go with me to Clearwater & or Orlando as is... no one i know here loves the band like I do, and my husband flat out refuses to go :?

Yes we should definitely meet for lunch! I have a (whole big one!) Pearl Jam friend who has dibs on my spare, but he may not be able to travel to Jax. If I get lottery for Jax and he passes on it, you're welcome to my spare, you can ride up with me.
  • Options
    sherm wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:

I would be interested once I see how the lottery shakes out and the ticketmaster sales. I am definitely hoping to attend the Jacksonville show.
    +1
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    Cool - I'll keep you posted on what happens w/ the lotteries and TM next week on my end. Let's do Rookies or 5 Boroughs one of these weekends! :D SO happy to have a local PJ fan near!!!!!!!
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    megatron wrote:
    you can all sleep on my couches/floor for the orlando show.

byopillow

Word.

Haha.

Ditto for Ft. Laud...this will be the first time I've ever had a show close enough to me that I can make it back to my own bed at the end of the night... And who would have thought...all it took was moving to the SOUTH!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    AliveinFL wrote:

Haven't heard too much about people interested in hotels? Is that because we are all waiting the "lottery" results on Monday? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • Options
    CC9172CC9172 northern new jersey Posts: 123
    Does anyone know how good the fanclub tickets are for Eddie Vedder's shows? Are they near the stage or could you end up in the back?
  • Options
    AliveinFL wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:

Haven't heard too much about people interested in hotels? Is that because we are all waiting the "lottery" results on Monday? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thats what im waiting on, and then probably the ticketmaster sale so I know for sure what tickets I get.
  • Options
    CC9172 wrote:
    Does anyone know how good the fanclub tickets are for Eddie Vedder's shows? Are they near the stage or could you end up in the back?

Fan club tix varied. I've been to 4 EV shows and used 10c seats twice. The best seats I had I purchased through a broker (for less than face) hours before the show. Both my 10c seats were probably around 20th row. I know A few other members hit the jackpot and got to sit real close.
  • Options
    CC9172 wrote:
    From what I understand, 10c gets about 20% of the house and they are scattered throughout, so it's a crap shoot.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Last year for Philly, bought 2 tix off broker for $$$, 5th row.
    Went to the show, got upgraded to Front Row, dead center, by Ed's security.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.