jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
edited February 2012 in The Porch
May 8 Jacksonville, FL Moran Theater
May 10 Clearwater, FL Ruth Eckerd Hall
May 13 Ft Lauderdale, FL Broward Center For The Performing Arts
May 16 Orlando, FL Bob Carr Performing Arts Center

Roll-call!
Meet-ups!
Questions for locals if you're coming from out of town!
Awesomeness!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Nice. From the Tour Announcement thread:

Question for FL peeps. Of the four Florida destinations, which is the nicest atmosphere for a couple? Scenery, restaurants, ease of travel, etc. Coming down from Northeast. Comments would be greatly appreciated. Someone should start a Florida thread for these shows.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I can only speak for Ft. Lauderdale...the venue is right in the Downtown/Las Olas area which has plenty of places to eat, shop, scenery, bars, clubs to see bands play, etc.
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 325

Question for FL peeps. Of the four Florida destinations, which is the nicest atmosphere for a couple? Scenery, restaurants, ease of travel, etc. Coming down from Northeast. Comments would be greatly appreciated. Someone should start a Florida thread for these shows.

Maybe Clearwater on May 10? You can fly into Tampa or St. Pete. Catch the show on Thursday, and then have the weekend to spend at the beach. Plently of places to eat, stay within a 30 min driving range.
  • Options
    u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94
    Registered for Jax, Clearwater and Orlando shows. Can easily see a second show being added in Orlando if the first sells out quickly. Not sure about Clearwater though. Got a call in to Jacksonville in hopes our friend's dad who is the backstage manager there when he is not on the road touring with broadway shows can help out with tickets. Maybe even a backstage visit.

Love the new lotto system by the way. Worked out well last time I saw EV in Atlanta. They even had projected add on dates back then that you could sign up for just in case.

u2gator
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
  • Options
    Seating Chart for Ft. Lauderdale

https://browardcenter.org/ArticleMedia/ ... heater.jpg

Thanks for the replies.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,933
    I may fly down for the Clearwater show. My mother retired not far from there and I try to get down to see her a couplafew times a year. Catching an Eddie show while I was there would be great.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I'm going to do the lottery for the Ft. Lauderdale date...will do regular public onsale for Orlando. I'd do both lottery but it will cost me more if I were to get Orlando with the driving and hotel and all.

A buddy is also going to try for FTL. Hopefully we both luck out.
  • Options
    Been to all the venues in FL and definitely not Orlando. Bob Carr is ok as far as a venue goes, but Clearwater is my choice. Ft Lauderdale is nice too.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    mountainflowrmountainflowr Miami Posts: 18
    I'm trying for Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando. It's been 4 years...so excited!
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    Goin for Jacksonville, Ft Lauderdale and Houston
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    Just put in for FTL.

$173?!?!...OUCH!!!
  • Options
    jhulud wrote:
    Just put in for FTL.

$173?!?!...OUCH!!!
    That's an official face value price?? From where, Ticketmaster? Stub Hub?
  • Options
    The Giants are in the Super Bowl and now EV is coming to Ft. Lauderdale!!!!! These have been the best 24 hours. Thanks Eddie!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jhulud wrote:
    Just put in for FTL.

$173?!?!...OUCH!!!
    :shock: x $173
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Also thinking of flying from Canada for the Ft. Lauderdale show. I was surprised to see that flights weren't too expensive :)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Also thinking of flying from Canada for the Ft. Lauderdale show. I was surprised to see that flights weren't too expensive :)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Definitely hope to hit the Ft Lauderdale show, then maybe Jacksonville, or Orlando. Surprised to see 4 Florida dates.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    jhulud wrote:
    Just put in for FTL.

$173?!?!...OUCH!!!
    That's an official face value price?? From where, Ticketmaster? Stub Hub?

That's what popped up when I clicked on the link in the emails that went out. $173 for a pair of tix.

From the link email & announcement:

"- Fan Club tickets are priced per pair in US dollars and includes all fees."
    Post edited by jhulud on
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I think they'll all be great. I wonder why the dates are so spread out though.
    I'm only trying for one show - Ft.Lauderdale. Setlists look similar so I dont feel the need to go to them all.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    The week of the Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando shows is my first week out of school, really really hope I can talk my uncle into making the trip!
  • Options
    Going to have to take a couple more days before I send in my requests in order to figure out which destination(s) to embark upon. Pretty sure Ft. Lauderdale will be a choice. Not sure if I'll try for a second show as well.
  • Options

I've never been to any of the other three, but I can speak for the Jax venue.. It is located downtown directly on the river. The Jacksonville Landing is right next door which has a handful of restaurants and outdoor bars. A river-walk connects the two which is nice. The area is very safe and the views around the river are great. Parking is very easy and right across the street. There is a somewhat pricey hotel (Omni) directly across the street and some cheaper options directly across the river less than 5 min away. The theater itself is FANTASTIC! Clean, new and laid out nicely. The view and sound is stellar from anywhere. I'm so glad he chose this over the other options in the city.
    I'm still alive..
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    I'm in for Fort Lauderdale or Clearwater. Both are about 2:30 hours away so I'll either be taking off on Friday or Monday (assuming I get tickets). Good luck everyone. Maybe Ed can talk the guys into playing a few Pearl Jam shows down this way if the shows go well.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    I put in for Clearwater and Orlando. Clearwater is about 1.5 hrs drive - not bad considering I drive an hour to Tampa to go to work each day. Orlando is a backup - about 2 hours or so drive from me. I figured I may as well have my name in for two instead of just one. I'll be devastated of course if I don't get a pair tho...
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i live in Orlando like 10 minutes from Bob Carr. I'll be there. This is a shocker i haven't even been following the message boards, my bro just emailed me. So happy.
  • Options
    RF283878RF283878 Posts: 208
    Road trip from Chicago!!!

I will take any show down there!!!
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Wahoo! I relocated to Fort Lauderdale from Wisconsin for grad school about 8 months ago and couldn't be happier that Ed's finally making his way down here. :) Saw Ed previously in LA '08 and Nashville/Memphis '09...obviously can't get enough. I'm shooting for the Ft. Laud and Orlando shows....

I'm really excited to (hopefully!) get tickets, go to the pre-parties, and meet you all!!

Met a few local fans at the Miami PJ20 screening but would love to get to know some more people... I'm not around the message pit all that much anymore...but shoot me a PM and I'd love to chat.

I haven't lived here that long, but Ft. Lauderdale is a nice area, good beaches, great night life....would recommend a vacation down here for sure. If you're looking for something a little more relaxing though, Clearwater/Gulf side might be the ticket.

<3
    Angie
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Coming from Birmingham. Going to Jax and Clearwater. Orlando would line up pretty decent but the date is wrong for that.
  • Options
    Just put in for Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando.

The popular site seems to be Ft. Lauderdale.
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    The popular site seems to be Ft. Lauderdale.

Yeeeeeeah y'all are making me nervous here...
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009