Comments

• Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    jhulud wrote:
    May 8 Jacksonville, FL Moran Theater
    May 10 Clearwater, FL Ruth Eckerd Hall
    May 13 Ft Lauderdale, FL Broward Center For The Performing Arts
    May 16 Orlando, FL Bob Carr Performing Arts Center

which venue would be closest to Weeki Wachee, FL? im trying to get deets for my dad/stepmom

Clearwater is closest. I am about 10 min from Clearwater. I think Weeki Wachee is about 45min -1hr north.
  • Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    Pinstrps wrote:
    Easy choice for me, Clearwater! I just live a few minutes away and I have seen many shows there. Love the place! They did add more seats in there so that nice comfy leg room isn't what it used to be but it's still a great place. I hope to get tix for Orlando also but that is up in the air. I have never seen Ed solo so this is going to be amazing for me!

Same here...I am only a few minutes from there. Ive never been to Ruth Eckerd Hall though, glad to hear it is a nice venue.
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
    Anyone losing faith at getting good seats during this 10C lottery thing?

It seems the more and more I read posts, the less hopeful I am getting about getting good seats.
  • Options
    I'm in...
    AliveinFL wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:
    I have contacted 2 hotels downtown very close to the venue within walking distance. I am possibly setting up a group rate of $115 a night(parking is extra). The normal is $169. This is an awesome hotel I am told. If there is interest I will do a contract with the hotel so you can call and get the rate. My question is: Is $115 a night too much or would anyone be interested in that rate. Trust me it would be a park at hotel and not have to leave until the next day. If at least 10 people let me know they will book there, i will call the hotel back and make it happen. She is also going to talk to the sales team today and try to get the price down. Any feedback would be appreciated

Haven't heard too much about people interested in hotels? Is that because we are all waiting the "lottery" results on Monday? Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    jhulud wrote:

It seems the more and more I read posts, the less hopeful I am getting about getting good seats.

We are all friends here :D with a little bit of luck we all score nice 10C seats, Florida is not NY or Boston.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    arq wrote:
    jhulud wrote:

We are all friends here :D with a little bit of luck we all score nice 10C seats, Florida is not NY or Boston.

I hope so! :) I've never been closer than like back of floor for anything PJ or EV ><
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Amantria wrote:
    I hope so! :) I've never been closer than like back of floor for anything PJ or EV ><

I had good seats in Seattle, but not front row orchestra tickets, they were second tier dead center; so they were far but good.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    jhulud wrote:

I like the way you think! 8-)8-)
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    Amantria wrote:
    arq wrote:
    jhulud wrote:

Yeah I have had the same luck with EV tickets. Fingers crossed for good seats this time around.
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    Ed in Ft Lauderdale...so close to home it's not funny. Absolutely cannot wait!!!!

:D:D:D:D
    09/23/1998 - West Palm Beach, FL - Coral Sky Ampitheater
    08/09/2000 - West Palm Beach, FL - Mars Music Ampitheater
    04/11/2003 - West Palm Beach, FL - Sound Advice Ampitheater
    10/08/2004 - Orlando, FL - Silver Spurs Arena (A.C.T. Tour)
    06/11/2008 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Ampitheater
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    there are no bad seats at an ed show. small venue, can't beat it
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    megatron wrote:
    you can all sleep on my couches/floor for the orlando show.

byopillow

Word.

Haha.

Ditto for Ft. Laud...this will be the first time I've ever had a show close enough to me that I can make it back to my own bed at the end of the night... And who would have thought...all it took was moving to the SOUTH!

yea that is pretty funny. guess all the bitching has finally paid off...just need the band to come back next 8-)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Will anyone have a spare Tenclub ticket for Orlando?
    If not, I think I'm just going to buy one ticket from ticketmaster.
    I'm entering the Jacksonville lottey but not the Orlando one.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna try my luck for one ticket for the Orlando date...I'd be going solo...sooooo...Tickerbastard it will be...Unless a 10C member/fan is going for it as well as lucks out in lottery and wants to make a new friend.

I don't smell, I swear!
  • Options
    AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    AliveinFL wrote:
    I have contacted 2 hotels downtown very close to the venue within walking distance. I am possibly setting up a group rate of $115 a night(parking is extra). The normal is $169. This is an awesome hotel I am told. If there is interest I will do a contract with the hotel so you can call and get the rate. My question is: Is $115 a night too much or would anyone be interested in that rate. Trust me it would be a park at hotel and not have to leave until the next day. If at least 10 people let me know they will book there, i will call the hotel back and make it happen. She is also going to talk to the sales team today and try to get the price down. Any feedback would be appreciated

Hopefully once we all know if we get tickets or which ones, I will get some more interest. I have the OMNI, a four diamond hotel right across the street from the venue for $109 right now, all I have to do is sign the contract and we are ready to go.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • Options
    chuwochuwo Posts: 43
    I'll be in for the Omni if I can get tix to Jax! Have stayed there before on business and it is very nice. And directly across the street from the venue so perfect location.
  • Options
    AliveinFL wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:

Hopefully once we all know if we get tickets or which ones, I will get some more interest. I have the OMNI, a four diamond hotel right across the street from the venue for $109 right now, all I have to do is sign the contract and we are ready to go.

wow that is good to know... tomorrow is the big day- fingers crossed! then we will all be PMing you about hotels. Thanks a million for your help so far!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    AliveinFL wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:

I sent you a PM - thanks for doing this!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I'm in for a hotel group rate for Jax and Clearwater.
  • Options
  • Options
    Got FTL EV Tix!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

Now I can stop worrying...for now.

:D
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Got an email confirmation too! (FTL)Woohoo! :D yay!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    losing hope here :(
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    AliveinFL wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:

Just got my email about Jacksonville tickets, definitely in on the Omni. Thanks for hooking that up.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'm in for Ft. Lauderdale..... :D
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Just got confirmation for FTL!!!!
  • Options
    Same here. I'm in....
    sherm wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:
    AliveinFL wrote:

Just got my email about Jacksonville tickets, definitely in on the Omni. Thanks for hooking that up.
  • Options
    AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    See our jax thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182334
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • Options
    mountainflowrmountainflowr Miami Posts: 18
    Looks like a road trip to Orlando is in my future! :D
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Hotels near the venue in FTL? Im leaning towards the Riverside....let me know thoughts