Options

Tebow

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302
    i totally get what you're saying. but you have to have a sense of humor about it man.

Well I did have a sense of humor about it, but ESPN has just run this thing into the ground. I can't even watch SportsCenter to catch scores or hear any sports news, because it's the Tim Tebow Show now. They would rather talk about what Tebow had for breakfast than any other actual sports news. And any football game you watch, chances are the announcers will talk about him ad nauseum, even if he's not playing in the game. It's over-saturation, which annoys me, no matter who it is about. The good thing is that it is taking a lot of media pressure off of my Packers, because with all the Tebow news they're practically flying under the radar now with their unbeaten streak. Although I hope they lose a game and can just focus on winning the Super Bowl, because the Tebow attention will die down eventually and the focus will shift back to the Packers, which I would find annoying too. In this age of 24 hours sports coverage, ESPN has become much like the 24 hour news cycle, they will find SOMETHING to run into the ground. This Tebow thing has just taken over a bit more than usual though.

don't watch espn.

...and try condensing your posts....i don't have time to read all of them at work :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Then don't read my posts.

But as far as ESPN goes, I have pretty much stopped watching, but there isn't really any good sports alternatives. I still watch Around The Horn and Pardon The Interruption, as they mainly just have one Tebow segment. But am I also supposed to stop watching football games on account of the commentators fawning over Tebow? I would say a better solution is for them to calm down and put away their Tebow boners, or Tebowners as I call them. It's a story, but not the only story. But like I said, if it weren't Tebow it would probably be something else, likely the Packers.

Edit: I'm putting a copyright on "Tebowners".
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Well I did have a sense of humor about it, but ESPN has just run this thing into the ground. I can't even watch SportsCenter to catch scores or hear any sports news, because it's the Tim Tebow Show now. They would rather talk about what Tebow had for breakfast than any other actual sports news. And any football game you watch, chances are the announcers will talk about him ad nauseum, even if he's not playing in the game. It's over-saturation, which annoys me, no matter who it is about. The good thing is that it is taking a lot of media pressure off of my Packers, because with all the Tebow news they're practically flying under the radar now with their unbeaten streak. Although I hope they lose a game and can just focus on winning the Super Bowl, because the Tebow attention will die down eventually and the focus will shift back to the Packers, which I would find annoying too. In this age of 24 hours sports coverage, ESPN has become much like the 24 hour news cycle, they will find SOMETHING to run into the ground. This Tebow thing has just taken over a bit more than usual though.

Great post, I couldn't agree with you more! Just had a similar convo with my hubby last night. The Packers excel when they're under the radar. Remember when the Pats were at this stage and it was all 'Path to Perfection' everywhere? I'm truly happy that the Packers don't have to deal with that drama. Also, I feel like since Favre is gone, the media was desperate for their new sensation...thanks Tebow!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Then don't read my posts.

But as far as ESPN goes, I have pretty much stopped watching, but there isn't really any good sports alternatives. I still watch Around The Horn and Pardon The Interruption, as they mainly just have one Tebow segment. But am I also supposed to stop watching football games on account of the commentators fawning over Tebow? I would say a better solution is for them to calm down and put away their Tebow boners, or Tebowners as I call them. It's a story, but not the only story. But like I said, if it weren't Tebow it would probably be something else, likely the Packers.

Edit: I'm putting a copyright on "Tebowners".

PTI and acutal games is about all I can handle from ESPN anymore.

The Tebow shit will go away soon. It has to. The Broncos should have lost to the Bears at home w/ a back up QB and RB going for the Bears last week. Everyone is blowing Tebow after the game, but Marion Barber is the one who gave the game away. I was there for the game....walking out of that stadium after that awful Bears loss w/ everyone chanting "Tebow, Tebow" had to be 10 of the worst minutes of my life. I had a dream about it the other night...no joke.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I feel like since Vick is gone, the media was desperate for their new sensation...thanks Tebow!
  • Options
    PTI and acutal games is about all I can handle from ESPN anymore.

I think that as soon as I saw Rachel Nichols camped out on Brett Favre's lawn during one of his off-seasons of indecision (aka ESPN's Brett Favre Speculation-athon) and her reporting on every single person that came and went from his house, I realized ESPN was going down the shitter.

As Mamasan said, Tebow is just something for them to latch onto and run into the ground in a world without Favre. ESPN without Favre is like Laverne without Shirley, they're lost. They even had to make up the stupid story about Favre going to the Bears a few weeks ago just so they could talk about Favre again.

ESPN used to be just about reporting on the world of sports (although in an often humorous and fun manner) but in recent years has really gone down the road of sensationalist journalism. Especially since they have taken on Monday Night Football. In another thread somebody said it was a natural transition and was bound to happen, and that may be so, I don't like it though. It gets a little bit dumber every year.
  • Options
    Not including college football, I have probably watched about 10 hours of ESPN in the past 5 years.

its very liberating.

Still tough to avoid the phony Tebow stuff though
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    N.Y. teens suspended for Tebowing in school hallway :lol:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog ... ool-wp9989
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Tebow's gonna have a big game but nobody out-Bradys Brady in the 4th quarter. 49-41 Pats.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options

Well, they were suspended for blocking the hallways between periods trying to make a stupid YouTube video, the fact that they happened to be Tebowing is just a detail.
  • Options
    Anybody see the Tebow sketch on SNL tonight? It was hilarious. They don't have it officially up, but somebody put it on YouTube, it's not the best quality, but you'll get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul2dhNaQgxM
  • Options

that is hilarious :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Tebow's gonna have a big game but nobody out-Bradys Brady in the 4th quarter. 49-41 Pats.

:lol:

No way the Broncos offense puts up 41 points. Realistically with the Broncos D, I see the Pats Offense putting up 28-34 points. I think Tebow will be rattled and rushed which will cause him to throw less passes. I see no more than 17 points from them today.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Anybody see the Tebow sketch on SNL tonight? It was hilarious. They don't have it officially up, but somebody put it on YouTube, it's not the best quality, but you'll get the idea.

Haha yeah it was great, can't believe they waited till the end of the show to do that one it was one of the best of the night
  • Options
    They have the video up on the SNL site now. Way better than the guy recording his TV screen.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tebow/1374394

Still cracking up over this one. There were a lot of funny sketches last night. The one with Beethoven (I think it was Beethoven, it was some composer) introducing "the band", The Michael Buble Duets, War Horse, lots of funny stuff.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Good overcomes evil today.

Praise God.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Jesus Christ visits the Broncos' dressing room (SNL):

Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I flip back an forth between NFL Network and ESPN for pregame on Sundays ... mostly stay on NFL Network.

ESPN has been talking about Tebow for ... not exaggerating here ... 45 straight minutes ... I just flipped over and there is some DJ Remix Tebow song being shown ... that network sucks so much.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    jimed14 wrote:

ESPN has been talking about Tebow for ... not exaggerating here ... 45 straight minutes ... I just flipped over and there is some DJ Remix Tebow song being shown
    I believe you.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

ESPN has been talking about Tebow for ... not exaggerating here ... 45 straight minutes ... I just flipped over and there is some DJ Remix Tebow song being shown
    I believe you.

IF TIM TEBOW WANTS 45 MINUTES, TIM TEBOW GETS 45 MINUTES. :x :x :x :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    imalive wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

I believe you.

IF TIM TEBOW WANTS 45 MINUTES, TIM TEBOW GETS 45 MINUTES. :x :x :x :x

:lol:

praise the Lord
  • Options
    Jesus better get to Denver fast. I have a feeling he's probably having a hard time catching a flight out of Kansas City. ;)
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    RiotZact wrote:

Haha yeah it was great, can't believe they waited till the end of the show to do that one it was one of the best of the night

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Well, Tebow made it into the NFL record books today, although not in a way he probably wanted to. His 29 yard loss on a sack ties the record set in 1972 when Bob Griese was sacked for 29 yards by Dallas Cowboys DT Bob Lilly in Super Bowl VI. That does make this the longest loss of yardage for a sack in regular season history though.
  • Options
    I didn't go through every post but has anyone else seen this?
    tim-tebow-christian-football-christmas-season-ecards-someecards.png
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    completion percentage aside, tebow didn't play that poorly yesterday. what i like about the guy is he does not turn the ball over.

nobody realistically expected the broncos to beat the pats.

2 more winnable games on the schedule.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    theyll beat the Bills and probably combine for about 600 yards rushing.

I dont know how the Bills will possibly score either.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    Tim-Tebow-Sports-Illustrated-Cover.jpg?t=1324416268
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    completion percentage aside, tebow didn't play that poorly yesterday. what i like about the guy is he does not turn the ball over.

nobody realistically expected the broncos to beat the pats.

2 more winnable games on the schedule.

i would say a fumble and a -28 yd sack is turning the ball over ... :lol: