***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Time_BombTime_Bomb Posts: 147
    24 hours to go till the show at the Forum! Gonna be a great night.
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Time_Bomb wrote:
    24 hours to go till the show at the Forum! Gonna be a great night.
    Have a blast!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Another reason Dave Grohl is the MAN.

http://www.spin.com/articles/dave-grohl ... nt-drummer
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Another reason Dave Grohl is the MAN.

http://www.spin.com/articles/dave-grohl ... nt-drummer
    agreed :thumbup:
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    The DC show is officially 4 weeks away :mrgreen: And the 1 month countdown begins! Hopefully it will be a quick month :thumbup:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    samjam wrote:
    The DC show is officially 4 weeks away :mrgreen: And the 1 month countdown begins! Hopefully it will be a quick month :thumbup:

looking forward to Nov 10 and 13 :D
  • GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Forum last night was AMAZING. Great show - and while we were towards the back Dave had a 2nd stage way out in our back 40 that he performed on a couple of times - incl an Acoustic set with the lights up. Took a tumble running back though!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Grandma wrote:
    Forum last night was AMAZING. Great show - and while we were towards the back Dave had a 2nd stage way out in our back 40 that he performed on a couple of times - incl an Acoustic set with the lights up. Took a tumble running back though!
    Sweet. Boston can not come fast enough
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Suziemay wrote:
    OMIGOD was that amazing or what?!?!?!?!?! I wasn't supposed to be at tonight's IZOD show but a friend had an extra ticket and it didn't take too much convincing. Helped that I had a ride there and back to the city which was my big hang-up.

So many highlights... Krist Novoselic playing accordion on These Days, the rising platform across from the stage, Dave talking smack to the people sitting down, This Is A Call, Everlong (my all-time favourite), crazy fan who managed to get on stage and bounced around for a bit before diving back into the pit after a guard tries to chase after him, Dave talking about how it's the first time he's seen people tailgating at their shows and how they've finally made it (or something like that). AND, the best part was NOBODY in my row shuffled back and forth to get beer or pee, so I could watch the entire show uninterrupted. What a beautiful thing.

They played for close to 3 hours. Whole reason I originally didn't want to go tonight was because I really didn't think I needed to see them 3x but after tonight, I'm so happy I get to see them two more times at MSG and Newark!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I'm late on this, but I was at the Izod show too...honestly, I think it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. A lot of times I'm always slightly disappointed after seeing my favorite bands live, I really don't know why, but I walked out of that show with the biggest fucking grin ever. I was never aware that they were such talented musicians, to be pulling out long jams and solos like they did that night. The 3 hour set, the Pink Floyd cover, Krist Novoselic on stage with Dave...it was mind blowing. I was actually kind of surprised when Krist came out and Dave mentioned the anniversary, no one really seemed to know what he was talking about...but that kind of made it more special for those of us that did.

Dave Grohl is a fucking hero.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • I was late in the piece for good tix, but wife and I were sitting on the couch, when "Rope" came on V channel.
    I turned to my wife and said - "Why the heck are we not going to this concert?". 10 mins later they're on order, and we're stoked.

Concert at Adelaide oval will be reminiscent of PJ 2009 concert.
    Can't wait!
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Grandma wrote:

No kidding. It's gonna be a great night.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    youngster wrote:
    Grandma wrote:

No kidding. It's gonna be a great night.
    Last show of the US tour. Fuck yeah.
  • Boston is the lst show in the US?! :shock: :shock: :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i'd like a bootleg of the IZOD show.. can anyone help with that?
    Still one of the greatest things ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9GMOTa ... re=related
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Just an FYI for anyone that might be interested. I was perusing Amazon's vinyl selection and it seems that all of the old Foos albums are being reissued on November 21st. This may have already been known but it was the first I saw of it.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Just an FYI for anyone that might be interested. I was perusing Amazon's vinyl selection and it seems that all of the old Foos albums are being reissued on November 21st. This may have already been known but it was the first I saw of it.

And for what it's worth, What Records is taking pre-orders for Limited Deluxe versions, I'm guessing these are UK pressings. And they are "on sale". More pricey than the Amazon pre-orders though. Not sure what the deluxe versions entail but since I got the What Records email before I saw this I already ordered them. Oh well ;)

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/search.asp ... submit.y=0
    Just an FYI for anyone that might be interested. I was perusing Amazon's vinyl selection and it seems that all of the old Foos albums are being reissued on November 21st. This may have already been known but it was the first I saw of it.
    :o Thank you for this!!
    MSG in less than 2 weeks!

dance.gif
    Suziemay wrote:

dance.gif

you bet!

and 9 days until Philly :D
    I hope they top the 9/26 IZOD show but I might be setting my expectations too high!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

dance.gif

you bet!

and 9 days until Philly :D

Awww yeahhh! 10 days til DC :mrgreen:
    Also just realizing I have a big exam the day of the show...uh-oh, hope I can focus on studying next week :lol:
    ~not a dude~
    samjam wrote:
    Also just realizing I have a big exam the day of the show...uh-oh, hope I can focus on studying next week :lol:

You can do it! :D
    Suziemay wrote:
    samjam wrote:

You can do it! :D

Thank Suzie! I don't think it will be all that awful and I'll just think of it as that the Foos are my reward! :)
    ~not a dude~
    10 days to MSG!

dance.gif
    Suziemay wrote:
    10 days to MSG!

dance.gif

I'll be there!

and also one week till Philly - I'll be there too :mrgreen:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    10 days to MSG!

dance.gif
    Wish I could be at both the DC and MSG shows!! MSG's the hometown venue for me, DC's my venue when I'm at school. Let us all know how the new MSG looks as well! :thumbup:

8 days :mrgreen:
    ~not a dude~
    GA tickets popping up for the 11/14 Newark Prudential Center show. Go get em!