Options

Miffed about the Super Box Set

HyenaHyena Posts: 19
edited October 2011 in The Porch
So apparently, now if you buy the super box set (VS/Vitalogy), you get a free CD, possibly signed by the Pearl Jam members. I bought the set right when it came out. As a result, it looks like I'm excluded from this.

I'm bummed, because if I want that CD, I'd have to pay another $150 for ANOTHER box set. Anyone else feel that early purchasers should be included in this? Like, they could ship us a CD as well.
Thoughts?
--Dane
It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. --Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    You don't know that they won't.
  • Options
    True enough. I really hope they do. I emailed them about it. Hope I get a response.
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. --Voltaire
  • Options
    As much as I would like for them to send a cd to all that have ordered in the past, I don't see it happening. My reasoning is "shipping" and going back to look at who ordered what is probably time consuming
  • Options
    Hyena wrote:
    So apparently, now if you buy the super box set (VS/Vitalogy), you get a free CD, possibly signed by the Pearl Jam members. I bought the set right when it came out. As a result, it looks like I'm excluded from this.

I'm bummed, because if I want that CD, I'd have to pay another $150 for ANOTHER box set. Anyone else feel that early purchasers should be included in this? Like, they could ship us a CD as well.
    Thoughts?
    --Dane

I'm sure we all feel that way. However the band sure as hell doesn't. They just want money at this point it seems.
  • Options
    Hyena wrote:

Thoughts?
    --Dane

I'm sure we all feel that way. However the band sure as hell doesn't. They just want money at this point it seems.

Probably. Damn disappointing.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Hyena wrote:

Thoughts?
    --Dane

do you go to best buy 6 months after you buy a tv and bitch because the price has dropped 40%?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    i think it's more about people getting something with it that you stupidly can't get anywhere else.

i think they would solve a lot of problems if they just put that vault cd for sale in goods....
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Hyena wrote:

Thoughts?
    --Dane

do you go to best buy 6 months after you buy a tv and bitch because the price has dropped 40%?

You're damn right I do.
    In all honesty, that isn't particularly related. Your example is due to technology changes and such.
    I wouldn't consider my statement "bitching". It's an observation and statement of disappointment.
    It's just my opinion.
  • Options
    hinsey21 wrote:
    i think it's more about people getting something with it that you stupidly can't get anywhere else.

i think they would solve a lot of problems if they just put that vault cd for sale in goods....

Precisely.
  • Options
    Bitch. Bitch. Bitch.

you bought a product. now a few more people bought a product.

Incentives and free shit are nice EXTRAS.

beathe. enjoy life.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i tell ya what.....every christmas on the 26th, i go back to the mall and DEMAND a discount. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    hail_halo wrote:
    Bitch. Bitch. Bitch.

beathe. enjoy life.

It's impolite to use words like that ;)
  • Options
    Got the cd at Alpine Valley. Question is do I spend another 150.00 hoping I get one of the eight signed by the band. Not knowing how many they are selling this go round I think I shall refrain. First 500 get free cd, how many more deluxe box sets after the 500. It could be 8 in 10,000 which are really lousy odds. Besides I ordered two when they first started selling them.
    Bridge School Benefit 1 1994 Fargo 2003 Winnipeg 2005 St Paul 2006 Auckland 2009 Christchurch 2009 2011: Alpine Valley 1 & 2 Montreal Toronto 1 & 2 Ottawa Hamilton Winnipeg Saskatoon Calgary Edmonton Vancouver
    EV MPLS 2011 Missoula 9/30/12
  • Options
    Hyena wrote:
    hail_halo wrote:
    Bitch. Bitch. Bitch.

beathe. enjoy life.

It's impolite to use words like that ;)

Not where I am from. :twisted:
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    this place is seriously embarrassing sometimes.

people cry over anything.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Hyena wrote:

Thoughts?
    --Dane

People who bought this set early have it in their hands guaranteed. People who waited and are trying to get it now have no such guarantee. Its the same with anything, buy early and know you are going to get, and wait later hoping something might be cheaper and gamble that you might not get it at all.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Got the cd at Alpine Valley. Question is do I spend another 150.00 hoping I get one of the eight signed by the band. Not knowing how many they are selling this go round I think I shall refrain. First 500 get free cd, how many more deluxe box sets after the 500. It could be 8 in 10,000 which are really lousy odds. Besides I ordered two when they first started selling them.

it's my understanding that only within the first 500 sold will 8 be signed.
    at least that's how i read the email.
    seems santos said there were 80 of the 500 left, so still time to get a shot if you desire.
    8 out of 500 ain't a whole lot....10 would've been nicer :P....but whatever.....still kinda cool!

edit - directly copy/pasted from the email:

Of those 500 orders, exactly 8 of those box sets will be signed by the 5 members of Pearl Jam. You could receive one of the 8 signed copies (randomly distributed).

so an 8 in 500 chance.
    i wouldn't personally drop another 150 for that, but i never ordered it at all, until now...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I sure as hell don't. You've been all over this board acting like a whiny little child. You and people just like you are a huge reason WHY THIS PLACE IS INTOLERABLE lately.

Hyena wrote:

Thoughts?
    --Dane

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Why don't they just let those of us who ordered it a long time ago download the Moore show free.
    That would solve the issue and not have much of a cost.
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,071
    Hyena wrote:
    Miffed about the Super Box Set

Of course you are...

...anyone get the feeling that 10c cannot do ANYTHING (and I mean ANYTHING) these days without pissing off someone?

Sheesh people...get a grip. If you want the CD, I'm sure someone will burn you a copy...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    As much as I would like for them to send a cd to all that have ordered in the past, I don't see it happening. My reasoning is "shipping" and going back to look at who ordered what is probably time consuming

Just stick it in my Fan Club Single since it hasn;t shipped yet. lol
  • Options
    mo' items mo' problems
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    I sure as hell don't. You've been all over this board acting like a whiny little child. You and people just like you are a huge reason WHY THIS PLACE IS INTOLERABLE lately.

+ a million
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    10C could come out and say from now on membership is free to everyone currently a member and people would bitch because they had been a paying member longer than someone that just signed up last year
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    So sick of this bs...nothing will ever be good enough. Unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    So sick of this bs...nothing will ever be good enough. Unreal.

no shit.

"wah, wah, they don't sell enough in goods, we want more merch! wah wah"
    "wah wah, they sell too much! sell outs! wah wah"
    "wah wah, I want something limited! wah wah"
    "wah wah, I missed out on (insert limited item here), why do they do that? wah wah"

:sick:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dCowboyPJ wrote:
    this place is seriously embarrassing sometimes.

people cry over anything.

+10000
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    statistically, you have a 0.016% chance of getting a signed copy (8/500).
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Better than a 0% chance. Good luck, everyone.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

so you're saying there's a chance. :lol: