Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    I could care less if I have a limited edition version...but I WANT the 3 disks!!!
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    I could care less if I have a limited edition version...but I WANT the 3 disks!!!

I am with you on that. I am fine without the limited edition package version. I do think that the three discs should still be available in some sort of standard packaging.
  • Options
    SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Illinois Posts: 33
    Yes, please re-stock the 3-disk Blu Ray! I don't care if it's LE or not, I just want the extras, fellas! :(
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    Foresakor wrote:
    DopeyBoy wrote:

I am with you on that. I am fine without the limited edition package version. I do think that the three discs should still be available in some sort of standard packaging.

I have ordered the limited edition box set and agree that the 3 disks should be in a standard pack as well..
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Just sell us the extras!! In a clear sleeve... Just print off some discs with no packaging!! Just something so we can all have access to the material.... That's all we need...
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Amen to you all...3 discs only please in BluRay and DVD format. Stick it in an envelope and ship those puppies out...

C'mon 10c...respond either way, so we know.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    I am prepared to buy it but will resort to dowloading from a "sharer" it if 10c won't supply me.
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 22, 1995 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 14, 1998 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 15, 1998 // Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 30, 1999 // Wembley Arena - May 29, 2000 // Wembley Arena - May 30, 2000 // Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000 (met Ed) // Paramount Theater, Seattle - Mar 18, 2005 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006 // Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009 // Hyde Park - June 25,2010 // Bilbao BBK - July 9, 2010 // PJ20 Alpine Valley - Sept 3 & 4, 2011 // Manchester - June 20, 2012 (met wife) // Amsterdam - June 26, 2012 // Prague - July 2, 2012 // Berlin - July 4, 2012 // Stockholm - July 7, 2012 // Oslo - July 9, 2012 // Copenhagen - July 10, 2012 // Philadelphia - October 21, 2013 // Leeds - July 8, 2014 // Prague - July 1, 2018 // Gold Coast - Nov 13, 2024
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Hopefully there will be a AET radio show this Wednesday to answer our questions...
    :D
  • Options
    I've already downloaded te movie... about a week ago! Still haven't seen it... Waiting for proper quality.. Do you know how hard that is?
  • Options
    I think this is the first ever Limited Edition Blu-ray for any film that appeared in theaters. hahahahahaha Can you imagine any other film being treated this way. What were they thinking?
    This is all so funny. The more people petition, complain, whine, bemoan their decision, etc., the more money the 10C makes. They're licking their lips right now.

The primary reason why PJ is able to make so much money off posters, vinyl, Blu-Ray, etc, is because so many of us are caught up in the collector craze. That craze wouldn't exist if PJ items were never made limited and never sold out. It started back with the Benny Hall vinyl, and has gone from there. As items were made limited, sold out, and started selling for much more than their original cost, PJ fans started going crazy for the next "limited" item. The poster phase is probably the most dramatic example: people snapping up posters of shows they didn't go to and would never be displaying, simply because there was such anticipation and demand for them. And when some of those posters sold out in a matter of seconds (DC, Toronto, etc.), it just drove future sales of other posters that a vast majority of people would not have bought if everything was unlimited and nothing ever sold out or went up in value.

The basic idea is this: make some items limited and extremely desirable/valuable, and people will want them. Keep it a mystery as to which specific items "limited" will apply to, and to what extent "limited" applies, and people will buy whatever you throw at them.

This business model is very smart and isn't going to change any time soon. By making some items limited and ultimately valuable, the 10C increases the demand for nearly all of the items they sell. Though they might make more money short-term by releasing more Blu-Rays, in the long run they are going to benefit much more by planting the seed that some items are going to sell out and thus need to be snatched up in a hurry. So don't count on a petition doing anything but cementing this as a wise way to do business. You'd be better off starting a petition asking people to stop petitioning against limited edition items, because as long as we keep showing how much we want them, the club is going to continue to use our hunger for them to their advantage.

*NOTE: I bought my Blu-Ray set the day it went on sale and would be happy to see more released, but I don't see any point in petitioning for this to happen.

To put it another way: the only reason why we grown adults grovel over Eddie Vedder playing cards that we’ll probably never use, Pearl Jam backpacks that most of us will never put on, Zippo lighters even though we don’t smoke, posters from shows we never attended – many of which we’ll never hang, vinyl when many of don’t even own a record player, etc., is because of limited items like the Blu-Ray. Making some items limited, and thus not only valuable but also a symbol of our fan status, makes ALL items much more desirable because of their potential to be the next highly sought-after Pearl Jam status symbol. I’m not saying that’s true of everybody on here, but let’s face it: it’s true for most. And the 10C knows this. And that’s why these situations happen again and again, because ultimately it increases the band’s/club’s overall profit.

I don't think anyone here is really upset about missing out on a limited edition item. They are upset at not being able to see previously unreleased material from the band. That's all really. We are talking about limited edition music and footage of the band and not a memorabilia item. Everyone here, is actually here, because of the music and the live shows and the band. Not the backpacks and the zippos... Nobody fell in love with PJ because they made nice sneakers!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    eyejacker wrote:

I don't think anyone here is really upset about missing out on a limited edition item. They are upset at not being able to see previously unreleased material from the band. That's all really. We are talking about limited edition music and footage of the band and not a memorabilia item. Everyone here, is actually here, because of the music and the live shows and the band. Not the backpacks and the zippos... Nobody fell in love with PJ because they made nice sneakers!!
    you are right Nik..its stupid to talk if was limited,if was written in the description,how many packages made or this boring conversation...this movie is huge and talk about the histrory of the band..all must have access to the material of the movie..all to watch it..atleast the one wants to do it..in the end dont do a package,just sold the 3 dvd-bluray .this isnt a shirt at a show....its PEARL JAM HISTORY...
    PEARL JAM HERITAGE
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:

I think you mean couldn't care less.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    DopeyBoy wrote:

I think you mean couldn't care less.

Maybe he could care less!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Of course the blu-ray was limited edition. I mean why on Earth would the band want every fan to have the directors cut of the film? (sarcasm).
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    Signed!

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • Options
    Signed!
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    Great to see such strong demand for this. Let's hope we get a solution that will please all of us.
  • Options
    Yes!
    Listen to the Sadies.

"Who's better than Eddie Vedder?" - Oranje by Orson Corson
  • Options
    Absolutely...

Signed.
    96: 10-2 Hartford
    03: 7-11 Mansfield 3
    04: 9-28 Boston 1
    08: 6-28 Mansfield 1
    09: 10-30 Philly 3, 10-31 Philly 4
    10: 5-15 Hartford, 5-17 Boston
    11: 9-3 Alpine Valley, 9-4 Alpine Valley
    13: 10-15 Worcester 1, 10-16 Worcester 2, 10-25 Hartford
    16: 4-29 Philly 2, 5-1 MSG 1, 8-5 Fenway 1, 8-7 Fenway 2
    18: 9-2 Fenway 1, 9-4 Fenway 2
    21: 9-26 Ohana
    22: 5-6 LA, 5-7 LA, 5-16 Fresno
    EV SOLO: 8-2-08 Boston 2, 6-8-09 Albany 1, 6-15-11 Providence, 6-16-11 Boston, 6-18-11 Hartford, 11-1-12 Las Vegas
    Tres Mts: 3-27-11 Boston
  • Options
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173722

I made a thread like this for the DVD, but it was locked because the mod said there was already a petition thread, even though this thread only asks for Blu-Ray. Any chance you could add "DVD" to the title of this thread to attract more people?

Anyway, I vote for DVD.

I would've spent $70 on the deluxe DVD. I'm not buying the bare-bones version at all, though. Really seems counter to much of the content of the film itself to limit fans' access to the best, most comprehensive version of their entire life story. This isn't a 7" single we're talking about, here...
  • Options
    Ten_mxTen_mx Posts: 18
    Yes please

I couldn't buy it, beacuse the exchange rate from dollar to mexican peso has been very expensive the last month
  • Options
    Ten_mxTen_mx Posts: 18
    Yes please

I couldn't buy it, beacuse the exchange rate from dollar to mexican peso has been very expensive the last month
  • Options
    Listen, maybe there's a simple solution to this depending on the packaging. If it is indeed numbered then by eliminating the numbering on the package would be an option to make the first run retain it's collectibility by eliminating it from the packaging of the second run. A small package redesign with the words "Second Run" on the new ones could do the same. I'm a graphic designer and this small redesign of adding a line of text would be a courtesy favor of zero cost no matter what the project and since they've already been made (release date this close and the fact it says limited edition) the costs can't be much more than before. Giving 1st run people a certificate of authenticity that can fit inside the casing can retrofit the first runs is another. Anyone with any sense can find a simple cost effective way to ensure the fans are satisfied without stepping on the toes of any fans who believe others should be excluded from owning a film with extras that they want for a fair price. The best part about Pearl Jam (besides the music) is their connection to fans and it would be a disservice to fans like myself who work minimum wage couldn't make it to the screening, didn't have the funds, and want everything on Bluray. Infact I was going to buy a Bluray player after i bought this on Bluray because it's about time to switch and i did see it was limited -if anything can get me to jump on the train, it's all that rare PJ footage I may never even see because who knows the dvd may sell out before i get paid this week.
    Columbus 05/06/2011
  • Options
    Listen, maybe there's a simple solution to this depending on the packaging. If it is indeed numbered then by eliminating the numbering on the package would be an option to make the first run retain it's collectibility by eliminating it from the packaging of the second run. A small package redesign with the words "Second Run" on the new ones could do the same. I'm a graphic designer and this small redesign of adding a line of text would be a courtesy favor of zero cost no matter what the project and since they've already been made (release date this close and the fact it says limited edition) the costs can't be much more than before. Giving 1st run people a certificate of authenticity that can fit inside the casing can retrofit the first runs is another. Anyone with any sense can find a simple cost effective way to ensure the fans are satisfied without stepping on the toes of any fans who believe others should be excluded from owning a film with extras that they want for a fair price. The best part about Pearl Jam (besides the music) is their connection to fans and it would be a disservice to fans like myself who work minimum wage couldn't make it to the screening, didn't have the funds, and want everything on Bluray. Infact I was going to buy a Bluray player after i bought this on Bluray because it's about time to switch and i did see it was limited -if anything can get me to jump on the train, it's all that rare PJ footage I may never even see because who knows the dvd may sell out before i get paid this week.

Well said. There's many different ways for them to re-release it in a different package if they didn't want to make any more of the "limited edition".
  • Options
    I would say the 10c is listening in the way the zombie shirt is described. Clear, concise, a set deadline, it's all there. Thank you, 10c for that.

Now about these blu-rays... :)
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    The only thing that really irks me about this whole blu-ray debacle is that I never once thought the blu-ray of their once-in-a-lifetime movie would genuinely be a limited edition. When it went on sale, I figured I would wait a few weeks, maybe until the release date...

Why you may ask? Because I've pre-ordered countless items from 10c and received them months after others skipped the fan club and went to Target, Amaxon, etc. I went out and bought a second blu-ray of Ed's disc this spring from Best Buy. Took another two months to receive the one I ordered from 10c!
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    Yes please.
  • Options
    SJPJSJPJ Posts: 112
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    The only thing that really irks me about this whole blu-ray debacle is that I never once thought the blu-ray of their once-in-a-lifetime movie would genuinely be a limited edition. When it went on sale, I figured I would wait a few weeks, maybe until the release date...

Why you may ask? Because I've pre-ordered countless items from 10c and received them months after others skipped the fan club and went to Target, Amaxon, etc. I went out and bought a second blu-ray of Ed's disc this spring from Best Buy. Took another two months to receive the one I ordered from 10c!

God, this is so true!! I feel bad, I hope this petition goes through for you!

Signed!
  • Options
    8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    I had bills to pay and only had the $ today! Most definitely want to see this available! In this shitty economy we don't all have enough surplus cash to pounce on whatever new merch pops up before it's gone.
  • Options
    Pearl JimPearl Jim Posts: 182
    Hell Yeah!!!! I am in for a DVD set; was planning to buy
    one this weekend as an early birthday present for myself...
    Don't want to fork over $$$$ on eBay for something that
    Should Not have sold out before the release date!!!!