Boston 2 PUKE

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    UNH1995 wrote:
    To that tall dude who puked on the floor section of the Fleet Center, I have some comments:

1) Were you drunk? You acted really weird.

2) I admire that you puked, and stayed with the puke until the cleaning crew showed up 30 minutes later.

3) I admire that you tipped the cleaning guy for cleaning up your massive volume of puke.

4) Your puke smelled worse that any puke I have ever smelled.

5) All of the ajax in the world did not do enough to mask that horrible smell.

6) I have a picture of you and your puke if you need it.

7) You puked before the show, so people rocked out all night in the ajax/puke soup on the floor beneath their seats.

In summary, I admire your stones for staying with your puke. Most would have fled the scene and denied any responsibility. While the puke molecules still reside in my nostrils, I have lost most of my nauseaous feelings. Wow. Who just leans over and vomits massive amounts on a concrete floor? Wow.

And people post complaining about a widdle bit of pot smoke filling their lungs. But they conviently forget that being intoxicated in a public place is on the verge of being just as bad.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    yup

best thread in a long time.

classic!
  • thank you for this post, ive not laughed out loud like that for that long while sitting here by myself in years!!!! my GF is on her way home and i cant wait to have her read this.

fucking brilliant!!!
    peace, love.
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    Damn this thing is still going strong
    :D

just another reason why Kenny is a Legend :p
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    It is now officially legend.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    haven't seen this thread in a while, boy was this a good one!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
    this is really, really funny stuff many weeks later.
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
    UNH1995 wrote:
    this is really, really funny stuff many weeks later.
    and kudos to you for starting it all

I still remember calling votegirl and saying what you guys doing come up so we can chill before the main set

she said Kenny was just sick
  • This thread really delivers!! I think it merits sticky status!!!

Ewww.... Puke is bad enough, but STICKY puke?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I just voted for this thread as "Best Thread of the year".
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • VedbetterVedbetter Posts: 10
    jeez this thread still makes me laugh just as hard as when i first read it.

the highlight for me:

"The smell hit us like a freight train. I immediately got up and took a picture of it, it was instinctual, a survival mechanism." :)
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    UNH1995 wrote:
    To that tall dude who puked on the floor section of the Fleet Center, I have some comments:

1) Were you drunk? You acted really weird.

2) I admire that you puked, and stayed with the puke until the cleaning crew showed up 30 minutes later.

3) I admire that you tipped the cleaning guy for cleaning up your massive volume of puke.

4) Your puke smelled worse that any puke I have ever smelled.

5) All of the ajax in the world did not do enough to mask that horrible smell.

7) You puked before the show, so people rocked out all night in the ajax/puke soup on the floor beneath their seats.

In summary, I admire your stones for staying with your puke. Most would have fled the scene and denied any responsibility. While the puke molecules still reside in my nostrils, I have lost most of my nauseaous feelings. Wow. Who just leans over and vomits massive amounts on a concrete floor? Wow.

ahahaha funny shit.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • YJN2YJN2 Posts: 2
    Omg
  • YJN2YJN2 Posts: 2
    I have been reading posts on the MP for a long time. I don't know why, but I never took part. This thread has made me register to be able to post only to bump it back up to the front because IT'S SO F'N FUNNY!!!!! I somehow missed it the first time around, so this is for all others who might have missed it also. God-damn, I laughed out loud at work while reading this. People were looking at me as if I'd lost it.

There are some classic lines here too like:

-"the puke molecules still reside in my nostrils"

-"The smell hit us like a freight train."

-"there were hundreds of people in section E on the floor with shirt-masks on"

-"pile o' bile"

-"the essense of the hurl"

-"just be glad you didn't have a poster that got puked on. You coulda had a scratch-n-sniff memory"

-the Stand by Me reference

-"A puke stew with acid so caustic that the steel chairs have been weakened beyond repair."

-"Several times during my workout I had remnants of the odor filtering into my brain. I may need to seek some sort of PTSD counseling"

-"It looked like someone dropped a box of powdered donuts in a bowl of beef stew"

Thank you for posting the pic, THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

There are so many more great lines. And thank you Kenny for outing yourself and giving us your version.

UNH1995 - thank you most of all for starting this thread, having the forethought to take a picture and for making me get off my ass and joining the MP community instead of just viewing it from the sidelines.

I have to go rest my stomach - too much laughing.
  • JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    YJN2 wrote:
    -"the puke molecules still reside in my nostrils"

Used this quote the other day to crack my husband up.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Thread of the century
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    YJN2 wrote:
    -the Stand by Me reference

That was me!!!! :D

Good on 'ya for bumping this thread!

It is my favorite thread EVER in my 3 year career here on the board....

My favorite quote from this thread is "I immediately got up and took a picture of it, it was instinctual, a survival mechanism."

Hilarous....

Welcome. :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    YJN2 wrote:
    I
    -"It looked like someone dropped a box of powdered donuts in a bowl of beef stew"

Why did I read that so early in the morn? I can smell it now!!!

AAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I have forwarded this thread to countless people. Unfortunately many of my friends are girly girls and said it was making them sick so they refused to finish reading it. Their loss. Whenever I have a bad day I look this up to read it. It does not lose its hilarious-ness (is that a word?) one bit!!!

And I was there - row 5 - glad that the smell did not migrate its way over to me!!!!!!!

If I could meet one person from this board it would be the creator of this thread. It's historical.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    thank you for this thread, again and again.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Hmmm, now that's what I call CHUNKY! Yummy
    And the pic of Ed mopping while Dave sits on his lazy ass...no wonder they kicked Dave out. Leaving poor Ed to clean:p
    And cheers to this awesome thread. Best in a long time
    Something never thought you'd be part of
  • UNH1995 wrote:
    posts like mine make the day fly by.
    nice job, me.
    I've read this thread once before and laughed my ass off. But reading through it again, this post made me laugh really hard.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    To YJN2 and everyone else, I've never been more proud to be the butt of a joke.

3 months later, my puke is still bringing joy to the world.

Of course, really its UNH1995's awesome sense of humor.

Weird thing is, I don't come onto Given to Fly much, but 2 of the last 3 times I've come here, this thread was on the top page.
  • kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    thank you, thank you so much for such poetry and artistry and, well...
    vividness. It's one of those Kodak moments, to be sure. Who says all the action happens on stage?
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    To YJN2 and everyone else, I've never been more proud to be the butt of a joke.

3 months later, my puke is still bringing joy to the world.

Of course, really its UNH1995's awesome sense of humor.

Weird thing is, I don't come onto Given to Fly much, but 2 of the last 3 times I've come here, this thread was on the top page.

One day I hope to meet you and shake your hand. You're the classiest puker in the history of puking ;)
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • This is the best thread I've ever read, better than 'bean girl' dare i say....

and this really cracked me up, if 'if you need it'.....
    myspace.com/goldenboy25

"I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good."
    If you ever come to Worcester, look me up. We can discuss the Boston Puke now that some time has passed.
    I have forwarded this thread to countless people. Unfortunately many of my friends are girly girls and said it was making them sick so they refused to finish reading it. Their loss. Whenever I have a bad day I look this up to read it. It does not lose its hilarious-ness (is that a word?) one bit!!!

And I was there - row 5 - glad that the smell did not migrate its way over to me!!!!!!!

If I could meet one person from this board it would be the creator of this thread. It's historical.
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    So the celebrity emerges...........

funny stuff!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Got married, went to Hawaii, now I am back.

Took some time away from the board. Stopped by this afternoon, and very happy to see that this thread lives on. It is still funny stuff some 4 months later.

Keep it up.

Lizard wrote:
    So the celebrity emerges...........

funny stuff!
    BUMP
    cause i love this damn post