New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I tried getting tickets to the St. Louis show, but couldn't get through before they were all gone. I still plan on going - hopefully more tickets will be released prior to the show or I may have to buy from Stubhub. I've never done that before and I hate supporting the scalpers, but I really want to go to this show.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Great performance at Bonnaroo digging some of the new songs, anyone happen to see a boot floating around?
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Saw them in Atlanta on Sunday night.

Great show, great energy. My 10 y/o nephew was going bonkers.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • JzPJzP Posts: 931
    Live Telluride set available to stream in a little while :mrgreen:http://www.koto.org/programming
    ~JzP
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    LOVING these guys!!! They're playing close to here soon and I can't WAIT!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Just watched the live BBC broadcast of these amazing guys at Glastonbury. One of the best performances I've watched on a TV screen in a long while by any band. Amazing in the rain as the light faded. Can't believe I missed them playing here in my home town in a 800 year old cathedral in March.... :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    probably my favorite song of theirs... best band since... the BEATLES!
  • Just announced hopefully well see a few east coast dates

25th October - Air Centre - Toronto
    26th October - Copps Coliseum - Hamilton
    27th October - Bell Centre - Montreal
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Just announced hopefully well see a few east coast dates

Hopefully somewhere close to the tristate area.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Okay so I know I'm super late to this party, but I'm FINALLY totally getting into these guys. Any recommendations on where to start?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Well they have just one album there are some boots out there as well. My fav songs are dustbowl dance, thistle and weeds and after the storm.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Well they have just one album there are some boots out there as well. My fav songs are dustbowl dance, thistle and weeds and after the storm.

Oh! Well that should make it easy then. The ones I saw must have been the boots, thanks!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I'll have to look for those boots. I have the album and it is my current favorite. I would love to see them live. Missed them at St. Louis this past summer - tried and failed to get tickets.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i'll be looking for bootlegs too, which ones are out there?
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    i'm so bummed out i can't see them when they are in Ontario. i have 4 exams when they are here so its better that i don't.

next time though!
  • Can anyone help me out as to where I'd find these bootlegs?
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Just announced hopefully well see a few east coast dates

I'm seeing them in Toronto next week. I can't wait!
    Just announced hopefully well see a few east coast dates

I'm seeing them in Toronto next week. I can't wait!

Lucky!
    I have a LOT of their music, pretty much everything that is out there... I've ripped most of it from Youtube... I'm happy to help people get the new songs, PM me your email address if you want me to email you a few...

Songs you MUST hear, and easily found on youtube:

Home - KBCO BOULDER Version
    London - (The National Cover - Vh1)
    Nothing is Written - LOTS of different studio quality versions out there
    Sister - Find a good sounding copy, not a live crowd recording, I heart radio is good
    Golden Slumbers - Yup, beatles cover
    Lovers Eyes
    Lover of the Light
    Dance, Dance, Dance -Neil Young
  • GTHobbesGTHobbes Posts: 128
    pjtaper wrote:
    I have a LOT of their music, pretty much everything that is out there... I've ripped most of it from Youtube... I'm happy to help people get the new songs, PM me your email address if you want me to email you a few...

Sister - Find a good sounding copy, not a live crowd recording, I heart radio is good
    Lovers Eyes
    Lover of the Light

I'd add to this list "Feel the Tide" and "The Banjolin Song." Great, great stuff.
    Yeah, feel the tide is SICK!!! Good call... I forget that one, as it's on the live cd and went into my original rotation of Mumford studio tracks... The version with Laura Marling singing is my fav!!!
    Banjolin song, not my fav :(
    Same with Liar
  • GTHobbes wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

Lovers Eyes
    Lover of the Light

I'd add to this list "Feel the Tide" and "The Banjolin Song." Great, great stuff.

Thanks, guys! I'm now creating a YouTube playlist.

Free mp3 of Sister - http://www.mumfordandsons.com/news/download-a-new-version-of-sister-for-free
  • I saw Mumford & Sons last night in Toronto. When I first heard they were playing the ACC, I was shocked, but to hear that they sold out was even more shocking. In actuality, there was only about 2/3 of the floor filled, but all the seats were filled. Pretty impressive.

Anyway, it was a fantastic show! They're a great live band and are so much fun to watch. They're having a lot of fun and the fans were definitely having a lot of fun, as well. It was like being at a Great Big Sea concert. Lots of stomping and clapping. :)

They played everything from Sigh No More, except for I Gave it All and Sigh No More, and they played 7 new songs - Lover's Eyes (opener), Lover of the Light, Below My Feet, Nothing is Written (reworked - I liked!), and Hopeless Wanderer. There were a couple of songs I didn't recognize, one of which I have since learned is called Broken Crown. The other had lyrics, "Give me hope in the darkness and I'll see the light". They also played Neil Young's Dance Dance Dance. Thanks so much for sharing that cover last week, because I immediately fell in love with it. I was hoping after playing it at Bridge School on the weekend and being in Canada, they'd play it. Yay! :)

They talked a lot before songs. Unfortunately, I was next to some douche bag who kept shouting, "Play The Cave" whenever there was a break in music, so I didn't catch a lot of it. They did say Toronto and Canada A LOT. They know how to work the crowd. :) They mentioned how excited they are about their new album and thanked the crowd several times for being so patient for letting them play some new songs. Before they played The Cave to close the show (man, I wish they opened with it :lol:), Marcus Mumford encouraged everyone to everyday just "Have fun, have fun, have fun!"

Oh, and Marcus Mumford pulled an Eddie Vedder and fucked up the lyrics during Awake My Soul. He was able to sing the "How fickle my heart..." verse the first time, but had difficulties the second time around. :lol: Everyone laughed and cheered, including Mumford & Sons. :)

Edit: Nothing is Written http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaASWzehaWk
  • love Mumford and Sons. Got to see them at bridge school this year and that just made me a bigger fan. Hope they stick around for years and years to come.

I gave you all!!!!!!
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Mumford & Sons' Sophomore Album to be Released this September :D

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... um=twitter
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Jnich2424 wrote:

:thumbup:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Jnich2424 wrote:

Yeah!!!! (although was hoping it would be sooner).
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    That's good news from the RS article looks like us tour dates will be announced today or tomm.